Maybelline Superstay

3.5

on 7/27/2011 10:38:00 PM

I dont like this very much. Dont get me wrong it does what its suppose to do which is conceal its full coverage. The reason I don't like it is it is very difficult to blend, once its on it doesn't seem to want to move. They also don't have a good color selection. Wouldn't buy this again.

on 6/4/2011 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great concealer and i now regret buying studio sculpt by mac as this is WAY better. I have oily acne prone skin but i dont like wearing foundation everyday so i just use this to conceal spots and under eyes. Its full coverage, long lasting and build-able. I cannot recommend this product enough and its super cheap, plus in an easy to use liquid form. I apply with the wand then blend with a foundation brush =]
One thing it is sticky like most long lasting face products but a dusting of mac msf natural and its fine
love it =]

on 5/26/2011 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't think I would buy this product again unless I find out that an eye primer will help. I watched countless reviews of it on youtube and they seemed great but it creases and DOES settle into fine lines! And I'm only 18 years old. I plan on going out in a few days when I have the money and buying a different concealer as well as a primer, I suppose I'll try that along with this concealer to see how that works but as of now I won't be purchasing that again.

on 5/24/2011 4:29:00 PM

I wrote a really nice review on this a few months ago, but I have changed my mind 180 degrees after using shiseido concealer for a few months.
This product dries way too fast, it has ruined many concealer brushes that I didn't wash immediately after use. It is very drying and emphasizes fine lines (I'm only 20!). It can look kind of blotchy sometimes. It is very hard to blend and gives a dull, dry look to the under eye area.
The coverage is good though.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

so many people seems to love this concealer, but this isnt for me. it gives defenetly a full coverage, what i didnt first expect. it really sticks into my skin and stays on there the hole day! great, but.... the concistancy of this concealer is very dry and thick and i found it hard to blend. it looks very streaky and unblended. there is defenetly better concealers out there, but im gonna keep this. you need to be SUPER careful with overdoing this concealer. dont recommend for dry skin people.

on 5/17/2011 12:10:00 PM

Is is one of the few products that I've found that I like. It's easy to apply and the lightest shade is light enough for my skin...most others look yellow or orange.

It is very thick and dries fast, but I don't have a problem with that as I moisturize right before applicaton and blend it with a slightly damp makeup sponge.

on 4/18/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a worth a try for sure. My own concealer needs are in order of importance: , covers well, doesn't crease or settle into lines, color match, non drying, longwearing This hits most of the bases but is not quite a homerun for me.
I has a nice lightweight texture that doesn't really emphasize lines and certainly does not crease. The coverage is medium but not full. If you have moderate darkness this will work descently, but if you have major under eye darkness this is not for you. The color selection is very limited and it leans a little pink as well. I picked up Medium Beige and it worked ok for my NC35 yellow undertones pretty ok. I didn't find this drying either. When applying this, use in small dots and blend quickly because a little goes a long way and it also sets quite quickly. I found that it did work better applied very quickly after moisturizer, though.
The best use for me was on the face, though. It did work quite well for covering blemishes. And once it's on it doesn't move. Under eyes or on face. It really does "superstay". At about $7-$8 it's a descent price, too.

on 4/7/2011 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This product truly lasts. I apply it in the morning to conceal my purplish undereye circles and it stays the whole day! No touch ups needed unless I'm being unusually fussy with my face. My only problem is the shade. I got Dark but it was still too light for me so I mix it with another dark-toned concealer and voila- the perfectly matched shade.

on 3/20/2011 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This concealer has a very poor choice of skin tones, and the tones that I thought were close to my own skin colour was always either too light or too dark.

Pros:
The concealer does do what it says : it stays on for a VERY long time and does not rub off your skin

The product does a nice job concealing the blemishes to the point that the redness/dryness is almost invisible.

Cons:
The price is a little high for my liking.

The product dries very quickly and is hard to blend.

The product dries VERY CAKEY. Even applying a tiny amount will leave your skin with a very noticeable blotch, no matter how much you blended it.

I would not recommend this to anyone that is trying to get a natural and flawless look. Would not buy again.

on 3/19/2011 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Dries way too fast and is very chalky looking. Plus, the colors run light, so beware.