Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 7/23/2013 1:05:00 AM

I think it's a good color match does show my acne scars after awhile it makes those dips and reveals the dark scars but the Rimmel Sun Bronzer helps take attention away from that and gives me more of a contoured face like I just came back from a Grecian Cruise with my tan Asian skin. Tomorrow I'm going to try some others. I was trying to stay cheap with this but if other brands like Benefit work better I'll go with them and return this. I just will review the products on Benefit primer and foundation later. Look for that if you're interested.

on 7/14/2013 12:11:00 AM

I purchased this from a local chemist for $16 AUD and it is great value for a drugstore foundation. There are a lot of shades available and I was worried that this would be warm-toned because of my previous experiences with Maybelline products. I am NC20 to NC 25 and I find that Nude is the perfect shade for me. People had problems with this being too orange but I think this might be for the darker shades.
It has medium to high coverage and has a matte finish. IT LOOKS LIKE SKIN and is a buildable foundation, however it does cake if too much is applied. It covers most of my acne, pigmentation and pores except I still need concealer for darker spots.
It has a faint chemical smell which doesn't bother me. It's thick like MAC Studio Finish but creamier, and a nice consistency that isn't too thick or thin. It contains a bit of SPF but is still nice for photography. I don't break out from the formula at all wooh
To apply this I use a paddle brush because I find that it is fast drying for a foundation. It has okay oil control but I get oil coming in at the 4 to 5 hours mark and after 8 hours I do need to blot. However it doesn't fade which is the SuperStay I'm guessing. Great for summer months.
The packaging is similar to MAC, which is in a cylindrical glass/ plastic tube. It does have a wide opening and a white lid instead. It's quite sturdy and travel friendly but could possibly break if dropped. The opening is unhygienic but what can you do hahaha
It's a great foundation for those starting off with face makeup like teenagers because it's a moderate price and the quality is awesome. I prefer this over my MAC and Revlon foundation.

on 6/25/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

im on the prowl for a good summertime foundation that will not make me a greaseball within a few hours...this one didnt measure up. it got very oily throughout the day. the coverage is okay but it does require me to use undereye concealer. the coverage lasted all day and did not fade. covergirl queen all day flawless is amazing..can be used without concealer, and controls oil well..however i wasnt able to find the right shade. so i got frustrated and thought i'd give this maybelline a try. the shade caramel was perfect for my medium brown skin tone w/ yellow undertones. however it doesnt hold a candle to the covergirl queen. it was a disappointment. i would not recommend this if you have oily skin...its better suited for normal/dry skin.

on 6/17/2013 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am always looking for a foundation with the finish and staying power of Revlon Colorstay, but in a shade that I don't have to custom blend. I am about NC30 (see my arm swatch for other foundations I have used) and bought Maybelline SuperStay in Classic Beige. While the color is a good match--on the neutral side but not pink-- the foundation itself is just average. The other good match I've found is Maybelline FitMe in 220, and while this one has better coverage and lasts longer, it still wears off and doesn't have that oomph that Colorstay has.

on 5/26/2013 11:49:00 AM

So after hearing all the great reviews about this foundation I decided to give it a go and try it for myself. I have to say, I am rather disappointed.

I found that none of the colours matched my skin well (I have fair, pale skin with slightly pink undertones) and the colour that looked best to begin with turned my face completely orange. It claims that it stays on for 24 hours and I have only tried up to 14 hours max and yes it does stay but not with very nice effects. Within a couple of hours I found my face completely patchy and my T-zone had become extremely oily. It was not a good look! I even used blotting paper and a matte loose powder to try and conceal it..BIG NO NO.

The only advantage to this foundation is that the packaging is good with an easy to use pump.

I would not recommend this foundation at all. I am going back to my Rimmel London 16 hour.

on 5/3/2013 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

* ABOUT MY SKIN *
My skin is very oily but dehydrated. My t-zone is an oil slick, but my skin also tends to get dry around the nose and forehead. I scar very easily and I have very dark acne scars and hyperpigmentation on my chin. I am no longer acne prone, but I do break out occasionally due to certain foods. I am Asian with very yellow/golden undertones. My colour in MAC's Studio Fix Fluid is NC35 and in the powder, C4.

* PACKAGING & PRICE *
I purchased this for around $10 (CDN) at Wal-Mart. The packaging is a glass cylinder with a white lid, NO pump and a fairly wide opening. I hate that it doesn't have a pump but when I'm using it, I just tip it over a little bit and stick a cotton swab inside and dot it all over my face. Maybelline SuperStay is available in 12 shades in Canada.

* FORMULA, COLOUR & APPLICATION *
SuperStay has a normal consistency... by that I mean that it's not too thick nor too thin. It does have a faint chemical smell, but it dissipates upon application. It will probably be a hassle to get it out of bottle when you're close to the bottom, but you could just store it sideways. I checked the MU board, reviews, Findation and Temptalia's Foundation Matrix to see what shade I would be and I was recommended Classic Beige. I checked it out in Wal-Mart and it looked very odd. Very beigey/grey in the bottle. The shades close to it didn't look like they would match me any better either, so I got it in Classic Beige. I thought there would be no way that it would match my skintone. I dotted it all over my face and it looked like it was going to be a terrible match. Surprisingly, after I blended it out, it matched me perfectly! It doesn't seem like it will be yellow enough at first but somehow it DOES end up matching. I have applied this with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush as well as the ELF Powder Brush (flat top one). It sets fairly quickly but not quickly enough that you wouldn't have time to blend.

* COVERAGE & STAYING POWER *
After application, this dries down into a matte, but slightly satin, finish. It is not tacky or sticky afterwards. It is definitely not mask-like or cakey on me. I would say the coverage is medium, but definitely buildable as long as you work quickly. It covered up my cheek redness well with one layer, although I still needed concealer for my acne scars on my chin. They are extremely dark though, so I didn't really expect anything to cover them completely. It feels very lightweight on the skin during wear. It did not seem to oxidize noticeably on me. I did not notice any transfer either. I try to avoid touching my face a lot so that may have been part of it, but I did dab my face with a tissue at work when something got in my eye and it didn't come off noticeably on the tissue. I applied this at 7:00 AM and kept it on during work and afterwards when I went out. By the time I took it off, it was about 7:00 PM. I'm pretty impressed with how nicely this looked at the end of the day! I work at a busy medical clinic so I barely have time to eat lunch, let alone touch up my face. I did not blot or powder the first day I wore this and was almost afraid to see my reflection when I got home, but I looked totally fine! Yes, I was a little shiny on some parts of my face, but the foundation did not slide off my face or get patchy or turn orange/pink/grey or anything like that. I could have easily touched it up. I'm sure if I would have blotted and powdered it would have looked even better, but otherwise, it held up just fine during an 8 hour work day and activities after work on a sunny day. I take this off at night with Pond's Cold Cream and a baby wipe. I follow up with my SpectroJel cleanser on my Olay Pro X brush. I have not had any breakouts from this foundation.

* FINAL THOUGHTS *
Let me just say I rarely wear liquid foundation. VERY rarely. I am obsessed with my skin looking like skin, as in, the colour needs to match and I will not be comfortable wearing something that looks very makeup-y. As a result, I pretty much gave up on liquid foundation save for special occasions and nighttime events, so I have been wearing MSFN and concealer as my daily face. Also, most drugstore foundations tend to have either pink or beigey undertones which do not match my skintone. When I applied this, I checked my face in my bathroom lighting, bedroom lighting, sunlight and it looked great in each one. I took a picture on my camera and my cellphone just to make sure it looked okay, and it photographs quite well! And honestly, it looked like my skin, but better. I am very impressed and surprised by this foundation. It held up well for hours! I'm not sure that the 24-hour claims are true, but I don't need my foundation to last that long anyways. I think this is a great foundation if you can find a shade match. There isn't a huge selection - I think those who are very fair or those who have a deeper skintone may have issues finding a suitable match. I also don't know if this would suit people who are looking for more coverage. While it is buildable, I think that after a few layers, this may get cakey. I do wish it was slightly more mattifying, just because my t-zone is SO oily, and the lack of a pump bottle is annoying, but this is still a great every day foundation for me, and it is definitely worth a try!

NOTE: I cannot compare this to Revlon Colorstay because the colour range that is available in Canada is terrible, and they don't have the shade that would match me. It pretty much goes from True Beige (too light) to Natural Tan (too dark), so I don't own Colorstay.

on 4/27/2013 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT:
I really like this foundation and purchased it in another shade with hopes that it will be more yellow. I got it in the shade nude for reference. It is an improvement from the past two, however it is a little orangey. Fine by me, as it is great for the 'fading fake tan sort of stage'. For the people familiar with MAC, I would be about NC25-30 for the awkward fading fake tan transition from tanned to pale. I could slightly make it work for when I am NC30, but it is a tad bit pink still. But I think it will work on girls with more neutral/pink undertones as opposed to yellow or asian skintones.

Quite like this foundation. Nice natural finish, okay staying power, however oxidises a little. Nothing dramatic if you get a shade slightly lighter than your natural skin or set it with a lighter powder. I got the shade classic ivory to try out first, but the lighting in store was terrible and it looked like I had sunburn on my face. Went in to get another shade, sand beige and it was still too pink, but better than before. Once again, loved the finish, staying power and dosent break me out!! :) happyyyy

on 4/12/2013 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I liked the look of this foundation on my skin, but it didn't last any longer than other foundations. I guess it might on bare skin, but who wants to go without SPF? I might repurchase if I could find a color match. Sand Beige was the closest thing I could find, but it is too cool-toned for my skin. It doesn't go on as cool as it looks in the bottle, but it's still not a good match for me. (For reference, the best match I can find for my skin is Stila Natural Finish Oil-Free in shade C with just a smidge of shade D mixed in. I guess I am the only reviewer on this site who doesn't know her MAC shade. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm about NC 20.)

on 3/29/2013 9:33:00 PM

I really enjoy this foundation!
I've always spent tons of money on higher end foundations, but this one does just as good as the rest.
I switch between this and shiseido waterproof foundation and i love both.
I think i was lucky to pick a color that really matches me well. I pour a little on the back of my hand, and tap my brush into it to spread the product around so i don't get too much on my brush at once. It blends well, and covers most of everything. I would say this is a medium coverage foundation.
I don't have any redness or problems with my skin so it's hard to say if this would work for everyone.
My Skin: Oily, olive toned. I use an NC35 in Mac studiofix and the classic beige matches perfect! (i also use smashbox photofinish primer under this)
I will purchase again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this foundation because it offered more coverage than my previous one. However, I was in denial of just how bad it was.
1. My skin looked orange (even when I shook it up)
2. It did not cover any discoloration (looked purple vs red)
3. My face was never oily & I have oily skin (so it was trapping oil)
4. Rubbed off onto EVERYTHING
5. Faded throughout the day (after 8 hours it was gone)
6. $11.99 for a bottle that goes quickly. Also, it's hard to not spill when dispensing & you cannot see how much product is left
7. Seemed to cake around eyebrows & bumps

This foundation was the best drugstore foundation I've ever tried. But now I've moved onto just wearing Almays clear complexion concealer instead of wearing foundation. My skin loves it so far! My suggestion is if you can, do the same, as it prevents clogged pores/new cosmetic breakouts