April 17, 2014 | 1817 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Complexion Perfection

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I am in love with the packaging, its so slim and the mirrors huge. The powder itself is ok I use it to set my powder from time to time.what I like about this powder is it doesn't give you a cakey look which no one likes. I don't know what it is but I'm not really crazy about this powder. I know you want to go . I'll try to update this again when i figure out what it is i don't like about it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i use this after i use primer and before i apply foundation, so i find this a great product. and i dont need to worry about looking ghostly or ashy!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by taraarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SO WORTH IT! Gives a sort of white cast, but like Revlon PhotoReady Translucent powder. I'm so happy with this purchase, the packaging is great and you get SO MUCH product for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

What it is: pressed sheer powder
- - -
Pros - very affordable (3.00). slim packaging. works well with oily skin. Not chalky or powdery nor does it look cakey or like you're obviously wearing make up. Compact comes with mirror.
- - -
Cons - nothing.
- - -
Over all - such a steal at 3.00. Like other users have mentioned - this powder applies sheer i.e. - if you're looking for something to provide coverage this is not the powder for you. This powder is perfect for setting foundation or absorbing oil. Will re purchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Nymphette89

LOVE IT!!! I use for setting my foundation! I have use it with all my foundation and have no problems with it! I think it keeps my oil at bay! I don't think it goes totally translucent! It does have some color, in the sence that you do see the blue! Which super light blue! After u put on your blush and highlight! You don't see it!
Over all, I love this to set my foundation! Keeps oil at bay!
Down fall, not completed translucent!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jujumasta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! It perfectly mattes my face to remove the sheen I get in my T-zone and evens out the skin color across all of my face. The application is really quick so it is my current go-to face product in the morning and it doesn't make me look chalky (although I suspect it would make darker skin tones look kinda gray). For $3, it is worth it!

Definitely moisturize beforehand, because it does not look good on dry flakes of skin! I'm just sad that it has talc in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Charlin

Wow! I have tried SO many powders, Laura Mercier, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Shiseido and many others including pharmacy brands and they have all been ok but nothing special. I was so shocked to see how good this was. It mattifies and perfects my skin, covering pores, discolourations, red spider veins and oily patches. It doesn't 'grab' onto dry areas either. I apply with ELF's Studio Line Powder brush (the flat topped black one) and it looks fantastic. I don't know how it works with other brushes though. My skin is flawless and fresh looking and best of all, it doesn't break me out in spots unlike most other brands. I hope they never stop making this one! The other benefit is that it's dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an HG product for me. I have extremely fair skin, so I'm not sure how well this product would work on med skin tones and darker, I can only speak from my experience. After I apply my foundation, I take a small fluffy brush and dust the yellow powder under my eyes. My dark circles aren't too bad most of the time, so a layer of foundationand then the yellow powder takes care of it. I then use the same brush swirled in the green powder around my noise and on my chin, and bam, redness gone. Finally I take a larger powder brush and use all of the colors together all over my face. It evens everything out beautify and makes my slightly dewy foundation matte, but not powdery. I take it with me for touch ups as needed. Possibly the best $3 one ever spent. Seriously.

Don't expect this to be some miracle concealer, because it's not. But used over my medium coverage foundation, it really evens everything out nicely.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I also bought this product expecting very little, however I heard great things about it and I thought for $3 it was worth the shot. I am naturally very fair and I expected this to make my skin look chalky and pale. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it gave that smooth flawless look to my skin! It was the furthest thing from chalky or overly powdery. This powder is great for touching up oilyness or shine throughout the day. I just sweep this anywhere I look a little shiny and my makeup instantly looks like it did at the beginning of the day. There are some E.L.F. products that definitely fall under the category of "you get what you pay for" but this is not one of them!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Sammygurl11

I love this product! It's only 3 dollars at the drugstore which is great for any ones budget. This is great to just dust on your face for a little bit more of a flawless finish but not a lot of heavy coverage. The different colors in the powder help reduce redness or dark circles under your eyes. This is not good for you if your looking for a heavy coverage product! Also you can set your makeup with this for a matte effect and it will also keep your makeup on longer! I I love this product and would highly recommend it!