April 18, 2014 | 1865 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've gone through several bottles of this face wash and while it is a decent face wash, it is rather drying, and it sometimes causes a rash on my neck! It has helped SOME with blackheads and whiteheads, but it's hard to get all the soap off your face, and it can leave your face super dry.

There are some store brand versions of this face wash that I think work much better than the Neutrogena brand. I prefer both the Walgreens and Target versions over the Neutrogena brand. I haven't gotten a rash with either of those.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by 236lex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin but this dried my skin right out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by dianaisabel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW I cant believe all the bad reviews! I love this face wash it really does leave my face feeling fresh and clean! Helps keep acne and oil at bay so i highly recommend this!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Fessyfare

I wish I had read the reviews before I bought this sorry excuse for a face wash. This product broke my face out so bad. Like, worse than it's ever broken out. :( The soap doesn't really lather up. It smells weird. It dries your face out like nobody's business. I definitely wont buy this again. I still have more than half left and I'm throwing it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by alb510

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

BROKE ME OUT!
Tried this stuff out, hoping it would be a cure to my stubborn acne... Exactly the opposite! I bought this face wash thinking "I'll try this out for a couple weeks and see what happens." I didn't last 5 days with it because it turned my skin red and blotchy. I developed new acne on top of the acne I already had!
DO NOT BUY

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product in the morning and at night but it did nothing for my face. I still would get oily and still broke out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Min90

After washing with this, my skin became really tight and dry. I always had to slather on a heap of moisturiser afterwards. This didn't break me out, however it didn't clear my skin either. I always had to remove makeup prior to using it as well, as it couldn't remove it properly on its own.
I also had an issue with the formula - when I first received it, I would only need a half pump's worth to get a good lather. Over time the mixture kept becoming more and more watery, and so I would need several pumps to get even a slight lather. I ended up chucking it out with about a third left. I don't understand why it did this, I checked the lid was on tightly (thinking perhaps water from the shower was leaking in, but no), it must just be the formula... Very frustrating as I didn't get my monies worth.
Overall it is a below average cleanser. I would not repurchase, nor recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Completely dried out my skin. I have very oily but sensitive skin and it was bad. This is marketed as a daily cleanser, it's not. Maybe once a week, but no.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Rachelc123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

completely dries out my skin and not in a good way! and it didnt even clear up the acne and left my skin dry and irritated

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by HairWaves

I had very bad acne at the time I tried using this product, but I don't think it worked very well at all. Maybe if you have more mild acne it would work but for mine it did not.