October 21, 2014 | 1854 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by nichdizzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this powder for a little less than a year to set my foundation. It has not broke me out. I read of reviews and raves for this product that it was amazing to set foundation as well as oil control. I do have combination skin and whenever I use this product it does not keep my oil at bay. I don't know if it is just my foundation or primer, I use Sheer Envy Primer it doesn't stop oil. It is just a powder, it adds no coverage or color. It doesn't cake or streak, it feels soft on the skin. But if you are sensitive to fragrance, I would watch out. It has the smell of the dark colored perfume that is super cheap.
I do prefer it to translucent powder for flash photography. This product isn't a miracle saver or a horrible powder, its just a nice setting powder. I have used a BB cream with a powder foundation and then I tried the BB cream with this powder I noticed I got more oily. I know that powder foundation is literally a foundation but this product states to have oil control, where it the controlling of oil? I would probably buy again to just set my under eyes concealer or cream blushers, but I think I will be on the hunt for an overall face powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I picked this up because I ran out of my Revlon Photoready pressed powder and I heard rave reviews about this on YouTube. It was only $4 at my Target, so I couldn't resist buying it. Overall, it's just an Okay powder. It keeps oiliness and shine at bay for me and the packaging is alright... I just had high expectations from all the rave reviews. It's not that this powder was bad, but it wasn't great at all. I probably will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I really do not know why this has such high ratings. I have really oily acne prone skin and this powder does not keep my oils at bay. I tried using this for a few months and honestly it doesn't do what people claim. I barely reach for this out of all my powders. Also the packaging is very flimsy and I wouldn't recommend this for travel (the cap barely stays on). I bought this powder because I needed a photo friendly powder that also held up on my oily skin. However it just didn't keep my skin matte. I wouldn't say I completely wasted my money since it was sooo cheap! But the thing is, you get what you paid for. Would not recommend to girls who are REALLY OILY. Just stay away. I highly recommend the Physician Formula Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I love this powder! I'm on my third one! It keeps my face matte all day, adds a bit a coverage and its so cheap. I wish they would revamp the packaging though, it's very cheap, but I will continue to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by JillianRoseF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Used with Rimmel Lasting Finish, this powder is absolutely amazing. The packaging is light and sleek, but has a classic look. Also, the smell is fresh and not overpowering like some powders. Let me just emphasize, the shine control is extraordinary! I am extremely oily, and this superb powder saved the day. I use a generous amount with an ELF flat top powder brush, and it gives an extra layer of flawless coverage. Lasts all day with NO touch ups. So cheap, and great color selection. I am so impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

I bought this some time ago, and at first, I thought it was okay to have. But then it started to break me out really badly, and then, after going through some message boards, I found out that the powder contained coconut oil. Do you know why a stay matte powder would contain oil? Beats me.

Also, if you have oily skin, or acne prone skin (Or both, if you're like me...), then I suggest you to save your money, and dont buy this. The powder broke me out after one use, and it did not keep me matte whatsoever. The record is currently 30 minutes, max. No jokes.

The packaging, meh. The lid doesn't close well, so it would pop open if this was in my bag. It got all over the inside of my purse, and I had to clean it out. That ticked me off big time!

Despite the raves or what not, this product didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

People rave too much about this product. It probably works for them, but not me. I have combo skin and this doesn't really help my skin. The powder particles are not fine enough, so when I use it to set my under eyes it makes look really cakey and heavy. For the rest of my face, this "transparent" color is too light for me. I have medium skin tone and people should be aware of that, because it's not "no color". In short, when I use this powder to set everything, it's really ashy, too powdery, but then throughout the day all the oils just comes right back on your face. I don't like this product at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by LadyLaurel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder is the best i've found! I use a big, fluffy brush and apply over my Clinique Even Better foundation. It lasts all day long and looks great! I'm in love and will never be without!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to FINALLY try this powder out a couple months ago when I was testing out different BB Creams and needed something that would help them last longer on my skin. I had been using Hard Candy's Welcome Matte pressed powder for a few years and LOVE it, but I thought maybe it wasn't mattifying enough for the BB Creams I was using. The first day I used it was also on the first day of a small trip my boyfriend and I were taking. I learned the hard way not to bring a new product on a trip without having something else as a back-up in case it doesn't work! At first I adored this powder. It somehow seemed to give a little extra coverage and made my skin look literally perfect and airbrushed. I noticed that it did mattify my skin, but it also felt kind of thick/heavy on my skin and also kind of.... greasy? That's not the right word for it but I can't think of one that describes it better. It almost felt like I had put a foundation on that just never really set. So I tried applying less the next time and that did help but I could still feel it. All that wouldn't have been a problem though were it not for the fact that after 5 days of wearing this, my skin had several small dry patches, and a few bumps. It took about 2 weeks for my skin to get back to normal. I did try it again later on because I had also been testing out a new BB Cream at that time and thought maybe that was culprit instead of the powder, but my skin almost immediately felt itchy after the first application so I just gave up at that point. It's a shame because I loved the way it made my skin look! The packaging is pretty crappy... As many others have mentioned, the lid does not stay on at all which makes it very inconvenient for putting in your makeup bag for the day. Has a scent to it, but I thought it was pleasant, though I'm sure my skin didn't like it too much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder lasts forever when used as a setting powder. I mostly blot/stipple it onto my t-zone area instead of swiping it. I does a great job of setting my makeup. When I'm in a hurry and don't need full makeup, I like to just swipe this over my face -- and even though it is transluscent -- it gives my skin a little something to make me feel like I have makeup on.