December 20, 2014 | 1766 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Triple Nutrition Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by squirrelsatemyramen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THE OLD, SILICONE-FREE PRODUCT. I WILL NO LONGER BE REPURCHASING THIS CONDITIONER NOW THAT IT CONTAINS SILICONE.

This is my other favorite conditioner next to Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. The moisturizing properties of this stuff are on par with the AOHR while the lower price makes it a great cheaper alternative. Not only is this stuff great as a general moisturizing conditioner, it is good for cleansing in my CO routine and for mixing up in DIY deep treatments as well as a leave-in. It does make my hair feel kind of odd when it is air drying, but my hair feels lightly oiled and protected when completely dry. Despite the thick, creamy texture my hair is still very fluffy (but frizz-free). A definite Holy Grail for my mane of straight, fine, and very thick hair.

PROS:
- Affordable
- Easy to find
- Can be bought in a large 25 oz bottle
- Gives great moisture, shine, and softness; my hair is practically tangle-free when I use this
- Does not weigh my finely-textured hair down
- Keeps most frizz at bay
- Thick, creamy consistency; easy to distribute throughout hair
- Great slip; makes hair very easy to detangle
- Silicone-free
- Great for use as a CO cleanser
- Great for use as a leave-in (I use a 50 cent piece sized dollop)
- Great as a deep treatment
- Leaves dry hair feeling lightly oiled and protected
- Contains avocado, olive, and shea oils

NEUTRAL:
- Some dislike the packaging because the bottle can be hard to open sometimes and the bottle may get slippery
- May be too heavy for some hair types

CONS:
- Contains some not so natural ingredients
- The scent is a bit strong and perfumey

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by arnaki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess although I need moisture and conditioning, my hair does not respond well to THICK conditioner. That combined with the disgusting smell of apples made me take the time to return it to Target. I like VO5's Strawberry shampoo and conditioner better but I like the "slippery" and thin formulas rather than thick and sticky.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by amcarter62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing conditioner for dry, curly hair! I can't say enough about how good this is! without it my hair never looks as good. I've repurchased it at least 15 times, maybe more

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This probably in the long run is whats best for your hair and isn't chemical filled for a quick fix. I had high expectations for this conditioner considering all the good stuff it has in it, however it wasn't anything spectacular like I thought it would be which honeslty makes no sense because it has so many good stuff in it.

So with that said, this must be something good for your hair in the long run because the only thing I did notice with this conditioner that I used up, was it made my hair grow fast.

Which in my case isn't a good thing, lol.
I just had my hair dyed (not box dyed) and just started using this conditioner.

I went from Dark Brown to a Dark Golden Blonde and my hair is naturally Black. Well within 2 wks my roots had started to show already! My black roots.. In other words meaning, my hair was growing super fast.

Usually it takes a month for my roots to even slightly grow out.

So I wouldn't buy this again cause I regularly dye my hair and really don't need my hair growing fast I can't stand the whole roots are different color than your entire head look.

I would recommend this to someone who doesn't dye their hair regularly, looking for a natural conditioner, and especially someone looking to grow their hair out.

I give it 3 lippies, considering it doesn't do nothing for shine or softness it just helps your hair grow out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Tsumaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Freaking bajezus this stuff is awesome! Love that it is all natural! Please Garnier don't change a thing! My hair doesn't do so well with dimethicone and I'm uber sensitive to parabens and any other chemicals make my eczema freak out....so finding this was a godsend. It is super cheap and it actually works and makes my hair so silky, and shiny, and smooth. However, I really wouldn't recommend this for actually damaged hair. I have thin hair and this doesn't weigh it down or make it extra oily. It was just right :3
Pretty HG worthy for me~
*knocks on wood* >-<

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by jennibell72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This conditioner is awesome. It is very moisturizing but does not weigh my hair down. You also can't beat the price. I am already on my third bottle. I always have good luck with products I buy from this brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by BelleBonsua

Favorite conditioner of all time. I have long curly wavy hair. Its always extremely dry and frizzy. I never get layers done in my hair because my ends dry out so quickly. Other drugstore conditioners detangle in the shower but when your hair dries it is strawlike and coated with silicones. This conditioner is 2 bucks and has no silicones. My hair is detangled, moisturised and soft... And it stays that way! Ive tried loreals natures therapy mega moisture which has rave reviews which i dont agree with. Natures therapy practically has rubbing alcohol in it which dries hair beyond all reason. This works better than a silicone filled cond that dries out hair over time. The ends of my hair arent so frayed anymore they actually are smooth and together. Try it its cheap, healthier and effective:)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Noni911

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very long, wavy hair that has never been dyed an only very rarely touched with heat implements. This conditioner is all I use to wash my hair (I CO aka no-poo wash). My hair isn't very dry or damaged, which is what the bottle says this conditioner is for. This probably is not going to leave severely heat-damaged hair or brush-abused curly hair any more manageable. It's wonderful for moisture-starved hair, but it won't make roughed-up hair feel smoother.

It won't give as much slip as silicone-based conditioners as it contains no silicones. This conditioner is better for moisture than for ease of detangling. That's not a problem at all for me, despite the fact that my hair is not naturally very slippery; it may be a problem for others. It may need to be followed up with another conditioner that gives more slip if the hair in question is indeed very dry, damaged or otherwise hard to detangle. Don't use sparingly. This conditioner definitely works best on wavy to curly hair that responds well to oils. If my experience is any indication, Triple Nutrition will encourage the curl in wavy or curly hair with repeated use. When using this conditioner it may be best to detangle with a comb or fingers in the shower when you hair is saturated with conditioner and has just a little extra water added to it. May be too heavy for straight hair.

My scalp tends get oily scaling on it. It has since before I started using this conditioner. No shampoo has ever taken off that scaling as well as this conditioner has with a little massaging and time to work. I can no longer scratch oily hunks off my scalp right after showering like I could when I used shampoo - and thoroughly massaged that shampoo into my scalp. It would be worth having just for that.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This was better than the shampoo, which left my hair feeling disgusting. I could only use it on my ends, and it didn't even moisturize them. The line seemed so hopeless. Didn't work on dry, processed hair, and it doesn't work on healthy, virgin hair either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Never once have I been able to take a comb through my wet/damp, excessively coarse and overbearingly thick hair- until now. I'll give you a little back ground: I am bi-racial, my hair is about 7 months post-relaxer, color treated, and I've been increasingly interested in retaining my hair growth and making my hair as long and silky as possible. Even though my hair is already mid-back length, I face a rather difficult dilemma that makes caring for my hair very trifling- somehow or another my scalp stays very dry and flaky, the hair very close to the scalp gets excessively oily, and the ends of my hair stay drier than the Sahara. I saw the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition line at my local grocery store after running out of my most recent shampoo and conditioner (Herbal Essences None of Your Frizzness, for reference) and found myself standing there for a good while debating over the ingredients on the back. Ah, yes, oils. Olive oil, Avocado oil, and Shea butter! Oh, how oils do wonders for my parched disgruntle hair! I didn't purchase these right away but did later on in the week during a trip to Walmart after some research. I purchased both the shampoo and conditioner, then crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. To be honest, the first time I used these, I didn't notice a real difference in my hair in comparison to the Herbal Essences duo I'd been using. I was a little dissappointed, but when I made the decision to do my first ever co-wash I used just this conditioner and was astonished at the result. I could pull a regular comb (actually a big no-no for thick hair, but I didn't have a wide toothed comb with me) through my damp/wet hair with minimal hassle or tug and almost no shedding at all. I proceeded to moisturize/seal my hair then rolled it. When I took my rollers out later that day, I noticed that majority of my split ends had been sealed off and were hard to pick out in a large section of hair. The ends of my hair no longer had that slightly ashen, dry, mummified look to them. The entire length of my hair was so unbelievably soft and moisturized! I can't wait to try the rest of the Triple Nutrition line!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No