October 31, 2014 | 1547 users online

Foundations - Bare Escentuals - bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok here is the rub. I hate the feel of foundation on my skin, but my skin needs foundation.
This is where BM enters. Warm Deep is my closest shade and its good but it is not at HG status. U can spend ages building up the coverage to a medium coverage. But I'm a buff n go kinda girl.
Nice base for concealer application, at present I use FF covertone which needs a lot of blending but I digress.
Needs a primer to stay on skin, will need touch up after a few hours.
No acne flair ups or irritation. If u have exceptionally oily skin. Don't bother with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by J01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product. It is THE best foundation ever. You literally need a little bit to cover the whole of your face and neck. It gives a really natural look, I had so many compliments after using this foundation saying that my skin looked amazing. Once mentioning that I had foundation on alot of people were quite suprised. My sister however, didnt like this foundation as much as I did as she thought it didnt give enough coverage...she's used to using her MAC foundation which I find is really thick and you can tell you have foundation on which I hate. Bare Esccentuals lasts the whole day and you cant even feel that you have anything on...its really light and natural and apprently its good for your skin which is an added bonus. I love this foundation, the best thing ever !

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by austenraelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this product and I didn't necessarily dislike it, I just didn't love it. It just didn't do much for me. It made me look quite dull. I think I am just looking for something with a more satiny or dewy finish rather than just the very matte look I got from this. It did make me break out, not sure if that was because my face just needed to get used to it or not bc I stopped using it within a few days. For someone who is looking for a more matte finish this product is probably really great. I may buy it again if I decide I want something matte and see if the break outs cease after a week or so but we'll see. It does hug the dry parts of the face so you do need a good moisturizer and/or primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by lissmorleyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I use my neautralizing primer then swirl tap buff onto my face. I adore this product teamed with my bareminerals face warmth and bareminerals mineral veil! Its so worth it, my mom never thought she could use it due to dry skin but its so different to a powder! I never thought it would give me enough coverage but it is simply perfect. I have also found its helped improve my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Megsaroo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I switched to bareMinerals several years ago (at least 6 years ago) from Revlon Colorstay and it is completely my HG foundation. However, it's definitely a hit or miss foundation - I have slightly dry/slightly oily skin depending on what cleanser I'm using and what time of year it is and while it looks and feels awesome on me, when my Mom and sister tried it, they weren't fans.

I find for me, my skin needs to be slightly oily (and/or moisturized) for it to "stick" to my skin. I've used different primers, but they seem to make it simply slide off my skin.

I've noticed that my skin definitely is healthier and I have only the occasional breakout since switching (which is amazing). I get compliments all the time about how glowing/dewy my skin looks and it's honestly because of this foundation. And yes, you MUST tap your brush off, otherwise it gets everywhere (I'm a rebel, I don't do the swirl :-P - just tap into the foundation, tap off, then buff)

My only complaints are: 1) I find it doesn't last all day - if I'm going out again at night, I definitely need to reapply (at least to any blemishes, under eye circles, etc) and 2) I HATE the container. I feel like I'm wasting so much because you can't get the last little bit out. (Especially when you figure out how many containers I've used in the last 6 years).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

By far my favorite mineral makeup. I bought the starter kit which can be a bit pricey, but it's a decent value for all that you are getting. Does not clog pores, does not look cakey, and provides a nice matte finish and great coverage. Sometimes I just use a little bit on top of BB cream in the winter for extra coverage, but in the summer during the daytime, I only use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by CharityGrace

I have been using BareMinerals for several years. I do have mildly oily skin (still at age 58!!!) but this works beautifully for just the right coverage and oil absorption giving me a nice finished look without looking "made up" or cake-y. It has helped reduce my pores significantly and has really improved the overall condition of my skin.

It is easy to apply once you get the hang of it. Make sure you work the minerals well into the brush. If you can see the minerals, you have to tap some of them off or it will get all over the place. It only took me a couple tries before I got it right. It is so quick and easy I can do my complete makeup including sculpting, blush, and eyes within 5 minutes.

Initially, it can seem pricey, but it lasts a very long time—way beyond the "use by" dates. So when I figure how much BareMinerals I've used vs other kinds of makeup, BareMinerals cost MUCH less in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Misskatemurphy

My HG foundation. I think those who are giving this product a bad review have probably ignored all of the application advice and therefore don't know how to apply it properly. I LOVE this! I went from using MAC Studio Fix to this and at first it was weird because it felt like I had no make up on however when I looked in the mirror my face looked flawless.
You really do need to read the instructions on how to apply or if you buy the starter kit watch the DVD. It really does make a difference to how the make up looks and correct application makes the product last longer. A full size foundation for me lasts around 6 months maybe more and I use it on a daily basis. Its also great for oily skin as it doesn't dry the skin out but it doesn't end up sliding off the face either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ashleytohl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff. For so long I've strayed away from trying this product because of the reviews on here but I absolutely love it. I think the negative reviews could be either from people who are sensitive to an ingredient they have in it, haven't gotten down how to apply it, or don't find the applying technique as convenient. Or maybe they found another mineral makeup they like better for different reasons. Otherwise, I don't know any other reasons.

It doesn't last as long on my face as estee lauder but I almost feel like my skin has improved since I've started using this stuff. Anyway, it's easier to reapply and touch up (and quick!) if I really want to although I don't really need to. Every time I've ever tried to touch up anything else, it's always broken apart on me. The color selection is amazing too. I even ordered this on sephora online and it matched perfectly. Stop by your nearest ulta or a store that sells it and try it out. Return it if you don't like it. You really don't have anything to lose. It's amazing. Makes me also feel like I don't have anything on yet I have a really nice glow & can still get full coverage as needed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by alanza

I have been using bareMinerals original finish foundation in fairly light for awhile now. I had pretty high expectations because there was a lot of hype around this product and I was really excited to try it. I found the shade to be good as I sometimes have trouble finding foundation to match my pink-undertone skin. But, I feel the powder transfers quite easily (even while using the BE mineral veil) and does not last very long. Also, I find it makes my skin look somewhat dry and around my eyes it can almost look like I have fine lines even though I am only 20 years old. It did not cause any breakouts, but I know there are better products out there. Overall I did not find it outperformed the drugstore mineral makeup I have used and I will not be purchasing again.