April 16, 2014 | 1386 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Jorid

Even if I'm very careful with the application this powder leaves my face looking powdery. I find that it doesn't really help matting down my face and that my face actually become more oily using this powder. It also has a really prominent "old lady makeup"/talcum scent, to me it's actually somewhat pleasant, but I assume some people will hate the scent. I really don't get the hype of this powder, there has to be better options out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Brookestar32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite setting powder. Keeps my makeup in place all day and keeps my nose from getting oily. I just don't like the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

It does what it is supposed to, which is keeping me matte, but only for half an hour or so. If I apply some more later on it turns me into a cake city. Even a light dusting is enough for that. I either have to get a lighter hand, a less dense brush or stop trying to make this powder work for my very oily skin. The packaging is also not great. I don't expect anything special from products from this price range but trying to put the cap on the powder properly takes quite an effort. It also falls off easily if you don't do it properly and you don't want that to happen if powder is in your handbag. The powder is not that bad but if just not anything for me. Perhaps girls with less oily/normal skin might like it better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Nicolelovesmac

This is a very nice product that will keep you matte for about 3 or 4 hours. This is mainly for applying it to only your oily areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Cbooth17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is not for applying over your entire face. Apply only to oily spots or areas that are prone to fountation slipping. I applied it to my combination skin, amd the dry spots became noticable. The powder is very light or almost see through, but on top of some foundation/ bb creams/ tinted moisturisors, it obtains an orange tint. The powder is cheap, but doesnt look cheap (confusing?). Overall, i would recommend this product to people with oily skin, NOT for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I personally think this is the best low budget powder. It is excellent at setting my foundation, doesn't cake, keeps my nose oil free and is very cheap. The downside, which many people have mentioned, is the packaging is very inconvenient for use on the go. The lid frequently falls off!
Overall, a very good matte powder that is cheap and keeps oil away. Highly recommended.

Pros: Very inexpensive, long lasting, good colour
Cons: Awkward packaging

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by mizzmkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oily gals/guys Let me just start of by saying this will NOT keep you matte. It's an OK setting powder for beginners & people that are on a budget. I feel there are better DS powders. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by valerance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's a very good product. It stays longer than most of the other pressed powders. The bad thing is the package is so simple and plastic. Not good for carrying in the bags.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by SophieRose99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice powder and it does matte your skin well. Lasts a few hours not all day, but then I do have an oily t-zone so not a lot of products sit well all day. It has a fine texture and doesn't look cakey or powdery. I blend it with a feathery sort of stippling brush and this finishes it well. The packaging is frustrating. I want to take this with me during the day for touch ups but it is a bit fragile and the lid just sits on, doesn't click into place and I can see it causing a huge mess in my bag. But still, for the price this is a good powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by liannaTX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

An okay powder. For an inexpensive one, CG has better. Mac Blot is the best on my combo/oily skin. The packaging is horrible, but I still keep this in my makeup bag because it is a cheap backup in a pinch.