July 29, 2014 | 1840 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to FINALLY try this powder out a couple months ago when I was testing out different BB Creams and needed something that would help them last longer on my skin. I had been using Hard Candy's Welcome Matte pressed powder for a few years and LOVE it, but I thought maybe it wasn't mattifying enough for the BB Creams I was using. The first day I used it was also on the first day of a small trip my boyfriend and I were taking. I learned the hard way not to bring a new product on a trip without having something else as a back-up in case it doesn't work! At first I adored this powder. It somehow seemed to give a little extra coverage and made my skin look literally perfect and airbrushed. I noticed that it did mattify my skin, but it also felt kind of thick/heavy on my skin and also kind of.... greasy? That's not the right word for it but I can't think of one that describes it better. It almost felt like I had put a foundation on that just never really set. So I tried applying less the next time and that did help but I could still feel it. All that wouldn't have been a problem though were it not for the fact that after 5 days of wearing this, my skin had several small dry patches, and a few bumps. It took about 2 weeks for my skin to get back to normal. I did try it again later on because I had also been testing out a new BB Cream at that time and thought maybe that was culprit instead of the powder, but my skin almost immediately felt itchy after the first application so I just gave up at that point. It's a shame because I loved the way it made my skin look! The packaging is pretty crappy... As many others have mentioned, the lid does not stay on at all which makes it very inconvenient for putting in your makeup bag for the day. Has a scent to it, but I thought it was pleasant, though I'm sure my skin didn't like it too much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder lasts forever when used as a setting powder. I mostly blot/stipple it onto my t-zone area instead of swiping it. I does a great job of setting my makeup. When I'm in a hurry and don't need full makeup, I like to just swipe this over my face -- and even though it is transluscent -- it gives my skin a little something to make me feel like I have makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this recently when I forgot to pack my usual powder while on vacation. I picked it up at Wal-Mart for $4 and figured at that price point if it turned out to be crap it wouldn't be a big loss. I am so glad I got it! I don't usually wear foundation, just TM or BB cream and always need a powder to keep from turning into an oil slick, this powder gives me a good 6 hours before any shine breaks through. I just apply over my finished makeup with a big fluffy powder brush and buff it in well. I have noticed if I over apply it looks a little powdery, though. Use a light hand. I have not used this for touch ups during the day so I don't know if it would get cakey or not. But for only $4 this product is a total win and I will buy it again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by JennieLouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My makeup bag is never without this product, I always repurchase before my current one runs out. My nose can get oily so using this powder on top of my foundation really helps keeping my skin looking good. I think experience with this powder can vary depending on skin type and the foundation you use, in my personal experience, when i use foundations that gather easily and don't last the day on the skin, the powder does little to help the situation, however when used with a good quality foundation it really keeps everything in place. My only complaint would be that as you hit pan the powder has a tendency to break up and because of the container it's in, which makes it harder to use

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fabulous setting powder and you get alot in the package. I was using Hard Candy's Hello Matte but it was 8 bucks compared to only 4 for the rimmel product so I figured I'd try it instead. I'm glad I did for I like it alot better! It keeps my face fairly matte even in the most humid weather which is a great feat during an Arkansas summer. I highly recommend this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mariaterzian

excellent product! use with a brush for light aplication. For undereye area I use the beautyblender to blot any excess oil !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Christinecrayton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to make this short and simple: this is an amazing product, buy it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by ellieinwonderland

For some reason I have normal skin but an extremely oily nose, I bought this in hope that it would combat the oiliness. It did keep it at bay for about 2 hours but when I reapplied it it did look very cakey on my skin. I've only repurchased this because its extremely cheap but be careful when you hit pan, mine smashed and the flimsy lid came off so the powder covered the inside of my bag! Lets just say that my the inside of my bag has never been the same since! Overall, I think it is a nice powder for people who don't have particularly oily skin or people on a budget, despite it not being very long lasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Jorid

Even if I'm very careful with the application this powder leaves my face looking powdery. I find that it doesn't really help matting down my face and that my face actually become more oily using this powder. It also has a really prominent "old lady makeup"/talcum scent, to me it's actually somewhat pleasant, but I assume some people will hate the scent. I really don't get the hype of this powder, there has to be better options out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Brookestar32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite setting powder. Keeps my makeup in place all day and keeps my nose from getting oily. I just don't like the packaging.