NARS Desire

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Red 34 Lake, Red 36 Lake, Red 36, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Carmine, Aluminum Powder, Red 7]

on 1/24/2012 12:59:00 PM

In the pan, this blush is positively terrifying! I got this in a swap and wasn't anticipating it to be so neon. Thankfully, when applied properly, this gives a lovely, surprisingly natural looking flush to my cheeks. As with all NARS blushes, it is extremely pigmented so you must use a light hand to ensure you don't look like a clown. I personally tap a duo fibre brush into the pan and stipple it on very lightly and this provides a perfect application. I'd happily buy this again, but I doubt I'll ever run out as you only need a very tiny amount each time!

on 1/18/2012 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

A must have! Although the color may seem very bright at first sight, it goes on a perfectly pink shade. What I love most about this blush is that it lasts well throughout the day with a continous glow! I plan on purchasing more of Nars' blushes. This is defintely a must have caboodle item :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had been lusting after Desire for so long that I finally broke down and bought it. I confess to being frightened by it in the pan (pictures don't do it justice - this blush is BRIGHT!) but found that using a stippling brush this ensured a sheer, yet adequate application. That being said, this is extremely natural looking once it's on. I also own MACs Pink Swoon, and if I were to compare the two I think that Desire is loads more natural looking and less "Omg, bright pink!" than what Pink Swoon is. Desire is more of a soft magenta than a bright pink like the pan depicts, which is what makes it so unique. I love that it's so pigmented because I know at the rate at which I use it, it will last me forever. A very beautiful blush.

on 1/4/2012 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I DESIRE this product!the color is very pigmented!I love it although its pricey but its worth it.You get what you pay for,its very light and not cakey when you apply it.

on 12/27/2011 7:29:00 PM

No matter how many other blushes I buy, I always end up reaching for Desire. In the winter I have very fair skin, and Desire gives the perfect "just in from the cold" natural flush. It may look intimidating and crazy in the pan, but it is a buildable color and is beautiful when applied appropriately. I use a MAC 187 to apply a light dusting of Desire to the apples of my cheeks, and love the result. It might look a little scary at first, but Desire is truly beautiful and worth the price tag.

on 12/26/2011 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this blush. Personally, this should be renowned as a universally flattering color instead of Orgasm. Looks good on ANYONE... pale and tan skins alike. I actually think this looks extra gorgeous on colored women :) It literally gives me the color of my natural flush. Honestly, you don't necessarily NEED a 187 to apply this- I gently tap the product on my 129 and slowly build intensity.

on 12/13/2011 7:24:00 PM

LOVE this blush. My Mac Dollymix recently broke (boo!!) so this was my fucshia replacement. Yes, it's intimidating but it can be applied with a light hand easily and it is truly amazing. Works really well with chocolate brunette hair and simple liquid eyeliner. Would def repurchase but since a little goes a long way that will take a while.

on 12/12/2011 9:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have been eyeing this blush for quite some time and recently decided to buy one, as it is like no other blush in my collection. Yes, it is a freaky clown like pink in the pan, but if applied lightly (I will only use a MAC #187 brush as the #116 cheek brush applies this too heavily), it gives a gorgeous glow that is hard to get from other blushes. I think this blush is easier for medium to dark skin tones to pull off, but I've seen lighter skinned beauties pull this off well. It isn't a blush I reach for often, but it's good to have in my collection.

on 11/26/2011 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I'd been secretly lusting after DESIRE for years, but always shied away after seeing how shockingly bright it is in the pan. However I recently bought the Danmari All About Cheeks palette by NARS and this is one of the featured shades, so I finally gave it a go.

DESIRE can no longer be bought on it's own [at least in the UK], so that alone is enough to prevent me from regretting splurging on this palette. DESIRE looks fluorescent in the pan, but it applies sheer and matt, and is lovely and cheerful on my skin. I surprised by how surprisingly easy DESIRE is for me to pull off; It is a naturally 'flushed' tone on my n10 skin.

Most importantly, it wears well - I'll apply it in the morning and it will last until I take it off at the end of the day. NARS is a pricey brand, but the quality is unbeatable.

The only thing to watch out for is that almost every other blush by NARS goes with any makeup look, so you don't really need to think twice picking one up out of your makeup bag in the mornings. However, you do have to be careful with which eye and lip shades you wear this brighter blush with. I prefer to play it safe, by pairing it with shimmery nude eye shadows and glossy pink lips.

on 11/22/2011 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I needed a pure pink this winter to help me achieve a just-in-from-the-cold look more often. I wouldn't have given this product a second glance a year ago; it's that freaky looking in the compact. The quality of the powder itself is what did it for me. It's highly pigmented and fine-milled - barely perceptible up close. The resulting color is a much more delicate pink, but there's still a relative brightness to it in comparison to the run-of-the-mill doll-like pink. A delicate neon pink, if that makes sense... It also looks warmer on my skin that I expected. Works best with an ultra soft brush and a light hand.

Popular Blush Products