November 28, 2014 | 1486 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Amber Lights

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I got this today with my Back 2 Mac. I was going to get Antiqued but something about this eyeshadow screams summer. I patted this over Beauty Marked which I was already wearing, Beauty Marked might as well be black... anyways once I put on Amber lights on the center of my lid it was eletric. Totally funky and made my brown eyes look stunning. I guess some say its bronze. I think its peachy/gold...I will try this out on it's own tomorrow. But I feel like this will be a winner in my books.

UPDATE: I've been pairing this eyeshadow with many eyeshadows. I love it with MAC's Greensmoke or Sumptious Olive. It makes my brown eyes look stunning. On it's own I have to admit its just over the top and sadly on it's own looks slightly tacky. I've used this with Woodwink & Bronze, I tend to just pat it on the centre of the lid with my 217 brush or with an angled brush I pat it into the corners of my eyes. If you are really obsessed with makeup & doing different eyeshadows then by all means purchase Amber Lights. But like I said, I won't repurchase because I only use a very small amount each time, I'm sure it will last ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amber Lights is a beautiful "burnt gold" color with amazing pigmentation. the texture is buttery smooth so it's easy to apply and very blendable. overall, great color and formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes with Motif perfectly. A great bronze color, with a slight gold to it. I wear it alot as a low light color. I don't go through it as often as I do it's companion, Motif, but it is a very nice color if you wear red, orange or yellow tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amber lights is my favorite bronze-y color. Yes, it is more of a coppery bronze, if I pack it on it can look too orange, but I still love it. It helps bring out the golden tones in my brown eyes. I have mac bronze e/s, and although it is a true bronze, I don't find it as flattering to use as an all over wash (too brown), I prefer to use it in the crease with amber lights. This e/s has a nice soft blendable texture, and I've never had any fall out . check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by elizabeth2279

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amber Lights is one of my favorite MAC shadows for those days that I want to bring a little more attention to my eyes. It does a wonderful job at bringing out the green. Being fairly light skinned I often have a problem with products looking orangey on me, but surprisingly not so with Amber Lights. So for you pale ladies out there, don't immediately write this one off! I can't wait to see how it looks on me this summer when I have a bit more color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by allybee1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The one eyeshadow everyone in the entire world should own. Looks great on every skin tone, especially people with blue eyes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by coco978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a color that would compliment my very light blue eyes and amber lights is an excellent choice.
I would describe the color as a shimmery gold with an orange tone. Orange being a complementary color for blue, this eye shadow makes blue eyes pop so well!! But this color also definitely suits any eye color.

The shadow is super rich / almost creamy so a little goes a long way and it's really easy to get a nice dash of color on your lid.
I usually wear it all over my lid with a nice brown in the outer-V. I also like to apply it on my lower lash line.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:11:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a must-have if you have warm skin or blue eyes. I have warm NC25 skin and I love this for a bronzy eye with Bronze eyeshadow. I also like it over Rule eyeshadow to intensify the orange with some dark brown or black in the outer V to darken. It also looks good with Goldmine, Sumptuous Olive and Steamy. It's a great colour for summer and fall, so try it out if you haven't!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Amber Lights the best! I've even used this as a blush or highlighter in the evening but otherwise it's a great shimmery nude shadow on me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Missmb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, I might have used Amber Lights every day since I bought it. It's so versatile, especially with an eye look using more muted, neutral colors, and it just gives that pop of shimmer and color. It's best used in the outer half of the eyelid and in the crease. I love using it with Dazzlelight and Goldmine, or with a variety of MAC brown eye shadows, paired with Cranberry eye shadow, it just goes with everything. If you're building a basic MAC eye shadow palette, Amber Lights is essential.