August 31, 2014 | 1046 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Born With It

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Maybelline's ColorSensational Lipstick line is indeed a sensational lipstick line that could easily pass for higher end lipsticks.

That said, my review is about this particular shade in the pink series line "Born With It." A shade I got when what I really wanted was highly raved and sought after "Pink Please" which Maybelline discontinued because I am assuming they're operated by puritans who experience a moral conflict of some sort whenever their products are widely popular or raved about.

Anyway, Maybelline's strange religious beliefs aside, "Born With It" is one of those lipsticks that is a "could have been great but..." product. The shade is a near-perfect, beautiful baby pink, suitable for warmer/neutral tones, but it is both creamy and shimmery and wears off within 15 minutes leaving only cheap looking glitter behind on your lips, and if not for the grainy glitter this product would stay put better, this glitter is so grainy it shifts the product around and seems to create a barrier between your lips and the creamy lipstick so the product doesn't have any hope of adhering to your lips.
What's really strange is the glitter is barely noticeable either on the tube or when you apply it, but you can feel the grainyness of it on your lips and it is very noticeable once everything admirable about this lipstick wears off, leaving only what is not admirable about this product behind.

I also have the shade "Warm Me Up" which is the most perfect lipstick formula I have ever used, and if only that formula was used for "Born With It" (i.e. omit the stupid glitter) then this would certainly be my every day lipstick. But I'm not about to apply this lipstick every 10 minutes, I don't care how pretty of a shade it is. And it is, indeed, a pretty shade. A perfect pink for warm/neutral skin tones that looks amazing with dark smokey eyemakeup and is a beautiful pink shade for those who want to really bring out their green eyes and look more youthful.

I'd recommend this particular shade of lipstick for make-up artists kits to use for photo shoots, but not as a practical everyday lipstick.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

This is a great pale pink shimmer lipstick. It would work great on cooler skinned girls but i loved the shade so much i bought it anyway. It doesn't quite match my nc35 skintone but it looks good with a gloss on top & some pink lipliner to make it blend more seamlessly. I like the texture & longevity of the maybelline colorsensational line & would buy other shades, maybe in the brown family.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by chopstixoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't think it looks like Hue because Hue completely matches my skin and this color is so pretty and pink with a little bit of shimmer! I love it. It's a little bit of sparkle for a nice neutral looking lip. Just what I need for school/work/everyday

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Allybaley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. I usually never wear lipstick so i wanted to try a cheap one. I got this on sale and it looked awesome on me. I love to pair it with my babysparks lipgloss from MAC. Its the PERFECT combo for pink shimmery lips!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Aniax021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

So the big plus about this lipstick is that it doesn't matter how deeply pigmented your lips are naturally, you can just skip the concealer and apply this straight up on your lips and the colour will show! Which I loove, b.c I have very deep, dark red lips and usually have to apply concealer before lipstick, but not with this.
Another plus is how creamy this lipstick is! I love it. It's really creamy and not matte. and you don't have to worry about applying lipbalm.

The HUGE downside is...it doesn't last. =(
You always have to re-apply this lipstick b.c it does not last..I mean if you don't eat or drink anything then it stays on but if you do then it does not..which sucks b.c the colour is beautiful.
It's a nice nude pink-peach colour. But def. a nude.

But for that reason I will not be repurchasing this lipstick because I do want a nice, long lasting one, that'll last through anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by GlitterSticker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

People say it's a pretty good lipstick, but for me it dries out my lips and the shimmer is very hard to get off. The formula is hard so I can't really 'smooth' it onto my lips, I kinda have to pat it on. The color is also way too light for me, especially since getting a tan. Really did not expect it to be this bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find this to be a very lady-like pink, it does have shimmer, but I think just the right amount. It has a very nice texture, just moisturizing enough to be comfortable, but not so much that it wears off too fast. I think this feels nicer than other brands that claim to moisturize but are drying (cover girl lip perfection ) for instance. A very good lipstick at a decent price. Drug stores seem to be stepping it up a bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by LesR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After all the other rave reviews I really wanted to like this product. I have olive tan skin. Two things I did not like. 1 - The color does me no favors because it's waaay to shiny pink. Too much sparkle. 2 - I also noticed that my lips were dry after it faded. Maybe I needed the moisture version. Not for me! I felt that it made me look too pale.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

Looks great in the tube but applies a totally different colour! This lipstick looked like a cheap shimmery mess on my lips. I have warm undertones and this is too cool toned for me. There were also way too many white shimmers through the lipstick and it just reminded me of those cheap makeup you play with as a kid. I can see it working for people with cool undertones but sadly it just wasn't for me. I regret buying it purely based on how it looked like in the tube, it's my fault, I should have swatched it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by damselfly1213

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh, bummer - I finally found a shade of pale pink that was flattering ("Born With It" in the now discontinued Moisture Extreme line) and now it's been discontinued. The new "Born With It" in the new "Colorsensational" line is not the same. I'm a pale skinned brunette and the old "Born With It" (A34) was a bit deeper and lacked the frost. The new lipstick is paler and has a whitish looking frost to it that is unflattering and just makes me look washed out. I really wish they'd kept the color the same and omitted the frost.

FWIW, the new "Pink Peony" (035) is a little deeper pink, and though it's still frosted, doesn't give my lips the whitish caste that the new "Born With It" does.