August 21, 2014 | 1947 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by loe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of those take it or leave it products. Sure it works, but by no means it it great. It goes on sheer, and then thats it. It doesn't seem to do anything to make my shadow any brighter or crease less. Plus the packaging is really crappy. The cap broke off. I would say you really get what you paid for.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the only eyelid primer I use. For me, it works just as well as any of the fancy brands, and this is way cheaper. For those saying that it didn't make their eyeshadow brighter, try applying a base on top of the primer, like an eyeshadow stick close to the color of your skin, it will further prevent creasing and also give more sticking power to your eyeshadows and making them brighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by sassylass11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually dab this on with the doe foot applicator but once I used my fingers and I understood what some of the other reviewers were saying- it feels really oily and a bit icky (so i try not to touch it) It's counter intutive that you would put on something oily to eliminate the effects of oily eyelids- but it actually works! I first tried it for a friends birthday. Usually I expect my eye make up to fade and smudge from day to night but my makeup looked fresh and my eyeshadow looked exactly how it was when i first applied it. My eyehsadow did not budge. This is the first primer I have tried and so I can't compare it to others. I am wary of trying other brands as I have sensitive skin so need to be careful. I love that this is gentle on my eyes and is paraban free. I gave it a 4 for packagaing as while it functions well it's in a no frills tube. I also love the price- a bargin compared to other brands. i I have knocked a lippie off though because while this keeps my eyeshadow in place it doesn't seem to make eyeshadows look any brighter. But i would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Holamandy

Smoother then the eyelid primer from the essential range.
The packaging is slightly better!

Worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by claudyaaa

I was completely blown away by this product. I discovered eye primer about a year and a half ago and I have never gone back. I started out with Urban Decay's Primer Potion. It works great, makes colors more vibrant, and lasts all day long. I only bought it once, but that one tube lasted me about a year. I wanted to repurchase it but for a poor college student who finances her beauty addiction by herself, I wasn't willing to dish out $18 for it. I saw that e.l.f made a primer and I bought it. I decided to go for the mineral because I was a bit hesitant about putting a $1 primer on my lids. I was completely surprised at how awesome my eye makeup looked at the end of the day. I didn't want to take it off. I was blown away that this primer did almost exactly what UD's primer did for 1/6 of the cost. So why only 4 lippies? It didn't make my shadows as bright (it never said it would so I'm not holding that against e.l.f too harshly) and when I wear this from 9 in the morning to like 11 at night, when I am about to wash my face, I see my makeup looks a tad worn. But that's okay. No one needs to wear makeup for 14 hours. I don't mind. This looks like it will last me a while too. I am so happy I found a cheaper alternative. This primer makes me eye makeup (and my wallet) happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by TLND

I seriously am all props to ELF for this. They may have a lot of flukes, but not this one. Trust me, I was shocked when (regular Too Faced primer user here) I tried this before my smoky eye makeup, and behold - in the heat, rain, sweat, oil, and everything in between, my eye makeup looked and felt exactly the same. All in place. After 10 hours. Not to mention that it's crazy cheap! Now THIS is something worth repurchasing over and over without any guilt.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by jennifer1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! I don't have very oily eyelids but I have always found that my eye shadow would rub off pretty soon after I put it on. But with E.L.F Eyeshadow primer, it looks the same when I get home at the end of the day as it did when I left!!!
It is soooo cheap, I bought it online for about AUD$3 (Crushcosmetics), it is amazing quality for the price.
Would recommend to anyone!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I bought this eyelid primer because I have the oiliest eyelids in the history of woman.
I never used an eyelid primer before and since this got such great reviews, I bought it because it was so cheap and I usually love e.l.f. products.

My list of pros & cons:

Pros -
* It is very sheer AND makes eyelids brighter.
* Seems tacky-feeling...which is a pro to me because this means that eye makeup will stick to it.
* Easy to apply

Cons -
* Didn't really seem to help with staying power. However, I usually only wear eyeliner on my eyelids....not eyeshadow. I'm sure eyeshadow might stay in place but a word of warning: my eyeliner did not. I tried using liquid liner, gel liner, and pencil liner. Gel liner still got all up in my crease, liquid liner still peeled off, and the pencil liner didn't fare very well either.

Maybe I need to update my liners (or spend more $$ on them), but as of right now, I rate this product as a three. Seems like it could work -- and it does a little -- it just isn't as fantastic and amazing as I thought it would be.

I will use it more and update if anything changes, but as of right now I would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by rockalaura

I have extremely oily skin and it's even worse on my eyelids. This primer did not work at all. My eyeliner and eye shadow still smudged after an hour, and wearing this primer was not different from not wearing any primer. I would not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by francescalam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in need of an eye primer because of my super oily eyelids. I've came across this product online. It was said to be a very good one. Therefore, I gave it a try.

It is a bit too watery. My eyeliner and mascara started creasing after a few hours. It is better than not wearing any primer but it couldn't really help the eye makeup to last whole day.