Maybelline Color Sensational - Born With It

3.8

Lanolin Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Oleyl Erucate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), PPG-5, Lanolin Wax, Acetylated Lanolin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Alumina, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylic Acid, Isobutyl Acrylate, Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tin Oxide, Mel (Honey), Polyethylene Terephthalate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Pearl Powder, Dimethicone, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470)

I LOVE this lipstick! It's my favorite one, and I wear it almost all the time. It's a pretty baby pink color, but not too baby pink - it's kind of a perfect pink shade. I've heard that it's a dupe for MAC's Creme Cup or Angel, but I can't really back that up since I haven't tried those colors. I love the consistency of it, too - it goes on nice and smooth. The only thing is that it could be a little bit drying, so I put on a lip balm first (Burt's Bees). Sometimes I top it with a nude lip gloss (Revlon Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze in Timeless Nude) to add more shine, or I just leave it by itself - either way it looks great! This is a fantastic product and I would definitely recommend it. I will be buying it again!

on 9/16/2011 9:58:00 PM

its not really pigmented, and i guess thats why some people like it, but it looks purple on my lips and kinda weird. and as someone mentioned, its really grainy and i personally REALLY HATE the glitter it leaves. it does smell really nice tho

got it for 10 dollars i think?

on 8/31/2011 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is actually the first nudey-pink lipstick I've tried. Ive heard that this is a good dupe for MAC's Cream Cup, and also is very similar to Angel, which is a lot of people's favorite lipstick. So of course I go for the cheaper alternative. I love it! Born With It is so creamy and has a nice subtle scent to it too. The color makes me feel so glamorous.. it's nude, but also a light light pink that looks great with a dark eyeshadow look. I love it! Would def. buy again.

on 8/24/2011 11:06:00 AM

I only have MAC, Nars, and Bobbi Brown lipsticks because I've been put off in the past by the smell of drugstore lipsticks...ahem, Loreal. I've recently tried a couple drug store lipsticks after reading decent reviews. This one currently is my fav. I've been wearing it every day. I use my Too Faces perfect lip pencil, this lipstick and I've been topping it with MAC Ample Pink. Loving the combo! In my collection, it is closest to MAC Sweetie. I wouldn't be able to tell them apart on the lip.

on 8/2/2011 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

A light pink nude with some silver shimmer. I like this lipstick for my skintone (NC35) it's a good everyday pink and also nice with a smokey eye. I don't see any blue or purple undertones to it a least not on me which makes it a nice colour for people like me with yellow/warm undertones to their skin. The only down fall is the shimmer in it. Its not horrible or to noticable but I would have liked it more with out the shimmer. Would buy again. About $8 canadian so the price is not bad.

on 7/18/2011 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Maybelline's ColorSensational Lipstick line is indeed a sensational lipstick line that could easily pass for higher end lipsticks.

That said, my review is about this particular shade in the pink series line "Born With It." A shade I got when what I really wanted was highly raved and sought after "Pink Please" which Maybelline discontinued because I am assuming they're operated by puritans who experience a moral conflict of some sort whenever their products are widely popular or raved about.

Anyway, Maybelline's strange religious beliefs aside, "Born With It" is one of those lipsticks that is a "could have been great but..." product. The shade is a near-perfect, beautiful baby pink, suitable for warmer/neutral tones, but it is both creamy and shimmery and wears off within 15 minutes leaving only cheap looking glitter behind on your lips, and if not for the grainy glitter this product would stay put better, this glitter is so grainy it shifts the product around and seems to create a barrier between your lips and the creamy lipstick so the product doesn't have any hope of adhering to your lips.
What's really strange is the glitter is barely noticeable either on the tube or when you apply it, but you can feel the grainyness of it on your lips and it is very noticeable once everything admirable about this lipstick wears off, leaving only what is not admirable about this product behind.

I also have the shade "Warm Me Up" which is the most perfect lipstick formula I have ever used, and if only that formula was used for "Born With It" (i.e. omit the stupid glitter) then this would certainly be my every day lipstick. But I'm not about to apply this lipstick every 10 minutes, I don't care how pretty of a shade it is. And it is, indeed, a pretty shade. A perfect pink for warm/neutral skin tones that looks amazing with dark smokey eyemakeup and is a beautiful pink shade for those who want to really bring out their green eyes and look more youthful.

I'd recommend this particular shade of lipstick for make-up artists kits to use for photo shoots, but not as a practical everyday lipstick.

on 7/16/2011 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great pale pink shimmer lipstick. It would work great on cooler skinned girls but i loved the shade so much i bought it anyway. It doesn't quite match my nc35 skintone but it looks good with a gloss on top & some pink lipliner to make it blend more seamlessly. I like the texture & longevity of the maybelline colorsensational line & would buy other shades, maybe in the brown family.

on 7/15/2011 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't think it looks like Hue because Hue completely matches my skin and this color is so pretty and pink with a little bit of shimmer! I love it. It's a little bit of sparkle for a nice neutral looking lip. Just what I need for school/work/everyday

on 7/2/2011 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this lipstick. I usually never wear lipstick so i wanted to try a cheap one. I got this on sale and it looked awesome on me. I love to pair it with my babysparks lipgloss from MAC. Its the PERFECT combo for pink shimmery lips!

on 6/26/2011 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

So the big plus about this lipstick is that it doesn't matter how deeply pigmented your lips are naturally, you can just skip the concealer and apply this straight up on your lips and the colour will show! Which I loove, b.c I have very deep, dark red lips and usually have to apply concealer before lipstick, but not with this.
Another plus is how creamy this lipstick is! I love it. It's really creamy and not matte. and you don't have to worry about applying lipbalm.

The HUGE downside is...it doesn't last. =(
You always have to re-apply this lipstick b.c it does not last..I mean if you don't eat or drink anything then it stays on but if you do then it does not..which sucks b.c the colour is beautiful.
It's a nice nude pink-peach colour. But def. a nude.

But for that reason I will not be repurchasing this lipstick because I do want a nice, long lasting one, that'll last through anything.

Popular Lipsticks