July 25, 2014 | 1704 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Born With It

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by chopstixoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't think it looks like Hue because Hue completely matches my skin and this color is so pretty and pink with a little bit of shimmer! I love it. It's a little bit of sparkle for a nice neutral looking lip. Just what I need for school/work/everyday

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Allybaley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. I usually never wear lipstick so i wanted to try a cheap one. I got this on sale and it looked awesome on me. I love to pair it with my babysparks lipgloss from MAC. Its the PERFECT combo for pink shimmery lips!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Aniax021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

So the big plus about this lipstick is that it doesn't matter how deeply pigmented your lips are naturally, you can just skip the concealer and apply this straight up on your lips and the colour will show! Which I loove, b.c I have very deep, dark red lips and usually have to apply concealer before lipstick, but not with this.
Another plus is how creamy this lipstick is! I love it. It's really creamy and not matte. and you don't have to worry about applying lipbalm.

The HUGE downside is...it doesn't last. =(
You always have to re-apply this lipstick b.c it does not last..I mean if you don't eat or drink anything then it stays on but if you do then it does not..which sucks b.c the colour is beautiful.
It's a nice nude pink-peach colour. But def. a nude.

But for that reason I will not be repurchasing this lipstick because I do want a nice, long lasting one, that'll last through anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by GlitterSticker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

People say it's a pretty good lipstick, but for me it dries out my lips and the shimmer is very hard to get off. The formula is hard so I can't really 'smooth' it onto my lips, I kinda have to pat it on. The color is also way too light for me, especially since getting a tan. Really did not expect it to be this bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this to be a very lady-like pink, it does have shimmer, but I think just the right amount. It has a very nice texture, just moisturizing enough to be comfortable, but not so much that it wears off too fast. I think this feels nicer than other brands that claim to moisturize but are drying (cover girl lip perfection ) for instance. A very good lipstick at a decent price. Drug stores seem to be stepping it up a bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by LesR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After all the other rave reviews I really wanted to like this product. I have olive tan skin. Two things I did not like. 1 - The color does me no favors because it's waaay to shiny pink. Too much sparkle. 2 - I also noticed that my lips were dry after it faded. Maybe I needed the moisture version. Not for me! I felt that it made me look too pale.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

Looks great in the tube but applies a totally different colour! This lipstick looked like a cheap shimmery mess on my lips. I have warm undertones and this is too cool toned for me. There were also way too many white shimmers through the lipstick and it just reminded me of those cheap makeup you play with as a kid. I can see it working for people with cool undertones but sadly it just wasn't for me. I regret buying it purely based on how it looked like in the tube, it's my fault, I should have swatched it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by damselfly1213

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh, bummer - I finally found a shade of pale pink that was flattering ("Born With It" in the now discontinued Moisture Extreme line) and now it's been discontinued. The new "Born With It" in the new "Colorsensational" line is not the same. I'm a pale skinned brunette and the old "Born With It" (A34) was a bit deeper and lacked the frost. The new lipstick is paler and has a whitish looking frost to it that is unflattering and just makes me look washed out. I really wish they'd kept the color the same and omitted the frost.

FWIW, the new "Pink Peony" (035) is a little deeper pink, and though it's still frosted, doesn't give my lips the whitish caste that the new "Born With It" does.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a light, milky pink nude lipstick that has a slight shimmer. I find that this is way too light for my skintone/lip color (around NC20 and my lips are beigy grey) but it would look great with someone who is more pale or who has more pigmented lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of lipsticks. I tried drugstore and high-end brands before, but I felt like most colours were unflattering for my skin tone and features. This one, though, is just the right shade of pink, although, unfortunately, it is a bit sheerer than I'd like it to be. It's slightly pinker than my natural lip colour, so it looks very... natural (I'm not big on synonyms, haha). I find it works best used on top of lip balm, to create a creamy consistancy. The glitters are indeed annoying, but I usually apply a thin coat of Rimmel's Vintage Pink or NYX's Smokey Look on top, which prevents them from falling all over the place (those being the only other 2 lipstick/gloss I own...). The smell doesn't bother me. I think Rimmel's lipsticks stink a LOT more than Maybelline's, but that's just my opinion. Despite not being perfect, this is going to be the first lipstick I ever see the end of and re-purchase.