April 19, 2014 | 1913 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Esmeraldaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Leaves skin flawless and is perfect I you want a Light to medium coverage because it is not cakey! Matches well with skin tones definitely recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Meganeprice

At first I was skeptical to purchase this product. After thinking long and hard debating whether to purchase this product or not, I decided to. I love this product! I use it in Siberia which is the perfect shade for my fair skin. It has a mixture of yellow and pink undertones which is perfect. After using it for a while now, I love it and think it was definitely worth the price! I would highly recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraSlight

I have combination skin and I bought this product a few months ago as I had broke out in lots of little spots on my forehead and chin and the redness on my face was beginning to get worse so I needed a fuller coverage foundation.
I read reviews for this product everywhere, I searched on the Internet and watched tons of YouTube videos until eventually going out and buying it in my nearest space N.K store.
This foundation is not as good as I expected it to be, don't get me wrong the texture and colours are lovely and the foundation goes on nicely, covering every blemish and imperfection but it claims it lasts for hours which I don't agree with as after a few hours at school or work it begins starts to stick to certain areas of my face and slides of my redness, it also highlights any spots and I don't have oily skin but even after powdering my forehead still feels very greasy.
It is a nice foundation at first but does not stay all day and I paid £35 for this product and it definitely isn't worth that amount of money
I won't be repurchasing

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Annelindw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I fell for the hype, when I bought this foundation. Too bad, really. This foundation does not work on my skin at all - which is weird since my skin is not oily or very dry. My skin is in between - in the winter on the more dry side though.

No matter how I apply this foundation, it does simply not do anything good for me - it just sits there in my pores and fine lines and never sinks into the skin. It looks horrible, honestly. I tried applying with brushes and my fingers, but nothing works for me. I gave this foundation so many chances, since I really wanted to like it, but I just can't..

I have it in Siberia, the lightest shade, and it kind of changes color, when I apply it. It appears a lot darker, which sucks, when you're as pale as I am.

I cannot say enough how disappointed I am that this was not the one, considering so many people LOVE it. It was expensive and I wanted to love it, but it is completely worthless and horrible in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nars sheer glow is probably one of the most hyped up foundations of all time. I think the name is quite deceiving actually. There's nothing sheer about this foundation, and it doesn't give you a glow like you would probably think either. I have compared both sheer glow and sheer matte and sheer matte is wayyy to chalky. I have very very oily skin but I do not find sheer glow to be a problem or make my skin oilier. I did buy the $6 pump at sephora which I think is ridiculous. It should absolutely already come with this in my opinion. I did notice however that if you do not blot when you DO become oily, the foundation will separate. Not a big deal just a note to keep blotting paper on you or your foundation will move around. Even with oily skin I do not have to reapply, it does not transfer, etc. It covers discoloration, but does not cover active red spots very well. Basically if your skin isn't flat, this is not enough to cover it. I do really like the finish and feel of this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by emmawwwong

I've been meaning to try this foundation for a very log time and I've finally purchased the bottle in Ceylan although I thought Fiji would've been a closer match to my Chi Chi Super BB Cream which I love.

The sales assistant matched me with Ceylan Light 6 which I find matches me perfect in the Winter but I need to set out to find a shade darker for the summer. I've also purchased the Radiant Tinted Moisturiser int he colour Finland Light 1.

My skin is generally normal and blemish free but sometimes it can turn for the worse and be a tad dry. I don't get oily at all so that's no problem. I like having the minimum amount of makeup on so it doesn't look cakey or like I'm even wearing any.

Packaging looks great, doesn't function too well on the other hand. For $44AUD I would've expected at least a pump and hopefully the lid wouldn't catch and notoriously show up all my fingerprint markings? It's also unsanitary to be pouring foundations ont he back of your hand and then applying it to your face so make sure you keep clean hands!

On application my skin was pre-moisturised and I use the pore refining primer (NARS), I believe the two of these products work in harmony and complement the works of each other.
I liked the coverage, it was medium to high which is easily buildable without caking. For me having normal skin, it wasn't blowy at all, in fact it was a more semi matte on my skin. It was not what I was expecting as it was advertised being suitable for normal to dry skin with a sheer glow. My recommendation is that if you're looking for a foundation with a "sheer glow" and you have normal to dry skin, you should skip this one and move to something with extra hydra boost. I've heard it works very well for people with oily skin but I can't speak on their behalf.

All in all I think that I didn't get what I paid for in terms of quality and it was wrongly advertised. I don't dislike it but it just wasn't what I was looking for at the time and definetly get your hadns on a sample before purchasing a high end foundation like this.

Hope this review helped!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Once again here's another high end foundation that looks great initially but turns oily after several hours. What starts off as a nice subtle glow soon becomes an oil slick on my T-Zone and I'm not particularly oily...oh well, I'll keep trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by greenapple2013

I love this foundation! It gives the most gorgeous glow to your face! It's the perfect foundation for the winter time when your skin looks dull. It's lightweight and feels just like skin. Only downside is that it should come with a pump for the price we're paying!

Please watch my "no makeup" look using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by darkangel13

After having NARS Sheer Glow for almost a year I think I can give this foundation a fair review now that I am no longer under the spell that we sometimes get when we buy a new product especially an expensive one.
There are a lot of people that talk about this foundation like its the best thing since sliced bread and to be honest I was one of them until I had it for awhile and started to notice it's flaws. Here's a breakdown:

Pros:
- Amazing, gorgeous, curiously skin-mimicking finish (it's best selling point imo)
- Customizable and buildable coverage
- Creamy consistency and easily blendable
- Bloody brilliant shade range (even though Gobi was a tad too pale for me and Deaville was a smidge too yellow)
- Seems to make your natural skin appear clearer and brighter after using it
- Perfect for special occasions, dates,birthdays, anniversaries etc.
- Luxurious packaging with glass bottle

CONS:
- Not long-wearing (only looks good for a couple hours before it starts fading and looking patchy)
- Clings onto dry patches ( I thought it was marketed for normal to dry skin types?)
- High maintenance (requires a lot of "prepping" i.e moisturizer, primer, setting powder, setting spray)
- Doesn't bode well with really cold or really hot weather (will either make you look like a scaly lizard or an oil slick)
- Transfers easily (on my cellphone screen, yuck!)
- Doesnt make my skin look as good in photos as it does in person (exacerbates little flaws)
- No pump (seriously wtf Nars)
- Expensive

Overall it is my favorite high end foundation but it isn't perfect like some claim it to be. For day-to-day use I opt for other foundations because this one is kind of a princess to deal with basically for a really pretty finish.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edmonton has dried my skin out a lot, and since I have sensitive skin and all, I decided to go on a little foundation hunt.

This is one of The Most hyped luxury makeup on this planet and I'd always been reluctant to try it. Until, of course, I ended up with a combo/slightly dry skin.

The name is self explanatory. One layer gives you a light to medium coverage that blurs our minor imperfections and leaves you with a natural sheen that shouldn't be raising red flags even for those with oilier skin. Two layers on blemishes and voila, you are left with a airbrushed skin that will last for maybe five hours.

Yeah, the only gripe I have with this little gem is the staying power. My t-zone doesn't seem to want to keep this for longer than half my lectures, which is pretty much eight hours.

Lovely if you have normal to dry skin.