October 1, 2014 | 1858 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Overall a nice color but it looks a little dull on a NC15 skintone. It has a mauvey tone and would be a good MLBB shade. I would imagine this to look good on darker skin tones. Would consider this if I have tons of b2m and not sure wat to exchange for. LOL

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by itzmarylicious

This is a great everyday color but can be mixed for a little more 'oomph'. it gives you just a hint of color without it being overwhelming. I really like the consistency of this and isn't drying at all. I do wish that it has a little more staying but I guess that would make the lipstick a little more drying. Overall this is great and I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Minxie413

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Syrup is a great go-to shade for me. It is one of the first lipsticks I bought from MAC. At that time I was honestly feeling a bit nervous about lipstick in general. I agree as been previously said its a "my lips but better" type neutral. Its perfect for days that I am in a rush and want easy, yet polished. I think the pigmentation is great! It's easy to take along in your bag and touch-up without having to also fish out a mirror. All in all I love it and would definitely repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by CariannB

This is MY all time favorite lipstick. Perfect. Absolutely perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by MyCuppaTea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Syrup! This is a wonderful neutral shade for everyday wear. It's a classic pink with brown. I'm NW20 and this shade is very close to my natural, pigmented lip color. It has a very creamy texture, but still can be drying, much like most MAC lipsticks are, I've found. I use lip balm underneath to help with that. I usually wear this as is, but sometimes add clear gloss on top for a different look. And, as with all MAC's lip products, it has the lovely vanilla scent. I will definitely buy again, though my MAC lipsticks tend to last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this Lipstick! I was afraid of the color at first(as I am with all Lipsticks)but once I tried it I loved the way it looked with my skin tone. It feels very moisturizing on & it lasts for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by corriepeters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just came home with this lipstick and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Like some others, I was looking for a basic 'go-to' lipstick with just enough pigmentation for my lips without looking too done up. I also wanted something that wasn't too pink and I could wear with browns as well. It has some purple in it, which is good because it works with my Satin Taupe and Club eyeshadow, also from MAC. I'm a big fan of the lustres because they're not too drying and you don't often need a lipgloss on top.
I think for us lighter ladies this is a great natural, "days-off" option, or a good colour for days when you want to keep the focus on your eyes. It's basically like my lips but better. I wish it had a bitttt more pigment, but that's what you get for a lustre and it was kind of what I was looking for anyway. I'll try it with a liner underneath and a few more swipes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Syrup is a sheer, fleshy medium pink with a purple undertone. this reminds me a lot of 'Modesty' (cremesheen), but that is a little more tan.
i think Syrup is such a great and wearable colour because it combines the 'my lips but better' kind of nude (i can't wear true nudes) with a purpley pink. i tried to pair this with a pink lipgloss over the top, but i personally found that it lost its charm because this is a pink that makes you look twice, not just a true pink.
on the subject of what to pair this with; i want to bring to light a bit of a problem with this colour, that it doesn't always show up straight away on my medium pigmented lips, and i know some other ladies with more pigmentation in their lips complain about this. what i found really really helps, is to apply this lipstick to dry, naked lips and then once you've built up the colour to your liking THEN add a gloss or a balm (i like to add a clear gloss or a blue gloss to enhance the purple tone in this colour). i find that the dryer and more naked my lips are, the stronger this colour goes on.
another trick to enhancing this colour, is to wear a true nude like MAC's Myth as a base, and to apply it with a good lip brush instead of straight from the bullet.
i love this colour so much! and i must admit, the name drew me in a little too :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

This is a great shade of lipstick for me-I am very impressed with this purchase...I haven't bought lipstick in a very long time; usually I find that with the pink/neutral tones,the pigment is not strong enough from drugstore brands, as well as some department store ones. I wanted a lipstick that was similar to MAC's plushglass in Ample Pink-the sales lady told me that Syrup is the closest. I tried it on and love it! The color is perfect and well pigmented...The only qualm is that I wish it would be a tad more moisturizing, however a little dab of lip balm takes care of that. Overall, 5 lippies and will r/p.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by gozdena

I'm absolutely addicted to this color and I've tried different brands, but none of them is as natural yet vivid, nice smelling (freshly baked cookie smell) and long-lasting as this one. Perfect! My favorite lipstick ever.