October 22, 2014 | 1636 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - MAC - Studio Moisture Tint SPF15 [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Grac13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim as I'd received a multitude of gift cards for my birthday and I have to say there's nothing really special about this product. Coverage is VERY sheer to the point of being non-existent and the formula is not very moisturizing. The only good thing seems to be the SPF it contains and it doesn't leave that awful shiny face look you get from most tinted moisturizers. I've tried it on its own, which tends to leave my skin dry and over moisturizer which is ok. The only good things I'd have to say about it, is that it hasn't broken me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 6:51:00 AM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I pulled this out of my make up bag the other day. I love this! I put one covering on then another...just to give a little bit more coverage as its only a tinited moisturizer. I find if I used a really good exfolitator (I love Lush love lettuce) which helps give my skin a glow. This TM gives your skin a fresh glow and looks so lovely.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by leahrenae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is ok. The color selection isn't that great, which is the greatest con. Women of color may have a hard time finding a good match. Despite that, it works well. Blends nicely and fortunately for me, the color is a decent match (dark, I'm an nc44).

After trying NARS and Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers, once it's out, I won't be purchasing this again (even though I have a Pro discount).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by lsquires12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first MAC product I tried after hearing rave reviews about their products. I went to the MAC counter and told the saleswoman that I was looking for a medium-coverage foundation. I don't remember what she used on me first, but when I looked in the mirror, I looked like I was wearing a mask. I guess "medium" is a relative term, and I concluded that MAC foundations in general are very full-coverage, at least compared to what I'm used to. Anyway, the saleswoman told me that the only product they had with lighter coverage was the tinted moisturizer, so I tried that, along with one of their primers. It looked pretty good, so I went ahead and purchased both products. I was very happy with how my face looked throughout the rest of the day. However, after patting my skin with water that evening as I was preparing to wash my face, I looked in the mirror and, to my horror, saw the foundation literally running down my face in rivulets. It's safe to say that there is absolutely no way it would withstand sweating, swimming, rain, snow, etc., so I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by maloneyxo

I'm a big fan of MAC anyway and I pretty much swear by this product. My skin has a tendency to break out if I wear a heavy foundation, so I always stick to tinted moisturisers and this has been the best I've tried. It's easy to blend and apply and leaves quite a matte finish, which is important to me as with 'glowy' products my skin tends to end up looking oily a couple of hours after application. I think the price is reasonable and a bottle does last a long time - you don't need to apply much of the product as it gives better coverage than other tinted moisturisers.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by pecrima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Short Review: Crap, Don't buy it.

Longer Review: i've always had terrible skin, with breakouts and pimples being a 24/7/365 thing. three years ago i decided to start wearing something on my face to cover the shame and bought this along with the select cover-up concealer and for three years i lived with crappy skin that looked less crappy than it was. a month ago i decided to jump into the nars pure radiant tinted moisturizer bandwagon and kissed goodbye my long beloved beauty weapon. and to my surprise within two days of not using it (still putting stuff on my face of course) my pimples cleared completely and have since not gotten a single pimple. my face is in the process of clearing up from the acne scars and i have never since i was 14 been happier with the way my face looked.

i give this moisturizer two stars because along with the nars TM i also got a glycolic acid gel so i cant fully attribute the lack of pimples to the lack of use of the MAC TM. But if you can, just save a little more and buy something of better quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very lucky in that I have good skin so don't need to wear foundation. But sometimes I want to wear something just to give me a nice even tone and sheer skin and this is perfect! Its matched perfectly to my skin tone, (I have Indian skin) and it goes on smoothly. It is the first tinted moisturiser I have bought so I don't have much to compare it too. I do think for £20 it is way too expensive, but you only need a little bit of product and it lasts for ages. I would like to try other brands, but you can never go wrong with MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I liked this tinted moisturiser, wouldn't rave about it being the best product ever but I liked it and it pretty much did what it was supposed to. It was a reasonable priced and went on fine. This is a pretty light coverage as you would expect and looked good on a summer day, not like you had a mask on/ridiculously made up. I bought this specifically for holiday for the SPF and to try and look reasonable while out in the hot sun. The SPF did a fair job, but I did end up a little burnt a couple of times - though pinky rather than lobster and peely!! I think I should have been reapplying this throughout the day to solve this. I did end up quite shiny, I'm never sure if you can blot/put powder over these and not affect the SPF?! Hmmm something to investigate I think...
    This is better by miles than the Benefit You Rebel which is the only other tinted moisturiser that I've used. I would consider buying this again for deffo but plan to try the NARS one next, then Laura Mercier. Then I'll be buying the best out of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by littlelambmary

I love this! My skin looks flawless with this and it will definitely hide some hyper-pigmentations. It's best to use with a brush and finishing it with a mineral veil or powder so it looks natural and healthy! It stays on longer than i imagined and would look even more natural as hours went by. :) it does not cause breakouts or any reaction to my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by afrakanpearl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so disappointed in this product. First of all, the color selection is very limited. I got the darkest color thinking it would match. When I looked at myself in the mirror the red undertone did not match me at all. People kept asking me if went tanning. Secondly it made me super oily. To the point where I had to blot my face several times during the day. understand it's a moisturizer, but i feel like it doesn't absorb properly into my skin. I literally looked like I rubbed grease all over my face....not attractive. I will be returning this product ASAP. I can definitely find better use for my $30.00.