August 21, 2014 | 1322 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT:
I really like this foundation and purchased it in another shade with hopes that it will be more yellow. I got it in the shade nude for reference. It is an improvement from the past two, however it is a little orangey. Fine by me, as it is great for the 'fading fake tan sort of stage'. For the people familiar with MAC, I would be about NC25-30 for the awkward fading fake tan transition from tanned to pale. I could slightly make it work for when I am NC30, but it is a tad bit pink still. But I think it will work on girls with more neutral/pink undertones as opposed to yellow or asian skintones.

Quite like this foundation. Nice natural finish, okay staying power, however oxidises a little. Nothing dramatic if you get a shade slightly lighter than your natural skin or set it with a lighter powder. I got the shade classic ivory to try out first, but the lighting in store was terrible and it looked like I had sunburn on my face. Went in to get another shade, sand beige and it was still too pink, but better than before. Once again, loved the finish, staying power and dosent break me out!! :) happyyyy

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by vwterry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked the look of this foundation on my skin, but it didn't last any longer than other foundations. I guess it might on bare skin, but who wants to go without SPF? I might repurchase if I could find a color match. Sand Beige was the closest thing I could find, but it is too cool-toned for my skin. It doesn't go on as cool as it looks in the bottle, but it's still not a good match for me. (For reference, the best match I can find for my skin is Stila Natural Finish Oil-Free in shade C with just a smidge of shade D mixed in. I guess I am the only reviewer on this site who doesn't know her MAC shade. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm about NC 20.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I really enjoy this foundation!
I've always spent tons of money on higher end foundations, but this one does just as good as the rest.
I switch between this and shiseido waterproof foundation and i love both.
I think i was lucky to pick a color that really matches me well. I pour a little on the back of my hand, and tap my brush into it to spread the product around so i don't get too much on my brush at once. It blends well, and covers most of everything. I would say this is a medium coverage foundation.
I don't have any redness or problems with my skin so it's hard to say if this would work for everyone.
My Skin: Oily, olive toned. I use an NC35 in Mac studiofix and the classic beige matches perfect! (i also use smashbox photofinish primer under this)
I will purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved this foundation because it offered more coverage than my previous one. However, I was in denial of just how bad it was.
1. My skin looked orange (even when I shook it up)
2. It did not cover any discoloration (looked purple vs red)
3. My face was never oily & I have oily skin (so it was trapping oil)
4. Rubbed off onto EVERYTHING
5. Faded throughout the day (after 8 hours it was gone)
6. $11.99 for a bottle that goes quickly. Also, it's hard to not spill when dispensing & you cannot see how much product is left
7. Seemed to cake around eyebrows & bumps

This foundation was the best drugstore foundation I've ever tried. But now I've moved onto just wearing Almays clear complexion concealer instead of wearing foundation. My skin loves it so far! My suggestion is if you can, do the same, as it prevents clogged pores/new cosmetic breakouts

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by whiteunicorn

I've been using liquid foundation most of my adult life.. i've never liked drug store brands but i've been needing to pinch my pennies more recently so i decided to give this a try (since i could return it anyway.. no reason not to try it)

I did notice it was thick (as many reviewers have said) but this isnt always bad.. you just need to know how to work with it and know to apply it well. I use my BeautyBlender (another MUST HAVE) I soak my sponge as your suppose to and dab a bit of foundation and blend like nobody's business ( i also always use a face primer because i have oily skin).. anyhow.. this foundation really lasts!!.. even on a hot day (and i'm from Phoenix)

if you're on a budget and need a medium to full coverage foundation.. then grab this stuff and just blend it well with a good stippling brush or the beautyblender. . i will be purchasing again when i run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by zutsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried numerous foundations, and I must say, I was duly impressed with this one for both price as well as quality. I must give the product credit for long lasting effects on my skin. It does not dry out, it does not flake or streak or anything. If anything, it actually moves with my face, and stays consistent, which is saying much more than most foundations. I put it on in the mornings, and it is still in perfect condition when I return from work in the afternoons after an 8 hour day. So 10 hours of wear and it is still fine. The coverage is nice, as it covers everything without looking like I painted myself ridiculously. I also like the fact that it is a glass bottle with a pump to squeeze the foundation from, as this allows me to regulate how much I am using as well as curb excessive mess (thanks to the pump). I have just bought my second bottle of this, and I am still impressed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation looks very thick and cakey on the skin! It is very masky looking and will give you that obvious foundation look. I have normal to dry skin and this foundation gets super oily. Throughout the entire day it is so greasy looking. Something in this makes your skin produce a lot of oil. I would say that it has light to medium coverage. Unfortunately, all of the shades have a pink undertone. I wore the lightest ivory shade and it was so pink that it looked like I was wearing blush all over my face! Not a good look! Will not repurchase. This also broke me out in red bumps all over as well as clogging my pores! : (

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by hanc

I love this foundation!!! I mean the packaging isn't great but the product itself is so good! I dance full time and I can tell you now this makeup after a full day of dance on a 37 degree (celsius....aka VERY HOT) day without touch ups, this makeup had not moved an inch. And yet when i got home and wanted to take off my makeup it came off so easily!

Also I have pale skin with yellow undertones and it is sooooo hard to find a foundation that matches my skin colour but (I don't remember the name of the shade I have) the colour matched perfectly!
very happy
x

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Prettyprettyprincess123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i had purchased this in the past and i forgot why i stopped using it. i stumbled upon it the other in the my box of used makeup. i decided to give it another try i went to the store and bought it, i was very quickly reminded why i never repurchased it. its very thick and very heavy/sticky when i put it on it feels like i just put a tube of Vaseline on my face. The color has yellow undertones and even the lightest color is too dark. but anyway while it does hide my scars and redness it just looks awful.. it's extremely oily yet powder doesn't sit on it at all it just clumps up. through out the day it will become soo splotchy. Some places don't have any foundation at all anymore and then some places are EXTREMELY CAKEY and thick, these little cakey spots are just like huge clumps of oily foundation and it takes forever to come off. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS AT ALL WORST FOUNDATION EVER.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Superstay foundation came to my beauty stash only about 2 months ago. I bought it on a whim, not really because I needed more foundation makeup but because I was curious about trying a variety of long wearing foundations that I could easily find at drugstores.
Superstay cost me less than $12 at Walgreens, not exactly cheap for a drugstore foundation that lacks good packaging.
My shade is in Sand Beige. Iím in my mid-forties; I have combination skin, and occasional hormonal breakouts.
Superstay comes in 1.0 FL. Oz bottle without a pump (lippies lost here because of it). It is thicker in consistency than Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation. Once you pour it on the back of the hand it does not run (like Colorstay does). I leave my bottle upside down in my foundation caddy so the product comes out easier and faster when I pour it on the back of my hand.
This foundation covers very well, blends easily, and it does last long. I work 10 to 12 hours and this stuff doesnít go anywhere; it stays put and strong throughout the night, and it does not break me out. My forehead and eyelids are the oiliest areas of my face, so I judge my foundations by the way it looks on my forehead after 8 hours of wear.
I have only two criticisms about this product which kept me from giving it a five lippies rating. First, it does not have a pump (I donít understand why companies would make great products while sacrificing packaging). Secondly, it causes my face to itch slightly - a type of soft itch that feels like hair brushing against my face Ė but it isnít troublesome enough to make me stop using it. More likely than not I am sensitive to one of its ingredients, but if that is the case it isnít something that I canít tolerate. Other than that I like this product. It is just as good, if not better, than various department store high end foundations.
Thank you for reading my reviews and have fun playing with makeup :)