September 2, 2014 | 1584 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I love this powder! I'm on my third one! It keeps my face matte all day, adds a bit a coverage and its so cheap. I wish they would revamp the packaging though, it's very cheap, but I will continue to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by JillianRoseF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Used with Rimmel Lasting Finish, this powder is absolutely amazing. The packaging is light and sleek, but has a classic look. Also, the smell is fresh and not overpowering like some powders. Let me just emphasize, the shine control is extraordinary! I am extremely oily, and this superb powder saved the day. I use a generous amount with an ELF flat top powder brush, and it gives an extra layer of flawless coverage. Lasts all day with NO touch ups. So cheap, and great color selection. I am so impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I bought this some time ago, and at first, I thought it was okay to have. But then it started to break me out really badly, and then, after going through some message boards, I found out that the powder contained coconut oil. Do you know why a stay matte powder would contain oil? Beats me.

Also, if you have oily skin, or acne prone skin (Or both, if you're like me...), then I suggest you to save your money, and dont buy this. The powder broke me out after one use, and it did not keep me matte whatsoever. The record is currently 30 minutes, max. No jokes.

The packaging, meh. The lid doesn't close well, so it would pop open if this was in my bag. It got all over the inside of my purse, and I had to clean it out. That ticked me off big time!

Despite the raves or what not, this product didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

People rave too much about this product. It probably works for them, but not me. I have combo skin and this doesn't really help my skin. The powder particles are not fine enough, so when I use it to set my under eyes it makes look really cakey and heavy. For the rest of my face, this "transparent" color is too light for me. I have medium skin tone and people should be aware of that, because it's not "no color". In short, when I use this powder to set everything, it's really ashy, too powdery, but then throughout the day all the oils just comes right back on your face. I don't like this product at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by LadyLaurel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder is the best i've found! I use a big, fluffy brush and apply over my Clinique Even Better foundation. It lasts all day long and looks great! I'm in love and will never be without!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to FINALLY try this powder out a couple months ago when I was testing out different BB Creams and needed something that would help them last longer on my skin. I had been using Hard Candy's Welcome Matte pressed powder for a few years and LOVE it, but I thought maybe it wasn't mattifying enough for the BB Creams I was using. The first day I used it was also on the first day of a small trip my boyfriend and I were taking. I learned the hard way not to bring a new product on a trip without having something else as a back-up in case it doesn't work! At first I adored this powder. It somehow seemed to give a little extra coverage and made my skin look literally perfect and airbrushed. I noticed that it did mattify my skin, but it also felt kind of thick/heavy on my skin and also kind of.... greasy? That's not the right word for it but I can't think of one that describes it better. It almost felt like I had put a foundation on that just never really set. So I tried applying less the next time and that did help but I could still feel it. All that wouldn't have been a problem though were it not for the fact that after 5 days of wearing this, my skin had several small dry patches, and a few bumps. It took about 2 weeks for my skin to get back to normal. I did try it again later on because I had also been testing out a new BB Cream at that time and thought maybe that was culprit instead of the powder, but my skin almost immediately felt itchy after the first application so I just gave up at that point. It's a shame because I loved the way it made my skin look! The packaging is pretty crappy... As many others have mentioned, the lid does not stay on at all which makes it very inconvenient for putting in your makeup bag for the day. Has a scent to it, but I thought it was pleasant, though I'm sure my skin didn't like it too much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder lasts forever when used as a setting powder. I mostly blot/stipple it onto my t-zone area instead of swiping it. I does a great job of setting my makeup. When I'm in a hurry and don't need full makeup, I like to just swipe this over my face -- and even though it is transluscent -- it gives my skin a little something to make me feel like I have makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this recently when I forgot to pack my usual powder while on vacation. I picked it up at Wal-Mart for $4 and figured at that price point if it turned out to be crap it wouldn't be a big loss. I am so glad I got it! I don't usually wear foundation, just TM or BB cream and always need a powder to keep from turning into an oil slick, this powder gives me a good 6 hours before any shine breaks through. I just apply over my finished makeup with a big fluffy powder brush and buff it in well. I have noticed if I over apply it looks a little powdery, though. Use a light hand. I have not used this for touch ups during the day so I don't know if it would get cakey or not. But for only $4 this product is a total win and I will buy it again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by JennieLouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My makeup bag is never without this product, I always repurchase before my current one runs out. My nose can get oily so using this powder on top of my foundation really helps keeping my skin looking good. I think experience with this powder can vary depending on skin type and the foundation you use, in my personal experience, when i use foundations that gather easily and don't last the day on the skin, the powder does little to help the situation, however when used with a good quality foundation it really keeps everything in place. My only complaint would be that as you hit pan the powder has a tendency to break up and because of the container it's in, which makes it harder to use

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fabulous setting powder and you get alot in the package. I was using Hard Candy's Hello Matte but it was 8 bucks compared to only 4 for the rimmel product so I figured I'd try it instead. I'm glad I did for I like it alot better! It keeps my face fairly matte even in the most humid weather which is a great feat during an Arkansas summer. I highly recommend this product!!