October 20, 2014 | 1902 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by raviolindia

I love love looooove this foundation so much! It is brillant for any occasion! It's got great coverage and you only need the smallest amount for a full face so it lasts ages! The only downside for me is price, because I live in NZ, it's $90, and that is just too much for me and other my age. But otherwise awesome product!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Brooklynzigzag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So this foundation made me sorta oily and eventually broke me out after two uses. U need to set with powder if u want more long wear. Keep in mind that this is a dewy finish so you arnt going to look matte whatso ever. The only good thing was the colour, the Siberia was my perfect shade, I now use the powder foundation in te same shade and love it

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by lee1908

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I have used! It looks so much like my skin. I have some acne scars that i like to cover and this does a great job. My T-zone is super oily for no reason and it does help with that. I still have to blot my face but not as much. It cost too much not to come with a pump.......

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by getglamgrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my new holy grail foundation! My skin got so dry this past year to the point where it was extremely painful, all of my old favorite foundations would just flake right off my skin! To make matters worse I also have acne-prone skin, and the products for that only dry my skin out more! So behold, NARS sheer glow which I discovered in sephora. I love it because I can build it up to whatever coverage level I need. It doesn't break me out, and with a great moisturizer and exfoliater it stays on my dry skin all day! It only becomes more beautiful and glowy as the day goes on. It also does not make me break out which I love. I currently apply with a sigma f80 brush and am very happy, but I've also enjoyed just using my fingers. Will repurchase and I highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

I wanted to love this SO much :(

I tried the color Ceylan which matched my NC15/NC20 skin perfectly. It has beautiful yellow undertones and applies beautifully.

But.. it slided right of my, not so oily at all, skin. My forhead and the pores next to my nose started to look extremely caky after 1 hour. This makes me so sad cause the finish and color and whole thing is just so beautiful. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by JohannaJeannett

I went in to Sephora and bought this foundation just cause. You know it is always tempting to buy a new foundation. Anyways, I love how this foundation has a yellow undertone, however, it's too yellow. I believe it is medium to full coverage. I have a lot of acne scarring and it seemed to cover everything, however, the foundation pretty much highlighted my pores and my imperfections. I would compare this foundation to Mac's Pro Longwear - TOO heavy. At $45, I had to return it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Color reference- I war Fiji in Nars Sheer Glow, 4.5 in Armani Luminous Silk, Fresco in Estee Lauder Double Wear, NC20 in MAC, 2.5 Luminious Vanilla as my Touche Eclat pen, BR 20 in Touche Eclat foundation, Fairly Medium in Bare Minerals, Warm Ivory in Dermablend Cover Cream.

On to Nars Sheer Glow, the color is spot on for me, but it's not my favorite foundation. I only need a small amount to cover my whole face with the UD Optical Blurring Blush (dab on forehead, cheeks, chin, nose, in that order so smallest amount left is on nose, then go back and dab and buff each area), but I had to do 2 thin layers to get any sort of actual coverage. It does say "sheer" in the name. It looks pretty natural but even with a UD setting spray it doesn't last. I haven't even gone outside in the heat, just hung around the house, and I can already see less coverage on my face and when I touched a tissue to my cheek it came away with foundation on it. It's been about 6 hours (of a/c only time) since I put it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by SilverAngel621

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Great color selection (Barcelona fits my skin tone to perfection)
very buildable, it is sheer to medium but if you want to cover blemishes or dark spots, layering it on will not look cakey at all
no smell, good consistency
no oxidation, eth color you put on will that that color
looks very natural on skin, it doesn't look like "foundation" (you get me?)

Cons:
price, I think its 46 dollars yikes!
if you sweat, it will come off and needs retouching with setting powder every 4-6 hours
tends me break me out if I use it everyday (but keep in mind I'm very acne prone)
no pump (the neck of the bottle is sooooo messy)

So I'm Barcelona in their color section and it fits my skin tone perfectly (I cannot say enough about the color section and it had great yellow undertones), I do have to set it with a powder after but have to retouch it every 4-6 hours. It is definitely not my HG, but for a normal day wear this is a great foundation. I personally use a flat top kabuki brush which helps to minimize appearance of pores and leaves no streaks. I'd buy it again but for now I'm looking at other foundations to meet my needs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have read a lot of reviews before I purchased this and I was amazed once I bought it why this is called Sheer Glow. The package insert says that with continued use this will improve the quality of the skin. The skin will become softer, brighter, and more luminous with continued use. It also gives immediate hydration. So this is why this foundation is called sheer glow because of the benefits it will give the skin which explains why some have broken out or just not worked for a persons skin type because it has skin care ingredients.

I love this foundation and I have Combo skin for the record. Mont Blanc is the perfect match for my skin. In Mac I'm an NW15-20 with very cool undertones. I like this because it does have more yellow then most foundations but it still has pink but that extra dash of yellow in this really neutralizes redness! I apply how the insert says with my fingers pressing it in. I then buff it out with a buffing brush I use RT's one. This is so pigmented and to me I would say you can build this up to about medium coverage or in my case I like it pretty sheer. It just evens everything out and makes my skin look airbrushed. I asked my boyfriend what he thought and he didn't even know I was wearing foundation. So this is very good in my book:)

Price is crazy considering you only get an ounce and no dang pump! I think we all do not like this so hopefully NARS will listen to us and make it standard. I give it this for only an ounce this base is Very pigmented and for my skin which, redness is my main complaint I only need a few drops. I think that is why they say to use your fingers because it warms up and it almost seems to make it more pigmented when I do this. This lasts all day and the fade is a good kind. The kind where my skin just looks nice and glow-y. The finish is very natural not to matte and not shimmery at all. Also this is water based so I like to use a non silicone primer I find it lasts even longer that way.

Fantastic foundation with a great selection, beautiful coverage, and lasts! For the cash it is worth the splurge because I have a few HE foundations to rotate and BB Creams so I won't go through it super fast but when I do run out I will repurchase. Hopefully it will have a pump by then. Hey a girl can dream;) Amazing stuff! Totally Recommended!

Edit: this contains turmeric which is known to help with acne. It is making my skin so soft and clear. If you break out from this it could be from the turmeric so something to keep in mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Simosar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have hormonal acne and also dry skin. I was looking for a foundation that gave me some coverage, but without being either a. too matte and dry OR b. too sheer and lacking coverage. After trying umpteen different foundations with different price tags, I finally settled on this one and I can't see myself ever changing! Although it's labelled as 'sheer' the coverage is buildable. It's worth every cent it costs. I use the 'fiji' tone.

Downside? Packaging is horrid. I cannot fathom why it's not sold in a pump bottle for this price. Instead you get crappy screw top bottle.