NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good luck.

Emphasised my dry patches and I hardly have any, I was also matched for the wrong shade so now I have a $69 bottle of "Punjab" shade just at home to collect dust. The foundation bottle also oxidised which made the foundation turn an ugly orange. Would not recommend. Would not repurchase. However if you do be sure the SA fits you for the right shade (check all lightings!)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a nice foundation, but it provides ZERO coverage. I had a few red cystic acne marks around my chin, and when I went to work and looked in the mirror it looked as though I was wearing absolutely no makeup. It did not cover them at all, even with 2 layers. Also, I am very oily, and this made me an oil slick within 2 hours. I filled up an entire blotting sheet.

A positive is this has not made me break out that I can see, but I don't really see a point in continuing to use this if it doesn't cover or even out my complexion in any way. If you have flawless and perfect skin, this will be a nice addition, but I have BB creams that provide better coverage than this crap. It's like putting a translucent oil veil over your face.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the consistnsy of the foundation medium coverage and is build-able, the lady at Mecca Maxima gave me the wrong shade but I've found a way to work with it. it is very expensive in Australia $72 and a extra $4 for the pump. worth the money only negative is that it clings to my dry patches.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very oily & very acne-prone, NC20-25, neutral-toned, shade:Fiji.
It can go light-med to medium-almost full coverage depending on amount and application. This blends better and looks more skin-like than Sheer Matte. This has a satin-matte finish which really looks like skin, doesn't look like a mask like other foundations. If you get dry patches, use an oil-free moisturizer first.

I dot it on my face with clean fingers, then I use a buffing brush and lightly buff it to hide my pores. It doesn't sit on my skin when I buff it on, it feels like skin. If you are oily like me, lightly buff on an oil-controlling translucent powder on top.

My HG foundation especially for evening, without SPF there is no white cast on photos. It hides redness really well. I get compliments on my smooth and poreless skin when I use this, even when I actually have huge pores on and around my nose. No breakouts, I have been using this for almost a year.

This may be pricey for some but you do not have to use a lot to get good coverage. A pea-sized amount can get you light-med to medium coverage.

This doesn't control oil, but it doesn't make me more oily.
I've tried a lot & I recommend these two translucent powders that are great at controlling oil without looking powdery:
- Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder
- Mac Blot Powder

Why didn't I give this 5stars? They sell the pump separately. The packaging sucks. The bottle is not good for travelling. I brought it on a trip and we flew there by plane. The top of the cap cracked, possibly during the flight (cabin pressure??) and it made a mess in my makeup bag. I'll buy the pump and try it out on my next trip.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Eh.

I am an oily girl with legitimately no dry patches to speak of, yet this emphasized all of my dry patches I never knew I had. It wasn't the worst foundation of all time, but it would require work to wear this daily in my opinion. I did enjoy the finish, but it's extremely 'flaw' flattering so you would have to exfoliate before wearing this almost guaranteed. And of course, due to it's dewy nature this foundation is oil haven which I can't really blame the foundation for as almost all dewy foundations will end up like this.

In my opinion this is very, very similar to L'oreal True match. Personally I haven't heard many people make that claim, but I have really noticed a similar finish and texture in True Match and Sheer Glow.

If I'm ever feeling rich I might consider repurchasing and just wear this on special days where I'm willing to put that skin regime in to make it work, but, it's unlikely. Sorry Nars, you've been disappointing me in every aspect except your blushes lately.

Love it. Great coverage but not cakey or drying in the slightest and it leaves you looking and feeling fresh. Great mixed with luminous silk.

Holy grail for me! So good that I won't try anything else! If it ain't broke why fix it! Perfect amount of build able coverage and looks flawless with or without a primer! Perfect all year round! I am a Mac NW10 and Siberia is a perfect match for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I recently finished my bottle of NARS Sheer Glow, and while I have several other foundations I'd like to use up first, I will buy this again. It made my skin look better and didn't look like a mask. I have a great color match in this foundation, and that's more rare than you'd think. I've given up on many formulas I liked because I didn't have a good match. My shade is neutral, neither too pink nor too yellow. Deauville is perfect for me. For reference, I'm Sand in Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, and Y225 (formerly 117) Marble in MUFE Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation. I have combination skin; some oil in the T-zone, but neither terribly oily nor dry.

PROS:

1. Beautiful shade range of flesh tones (which could be expanded).
2. The finish is not as dewy as the name suggests. It is more of a satin matte.
3. This foundation has a smoothing effect and blurs, rather than emphasizes, minor textural flaws such as large pores or fine lines. My skin looks better with this foundation than with Smashbox Studio Fix, which has a true matte finish.
4. Holds up well on combination skin.

CONS:

1. No pump included; you have to purchase one separately.
2. It's best on normal to slightly oily or slightly dry skin. If you're extremely oily and used to Double Wear, you will likely see more breakthrough shine than you are used to.
3.$45 per ounce is costly, however; it's less expensive than Armani Luminous Silk.

INGREDIENTS:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [+/- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

HG forever and always
I've tried everything from MAC, EL, Giorgio Armani, Laura mercier, Smashbox, Too faced, Chanel I could literally go on and on.

This without a doubt never ever fails me, this with a beauty blender makes my skin look airbrushed, I can build it from light to full coverage if I really wanted to and it never looks cakey!

The colours run a tad yellow but not enough to steer me away.
This is the only foundation I've ever finished bottles of!
If you have combo skin and find you get a bit oily wearing it, try the hourglass mineral veil with it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials