NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 12/26/2014 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my very favorite foundations. I find myself returning to it time and time again. I can wear a couple different shades. The coverage is just perfect. Light and natural. Looks like I am literally applying a new layer of skin. It glows without having any shimmer and is dewy but never greasy. I get compliments all the time that my skin looks flawless and airbrushed when in reality it is this foundation. It is lightweight and blends effortlessly. My only complaint is the packaging. I wish it had a pump top like the testers do. I somehow splash foundation everywhere. It is splattered all over my vanity when I simply put my finger on the opening and turn it over. Wonderful nonetheless.

on 12/26/2014 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not too thrilled with this product. It may be because I do use an f-80, and I've heard it's formulated to use with your figures. I'm on my second bottle(couldn't decide what to go with when I ran out), it's a bit streaky and patchy, no matter how much I moisturize or prime, it just doesn't work for me.

on 12/21/2014 6:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

My new hg foundation! Medium plus coverage yet doesn't look or feel heavy at all. Excellent color match (for me NW20=MontBlanc). Applies and blends easily with my UD Optical Blurring brush. Long lasting. Wish pump was included (had to order it seperately) but that's my only complaint.

on 12/19/2014 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I still don't know why I haven't returned this. I guess it is the influence of MUA and all the favorable reviews. I go on thinking that I am doing something wrong. So here is my experience: I have dry to combo skin, but I have never managed to wear this without it separating on my skin. It always just cracks and lets the underneath skin show/shine through, while caking in other spots. Maybe my skin is much more combo than I thought. Too dry in some places, too oily for this in others.
Don't get me wrong, this does look good for a while. But I cannot trust it and I do not like that feeling. My skin is too dry for powders, but I have tried to combine this with powder. And I have tried a few primers. No success yet. Most likely I just haven't found the right primer to make this work. But I am not sure how much more to invest jut trying to make this work. There are plenty of trustworthy foundations out there, that you can rub your nose or get oily, and that will never look as bad as this one does when it goes wrong. I hate "high maintenance" foundations that will only look good if all the conditions are perfect.

on 12/18/2014 6:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

When they say 'sheer glow' they don't mean the foundation is sheer with a nice dewy finish. It means the foundation has a sheer light dewiness.

Don't get confused. This foundation is medium buildable to full. I absolutely love this foundation! It gave me such a nice coverage and finish and works the best with hourglass veil primer.

I have pale skin on my face and everytime you match my skin you would pick like a light foundation which makes my face look pale which I hate. But this one, I found the perfect shade that matches my skin colour without looking pale. The coverage is alright, I haven't tried it in winter but in summer the sides of my nose (on the cheek area) gets oily (ONLY that area. I had struggle with very dry skin) and after a day it breaks down only on the corner of my nose and it happens with usually all my foundation when its hot. I wore this to Bondi beach in a hot weather.

But with the hourglass primer I last a lot longer and better finish! The thing a lot of people complain is that it doesn't come with a pump but with a high price ($54~ au I think)

I use this with a buffing brush and prefer it over a sponge. It seems to soak into the sponge and enhance the dry areas because it soaks all the moisture from the foundation and leaving pigment only. Even though its for dry skin I still would recommend having a very moisturised faced and a good primer.

The big problem is I think its breaking me out. I cant be too sure because during the summer my skin started acting up but it seems to start breaking out on the cheeks near my pores where it gets oily. I think it clogs that area. I stopped using it and haven't seem to experience that tiny breakout but I think its because of the oily area , the only area it breaks out is the area I get oily. I think in winter when I stop being oily I should work fine but I recommend a sample to test out because there are few people who complain about the break out. If only it doesn't break me out I would call it my holy grail easily.

on 12/18/2014 6:53:00 AM

I've only had this a few days but it seems to be drying my skin out so bad. And it's not sheer, or glowy. And don't even get me started on the fact it doesn't have a pump

on 12/16/2014 3:24:00 PM

I have very fair skin and struggle to find a foundation that will match my skin tone. When my MAC Studio Fix in NW10 ran out, I didn't want to repurchase it because I felt that it was too dark, so I decided to try NARS, and tried out the Sheer Glow foundation in the lightest shade, Siberia. At first, I liked this foundation as I liked the finish and the color seemed like it was a better match than the MAC one (although now I think it was too yellow toned), but since then my opinion has changed and I can honestly say this is the worst foundation I have ever tried! It was very expensive for a start, at £31.00, and didn't come with a pump - which I know is not uncommon but if I'm paying that much for the foundation in the first place surely it should include something as simple as a pump?! I also find the lasting power on this foundation to be very poor - at first I thought that it was my moisturizer that was making my foundation literally slide off my face, but I tried it on bare skin and the same thing happened - bearing on mind that my skin is not actually oily and is more dry. Applying it with a brush is difficult in my opinion as it moves around too much and instead I have to use a Beauty Blender. This is very disappointing to see such a poor product from such a good brand, and in fact if this had been the first product that I had tried from NARS, I think I would have been put off buying anything else. Don't do it!!!

on 12/15/2014 4:13:00 PM

I'm using a luxury sample (glass vial with plastic applicator in cap) for more than ten times now. The SA matched my mac nc 20/25 skin with Santa Fe and that works perfectly. Texture is runny but smooth to apply, the tiny applicator proves exactly the right amount with just 1 dib, dries up to a medium coverage with satin-matte finish and lasts very well. I would call this a balancing fdt because it doesn't cause dry patches and it matifies better than other products I've used. I didn't expect to love this fdt but I find myself using the sample so much that I will purchase this asap. New HG! Other fdt that I recently bought and loved - not as much as this one): by Terry Cover Expert (difficult cover match, drier texture and so pricey), L'Oreal Eau de Teint (less coverage, no oil control, horrible packaging, good cheap alternative), Erborian BB Light (very light colour, good coverage, bit mask-like/cakey: needs more work but great base), Estee Lauder double wear new formula (oxidizes, dry texture that accentuates fine lines, used to love this but now find it very blah).

on 12/15/2014 3:08:00 AM

Nars Sheer Glow seemed to be everyone's HG foundation and needless to say suitable for a dry skin type (like mine) so once my Bourjois Healthy Mix was running low I figured why not to try Nars?

I am so happy that I actually never bought it. And here is why - if you have an eye on this foundation, ask for a sample size to try first. Because when I first applied it - I was in love. My skin looked perfected, the color matched me perfectly and I looked polished up!

However the word "sheer" might be a bit misleading here. This product is not sheer at all, but gives a good medium coverage straight away. You can sheer it out, but that's not my main concern. The reason why I never bought this product was because it felt too heavy and mask-like on my skin after 2-3 hours of wearing it. I literally wanted to wash it off. My pores widened as well and even though I am as dry as Sahara desert - the Tzone looked shinier than ever.

It is a bit of a shame because the color match was amazing. Yet the entire idea of spending a lot of cash on it + buying a separate pump (ridiculous) and feeling like my skin can't breathe underneath was scary.

You can find a proper description and first impression of Nars Sheer Glow in the post below, I believe it is better to give it a good research and collect opinions before buying it.

on 12/13/2014 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have only just recently used this foundation, so the following are my first impressions of it. I have been on the hunt for my HG foundation for as long as I started wearing foundation. I've had a few hits and more misses, but this is my current HG (along with Dior's Airflash, which is heaven-sent), meeting all the needs I have out of a foundation.

Pros
- Great coverage - a little actually really does go a long way!!
- Coverage that actually lasts
- Good color selection - I'm using Mont Blanc. I think that a Mont Blanc & Siberia mix (the 2 lightest shades) is my ideal color match.
- Not drying. You don't really feel that the foundation is there, as I have felt at times this winter with MUFE matte foundation.
- Great finish - not matte, not dewy, perfect inbetween

Cons
- I'm sure I'll come up with some as I continue to use this foundation longer

Comparisons
- Much prefer this to MakeupForever foundations - the MUFE ones tend to be quite drying
- Better color match/selection than most foundations (Dior, Guerlain, Chanel, etc)

Overall, I am extremely (happily) surprised by how well this foundation held up throughout the day, its coverage, and color match.

Video Reviews & Tutorials