LUSH Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

3.6

Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis, Melaleuca alternifolia), Organic Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Sea Water, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 4/18/2013 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Ive been using this product for months, I bought this product about a year ago and felt as though it never done anything, but thought to give it another go.
This product is now a god sent to me!!!! Now I found out how it works best. To get the best out of grease lightning EXFOLIATE your skin first this way the product can get deep into the skin and deep into the effected area. I have been having a lot less breakouts when I use this product after exfoliating and combined with exfoliating it is making my acne go away. It prevents spots from forming if used very day. Love this product!!!!

on 4/17/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I've been looking for the perfect spot treatment for ages now, and have tried quite a few. I've had LUSH's grease lightning for a few months now, and my verdict after using it during that time is that is okay but not great.

I get the odd breakout here and there from either stress or hormones, so I like to put a spot treatment on as soon as I take my makeup off and again before I go to sleep.

I found grease lightning to be okay at drying spots up, but it would be inconsistent. Also the pump dispenser is HORRIBLE and did not work at all in dispensing product evenly - so I would have to unscrew the lid each time which is pretty unhygenic.

Grease lightning is also on the expensive side for what you get, like all of LUSH's products (I paid AUD$14), and I think I would be better off using tea tree oil instead as a natural spot treatment/antiseptic.

My HG spot treatment at the moment would be the maragrite zinc cream which I get off iherb (I have also done a review on this) which I now reach for instead of grease lightning.

on 4/14/2013 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It didn't really do much for my spots. As soon as I got a spot I would apply this and leave it on overnight but it would just make the spot dry rather than making it smaller or disappear considering how much the SA was raving about it I expected better results. The packaging looked okay but the pump would start squeaking and make it difficult to get any product out of the bottle or even too much out of the bottle. I love Lush products but this was a huge disappointment. :(

on 4/14/2013 5:55:00 AM

Dont use the pump as you get way more product than needed. Just twist the lid off, has lasted me forver doing this. I dont get any crazy bad acne but for the odd pimple this does calm it down a little bit, or atleast the peace of mind that your putting something on it to make it go away haha. good product for the odd pimple, not so much for acne

on 4/8/2013 3:56:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I could wax poetic about Grease Lightening, but I'll try to keep this short and sweet. It's phenomenal. It's the only thing that can keep this combo-but-buckets-of-oil Florida girl's skin at bay during summertime. I like to use it post-cleanse and throughout the day to suck up some of the oil on my face and keep it clean. It leaves my skin nice and smooth. I don't know how great the product works as a spot treatment, but I do know that it works absolute wonders in preventing break outs. Too much product can definitely leave a film, so be sure to apply evenly. While some have reported that it's too harsh, I've found it to agree nicely with my sensitive skin, but would recommend others do a test patch first!

This has done wonders on my face. It helps reduce redness and break outs seem to go away and fade out faster. Also helps with oil control on my t Zone. It doesn't really smell like anything , and goes on clear. The pump on the bottle kinda sucks tho. It gets clogged a lot and you have to dig fried product out. But a little bottle has lasted me four months and I still have half a bottle less

on 4/3/2013 4:24:00 PM

WOW- Is all I have to say. I had heard some great thing about this product, so I decided to give it a try. I use "Herbaslism" as my face wash, sprits "breath of fresh air" as my toner, "Imperialis" as my moisturizer and "grease lightening" as my spot treatment. My skin has never looked better. I absolutely love this product and it genuinely helps get rid of acne. I put some of this stuff on my pimple- go to bed with it on and wake up and the pimple is noticeably smaller. I will definitely keep repurchasing.

Well I decided to get the tester because I didn't want to waste any money. The packaging was ok, and it lasts ages because you only need a little bit. On the first day I was disappointed because I woke up with more spots on my forehead, although my left cheek was clear. But after 3-4 days it has cleared up considerably!! My skin has not been this clear for about 2 years so I'm happy. It's got a very strong smell but when it dries it loses it.

on 2/28/2013 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was not impressed with this product at all.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and it didn't do anything to my acne whatsoever.

Granted, it doesn't dry out my ski or causes any kind of side effect but it doesn't do anything for my skin ...waste of a step.

on 2/16/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This seems to be a great product to keep my skin from getting too greasy and oily. I have severe acne with small pores, oily skin and cystic acne, whiteheads, blackheads, you name it. My skin is also very fair so it makes it look even worse and this helps a lot with my skin getting irritated and red due to the acne. I've been able to keep my skin under control using a skin care regimen that includes Grease Lightning. I would recommend this if you have acne-prone or oily skin and have issues with oil showing up on your face throughout the day. This isn't perfect for getting rid of the oil but it keeps it at bay and I only have to powder my nose once or twice daily after using this. My skin care regiment includes Coalface soap by Lush, Grease Lightning by Lush, Benzoyl Peroxide 2% (Target brand version of Clean and Clear brand) and Clean and Clear Morning Burst Moisturizer, combined with Acnepril (two pills, twice daily) and the Clarisonic Mia brush used one to two times per day.

Popular Treatments (Face)