September 16, 2014 | 2008 users online

Foundations - Bare Escentuals - bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by lissmorleyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I use my neautralizing primer then swirl tap buff onto my face. I adore this product teamed with my bareminerals face warmth and bareminerals mineral veil! Its so worth it, my mom never thought she could use it due to dry skin but its so different to a powder! I never thought it would give me enough coverage but it is simply perfect. I have also found its helped improve my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Megsaroo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I switched to bareMinerals several years ago (at least 6 years ago) from Revlon Colorstay and it is completely my HG foundation. However, it's definitely a hit or miss foundation - I have slightly dry/slightly oily skin depending on what cleanser I'm using and what time of year it is and while it looks and feels awesome on me, when my Mom and sister tried it, they weren't fans.

I find for me, my skin needs to be slightly oily (and/or moisturized) for it to "stick" to my skin. I've used different primers, but they seem to make it simply slide off my skin.

I've noticed that my skin definitely is healthier and I have only the occasional breakout since switching (which is amazing). I get compliments all the time about how glowing/dewy my skin looks and it's honestly because of this foundation. And yes, you MUST tap your brush off, otherwise it gets everywhere (I'm a rebel, I don't do the swirl :-P - just tap into the foundation, tap off, then buff)

My only complaints are: 1) I find it doesn't last all day - if I'm going out again at night, I definitely need to reapply (at least to any blemishes, under eye circles, etc) and 2) I HATE the container. I feel like I'm wasting so much because you can't get the last little bit out. (Especially when you figure out how many containers I've used in the last 6 years).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

By far my favorite mineral makeup. I bought the starter kit which can be a bit pricey, but it's a decent value for all that you are getting. Does not clog pores, does not look cakey, and provides a nice matte finish and great coverage. Sometimes I just use a little bit on top of BB cream in the winter for extra coverage, but in the summer during the daytime, I only use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by CharityGrace

I have been using BareMinerals for several years. I do have mildly oily skin (still at age 58!!!) but this works beautifully for just the right coverage and oil absorption giving me a nice finished look without looking "made up" or cake-y. It has helped reduce my pores significantly and has really improved the overall condition of my skin.

It is easy to apply once you get the hang of it. Make sure you work the minerals well into the brush. If you can see the minerals, you have to tap some of them off or it will get all over the place. It only took me a couple tries before I got it right. It is so quick and easy I can do my complete makeup including sculpting, blush, and eyes within 5 minutes.

Initially, it can seem pricey, but it lasts a very long time—way beyond the "use by" dates. So when I figure how much BareMinerals I've used vs other kinds of makeup, BareMinerals cost MUCH less in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Misskatemurphy

My HG foundation. I think those who are giving this product a bad review have probably ignored all of the application advice and therefore don't know how to apply it properly. I LOVE this! I went from using MAC Studio Fix to this and at first it was weird because it felt like I had no make up on however when I looked in the mirror my face looked flawless.
You really do need to read the instructions on how to apply or if you buy the starter kit watch the DVD. It really does make a difference to how the make up looks and correct application makes the product last longer. A full size foundation for me lasts around 6 months maybe more and I use it on a daily basis. Its also great for oily skin as it doesn't dry the skin out but it doesn't end up sliding off the face either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ashleytohl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff. For so long I've strayed away from trying this product because of the reviews on here but I absolutely love it. I think the negative reviews could be either from people who are sensitive to an ingredient they have in it, haven't gotten down how to apply it, or don't find the applying technique as convenient. Or maybe they found another mineral makeup they like better for different reasons. Otherwise, I don't know any other reasons.

It doesn't last as long on my face as estee lauder but I almost feel like my skin has improved since I've started using this stuff. Anyway, it's easier to reapply and touch up (and quick!) if I really want to although I don't really need to. Every time I've ever tried to touch up anything else, it's always broken apart on me. The color selection is amazing too. I even ordered this on sephora online and it matched perfectly. Stop by your nearest ulta or a store that sells it and try it out. Return it if you don't like it. You really don't have anything to lose. It's amazing. Makes me also feel like I don't have anything on yet I have a really nice glow & can still get full coverage as needed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by alanza

I have been using bareMinerals original finish foundation in fairly light for awhile now. I had pretty high expectations because there was a lot of hype around this product and I was really excited to try it. I found the shade to be good as I sometimes have trouble finding foundation to match my pink-undertone skin. But, I feel the powder transfers quite easily (even while using the BE mineral veil) and does not last very long. Also, I find it makes my skin look somewhat dry and around my eyes it can almost look like I have fine lines even though I am only 20 years old. It did not cause any breakouts, but I know there are better products out there. Overall I did not find it outperformed the drugstore mineral makeup I have used and I will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love that this stuff doesn't break me out and even seems to calm existing acne when I've foolishly used something else.

The main reason I keep going back to other makeup is that the packaging is so, well, not handy. If applied correctly, I must say it looks amazing: very natural, glowy, exactly matching my olive skin tone (I use 'light' in winter and 'medium gold' in summer)... but if I'm in a hurry and don't take enough time to really cover acne-scarred areas and buff and blend like mad, you can really see it sitting on top of my skin. So applying it properly is not hard, but it does take more than the minute I am sometimes willing to spend. The best way for me to put this on is to dip the concealer brush into the powder first, and use that to cover up any blemishes properly. I then tip a tiny amount into the lid and use the full flawless face brush to buff it into my skin all over my face and neck. Really don't need much once any blemishes are covered first.

I know the reason this works so nicely is that it DOESN'T come in a compact, but I sure wish science would bring me a version of this that does and still doesn't clog my pores... ;)

Anyway for the results this gives me I am going to do my best to not be a lazy cow and to stay true to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by amandawalker11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Bare Minerals for about 3 years. I have a history of battling with acne. I never used to even wear foundation until my face started breaking out, so I wanted to get a light foundation that didn't clog pores. I was recommended Bare Minerals by an aesthetician who worked with my dermatologist. I would say that for me it covers the hyper pigmented spots and other redness pretty well, but if you have anything that's swollen, you can still see the spots. Also, if you put too much on, yes, it can look cakey. If your skin gets dry (and with acne treatments, mine has been in bad shape), your make up will look extra cakey and it makes your skin look even dryer. Honestly, I would say that if you have acne/really dry skin to try a foundation that has a more emollient texture, like liquid or cream. Don't go to a drug store; I would say to go the more expensive route if possible because those (from my experience) usually work better. I have also never put a foundation on my face without first consulting someone knowledgeable or reading tons of reviews to ensure that I won't do anything to make my face break out worse. Overall, I would say that it's a nice foundation for people with normal skin or with mild acne & dryness. Anyone with skin worse than that should probably try something else.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried it for the second time on my dry skin a week ago because people have posted about how using a good moisturizer before applying would make application on combination skin easy. My skin is mostly dry but gets oily at night (and I wake up with acne) and my eyelids get oily during the day as well.

well I used a more moisturzing base first and then I put the bare minerals on my face. It dried out my skin (and i was using the original not the matte) and it looked cakey like it was just sitting on top of my skin.

Also, on top of my acne is just outlined it and you could see every bump on my face that was "covered up"

I have not found one mineral foundation until today that works amazing for dry skin... DiorSkin Nude powder fresh mineralized foundation. It contains 20% water and is all natural. I LOVE IT. Only after three days my skin has started to even clear up! Those that used bare minerals and it was too dry for them... I suggest the dior.