July 30, 2014 | 1805 users online

Treatments (Face) - LUSH - Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was not impressed with this product at all.

I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and it didn't do anything to my acne whatsoever.

Granted, it doesn't dry out my ski or causes any kind of side effect but it doesn't do anything for my skin ...waste of a step.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by ivoryisis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This seems to be a great product to keep my skin from getting too greasy and oily. I have severe acne with small pores, oily skin and cystic acne, whiteheads, blackheads, you name it. My skin is also very fair so it makes it look even worse and this helps a lot with my skin getting irritated and red due to the acne. I've been able to keep my skin under control using a skin care regimen that includes Grease Lightning. I would recommend this if you have acne-prone or oily skin and have issues with oil showing up on your face throughout the day. This isn't perfect for getting rid of the oil but it keeps it at bay and I only have to powder my nose once or twice daily after using this. My skin care regiment includes Coalface soap by Lush, Grease Lightning by Lush, Benzoyl Peroxide 2% (Target brand version of Clean and Clear brand) and Clean and Clear Morning Burst Moisturizer, combined with Acnepril (two pills, twice daily) and the Clarisonic Mia brush used one to two times per day.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by clairedy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this as a spot treatment and I didn't see any reduction in my acne. Also the pump gives you way too much product so it gets wasted very easily. For $13 CAN plus tax I would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this for probably around 2 weeks, on different areas on my face (smaller pimples on my chin, and larger ones on my forehead), and it honestly did absolutely nothing. It didn't dry them out, make them smaller, take away redness, or make them disappear faster or at all. From all the good reviews I was hoping this would be my miracle product but no go. It was useless and did nothing. Nice packaging, though, and a pretty decent mid range price ($16 I think)?

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by harmonyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this isnt too bad a product it does reduce those random pimples but i find where i have put it on eg my chin or lip or forehead it cracks and itches once dried. it drives me crazy lol. and the pump is dodgy either nothing or too much comes out!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by lausunu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! Over the years I had used a prescription acne cream for my breakouts but over time my body had built up a tolerance for it. After using other lush products and seeing amazing results (i.e. Fresh Farmacy, Tea Tree Water Toner, Ultrabland & Imperialis/Vanishing Cream), I had decided it was time to give Grease Lightning a go. I couldn't be more happy with the results this product has given me. No, it isn't a magical gel that zaps pimples away but it certainly makes them smaller and within a couple of days they are completely gone.

Salicylic acid is way too harsh on my skin personally so this formula with witch hazel and thyme is the perfect go to gel for when my skin decides to give me a hard time. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by yenyensoccer

I have combination skin and I'm acne prone on my forehead, especially between my eyebrows these days, and right above my lip. I have cleansers that help this, but the cleanser I use only helps get rid of the big breakouts. I didn't have a spot treatment that helped lessen the inflammation of my smaller acne, so I read some reviews and bought the Lush Grease Lightning spot treatment. The packaging was eh... The pump took a while to get started, I had to twist it a little, but I can't pump without getting a lot. However, this spot treatment works wonders. I had this cluster of acne near my hairline and between my eyebrows, and I put it on after my moisturizer and when I woke up, i felt the area and it was completely flattened and there were no bumps. You could still see some of the redness, but the inflammation had gone and the acne didn't hurt when I pressed it again. It is day 2 of using this product and I LOVE it. It doesn't take a while to start working on your face, the reaction is immediate!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by wildflowerveins

After reading through some of these reviews, I think a lot of people have had negative experiences because they are using this product all over their face as if it were a serum or moisturizer. This is a really great product IF you use it for what it is - a spot treatment. I'm prone to breakouts on my chin, some of which are deep and painful and nothing seems to get rid of them. I apply just a small amount to the infected area at night or when I'm not going out (the gel consistency makes it difficult to hide under make-up) and notice a reduction in redness in just hours and in size over night. It is by no means a miracle cure, but it does what it's supposed to and cuts the healing time for breakouts in half. I apply this on my face after cleansing, toning and moisturizing with a q-tip. One thing I do not like is the packaging. A lot of product comes out in one pump, much more than what is needed, so I feel like a lot of it is wasted. But it still lasts me a long time so overall I can't complain. Good product from LUSH, I'll be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by smansoor34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the BEST spot treatment that I have EVER come across. On top of it being all-natural this stuff actually works! I've used many spot treatments but have never achieved the type of results that I have seen with this product. When I feel like a pimple is about to appear on my face, I apply this on that area and leave it overnight and when I wake up the next morning I can tell that the pimple is diminishing. This literally dries the area where you apply it out so that all the oil, dirt, and bacteria that is feeding the pimple gets eliminated leaving that area of the skin fresh and able to fight off the infection. When you think about it, a pimple IS the result of a localized infection on the face, the sebaceous gland becomes infected and as a result a pimple emerges. The Grease Lightning product is like medicine to that area. It helps that area of the skin heal before things get out of hand. I really like this product and will be purchasing it again. Only thing that I don't like is the packaging. It has this really flimsy pump and when I press too hard a lot of the product ends up coming out of the bottle and I don't want to put it back inside.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lucyjuicy1212

Today I will be reviewing lush grease lightning tea tree cleanser(acne treatment).First off I want to say that this product is all natural some of the main ingredients are tea tree,aloe,rosemary,lavender and leaf extract.Those are all natural! It is a gel but does not dry out your skin! It's so easy to use all you have to do is using of course your clean fingers to dab a small amount on your troubled skin and by the next day it should be gone!!!

It's a bit expensive though $ 12.99
I would recomend this product!! :)