September 23, 2014 | 1624 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The first few weeks I used the Clarisonic I was not very impressed. I did notice my face felt softer and cleaner after use but I was angry because I spent $100+ on a cleansing device that did not seem to do anything special. However, I have now been using my Clarisonic for a little over 2 months and I have noticed an incredible improvement in my skin.
When I first started using the Clarisonic I had the worst breakout of my life, no cystic acne but many medium sized pimples across my cheeks and chin, along with tiny clogged pores across my entire face, none of which ever seemed to clear up (at least not for a week or longer). I also had PIH from earlier breakouts and just an overall irritated and uneven complexion.
After using the Clarisonic for over 2 months it has:
1. Almost completely cleared my skin (less than 10 pimples on my face at a time)
2. evened out the texture and tone of my skin
3. softened my skin
4. helped to fade my acne pigmentation
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
I also want to add that I only use it every other day because I think using it everyday would probably over exfoliate my skin and lead to irritation. I did not get any "purge" like many people do and I think that may be because of the fact that I do not use it every day. I recommend using it every other day or every 2 days when you first get it in order to let your skin grow accustomed to this form of manual exfoliation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a staple in my skincare routine, I use it every night and (touch wood) have not had one break out since and my skin always looks fresh and healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by chichiritchie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This could be pricey but it is definitely worth it. I have acne-prone skin and this helped my skin to have less to no breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by eyluldamla

God this is the only beauty product i would want to live with forever. Made a huge difference on my skin, uploaded a before/after pic, and my skin transformed only in couple months.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received my Mia as a birthday present from my mother. My skin is extremely sensitive/reactive; I have early-onset rosacea and avoid using any kind of manual exfoliator (scrubs, etc.) or products that are scented or contain harsh surfactants.

This product is pretty incredible. I use the Delicate head once or twice a week (not twice a day- dream on, Clarisonic) and this really helps to thin out the rough, red, irritated skin in the center of my face, which tends to thicken (common in rosacea patients). I know some people with rosacea cannot use this, but I have found it to be extremely beneficial when used in moderation. The trick is learning how much you can tolerate, and how often.

Will save up and repurchase when my battery dies.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Diverjox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been part of my skin routine for about 2 years now and l wouldn't go without it. l use it at night after precleanse with my Clarins cleanser. My face always feels so clean, fresh and smooth afterwards. This definitely helps with congestion around my chin area. Charge lasts ages and I Can take this away for a 2 week holiday win out the charger. This is definitely the best l minute wonder for my face :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Iiibabydimplez12

I've used this device for at least two years now and I love this. It has done a lot for my skin. I have it to thank for the improvement in my skin. I was going thru a time period where I would get a lot of acne and it would leave red marks after they go away. Using this device to clean my face has drastically changed my skin along with the monthly facials I get. I used to use this almost every day but it made my skin a little too dry. Nowadays I use it twice a week in the winter and three times a week in the summer. I pair this up with my laneige Multiberry peeling gel. After using it, it makes my skin feel very clean without my skin feeling tight.

This is expensive but I think it is really worth the investment. I use the sensitive brush and the delicate brush. Those are best for those with sensitive skin or those who suffer from acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaMSW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this thing! My skin doesn't like to be man-handled, so I tend to break out if I use it everyday, but once I switched to using it every other or every third day in a steamy shower, holy jeebus did my skin fall in love! Seriously, this thing is amazing. Much better price and size for those who travel and/or those on a budget, works amazingly with so many different cleansers, gel, cream, or foam.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by cosmicsurgery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Honestly, I debated for such a long time over buying this because I assumed it was a little bit horseshit. I've had acne for about 12 years and have likely spent hundreds of dollars on various fad regimens and products over the years, but I got a Sephora gift card for Christmas and heard about the insanely awesome return policy for the Clarisonic, so I figured, what the hell? I can return it if it's been three months and I'm not seeing results.

It did break me out a little bit at first, because I got too excited and was using it nightly. I quickly determined that this was too much for my skin, and cut down to 2 uses a week, 3 max (on a day where my skin is feeling particularly gross). The difference in my skin is unbelievable. I still get the occasional cystic pimple near my jawline, but they clear up in two or three days instead of a week, and I almost never get whiteheads or blackheads anymore. I've been using it for just under a month now and I'd say I've gone from getting 10-12 new pimples a week to just 2 or 3. I have some red post-breakout discolouration on my cheeks so I'm interested to see if it'll help with that as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I received this as a Christmas present about a year ago. I have never suffered from acne, and have always had decent skin to begin with. Therefore, I am unsure of whether this actually "works" or not. I've continued to use it almost every day (sometimes twice a day) because I enjoy it and feel as though it gives me a good scrub. I feel like there has been some improvement in my overall tone. I do follow the directions and replace the brush head religiously every three months as suggested. Despite not having acne prone skin, I find that I like using the acne brush head best. There's a softness to it that I like a lot. However, I'll use any brush head really. The replacement heads are approximately $25 each. Lately I've been finding authentic ones on Groupon (not dupes!) for much less money, so you may want to look there. I don't feel like I have to charge it too often, but when I do I just leave it plugged in overnight and it's ready for me in the morning. What I really love about this is it is water proof and able to be used in the shower! I feel like that's a huge stand out compared to past similar items I've had.
Overall, I would suggest this item to anyone who does suffer from acne, as I have definitely decreased in breakouts and constantly read positive feedback from those who use it. I rarely purchase any other Clarisonic items such as the face wash. Almost any face wash with will work this, even bar soaps. The only face wash I have come across that did not create enough of a lather was Mario Badescu. Without a lather, the bristles tend to be too rough on my skin. I would not have purchased this on my own, as it is quite expensive + replacement brush heads, especially since I had good skin before using this.