Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

3.9

TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SILICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BORON NITRIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, LECITHIN, METHYLPARABEN, ALLYL METHACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER, CETYL DIMETHICONE, PROPYLPARABEN, LAUROYL LYSINE, BUTYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE. [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)

on 1/4/2014 3:10:00 PM

I absolutely love this powder for everyday use! it sets my think cream foundations and my super runny foundations amazingly.
It settles into my fine lines under my eyes a bit but not enough to change my opinion on it in any way.
LOVE LOVE LOVE

on 1/2/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I should be punished for not purchasing this waaaay sooner. I own the Urban Decay deslick powder and feel like a sucker for spending $30. Stay Matte goes on smoothly without making your face cakey or powdery and provides a natural matte finish for several hours. Yes, maybe halfway through the day you might need to reapply if you have very oily skin but that's no bother for such an inexpensive product.

on 12/31/2013 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Product is great, you get amazing results for the price. I use everyday and have multiple packages. Top cover on container sometimes is difficult to keep on. Love this product. Would reccomend.

on 12/27/2013 12:39:00 PM

me gusta. me gusta mucho.

on 12/25/2013 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I use liquid foundation and as such I don't need any heavy pressed powder - just something light to set my foundation. I used to use Sonia Kashuk, but I felt like I was using it up really quickly, so I tried this pressed powder since my little sister recommended it. I really like it. It's light and non-cakey when put over my Urban Decay Naked foundation. Love it and at $4USD at Target the price can't be beat!

on 12/20/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this powder because of the name "Stay Matte" and because of my very oily skin I thought it would help with keeping my skin matte throughout the day. This powder only kept me matte for about an hour before I was noticeably oily. The powder also felt very cakey on my skin even when I used a little. After about 2 weeks of using this product my skin did feel very tight and clogged as well as rough and scaley. The product itself lasted me about a month- there is not much product, but the price is great I payed around $5-$6 in Canada. Overall this product did not keep me matte for as long as I thought it would so I would not repurchase

on 11/29/2013 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Silky Beige. Been using this for a month.
Coverage is sheer. One coat does absolutely nothing for dark acne scars. 3 thin coats makes your blemishes less apparent and your complexion more even. This powder will definitely NOT COVER your blemishes no matter how many layers your apply.
The COVERAGE lasts an hour and no longer for me.
But it keep my skin matte for abt 3 hours though.
Meaning, the powder evened out my blemishes for only an hour but continued to keep my skin decently matte for abt 3 hours.

To test, I applied toner, lotion, then 3 thin coats of this powder and nothing else. It looked great when I was done. Very natural smooth no foundation look(bc my acne scars were still somewhat noticeable LOL).
But an hour later it looked like I had no foundation on.

on 11/21/2013 11:47:00 PM

I have repurchased this product quite a bit. It sets your make up, keeps you from going shiny and works well to keep your foundation and concealer in place. The price is reasonable. The quality of the product is great for drugstore, I do prefer this powder of some other high end powders I have tried. The only downside is the packaging. It isn't exactly horrible to look at but the way it is packaged can be of inconvenience. The lid is separate and it does not contain a mirror. Also the product runs out kinda quickly. I have hit pan in a month and a half once (when I was using it every day..and lots of it).
Overall, the quality is great and the price is amazing for the quality it has. I would buy again in a heartbeat. The transparent powder is usable for most skin colours.

on 10/20/2013 9:45:00 PM

Great translucent powder especially to set liquid foundation! I pair this with Revlon ColorStay combination foundation after I contour and blend. I use Ecotools long handle kabuki brush which is designated only for my setting powders and it sets my makeup very nicely. For extra stay power coverage, I brush this powder on, spritz Urban Decay all nighter spray over that, let that dry and brush another light layer and my face looks airbrushed all night. Love this powder, I have hit pan twice already on this product!

on 10/20/2013 1:02:00 AM

This is a pretty good powder and I know it works really well for most people. For me, however, it doesn't keep me matte for more than an hour. I know I do have oily skin, but I don't feel it keeps me shine-free any longer than Revlon's Nearly Naked or Wet & Wild Coverall pressed powders, and I think I prefer the way these two look on my skin more than the Rimmel. I think the texture is almost as nice as the Revlon Nearly Naked and Wet & Wild pressed powders, and FAR superior to any I have tried by Physician's Formula. I think the MAC Blot pressed powder does a better job of keeping the shine away longer and is also not cakey.

Pros:
- nice texture
- large amount of product
- low cost
- shade range isn't bad
- doesn't get cakey
- doesn't form disgusting waxy film over surface that Physician's Formula pressed powder spf 50 (orange compact) did

Cons:
- really cheap packaging, no clasp to keep it closed, no mirror
- no spf
- doesn't really help me stay matte for more than an hour at the most (but it might work for others)

For me, I want a pressed powder to come in a classy, minimal compact with a mirror because I get shiny a lot and need to touch up constantly. I basically depot the Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder and put it in a silver Prescriptives or black MAC compact. The Rimmel is way too big to fit into standard compacts and its super-cheap packaging is a deal breaker for me.