August 21, 2014 | 1142 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Mareez

OMG I LOVE grapeseed oil! I was reluctant to try it at first, cause I have acne-prone skin with an oily t-zone but I put it on at night all over my face and just on my cheeks in the morning.The cold weather plus the acne cream I use makes my cheeks really dry and tight but since using grapeseed oil my skin has been so soft and supple :) I cant explain how happy I am since I have found this oil, the condition of my skin has improved plus a little goes a long way and its cheap!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Bibleteen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using olive oil quite some time ago to wash my extremely dry skin nightly. I decided to try grapeseed oil instead and purchased Sadaf pure grapeseed oil and it's wonderful. The best part is I bought a huge handle of it from target for only 10 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by tricia_g_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use President's Choice brand. In fact, I get it from the cooking oil shelf. It's way cheaper than going to the health food store and getting one categorized as a body oil. I use it on the body only, not brave enough to use it on my face. I was looking for something to use on my kids' because the lotions just were not good enough. They get ashy because they have a darker skin tone (half chinese, half black). This makes their skin absolutely beautiful. I put a little in my daughter's hair too. It makes it easier to brush, gives a nice shine and keeps the frizz down.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this as my carrier oil when I tried OCM, but it did not work out for me. I stick with it for about 6 weeks, but I just broke out and it never subsided. My skin is oily and acne prone, so my skin type is probably not meant for this.

So now I use it to remove my eye makeup and for that - this works out great for me. It easily removes all of my mascara. Plus, it moisturizes at that same time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I may or may not have tried this simply because I read that Emma Stone uses it. Oh, and it was also cheaper than the sweet almond oil I initially wanted to purchase. However, this is WAY too greasy for me. I thought this would be okay for night time on my dry skin, but I prefer almond oil, jojoba oil, Vitamin E, and just about anything else to this. No, no, no.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by MusesX9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for years now and never realized I never did a review! This is the best product ever. I swear by it after I take a bath. When I ran out of it, my skin was still hydrated, I could go without using it for two-three days my skin was that moist! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by ktyska

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always used EVOO to oil cleanse my Revlon Colorstay foundation off. IMO, if you use Colorstay foundation, you'll have to remove it w/some kind of oil, otherwise I think it just sits in your pores and causes break-outs.
EVOO worked very well, but it is very greasy and I have to sometimes to a double cleanse w/my regular facewash to remove the EVOO. PLUS, sometimes the smell of EVOO can kinda make you gag.
When my EVOO was gone, I picked up Grapeseed oil based on the good reviews here. I LOVE it!! It removes the Colorstay just as good as EVOO, maybe better, because it's not so slick and it doesn't have any scent. It's more of a "dry" oil, not at all greasy, and it leaves my face skin so soft. I've also started using just a little drop under my eyes every morning/night to help w/the lines, and little across my T-zone to help combat the oily parts. I have not had any break-outs on my face since I started using this. Actually, my face is less oily overall.
I'm going to start mixing a few drops with my regular body lotion to give it a kick for the winter. I will repurchase and I encourage anyone using EVOO to try Grapeseed oil. 5 lippies and I'm never going back to EVOO.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by jessicar4bbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me preface this review by describing my skin. I have acne prone oily combination skin. My cheeks are covered in acne scars and slight rosacea that flares up when I use certain products on my skin and just in general (cold weather is worse for it). The only time I ever had seemingly perfect skin was right after I gave birth to my 3-month-old son (with the influx of hormones I'm certain) and that only lasted for a week or two :( Bummer. But as I was saying, my skin is crapville. I generally have avoided trying new products on my face because it is so sensitive and I flare up in spots really easy. Been through a course of accutane and on the BCP, the former destroyed my hair and didn't cure my acne, and the BCP only works some of the time and am trying not to use it anymore and just go all natural.

In the last year I decided enough was enough and I wanted to try and find that HG product that would help clear up my skin. I wasn't hoping for a miracle or anything, just something that would help with 80% of my spots even, and help even out my skin tone and rosacea. I tried EVOO which was an absolute NIGHTMARE for my face and caused me to break out into all kinds of mess after just one use so never again. I tried benzyl peroxide spot treatments, bicarbonate of soda washes, several face washes that only irritated my skin and dried it out. I find basically anything drugstore bought, my face hates it, so I stopped buying anything from the shops and looked online. After reading about grapeseed oil and its benefits I went ahead and bought pure carrier grapeseed oil on Amazon for around 7 pounds, 1L so a big bottle of it and thought I'd give it a try. What have I got to lose, my perfect complexion? LOL

So right away I used it in the evening, didn't bother with cotton pads or anything, just washed and cleaned my hand and poured just a little onto my palm, rubbed and patted it onto my skin (which was damp with water by the by). My face felt slick, wet, but not too heavy oily like the EVOO left me feeling, so I thought, "hm, okay, not a bad start".

HOLY MOLY. This stuff is AMAZING! The next day I woke up and my skin looked so smooth, glowy, the redness had calmed down (a little), no spots or breakouts, it really did look like new skin. I couldn't believe how good it looked. Sounds like an exaggeration but seriously, it is 100% true. So I used it again in the morning, and evening before bed, for a good month before deciding to write this review. Let me just say that I love, love, love, adore, cherish, worship this oil. Never did I think that oil would help to clear my skin up so well. I no longer have horrible oily combination skin, after using this stuff on my face and then leaving it to soak in either overnight or for 10 minutes or so in the morning before my daily makeup ritual, it leaves my face soft, smooth, my skin tone (which is incredibly pale) looking even, glowing and dewy it is incredible. It stays this way throughout the entire day even through cold weather. My rosacea is clearing up and really, is barely noticeable anymore, and even my acne scaring is healing up significantly. I haven't had a flare up of spots since I started using this, in fact it has helped to clear them up and keep it at bay entirely! I've only had 1 spot in 1 whole month which is unheard of for me. My skin no longer looks dull and horrible, it really is just the most beautiful face I've ever had, without taking pills, or using harsh treatments. Just simply grapeseed oil applied to my face morning and night.

It also removes all my makeup so easily, like it just melts it away, even waterproof mascara. I only need to use both sides of a cotton pad to get everything off, after which no makeup or dirt/oil shows up. After my makeup is gone I pat a little more GSO on my face and leave it to soak up during the night and work it's wonder magic.

Unless you couldn't tell already, I am totally bowled over, because I never expected perfect skin in a bottle, let alone for such a small price and something so simple as grapeseed oil. It is wonderful. So nourishing and light, it is perfect for my acne prone combination skin. You wouldn't think I even had that skin type by looking at me. I've had so many compliments on my skin since I started using it a month ago, even my boyfriend who hardly notices a thing about me unless it is totally obvious had commented from day 1 how much better my skin was looking. He, my sister especially, and my mum all can't stop touching it because it is so soft and smooth. I swear by this oil. It also works so well as a body moisturizer after a shower, skin just sucks it right up and is left feeling amazing. Although this might not work for everyone (which sucks), if you do have oily/combination skin, please at least try it for just a week. You might be surprised by just how well this works at making your skin look its best. Sorry to have blabbed on about this for so long but it really is my HG product now, and you can combine it with so many different oils and such to create unique concoctions that are specific for certain problem areas.

I love grapeseed oil!

29 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by tassekuchen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My masseuse once told me this is what they used on everyone's skin! I found that using a pea size drop of Grapeseed Oil and then running it through wet hair will leave it super soft. My skin is very sensitive and many commercial hair products leave me feeling sticky or rashy. This absorbs right into the skin, with no sticky or tacky feeling after. I also use it for a total body moisturizer, in the wintertime, however do not use it on my face as it's super oily, acne prone, and overall very sensitive. My $8.00 bottle has lasted me well into a year; you can purchase it at the grocery store, where you find the other cooking oils.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in my hair and for OCM. Its great, its not as thick and heavy as olive oil.