Grapeseed Oil

4.3

grapeseed oil!

on 6/3/2013 1:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Initially I purchased grapeseed oil as a body moisturiser when mixed with my super thick body cream

I'm from Singapore, so I got it from the skin pharmacy (product quality guaranteed as it is suitable for people with the most sensitive skin) I will recommend that the oil be bought from organic oils store as the oils will be cold pressed and be more...intact? In its natural form. Sth like that

Price wise definitely cheaper than jojoba (which is like twice the amt of $$$)

It comes in a big brown bottle and since I no longer use it for my body (too oily..has since switched to BIO OIL) I decided to use it for removing makeup (AFTER READING REVIEWS HERE) after removing my waterproof eye makeup with lancome's bi-facil (to date still my fav)

The most important part is gently massaging for only a while (too long n the oils will be absorbed as said by my beautician) and then removed by swiping a wet cottonpad across my face for 1 or 2 times depending on light or heavy makeup. This step is the most important as it removes the oiliness as felt compared to just splashing your face with water even if the oil emulsifies. That just gives me the heebie jeebies. Not to mention it will dull your complexion greatly (tried n tested by yours truly)

I might try jojoba when my current grapeseed oil finishes and we shall see which is better!

For the record I have combi/senstive skin

on 6/3/2013 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This stuff is the bomb! In my opinion it's just as effective a makeup remover as olive oil but for roughly half the price, spreads easily and removes even the toughest of waterproof mascaras. I just wash off the residue with my normal cleanser afterwards and I'm good to go.

PROS: LOVE for use in my bath or for a body oil. It's a very moisturizing but light textured oil. Is supposed to be less clogging to pores due to its lgith texture, according to Paula's Choice beautypedia type info. Very inexpensive. I buy a big bottle at the grocery store and transfer to small pump bottles I bought.

CONS: For me, personally, clogs my facial pores if used to remove makeup or as a moisturizer.

ALTERNATES: I like jojoba for my combination face skin more.

APPLICATION TIPS: My favorite way to use this is in the bath or all over my legs and arms in shower. I put it on right before I'm about to get out and just rinse it off quickly, so that some will stay on. I can't use it on my back, or I will break out.

on 5/28/2013 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

When it comes to skin care I like to keep it simple, so for a while now I have been using different oils on my skin and hair. I have a few favorite oils and this is one of them. Grapeseed oil is quite light, though it may take a few minutes to absorb. I like to use this to remove my makeup/cleanse and moisturise all-over. You only need to apply a few small drops onto a clean and slightly damp face, then massage it in lighly. Apparently this has some astringent properties so it helps to balance your skin and keep it clear. However I also find this quite moisturising. This leaves my skin soft and healthy-looking, plus its affordable and you can use it for a variety of purposes!

I got my grapeseed oil from the cooking oil section. Its light-medium green in color and does not have a noticeable smell. It was affordable and came in a glass bottle. Im not a fan of the packaging, but whatever!

Different oils work for different people, even if two people have the same skin type that doesn't mean that the same products will work for them. A lot of people praise certain oils or products and while I have tried various oils that I liked, I never found something that truly made my skin 'glow' and improved my complexion until now. Grapeseed oil just seems to work for my skin... It moisturisers without clogging my pores and it has made my complexion look a little brighter overall. I guess I'm finally one of those people who has found their HG product!

on 5/23/2013 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this soley as a makeup remover. I used to olive oil, I would slather it on my face, get a wash cloth and soak under HOT water and then apply to my face, my makeup literally would MELT OFF with a couple swipes. I stopped using olive oil because it sorta irritated my eyes, as I would just rub a little over them and apply hot water and voila! Eye makeup gone! But enter grapeseed oil, I just tried it as a fluke one day applied it over my eyes taking my eye makeup off and yay no irritation! So now I just use this to remove ALL my makeup! NO eye makeup remover, no cotton balls, it doesn't take forever and thats what I love! I actually laughed cause I was washing the Housewives of OC where one of them was taking off her eyemakeup using a cotton ball and eyemakup remover, it looked painful, she kept on tugging and using more eyemakeup remover and more cotton balls! I was like gee, just use oil it will go faster! But yes I remember those days, heavy eyeliner,mascara, eyeshadow with primer and it took FOREVER to get off! Not anymore! Taking off my makeup is a breeze now and I also cleanse my face with Orjene Organics face wash which takes ALL the makeup off after the oil! Anyways, I love grapeseed oil. Haven't tried it as a moisturizer or for my hair, I just like it for my eye makeup. Oh and I buy a big bottle at Trader Joes, last me a good long while.

on 5/19/2013 1:47:00 AM

broke me out in flesh coloured bumps and under the skin white heads all over my chin. This is going to take a long time to recover from :( wah

on 5/15/2013 11:03:00 PM

I need this oil. NEED it. I started using this oil from big lots, didn't say it was organic, just regular grape seed cooking oil. My hormonal, dry, cystic adult acne skin looked more amazing then it ever had. Grape seed oil cleared my acne and made my skin look young and glowy. I even left it on over night and it would help even more with my acne. Amazing. Then I ran and started experimenting with other oils and ww3 happened on my skin. It was horrible. I even tried going back to drugstore cleansers (yuck) but then I finally bought grape seed oil again and in just two days my skin is way clearer, pores smaller. less irritated and just looks more normal and feels normal. I couldn't believe how much of a different it made. This time I bought an expeller pressed oil from sprouts, and I can tell a difference between the first one that I bought. Definitely opt for the most natural that you can get. I also love grape seed oil because I don't have to spend 10 minutes trying to get all of the oil off of my face cause it doesn't clog my pores. And i think it just feels lighter then other oilsI love love love this oil. I also use it day and night as a eye moisturizer. Maybe difference in my wrinkles and eye bags. Oh grape seed oil, I will never leave you again.

I have been on the oil bandwagon since roughly 2007. I was in college and my friends all thought I was crazy for putting olive oil/castor oil blends on my face.

Well, I've since refined my "oil for beauty products" routine and I've come across so many wonderful oils: coconut, safflower, almond, jojoba, etc. The one I kept going back to was safflower, until I came across grapeseed.

I can honestly say that grapeseed oil has become my HG of "oil for skin care," followed closely by safflower.

Why is this? Well, unlike many other oils, particularly olive, there is little to no smell. The oils that smell the best, in my opinion, are coconut and sweet almond, however, sweet almond really didn't do much for me in terms of skin care and, as much as I wanted to love it, coconut oil seemed to aggravate my skin--I still love to use it in my cooking, however.

Anyway, this and safflower oil defiantly have the least overpowering smells and are light--this one being far lighter.

Grapeseed is the only oil I can use as a moisturizer during the day without making my skin look like a greasy mess--rather, it gives my skin a velvety soft finish. I have combination skin, so I can occasionally get away with heavy oils, but if you have oily skin, I would recommend something light and grapeseed is definitely one of the lightest oils I've used.

I also like to use it as a carrier oil. I've recently been mixing it with geranium oil for my night moisturizer. It's versatile and a fair price--I love it.

on 4/14/2013 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros

- lightweight
- balances oily skin
- absorbs quickly
- high in antioxidants
- provides sun protection

Cons

- expires quickly

Comments: I would never think that an oil could control my...oil. This is fantastic for oily skin. It is now my go-to facial moisturizer. It apparently also helps with stretch marks, but I will have to use this a while longer to see if I get results. I have used this as a heat protectant with no damage to my hair (no my hair didn't turn into fried chicken) and controls frizz better than my silicone-based serums without weighing down my fine hair. Napa Valley Naturals is supposedly the brand to go for when purchasing this oil, but I even like Life-Flo quite a bit and is found at most health stores.

Will repurchase.

on 4/2/2013 1:09:00 AM

I started using grapeseed oil Nov 2012. So far so good! It helped my skin deal with the dryness from the heater and even though I'm oily it doesn't really make me oilier nor does it cause me to break out more. At night after cleansing, I wipe down my face with some oil on a cotton ball and it still manages to pull dirt and makeup off. Then I put moisturizer on top. Morning routine is similar, I put on a light layer then spf moisturizer on top.

Popular Face Skincare Products