November 24, 2014 | 1356 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Zoejuliana

I'm pretty pale with slight yellow tones. I have an oily t-zone, acne prone skin with some scarring (Wow I sound really attractive)

At first I really loved this foundation, it seemed like the perfect colour and texture. I bought this in Mont Blanc from Space NK. The assistant didn't even try the foundation on me, just said it would be right. I tried to tell her I had more yellow skin but she said my face was more pink - this probably was because I was wearing a foundation which was too pink!! Anyway it was fine for a while but I now feel like it makes my skin look really pale and nasty, almost transparent. I am considering taking it back for a more suitable colour.

I think this foundation will be good for winter as it tends to slide off my face now it's warmer. I probably would not re-purchase as it hasn't been the best foundation.

And off I go to continue my search of the best foundation.

22/09/14
So in the end I decided to repurchase this after getting colour matched to Gobi by a Nars make up artist. This was a much better colour on me. I have been using this for about 2 months and my face has suddenly been breaking out so badly. I haven't changed anything. But it also just looks really awful when on. As I said my t-zone is pretty oily and it would pretty much slide off. If I itched my nose it would cause a crease in the foundation over my nose. It was very patchy and I tried to stay positive about it and keep hoping it would get better.

Then yesterday I was being colour matched for a no7 lipstick and being intrigued by the machine's accuracy I decided to buy the Beautifully Matte foundation on a whim. So far I love it and I am waving goodbye to Nars £30 foundation and hopefully the no7 £13.50 will be my savior!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sadly I found this foundation a huge let down. Having watched multiple reviews on youtube I was sure I was going to fall in love with the stuff. On initial application this foundation looks flawless, a satin almost light powder like finish. I don’t get where the ‘glow’ comes from as this is almost a matte foundation when first applied. Throughout the day this foundation fades, separates and becomes blotchy. I was so embarrassed to be out in public with such a terrible face of foundation! And this happens within 4 hours… powder over the top just makes it look cakey. While I have friends who love this stuff I just don’t get it. It’s supposed to photograph well due to no SPF but I wouldn’t trust this on a night out if you paid me. The worst part? Forking out AUS68 + AUS4 for the non-inclusive pump. Disappointing for a brand I usually adore!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by paisleypunk

This foundation has a truly incredible range of shades for fair skin. I have trouble finding colours that are pale enough for me while not making me look sallow, but Mont Blanc is the closest I've found to a perfect match. The finish looks and feels nice, though it's maybe more matte than you'd expect from something called 'Sheer Glow'.

The biggest downside is definitely the packaging. For a pricetag like that, I really would expect a pump bottle. They do sell one separately, if you're lucky enough to find it, but there's no excuse for not including it with the foundation itself. As it is, it's quite unhygienic unless you use a Q-tip or pour it carefully into your hand, at which point you risk dumping out too much product (and it's far too expensive to waste). It also seemed to settle into the fine lines bracketing my mouth, which I didn't appreciate.

Overall, the coverage and finish were great, and the colour was perfect, but for this amount of money I'd rather look for a bottle with a pump applicator.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by jasminesanghera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It is the perfect coverage, gives such a gorgeous glowy (not shiny) finish and stays on all day. Definitely a must have for me. However, I used this on an everyday basis which I personally think is fine if you sheer it out, but it really does a toll on the skin. I never broke out from it, but I noticed that the more I used this product, the duller my skin looked on its own, making me a little dependent on this product to look good. It's a great foundation, just not good for your own skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by perfectionseeking

So this is my first expensive foundation. I got three different samples that all lasted 5-7 days (Bobbi Brown/NARS Sheer Glow/Makeup Forever). I settled on the NARS Sheer Glow and I absolutely love it.

It lasts way longer throughout the day then any drug store foundation I've bought (and thank god for that since it costs an arm and a leg). I will only touch up at night if I'm going out to a party or something. I never thought this was an issue for me but now I'm very happy to find that I still have coverage on my way home from work.

It doesn't have SPF which is fine with me - I'd rather use a separate one anyways (more safe).

I enjoy the texture of it, I find it goes on really well - and makes my skin look natural and clear. And it doesn't feel heavy on my skin even when I build on more layers of it. I really like that I can wear a thin coat or apply more to cover up stubborn red marks without a problem.

I really hate the bottle, I use a clean q-tip to get it out so it limits the bacteria that can get in there, as well as doesn't spill everywhere when I tip it. I could order a pump for it but that's terribly annoying especially since I paid 55$ for the foundation already (Canadian).

The colour matches my skin very well. Since my skin is a bit more tanned then when I bought it, I add some bronzing gel to the foundation before applying it to my face in order to adjust the colour. Works perfectly without changing the tone too much.

I like the soft glow it gives, it makes your skin look really healthy and moisturized. My chin becomes a bit shiny with it but I just add powder to fix that.

Honestly this product is a life savor. It makes such a great difference to my face. I don't think I'll ever look back..(sadly) the price is worth it. I have much more confidence when I'm wearing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lizgen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the latest foundation that I bought and I would repurchase it because it does feel quite nice on the skin. But to me, the name of the product doesn't really describe the product well. For one thing, the foundation is not sheer but tends more on the medium coverage and secondly, it is not very glowey. It is more "velvety" to me.
It kind of reminds me of the revlon color stay - which is a classic and a great beauty on a budget buy. What I also like with this product is that there isnt that silicony feel which i hate. And also it has no sent to it, which i also love.
The one thing that sucks is the packaging. The cap broke and I had to put scotch tape all over it for the product not to spill in my bag.
To recap, this is a good buy for i believe any kind of skin type, but it sucks if you want to bring it around with you because of the glass bottle and the cheap cap that can easily break. Also, it was't very hydrating for my combination skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. I bought it in Mont Blanc and it's a very close match to my skin tone. The coverage is light yet buildable but I find it kind of rests on top of my skin even when I apply with a foundation brush, a sponge and my fingers. But it does the job and my skin reacts well with it (no breakouts or dryness).

So my beef with the packaging (the bottle is nice, though) is that they sell a pump for the bottle, separately, and it's $8 AND it's impossible to find. I've tried 3 different Sephroras and 2 Bays and they have been out of stock. Even the website said they were out of stock. There a global NARS pump shortage people! Anyway, I waste a TON of product without the pump and it's not cheap!

I might repurchase. I haven't decided yet. I know there's so many other foundations out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Lyssb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So this is my first time writing a review for a product, but I visit this site all the time before I buy products. Let me tell you, this foundation is absolutely AMAZING. To give you a brief history of the foundations I've tried would take me forever. I've tried drugstore brands and many department store brands. This foundation has such a wonderful color selection!! They have multiple yellow undertones to choose from and the coverage is great. Buildable without looking cakey! I apply this with a beauty blender (which I just started using and cannot say anything but amazing things about it!) and it looks flawless. Poreless. And healthy! I was skeptical about the staying power when I first tried this because it's "sheer glow" and I have slightly oily skin. This lasts me a good 8 hrs with a few touch ups in between with my Mac blot powder, which is also great. No breakouts from this, just lovely skin!

THANK YOU NARS!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sheer Glow is sheer gorgeous!!! Love the ease in application, color match and coverage. This is not cakey like others have warned... It is smooth and light.

How I applied it:

1. Put small dot of sheer glow (dime size) on the back of my hand
2. Using a damp beauty blender sponge, I dabbed into the makeup and lightly applied to my face in a stippling motion.
3. You can add more or less depending on your preference for coverage.

I wear the shade deauville and I am fair with neutral undertones. My face can get ruddy so I appreciate the amount of yellow in this product.

I also wear Nars torrid blush and it coordinates well with the foundation shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Cranberrydoesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

DO NOT GET THIS!!!!
I know this foundation is attractive, because of it's brand name and for all the you tubers out there raving about this product, but you must know that this foundation is VERY misleading!

If you have the slightest dry skin, do not get this product. This foundation has the power to cling on to any dry patches you have on your face, however small they are! I have oily skin but the foundation was able to detect a dry patch I did not even realise I had! Not a good look.

This cakes up like NONE OTHER! Not only does the foundation like dry patches, but it also sets quickly into streaks. I have tried the Sigma F40 brush, the Real techniques Buffing Brush, and my fingers but this foundation always looks cakey.

Overall, this foundation is definitely NOT worth the high price! It may look beautiful on video when you see beauty gurus apply it but this is because of the lighting. In person, it looks like you slathered the Sahara Desert on your face with a fork. Do yourself a favour and do not get sucked into the hype like I did. Try it on at a friend's house, somewhere where the lighting will not fool you like in a Nars counter.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No