December 22, 2014 | 1590 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Amber Lights

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by sinercelywhitkay

Amazing shade of gold with some shimmers of reddish orange. I swear this color is a chameleon, my best friend and I both own this shade and mine looks SO different from her's in the pan. Nevertheless it's an amazing shade,especially for the summer months. I think this is definitely one of those colors that compliments every skin tone and eye color! It's not too over powering! It can be down played by using a dark olive green base underneath or you can play it up by using a golden base (like Buxom's Golden Retriever cream eyeshadow) underneath. You can't go wrong with this color!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by lucylucyhh

Lovely lovely shade. It reminds me of sunset; makes my blue eyes look amazing and I'm sure it'd compliment green eyes just as well. I suppose it's a little more orange than it looks in the pan but is still a beautiful golden shade.
Frost formula; hence it's verrrryyy shimmery but frost finishes are my favourite so that's a bonus for me

Buttery formula, easy to blend and easy to work with. No complaints!
Recently I've been wearing it on the inner two thirds of my lid with a shimmery raspberry pink blended into the outer third and up onto the 'queen' area - reminds me of bollywood, gorgeous vibrant summer look

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so impressed by this shade. It makes my green eyes pop and the formula is incredibly smooth, silkly and pigmented. Today I wore it in the crease with Rubenesque paint pot on the lid and Ricepaper to highlight.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I got this today with my Back 2 Mac. I was going to get Antiqued but something about this eyeshadow screams summer. I patted this over Beauty Marked which I was already wearing, Beauty Marked might as well be black... anyways once I put on Amber lights on the center of my lid it was eletric. Totally funky and made my brown eyes look stunning. I guess some say its bronze. I think its peachy/gold...I will try this out on it's own tomorrow. But I feel like this will be a winner in my books.

UPDATE: I've been pairing this eyeshadow with many eyeshadows. I love it with MAC's Greensmoke or Sumptious Olive. It makes my brown eyes look stunning. On it's own I have to admit its just over the top and sadly on it's own looks slightly tacky. I've used this with Woodwink & Bronze, I tend to just pat it on the centre of the lid with my 217 brush or with an angled brush I pat it into the corners of my eyes. If you are really obsessed with makeup & doing different eyeshadows then by all means purchase Amber Lights. But like I said, I won't repurchase because I only use a very small amount each time, I'm sure it will last ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amber Lights is a beautiful "burnt gold" color with amazing pigmentation. the texture is buttery smooth so it's easy to apply and very blendable. overall, great color and formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes with Motif perfectly. A great bronze color, with a slight gold to it. I wear it alot as a low light color. I don't go through it as often as I do it's companion, Motif, but it is a very nice color if you wear red, orange or yellow tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amber lights is my favorite bronze-y color. Yes, it is more of a coppery bronze, if I pack it on it can look too orange, but I still love it. It helps bring out the golden tones in my brown eyes. I have mac bronze e/s, and although it is a true bronze, I don't find it as flattering to use as an all over wash (too brown), I prefer to use it in the crease with amber lights. This e/s has a nice soft blendable texture, and I've never had any fall out . check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by elizabeth2279

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amber Lights is one of my favorite MAC shadows for those days that I want to bring a little more attention to my eyes. It does a wonderful job at bringing out the green. Being fairly light skinned I often have a problem with products looking orangey on me, but surprisingly not so with Amber Lights. So for you pale ladies out there, don't immediately write this one off! I can't wait to see how it looks on me this summer when I have a bit more color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by allybee1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The one eyeshadow everyone in the entire world should own. Looks great on every skin tone, especially people with blue eyes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by coco978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a color that would compliment my very light blue eyes and amber lights is an excellent choice.
I would describe the color as a shimmery gold with an orange tone. Orange being a complementary color for blue, this eye shadow makes blue eyes pop so well!! But this color also definitely suits any eye color.

The shadow is super rich / almost creamy so a little goes a long way and it's really easy to get a nice dash of color on your lid.
I usually wear it all over my lid with a nice brown in the outer-V. I also like to apply it on my lower lash line.