MAC Frost - Amber Lights

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 8/11/2011 4:17:00 AM

My first MAC eyeshadow ever, and it's still one of my favorites! Super pigmented, and a beautiful colour. Complements my pale skin and blue eyes perfectly. Highly recommended!

My first MAC shadow ever! I have hazel green eyes and this shadow made them look so sultry and more noticeable. My mum who has ice/gray colored eyes tried the shadow too and it looked even better against her pale skin and eyes. Anyone who hasn't bought a MAC shadow, try this one, you won't be guilty for the purchase!!

on 7/13/2011 1:22:00 PM

From the permanent line.

This is an orange-toned gold, almost copper. You have to be a fan of the color, because it is very pigmented. That said, it seems really smooth and easy to apply. It's slightly shiny (is shiny the word?) being a veluxe pearl and all of that.
I was a little if-y on buying this, as I thought I would either love it or hate it, but I really, really enjoy this eyeshadow.

If you want inspiration for a good use of it (might have to tone this down) XSparkage's Egyptian Night is just lovely.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Amazing shade of gold with some shimmers of reddish orange. I swear this color is a chameleon, my best friend and I both own this shade and mine looks SO different from her's in the pan. Nevertheless it's an amazing shade,especially for the summer months. I think this is definitely one of those colors that compliments every skin tone and eye color! It's not too over powering! It can be down played by using a dark olive green base underneath or you can play it up by using a golden base (like Buxom's Golden Retriever cream eyeshadow) underneath. You can't go wrong with this color!

on 6/15/2011 11:03:00 AM

Lovely lovely shade. It reminds me of sunset; makes my blue eyes look amazing and I'm sure it'd compliment green eyes just as well. I suppose it's a little more orange than it looks in the pan but is still a beautiful golden shade.
Frost formula; hence it's verrrryyy shimmery but frost finishes are my favourite so that's a bonus for me

Buttery formula, easy to blend and easy to work with. No complaints!
Recently I've been wearing it on the inner two thirds of my lid with a shimmery raspberry pink blended into the outer third and up onto the 'queen' area - reminds me of bollywood, gorgeous vibrant summer look

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I am so impressed by this shade. It makes my green eyes pop and the formula is incredibly smooth, silkly and pigmented. Today I wore it in the crease with Rubenesque paint pot on the lid and Ricepaper to highlight.

I got this today with my Back 2 Mac. I was going to get Antiqued but something about this eyeshadow screams summer. I patted this over Beauty Marked which I was already wearing, Beauty Marked might as well be black... anyways once I put on Amber lights on the center of my lid it was eletric. Totally funky and made my brown eyes look stunning. I guess some say its bronze. I think its peachy/gold...I will try this out on it's own tomorrow. But I feel like this will be a winner in my books.

UPDATE: I've been pairing this eyeshadow with many eyeshadows. I love it with MAC's Greensmoke or Sumptious Olive. It makes my brown eyes look stunning. On it's own I have to admit its just over the top and sadly on it's own looks slightly tacky. I've used this with Woodwink & Bronze, I tend to just pat it on the centre of the lid with my 217 brush or with an angled brush I pat it into the corners of my eyes. If you are really obsessed with makeup & doing different eyeshadows then by all means purchase Amber Lights. But like I said, I won't repurchase because I only use a very small amount each time, I'm sure it will last ages.

on 4/20/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Amber Lights is a beautiful "burnt gold" color with amazing pigmentation. the texture is buttery smooth so it's easy to apply and very blendable. overall, great color and formula!

on 4/12/2011 7:14:00 PM

Goes with Motif perfectly. A great bronze color, with a slight gold to it. I wear it alot as a low light color. I don't go through it as often as I do it's companion, Motif, but it is a very nice color if you wear red, orange or yellow tones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Amber lights is my favorite bronze-y color. Yes, it is more of a coppery bronze, if I pack it on it can look too orange, but I still love it. It helps bring out the golden tones in my brown eyes. I have mac bronze e/s, and although it is a true bronze, I don't find it as flattering to use as an all over wash (too brown), I prefer to use it in the crease with amber lights. This e/s has a nice soft blendable texture, and I've never had any fall out . check it out!