July 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Foundations - Bare Escentuals - bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love that this stuff doesn't break me out and even seems to calm existing acne when I've foolishly used something else.

The main reason I keep going back to other makeup is that the packaging is so, well, not handy. If applied correctly, I must say it looks amazing: very natural, glowy, exactly matching my olive skin tone (I use 'light' in winter and 'medium gold' in summer)... but if I'm in a hurry and don't take enough time to really cover acne-scarred areas and buff and blend like mad, you can really see it sitting on top of my skin. So applying it properly is not hard, but it does take more than the minute I am sometimes willing to spend. The best way for me to put this on is to dip the concealer brush into the powder first, and use that to cover up any blemishes properly. I then tip a tiny amount into the lid and use the full flawless face brush to buff it into my skin all over my face and neck. Really don't need much once any blemishes are covered first.

I know the reason this works so nicely is that it DOESN'T come in a compact, but I sure wish science would bring me a version of this that does and still doesn't clog my pores... ;)

Anyway for the results this gives me I am going to do my best to not be a lazy cow and to stay true to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by amandawalker11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Bare Minerals for about 3 years. I have a history of battling with acne. I never used to even wear foundation until my face started breaking out, so I wanted to get a light foundation that didn't clog pores. I was recommended Bare Minerals by an aesthetician who worked with my dermatologist. I would say that for me it covers the hyper pigmented spots and other redness pretty well, but if you have anything that's swollen, you can still see the spots. Also, if you put too much on, yes, it can look cakey. If your skin gets dry (and with acne treatments, mine has been in bad shape), your make up will look extra cakey and it makes your skin look even dryer. Honestly, I would say that if you have acne/really dry skin to try a foundation that has a more emollient texture, like liquid or cream. Don't go to a drug store; I would say to go the more expensive route if possible because those (from my experience) usually work better. I have also never put a foundation on my face without first consulting someone knowledgeable or reading tons of reviews to ensure that I won't do anything to make my face break out worse. Overall, I would say that it's a nice foundation for people with normal skin or with mild acne & dryness. Anyone with skin worse than that should probably try something else.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried it for the second time on my dry skin a week ago because people have posted about how using a good moisturizer before applying would make application on combination skin easy. My skin is mostly dry but gets oily at night (and I wake up with acne) and my eyelids get oily during the day as well.

well I used a more moisturzing base first and then I put the bare minerals on my face. It dried out my skin (and i was using the original not the matte) and it looked cakey like it was just sitting on top of my skin.

Also, on top of my acne is just outlined it and you could see every bump on my face that was "covered up"

I have not found one mineral foundation until today that works amazing for dry skin... DiorSkin Nude powder fresh mineralized foundation. It contains 20% water and is all natural. I LOVE IT. Only after three days my skin has started to even clear up! Those that used bare minerals and it was too dry for them... I suggest the dior.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by klgbeatnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried bare minerals foundation a little over a year ago when my esthetician teacher (I was attending beauty school at the time) recommended it. I LOVE THIS MAKEUP. i use the foundation, yellow under eye concealer, bronzer in the summer and blush in the winter. I will never use anything else on my face. The coverage is great, lasts all day, and is really really good for your skin. I have a tendency to break out and this makeup covers the blemishes well and doesnt irritate them and make them worse. I use the original formula and my skin is naturally oily but not extremely oily and it works just fine for me; it controls the oil well. My skin is a little "dewy" by the end of the day but i like that look so i stick to the original formula. I have a friend with really oily skin and she uses the matte formula and loves it. Highly recommended especially if you break out occasionally (or have acne) or have sensitive, combination, or oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by MistyAnn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the MATTE foundation...

A few years back I was using the original for a while, but didn't like it because it added too much shine on my already semi-shiny face. Plus it has Bismuth Oxychloride, which my skin hates, which also created that extra shine I think. Then I used Covergirl Aquasmooth in Ivory for the longest time, which unfortunately just wasn't my right shade, but I wore it anyway because it was the only thing that didn't irritate my skin or break me out. Needless to say, when I heard BE introduced this matte foundation and that it doesn't contain Bismuth, I put it on my Christmas list! This past weekend was my Birthday, so my Mom decided to give it to me early as a Birthday/early Christmas gift! She got me the face case, and inside was this foundation, the mineral veil, and a blush called golden gate! I don't really wear blush often, but when I do I will use golden gate. It was a great gift and I am SO glad I now have a foundation that is not only 100% natural, but also my perfect shade and keeps my face looking beautiful and natural! So, thank you BE for giving me a reason to use your foundation again, and saving my skin from so many chemicals and preservatives!! :)

TIPS:
I have read reviews on this foundation, that people don't like the original or matte...that it looks cakey, etc. So incase you aren't doing these things before applying the foundation...make sure you moisturize FIRST, and allow 10 minutes or so for the moisturizer to settle into your skin. then use a PRIMER! I promise you the foundation will settle into your skin better and also look better without looking cakey! That was my problem with the original foundation aside from not liking it because of Bismuth (which caused breakouts). I didn't always moisturize and never used a primer...both make a huge difference in the way your foundation will look!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by buescherbeetle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It offers good coverage and looks good when initially applied but after a few hours it got all cakey. And it looks horrible in bright light. I heard so many good things, read so many good reviews and was left so completely disappointed.
I did, however, find it works well as a spot concealer. I now use it to cover up a pimple when one pops up and then Physicians Formula Talc Free Face Powder as a foundation. So much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by HopefullyHelpful

This product would've worked for me if it actually came in my skintone. I have very pale skin and even the lighest shade of this was too dark and made me look like I had a terrible fake tan. It did have good coverage and durability, but if its not the right color those things don't really matter. I switched to Laura Merciers mineral foundation in the lightest shade and this perfectly matches my skintone, it is also a lot more product for basically the same price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by morningblues342

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this, I really did, but it just gave me acne flare-ups which haven't happened in a long time. The makeup gave me the no makeup look and beautiful, glowy skin, but everyday I'd wake up with a new (painful!) pimple. Looks like it's back to everyday minerals for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by lizzzxo15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had been looking online at this foundation for a while and couldn't wait to buy it. A lot of people told me how much they had liked it and many reviews I read were really good. I used this foundation a couple of times and hated it. It gave me no coverage, and the only way to achieve a lot of coverage was by piling it on, which just made my face look cakey. This foundation also made me extremely oily, which surprised me since it's a powder. I probably should have gotten the matte foundation, but I knew a lot of people didn't like it and preferred the original. At this point I'm not even going to bother getting the matte version. I will not be spending any more money on bareMinerals!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by 2cute4freckles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years. I love how easy it is to apply, and the coverage is buildable, and extremely blendable. My co worker asked me what I used because my skin always looked so good with out make up, she was shocked when I told her I used bare minerals. She realy couldn't believe it wasn't my natural skin. I fly frequently for work, I love that this is a powder so I never have to worry about having my BE products in my carry on.