October 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Superstay

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by ConfessionsOfAMakeupHolic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

so many people seems to love this concealer, but this isnt for me. it gives defenetly a full coverage, what i didnt first expect. it really sticks into my skin and stays on there the hole day! great, but.... the concistancy of this concealer is very dry and thick and i found it hard to blend. it looks very streaky and unblended. there is defenetly better concealers out there, but im gonna keep this. you need to be SUPER careful with overdoing this concealer. dont recommend for dry skin people.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by SketchedLilly

Is is one of the few products that I've found that I like. It's easy to apply and the lightest shade is light enough for my skin...most others look yellow or orange.

It is very thick and dries fast, but I don't have a problem with that as I moisturize right before applicaton and blend it with a slightly damp makeup sponge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a worth a try for sure. My own concealer needs are in order of importance: , covers well, doesn't crease or settle into lines, color match, non drying, longwearing This hits most of the bases but is not quite a homerun for me.
I has a nice lightweight texture that doesn't really emphasize lines and certainly does not crease. The coverage is medium but not full. If you have moderate darkness this will work descently, but if you have major under eye darkness this is not for you. The color selection is very limited and it leans a little pink as well. I picked up Medium Beige and it worked ok for my NC35 yellow undertones pretty ok. I didn't find this drying either. When applying this, use in small dots and blend quickly because a little goes a long way and it also sets quite quickly. I found that it did work better applied very quickly after moisturizer, though.
The best use for me was on the face, though. It did work quite well for covering blemishes. And once it's on it doesn't move. Under eyes or on face. It really does "superstay". At about $7-$8 it's a descent price, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by babaysoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product truly lasts. I apply it in the morning to conceal my purplish undereye circles and it stays the whole day! No touch ups needed unless I'm being unusually fussy with my face. My only problem is the shade. I got Dark but it was still too light for me so I mix it with another dark-toned concealer and voila- the perfectly matched shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Zumbii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This concealer has a very poor choice of skin tones, and the tones that I thought were close to my own skin colour was always either too light or too dark.

Pros:
The concealer does do what it says : it stays on for a VERY long time and does not rub off your skin

The product does a nice job concealing the blemishes to the point that the redness/dryness is almost invisible.

Cons:
The price is a little high for my liking.

The product dries very quickly and is hard to blend.

The product dries VERY CAKEY. Even applying a tiny amount will leave your skin with a very noticeable blotch, no matter how much you blended it.

I would not recommend this to anyone that is trying to get a natural and flawless look. Would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

Dries way too fast and is very chalky looking. Plus, the colors run light, so beware.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by ustolemypie

This is my HG concealer for both undereye and acne!
It does live up to its 'superstay claim'. I went to sleep with it on after my prom and the next morning, it still looked almost perfect!
It doesn't accentuate my dry spots and it covers everything extremely well. I also love how fast it dries. I just pat a bit gently onto the area and I don't have to wait long before applying foundation. I actually really like the wand packaging for concealers.
Unfortunately, I can't find it in medium beige anywhere here which I think would be the perfect colour for me. I love this concealer so much that I don't mind mixing deep beige and cream just so i can use it! It becomes a yellow undertone and still blends perfectly into my skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by kellypi07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't like the Superstay foundation, but I thought I'd give this a try. I don't like this either! It dries way too fast making it really hard to blend... I have to rub it in so hard it irritates my skin. Also, it settles into any lines you have and makes it look kind of crusty looking.. gross. I do like the doe foot applicator because it's easy to apply, but other than that I don't like this product at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by MizzMuneca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a heavy duty concealer to replace my MUFE Full Cover back in May (MUFE breaks me out...like all liquids) and I stumbled upon this...having read a few reviews on MUA I figured I'd give it a try. I'm always concerned about covering my acne scarring and semi-dark circles. This concealer was not it for me. Its too drying and heavy looking. Very unnatural on me even if I only apply a tiny bit, For under eyes this is a definite no! Its way to heavy and does not look good under eyes at all. The color selection was not good for my skintone either. Lastly this broke me out where ever I applied it and not my typical cystic bumps on my chin...i got lil clogged pores and white heads. I'm beginning to think my skin just does not like liquids at all =(

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2010 7:48:00 AM More reviews by annielu1810

as soon as you slick this on, it starts to dry!!! :(