August 20, 2014 | 1390 users online

Foundations - Bare Escentuals - bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Misskatemurphy

My HG foundation. I think those who are giving this product a bad review have probably ignored all of the application advice and therefore don't know how to apply it properly. I LOVE this! I went from using MAC Studio Fix to this and at first it was weird because it felt like I had no make up on however when I looked in the mirror my face looked flawless.
You really do need to read the instructions on how to apply or if you buy the starter kit watch the DVD. It really does make a difference to how the make up looks and correct application makes the product last longer. A full size foundation for me lasts around 6 months maybe more and I use it on a daily basis. Its also great for oily skin as it doesn't dry the skin out but it doesn't end up sliding off the face either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ashleytohl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this stuff. For so long I've strayed away from trying this product because of the reviews on here but I absolutely love it. I think the negative reviews could be either from people who are sensitive to an ingredient they have in it, haven't gotten down how to apply it, or don't find the applying technique as convenient. Or maybe they found another mineral makeup they like better for different reasons. Otherwise, I don't know any other reasons.

It doesn't last as long on my face as estee lauder but I almost feel like my skin has improved since I've started using this stuff. Anyway, it's easier to reapply and touch up (and quick!) if I really want to although I don't really need to. Every time I've ever tried to touch up anything else, it's always broken apart on me. The color selection is amazing too. I even ordered this on sephora online and it matched perfectly. Stop by your nearest ulta or a store that sells it and try it out. Return it if you don't like it. You really don't have anything to lose. It's amazing. Makes me also feel like I don't have anything on yet I have a really nice glow & can still get full coverage as needed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by alanza

I have been using bareMinerals original finish foundation in fairly light for awhile now. I had pretty high expectations because there was a lot of hype around this product and I was really excited to try it. I found the shade to be good as I sometimes have trouble finding foundation to match my pink-undertone skin. But, I feel the powder transfers quite easily (even while using the BE mineral veil) and does not last very long. Also, I find it makes my skin look somewhat dry and around my eyes it can almost look like I have fine lines even though I am only 20 years old. It did not cause any breakouts, but I know there are better products out there. Overall I did not find it outperformed the drugstore mineral makeup I have used and I will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love that this stuff doesn't break me out and even seems to calm existing acne when I've foolishly used something else.

The main reason I keep going back to other makeup is that the packaging is so, well, not handy. If applied correctly, I must say it looks amazing: very natural, glowy, exactly matching my olive skin tone (I use 'light' in winter and 'medium gold' in summer)... but if I'm in a hurry and don't take enough time to really cover acne-scarred areas and buff and blend like mad, you can really see it sitting on top of my skin. So applying it properly is not hard, but it does take more than the minute I am sometimes willing to spend. The best way for me to put this on is to dip the concealer brush into the powder first, and use that to cover up any blemishes properly. I then tip a tiny amount into the lid and use the full flawless face brush to buff it into my skin all over my face and neck. Really don't need much once any blemishes are covered first.

I know the reason this works so nicely is that it DOESN'T come in a compact, but I sure wish science would bring me a version of this that does and still doesn't clog my pores... ;)

Anyway for the results this gives me I am going to do my best to not be a lazy cow and to stay true to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by amandawalker11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Bare Minerals for about 3 years. I have a history of battling with acne. I never used to even wear foundation until my face started breaking out, so I wanted to get a light foundation that didn't clog pores. I was recommended Bare Minerals by an aesthetician who worked with my dermatologist. I would say that for me it covers the hyper pigmented spots and other redness pretty well, but if you have anything that's swollen, you can still see the spots. Also, if you put too much on, yes, it can look cakey. If your skin gets dry (and with acne treatments, mine has been in bad shape), your make up will look extra cakey and it makes your skin look even dryer. Honestly, I would say that if you have acne/really dry skin to try a foundation that has a more emollient texture, like liquid or cream. Don't go to a drug store; I would say to go the more expensive route if possible because those (from my experience) usually work better. I have also never put a foundation on my face without first consulting someone knowledgeable or reading tons of reviews to ensure that I won't do anything to make my face break out worse. Overall, I would say that it's a nice foundation for people with normal skin or with mild acne & dryness. Anyone with skin worse than that should probably try something else.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried it for the second time on my dry skin a week ago because people have posted about how using a good moisturizer before applying would make application on combination skin easy. My skin is mostly dry but gets oily at night (and I wake up with acne) and my eyelids get oily during the day as well.

well I used a more moisturzing base first and then I put the bare minerals on my face. It dried out my skin (and i was using the original not the matte) and it looked cakey like it was just sitting on top of my skin.

Also, on top of my acne is just outlined it and you could see every bump on my face that was "covered up"

I have not found one mineral foundation until today that works amazing for dry skin... DiorSkin Nude powder fresh mineralized foundation. It contains 20% water and is all natural. I LOVE IT. Only after three days my skin has started to even clear up! Those that used bare minerals and it was too dry for them... I suggest the dior.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by klgbeatnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried bare minerals foundation a little over a year ago when my esthetician teacher (I was attending beauty school at the time) recommended it. I LOVE THIS MAKEUP. i use the foundation, yellow under eye concealer, bronzer in the summer and blush in the winter. I will never use anything else on my face. The coverage is great, lasts all day, and is really really good for your skin. I have a tendency to break out and this makeup covers the blemishes well and doesnt irritate them and make them worse. I use the original formula and my skin is naturally oily but not extremely oily and it works just fine for me; it controls the oil well. My skin is a little "dewy" by the end of the day but i like that look so i stick to the original formula. I have a friend with really oily skin and she uses the matte formula and loves it. Highly recommended especially if you break out occasionally (or have acne) or have sensitive, combination, or oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by MistyAnn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the MATTE foundation...

A few years back I was using the original for a while, but didn't like it because it added too much shine on my already semi-shiny face. Plus it has Bismuth Oxychloride, which my skin hates, which also created that extra shine I think. Then I used Covergirl Aquasmooth in Ivory for the longest time, which unfortunately just wasn't my right shade, but I wore it anyway because it was the only thing that didn't irritate my skin or break me out. Needless to say, when I heard BE introduced this matte foundation and that it doesn't contain Bismuth, I put it on my Christmas list! This past weekend was my Birthday, so my Mom decided to give it to me early as a Birthday/early Christmas gift! She got me the face case, and inside was this foundation, the mineral veil, and a blush called golden gate! I don't really wear blush often, but when I do I will use golden gate. It was a great gift and I am SO glad I now have a foundation that is not only 100% natural, but also my perfect shade and keeps my face looking beautiful and natural! So, thank you BE for giving me a reason to use your foundation again, and saving my skin from so many chemicals and preservatives!! :)

TIPS:
I have read reviews on this foundation, that people don't like the original or matte...that it looks cakey, etc. So incase you aren't doing these things before applying the foundation...make sure you moisturize FIRST, and allow 10 minutes or so for the moisturizer to settle into your skin. then use a PRIMER! I promise you the foundation will settle into your skin better and also look better without looking cakey! That was my problem with the original foundation aside from not liking it because of Bismuth (which caused breakouts). I didn't always moisturize and never used a primer...both make a huge difference in the way your foundation will look!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by buescherbeetle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It offers good coverage and looks good when initially applied but after a few hours it got all cakey. And it looks horrible in bright light. I heard so many good things, read so many good reviews and was left so completely disappointed.
I did, however, find it works well as a spot concealer. I now use it to cover up a pimple when one pops up and then Physicians Formula Talc Free Face Powder as a foundation. So much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by HopefullyHelpful

This product would've worked for me if it actually came in my skintone. I have very pale skin and even the lighest shade of this was too dark and made me look like I had a terrible fake tan. It did have good coverage and durability, but if its not the right color those things don't really matter. I switched to Laura Merciers mineral foundation in the lightest shade and this perfectly matches my skintone, it is also a lot more product for basically the same price.