September 2, 2014 | 1917 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I've been using this for my last several manicures. Wear time is decent but I find that my manicures chip more easily and are more prone to tip-wear than when I use Orly Bonder. On the plus side, it doesn't stain my nails yellow like Bonder. The formula goes on smooth and dries more quickly but it is too watery and tends to pool around my cuticles making for a slightly messy manicure if I'm not careful. I never had this problem with Orly Bonder. After taking this on a test drive, I think I will go back to Bonder once I am finished with the bottle.

Update: this doesn't do a very good job at preventing stains after all. With that, it doesn't have any edge over Bonder. Switching back immediately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

This really does help with the chipping, but if you are using a sheer polish don't use it as a base coat, because it has a green tint and it will affect your nail polish color.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by hellohurricane

i started using the stickey base when i ran out of poshe base coat. i'd been using poshe for years, after using it at the first salon i ever worked at. but for some reason, my supplier wasn't carrying it. so, i picked up the stickey base coat. after a week, i was impressed. it held the polish well, and came off cleanly. the one thing i didn't like it for is a french. i was taught to put the base coat on again after doing the white tip (i do a french freehand, and use a small brush to clean up the line). and the stickey left a tint on the white.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

Best base coat that I've tried. It makes my polish stay and last. I couple this with the Seche Vite top coat, and, so far, polishes have stayed. I've not had any problem with the dreaded peeling (which happens a lot for some reason with my nails, but no more). I also have the Ulta Silk Wrap one, which is also good; I use that more on my girls, but I save the Stickey for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by cancerofthepuppy

Found my holy grail basecoat in Stickey! Makes my polish last wayyy longer than any other basecoat I've ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by j9ferrari

I found out about Stickey years ago, while getting a manicure in Dallas, TX with colleagues. We were on a 2 week trip and were so surprised that our manicures lasted that long, that when we got home we ordered a case of it (6 bottles)- this was back in 1997. I've used Stickey ever since and the 2 bottles from our initial purchase lasted almost 10 years.

I bought another case 2 years ago and have turned colleagues/nail aficionados on to Stickey. This stuff extends the life of my manicures to 9 days and my pedicures to 3 weeks. It dries quickly and the base coat is very light. I also apply Vaseline to my cuticles every morning, so that may help.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

By far the HG of base coats - where has this been all my life. Easily makes a pedicure (don't polish my fingernails) last 3-4 weeks w/o showing signs of wear. This is fabulous - and does exactly what it says: creates a sticky bond between the nail base and the polish. Fabulous!

The only downside is that if I wear dark tints my toenails do go yellowish. Possibly more so than with standard base coat - although I'm not entirely sure of this. Just seems that way. That said, that is a normal thing and can be remedied quite quickly.

Will be purchasing this product again - it makes it a joy to get a pedicure (as opposed to wondering how long it will last)!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by MandyDee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This base coat is great at creating a bond between your nail and your nail polish helping to prolong the wear of your polish. Don't wait for it to dry just apply your colour over it straight away. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I bought it because I found it on sale and decided it was worth a try. It does seem to help my color stick. I love it that I can start applying polish immediately. And I also love it that I only need one coat of this base coat to give good coverage and prep the nail for color. Well worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ktaylo36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate it, no matter how thin of a coat i use and apply nail polish it does not dry!!!will not buy again..