July 25, 2014 | 1847 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Promaxyl - Eyelash Renewal serum Rapidlash

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by TereH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Beauty is important to me, but I also have had issues with the health of my eyes and eyelashes that Rapidlash was able to address. It doesn't give the long lashes that Latisse used to but it gives me thicker ones, and plenty long (the Latisse lashes were thin and stringy). And it has helped restore my over-plucked brows, even growing hair over a scar in my eyebrow from a childhood injury. I tried using Latisse but couldn't justify the expense, and I found Lumigan online from an overseas pharmacy. I used it for a while and then discovered my left eye was dying. It was removed recently and replaced with a prosthetic. I cannot prove that it was related to Latisse because often eyes that have been injured or operated on can start to die. But I am also not convinced that the Lumigan/Latisse didn't accelerate the process. At first I thought it was because the doctors who say the Lumigan is the same thing as the Latisse were wrong, but that wasn't it; even if I had used Latisse I would have had problems, I believe. I went online and researched side effects of Latisse and other people were reporting them: eye styes, skin tags/papilloma growing on lower lid line (I got both of those), and even eye death. Lumigan is used for glaucoma and reduces pressure in the eye; when I saw my surgeon, there was 0 pressure in it. The ingredients in Rapidlash include conditioners and hyaluronic acid for skin condition, plus a synthetic, not a chemical, version of the prostaglandin in Latisse and Lumigan. My skin is very sensitive and only experienced a slight itching the first few days of Rapidlash. I got the prescription for Latisse (prescribed with confidence by my eye doctor, knowing the condition of my eye - she said the eye death was not related) in the first place because I was developing a gap in the lashes of my right eye, because I had eyelashes growing in crookedly, turning under and poking my eyes, which was irritating. If I pulled them, I exacerbated the gap in my eyelash rows. I am glad I made the switch to Rapidlash and my eyelashes are healthy and dark, bump into my glasses, and with mascara you can see they reach my eyebrows. As another reviewer said, I can wear mascara now and skip the eyeliner. Instead of eyeshadow I use a highlighter cream shadow below my brows and mascara and my eyes pop. More importantly, my eyes are comfortable from no longer having rogue eye lashes and I'm not losing them from plucking the painful ones out. Rapidlash is also much safer. I recommend it wholeheartedly, but recommend you buy it at CVS or directly from the company. Every tube I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond had to be taken back as they had exceeded the manufacturer's use-by date. You can't tell until you open the package and see the manufacture date. That's why I only give the packaging a 4.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by anakay44

I had super high hopes for this. I really did. I read a lot of mixed reviews. Either really good or really bad, and I decided to take my chances. And honestly I swear I wish I could turn back time!!!
PLEASE if you have doubts, and if you have very sensitive skin THINK TWICE before using this. I never really considered myself very sensitive, but boyyy I was wrong. I was willing to use this for months through irritation and almost anything, but within 2 weeks it messed up my eyes. I would wake up with my eyes shut closed with "eye boogers," which wasn't too bad, but then they started getting a little red, which I didn't mind at all, but then they started getting itchyyyy. And I cannot resist the urge to scratch an eye itch, so I would rub my eyes for like 5 minutes straight which really messed them up. The rubbing would cause my lashes to fall off and break so using this stuff was counter productive for me. It's been over a month since I stopped using it and my eyes still get EXTREMELY itchy for no reason at all, and if I so much as touch them the itch returns. It is horrible.
IF YOU HAVE VERY SENSITIVE SKIN I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS AT ALL, WHATSOEVER. You have been warned.
If this works for you I'm so happy for you and I wholeheartedly hope the effect it had on me doesn't occur on anybody else.
..also the price is a no no for me

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by 3denny

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a cosmetician and I work at a drug store that sells Rapidlash (in a Cosmetic Department). I amVERY impressed with the product. We have sold it for a couple of years now. At first I was sceptical and wondered if it was hype. But customers who purchased it were returning with positive feedback. Then several of my co-workers tried it and had great results, so I tried it. VERY happy with my results, and the tube lasted me 5 months! I was surprised it lasted so long. I am on my second tube. I have MANY customers to this day, who use it, and I could tell you many testimonies. One lady has eyelashes like "ski slopes" from it, another has her lashes AND eyebrows filling in where they were sparse before, another said her co-workers commented on her lashes not knowing she was using Rapidlash, another lady stopped using it because her lashes were hitting her eye glasses! That is a few of many stories. It takes about 4 - 6 weeks to start to see growth, and then it continues from there. I find the price is reasonable especially compared to Latisse (half the price of Latisse) plus the tube does last so long.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first eyelash serum I've ever used and I was quite happy with it. I'm Asian and while I naturally have decent length, my lashes are straight and not very voluminous. In my experience, rapidlash works very slowly in the first month then seems to start working a lot faster. First 3 weeks, I dutifully applied each night but I didn't see much change besides a bit of length so I got lazy and started skipping the some nights. But around week 4-4.5 I freaked out as one morning I realized I had a random gap/super stubby lashes in the middle of my right. Applied rapidlash religiously and thickly for 3 days and started seeing growth. 5-6 days after I first found the gap, lashes were back to normal. I don't know if it's because I was freaking out that I started paying much closer attention to my lashes but around week 5 I realized that my lashes in general had gotten a lot longer than pre-rapidlash.

Like another reviewer has said, while rapidlash did make my overall lashes longer, where I saw the most effect was in making my my baby lashes/random dinky lashes grow a lot faster. While I'm pretty happy with my results, I won't be repurchasing this since it's expensive and I bought it with the intentions of testing out an expensive novelty item. I also won't be looking into alternatives either since I just really wanted to try out eyelash growth serums at least once. I`d recommend this to other people curious about lash growth serums and looking for a fairly effective but comparatively inexpensive option (rapidlash does on occasion go on sale on sites like hautelook and in drugstores - I got mine around 40-50% off at london drugs in canada)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by icandie

This product is fantastic. I am on my third or fourth tube and have been using it for a couple years now. One tube lasts about 6 to 8 months with fairly regular use ( ie almost nightly but skipping days here and there when I forget or get lazy). The results are noticeable. I am half Chinese so my lashes aren't the greatest but this products delivers results that are impressive. My mom also used it (she is Chinese ) and I was similarly impressed with the results. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

I bought my 2nd tube today -- it was on sale at Ulta for $35 and I used a 20% off coupon. The packaging is completely opaque, so I have no idea how much is left in there. I just felt like the little wand was a lot less loaded with product the last few days and thought I might as well take advantage of the sale price at Ulta and the coupon.

I've been using for 10 weeks. And I've been pretty diligently documenting the growth of my lashes, which means you know I completely followed the directions and faithfully applied the product on the lashlines & brows of my eyes every night for the last 10 weeks. I only missed one night in all that time. I did not really see results until after about 5-6 weeks.

So for the lashes -- I had very typical Asian lashes -- short, straight, point straight down, sparse. The lower lashes are probably there somewhere, but are not visible to the naked eye. (For all those Asian sisters who say they hate their "Asian" lashes -- please stop; genetically, the straight strong lashes that point straight down had the benefits of keeping dust and other crap flying around from getting into your eyes, okay?! :-)

I was able to measure lashes getting longer in about 5 weeks. They weren't really that long or anything, but hey, they were so short to begin with, that I was impressed with whatever I could get. After about 7 weeks, I started to notice that the lashes were a lot longer and thicker. So, even without measuring, it was clear that the lashes had really grown and filled out.

Now, I had always had to wear eye liner to "fake it" like I had lashes. And it would never matter whether I curled my lashes and wore mascara -- they were just never going to show. For the first time in my life, I actually tried curling my lashes and just wearing mascara and nothing else -- and I was able to pull it off! Now I know what my non-Asian sisters can do on a daily basis. I always wondered what the hell women were talking about when they said on "in a hurry" days, they'd just put on mascara and go.

So my upper lashes have really gotten long and the outer corners curl on their own (but not ideally -- they don't fan 'out' but curl in a weird way that make them appear shorter than they are). There are some super-long lashes that are 1/2 inch long, and then a bunch of others of varying lengths. I think there are definitely a bunch of baby lashes growing in in various places on the upper lash line too.

The lower lashes are definitely longer than before, but I'm not very good at putting mascara on them to show them off yet (probably from years of NEVER ever bothering, lol, I mean how are you supposed to put mascara on something you can't even see?). They are not nearly as long as the upper lashes. Caveat: I'm not sure, but Rapidlash might be darkening the skin under my lower lashes. So now I've started using concealer to brighten my lower eye area, which I'd never had to before, but I'm willing to make the trade-off, if Rapidlash is somehow causing the discoloration. It is really nice not having to rely on eyeliner to define the lower lashline because I have salty oily tears that will dissolve any/every hardcore waterproof eyeliner including Urban Decay 24/7 in Perversion. I just try my best to put mascara on my lower lashes now and they look all right!

Brows -- OMG. I have brows like I'm almost a teenager again! I had tweezed & trimmed my brows for over 15 years, creating that sexy arch that Madonna had during the 90s. Now that I'm older, I'm definitely into trying to turn back the clock as far as my brows. So I just stopped tweezing my brows for the first 4 weeks and actually putting a lot of Rapidlash all where I wanted browhair to grow back. It totally worked and it looks like my brows are growing back exactly in the places where I used product. Totally shocking.

It looks like results vary depending on individual predispositions. (Like I don't even know if the people claiming they saw results in 2 1/2 weeks are for real -- I felt like nothing was happening until the 5th week!) A lot of people say the product does nothing for their brows, but it produced amazing results for my brows. I only wish I had better results with lower lashes.

Second "con" in addition to my under eye area possibly becoming darkened by use of this product might be that it is causing the facial hair under my eyes (not lower lashes) on outer corner to grow or darken as well. I might have to bleach them. Still, I'm not concerned enough to stop using this product.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by shady74

I love this stuff!! I'd been noticing that my mascara was really not doing its job and after trying several mascaras, came to the conclusion that my lashes were not as full as they once were. I bought this and hoped for the best. I only use it every 2 or 3 days as it's expensive but after only about a dozen applications, I've really noticed the difference in the length and fullness of my lashes. My mascara is so much more effective with it and whilst it's too pricey to use every day, I'll definitely keep using it to 'top up' every time I notice my lashes getting thinner. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by macademia81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

So here it comes.. I had been using Rapid Lash for 7 weeks now.. This product work to deliver more lash growth- means a lot of baby lashes are growing which eventually will give you fuller looking lashes. When it comes to actual lengthening deliverable? There is none in my case.. My lashes are slightly longer, but that is probably only because they are more nourished, which means they fall out less, which eventually makes them very little longer. So if you are looking to grow baby lashes to achieve fuller lashes in a process- yes. If you are looking to grow incredibly long lashes- well, did not work for me. But on the other hand, the product package says: enhancing serum- that might as well mean more baby lashes...not bad product- helps nourish and take care of you lashes, so they fall out less and provide growth for new lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by patricia257

I am in LOVE with tis product! K usually these kind of products r false advertisement but rapid lash really works. im asian so i have really short lashes but my lashes r actually long enough that i get compliments from other ppl (after applying mascara of course). At first i was a bit skeptical so i decide to test it out. Some of my eyelashes fell off and i had some empty spaces on my lashline which was clearly visible. so on the empty spots i applied the rapid lash everyday n BAM lashes began to grow...super fast! Im on my second tube now! This stuff really works :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by TerranceChristian

I'm in love! Today I purchased my second tube of RapidLash at Shoppers Drug Mart. I've naturally been blessed with long lashes much like most men. However, being the product junkie that I am I had to try it. In just two weeks lashes looked longer and curled! I apply it every night on top and bottom lashes. Sometimes I go pluck-crazy and RapidLash never fails to fix the problem.

Do note that I wake up with crusty bits of the product on my lashes. Not a deal breaker for me, but might be for some.