April 17, 2014 | 881 users online

Liquid - Max Factor - Second Skin [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Beckaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this while searching for the perfect foundation, everyone was saying how amazing it was so i went to try it, I got the palest shade as the wee diagram of the colour looked like my skin tone and they had no samples to try.
    Big mistake!
    The lightest shade is a lot darker than my natural skin tone, it feels real nice just not for me.
    Also if you leave it untouched for a while then put some on your hand it needs to be mixed as it seperates into the colour and a whitish liquid

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by damyanti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new foundation and I came across this one at 25% off, it seemed like a good concept and I bought it on a spur (one of those moments). I rarely use MF products (mascara occasionally), so I havent used their foundation before, in fact it has been years since I last used drugstore foundation and therefor cant tell you how well this compares to those.

I like the texture of this foundation, it goes on very smoothly. It is also very light on skin and that left me pleasently surprised, no heavy feeling in the afternoon and it seems to last well throught the day. It gives a sheer to medium level coverage, which is ok for me since my skin is currently in a good condition (apart from a small red discoloration here and there), but I do wish it had just a bit more coverage (precisely for those redish days). It is not a foundation for someone who likes heavy coverage.

I would be tempted to repurchase this and keep around for low key casual days, but the color offer is very poor. I bought the lightest shade 040 Creamy Ivory and it is a full shade too dark for me. Since the summer is coming up and this foundation has very good "blendig with your skin" properties, I will use it up when my skin picks up a little color, but will not repurchase (I might reconsider if they add lighter shades).

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by summerlady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this one out so I got two samples of Second Skin (SS) last week, Natural and Gold. Currenty Im using Max Faxtor Miracle Touch Gold which is the closest to my own skin color (and which I absolutely love). But somehow SS Gold seemed to be darker. I didnt wanna take the risk so that's why I took two samples to try. I was right, SS Gold is darker than my own skin color and made me quite orange-ish. I have yellow undertone and I already suspected this one isnt gonna suite me, but still wanted to try out. So Gold isnt an option for me. Then the next day I tried SS Natural which surprised me. I thought this wasnt gonna be hit as it looks like it's more suitable for pinkish undertones. But this one surprised me! Natural looked so much better on my skin. Blends in really well, doesnt make my skin look grey-ish, light coverage, doesnt feel heavy, feels good on the skin, no patches. I am quite satisfied with this one. I think Im gonna give it a shot.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

All the shades are pink undertoned - none of them work for my yellow undertoned skin. In terms of coverage, it's sheer but covers reddness and small blemishes. Texture is liquidy and quite runny. I like that it's water-based but I did experience some small breakouts whilst using this. Not that long-lasting. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by harrup

Horrid, horrid stuff - each shade turns several tones darker on the actual skin. Foundation goes on splotchy & patchy, pigments are unevenly distributed...it's more like a bronzing gel or a tinted moisturizer than any foundation I have ever seen. Coverage is minimal.

I cannot fathom who would be a perfect candidate for this product. Perhaps a 17 year old with perfect peach skin already? But then....why would they want to apply THIS to their flawless skin? Awful stuff, avoid at all costs.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by romanticpunkrocker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First of all, it isn't as greasy as others i've tried. It's water-based which makes it feel lighter. I got the 06 sand shade and it matches my skin perfectly. One comment I have is that it takes a while to dry a bit. But it's all good since I don't like foundation when it's all sticky and too dry. The pump container is also a good idea since i want to be able to maximize the use :) The coverage isn't flawless, but it just needs some patience to build up the foundation.

But I also recommend to try out a sample first. Wear it for a day and see how people react.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by destinycross

I managed to get a free sample of this in the "Natural" and "Golden" shades yesterday.

I'm not quite sure what people are talking about when they say it 'dries too fast' because I think it's just fine in terms of drying time. It certainly does glide on easily though, it's probably the smoothest liquid foundation I've ever tried, and blending it in was heavenly.

Coverage is the only thing I might have a problem too, because I like my face looking very smooth and pretty much flawless. Then again, I only had a very limited amount so I couldn't put the same amount as I usually do with an actual bottle or tube of foundation and had to work with just a thin packet of it. The "Natural" shade is also still too dark for me since I have very fair skin, but then again I only had a sample to use.

When I get the chance, I think I'll buy myself the smallest bottle in the lightest shade ("Cream Ivory") to give it a proper test-run.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by shopyves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm currently searching for the perfect wedding foundation for my eczema prone skin. Armed with my stacker pot I've been taking samples of recommended foundations and logging the results here.

Being pale olive skinned I was surprised to find a colour that matched me. This glides on well and gives a good glow. Its not too drying but doesn't give quite enough coverage. However, as it isn't too drying, I do think I would buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by fofocool

this proruct didn't meet my expectetions.........even though it's smooth, soft, easy to apply I can't say that it is absolutely undetectable or that it covers much. It's a good foundation compared to drugstore ones.... nothing more... If your searching for a HG I won't say that this is one... unless you have amazing skin....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by erichong93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think this is an amazing product. It is incredibly hard to find the right amount of foundation to go on your face, and secondly, it does not look flattering when you apply it. Even though it is advertised as being sheer, it still looks pretty cakey to me when it dries.

To give it some credit though, it is easy to apply - it goes on pretty smoothly. Plus, the packaging is pretty good, the right size and has a pump.