November 25, 2014 | 1817 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My shade is medium beige #335. I find that the product consistency is too dry and settles into every fine line. It has good coverage (very easily conceals dark undereyes), but isn't good for those of us with creping skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by seapea69

I'm always on the hunt for a good concealer...the color was good but the price was not great. Too much $$$ for little product. What makes it HD? I have no idea...sale gimmick I guess.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by renaphuah

i would like to "love" this product as i am a fan of the HD range. the SA insisted that this will work on scars ad blemishes. the applicator needs improvement and the most disappointing thing is, the colour oxidized after a few minutes on my skin and turned orangey. returned it and i went to get my backup concelear - MAC Studio Finish Concealer, which I have used a couple of times, at least the colour does not oxidized.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Edit: Still in love with this concealer! Now I have stopped using all other concealers and only use this one! Does not oxidize like Full Cover and I find this one to cover more than Full Cover and this stays on all day and never changes color!

Original review:

For reference, I am MAC NW15 and BB Porcelain.

I have the following concealers that I compared this to: LM Secret Camouflage, all MAC concealers, Bobbi Brown blemish cover stick, Clinique airbrush concealer, YSL touche eclat and LM Undercover Pot.

I LOVE THIS CONCEALER!.... What I love the most is the unique texture of this concealer. It is not too greasy (BB, MAC Studi Sculpt), not too dry (LM) and it is not runny (Clinique, YSL).

I hardly use this word, love, for products but if I had to pick one concealer for the rest of my life, this would be it!

This is such a multi-use product and the silicone applicator is so nice. It is soft, get the product out and you SEE WHEN THE PRODUCT IS ABOUT TO COME OUT AND COMING OUT!!! I always click too often on other click-concealers and waste product but not with this one.

The colors to choose from are just amazing for my porcelain skin and this makes me pretty in seconds.... Use it under eyes, on spots, dark spots, scars, acne... name it! It conceals everything!

This does not break me out.

If I am in a hurry, I only use this concealer for everything and I am ready to go!

This and Full Cover are by far the best concealers out there IMO!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst! Terrible! Gave me blackheads and renewed my dying pimples, no my face looks life rocky road ice cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm very happy with this purchase. i have all kinds of concealers (most to target under-eye darkness since I don't get blemishes) so my concealers have to be hydrating enough for under-eye wear. I've got Cle de Peau, and it's OK. I don't really get the hype. I like Hard Candy Glamoflage a lot- it just goes a LONG way! You really can over-do it easily if you're not careful. I'm a fan of HC's tho. This one is a lighter version of HC's Glamoflage- it blends pretty well, and covers pretty nicely as well! No complaints. I have this in #305- I'm pretty fair, naturally. Cool, blonde, blue eyed... it seems to be a good color choice for me. Maybe a tiny bit lighter than my skintone but with under-eye concealer, this is uaually desired. The silicone dispensing end is not something that many people would actually USE to apply/blend, so I don't really understand why they designed it that way. Whatever, I'm not complaining, it's just "different". This really does leave my under-eye area with a soft-focus finish and I like how it blends fairly effortlessly (as long as you prime with moisturizer before using)... UPDATE- I really do love this concealer- it REALLY brightens up my under-eye darkness, and so smooth! Looks like perfection :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by nuroule24

I love love this concealer! Texture is perfect for under eye circles. Doesn't settle into lines nor gives a cakey look. Looks totally natural n doesn't look whitish in photos. Can wear it alone without foundation. I hate the packaging. Wonder why they invented it that way since its not convenient at all. Product hardens at the top of the tube and will end up as wastage as we gotta squeeze it out for the concealer to come out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Pro: Absolutely fantastic concealer.

Con: The applicator is so bad that it far outweighs the fabulousness of the concealer. I had it applied at Sephora, and the SA used a brush. I didn't see the applicator, and she (understandably) didn't tell me about it. I got it home, cracked it open the next day, and stared at a clear silicone flipper-thing that reminded me of a platypus. Figured out how to work it--or so I thought--and ended up with a TON of expensive concealer all over my hands. It's extremely hard to see the concealer as it comes out of the tip! Tried it the next day, and got pretty much the same result. It went back to Sephora this afternoon. Too bad, because it worked really well.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

A M A Z I N G concealer. I swear. I bought it in the shade 355, which is a PERFECT match for my skintone. For shade reference, I wear Bobbi Brown's Stick Foundation in 5.5 Warm Honey, which matches me pretty well. MAC's NC45 is a little too orange for me. If i would shade-match myself, i'd probably be NC44. If this concealer (in this exact shade) were to come in a full-size foundation bottle, that would be a dream come true!

Texture: Goes on like a dream. Smooth, super-blendable, melts into your skin and blurs out any pores or fine lines you have, doesnt crease that much in the under-eye area.

Coverage: This isnt a full coverage concealer. I would say medium. If you're looking to cover scars, this is not for you.

Photography: Takes AMAZING photos due to its light-reflecting, blurring properties. Photoshopping is not needed at all, i SWEAR. It is truly HD. The particles are so fine, like i said, it melts into your skin.

Lasting power: I don't set it, i prefer the dewy finish. Lasts me a few hours. If you set it, it would probably last you more.

Packaging: Eurgh. ENough said. The rubber tip thing clogs like a sewer. I waste SO MUCH product trying to de-clog it. And you don't get much product in the first place. The amount you get in the container is really really teeny. I used it up in a month.

Price: SUPER EXPENSIVE. I bought it here in Sephora Singapore for a ridiculous amount of S$52. Yes. Thats US$43. Ridiculously jacked up. Pfft. But i bought it coz the product, is at the top of its game. There is NOTHING like this out there in the market.

If this comes in a foundation form with the same product and shade, it would be my HG foundation. I'll sing to the heavens. If you are NC44, give this a go. You might just fall in love with this =)

EDIT: I've gotten lighter - NC43 now, and shade 345 matches me better, although its a tad bit lighter initially, it oxidises to a really nice shade. It does crease if you apply too much and don't set it i've realised. When i had the 355, it didn't crease as much. Maybe the formulation has changed. But i still love the colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by blyss

Overview:
For me, this concealer is better than average. If I could give it a 3.5, I woudl. It has good coverage, it does not break me out, it lasts a whole business day, and I like how it's quite hygenic (pen dispenser). There are some negatives though. The price is ridiculous for the amount you get and the shades are disappointing considering how many they have for their HD foundations.

My Skin:
I'm combination-oily with a bit of acne. I did have a few years of being acne free but that's long gone. I do react badly to chemical sunscreen and my skin is prone to break-outs to certain ingredients. I can guess you can say my skin is sensitive!

I'm a NC25, Shu 774 (winter) or 764 (summer), and Shiseido O20. I have golden undertones so most brands do not match me. They're either too pink or too peachy.

Product Characteristics (Colour or Textures):
For me, there was only one shade that would work for my skintone. 330 is the only light true golden undertone concealer. 315 is a light peachy undertone instead of golden so this may work for someone who has light-medium dark undereyes. 325 is incredibly peachy and I can't see anyone using this for the face (it really is peachy). And anything darker than 330 is a HUGE 2 to 3 tones darker.

The dispenser is unique because it has a clear flexible rubber tip. I have never used this rubber tip for anything other than transfer the concealer to my fingertips or a concealer brush. It's a bit pointless to me.

As for the texture, it's a creamy thick fluid that does tap easily into the skin. If I'm having a good week, I can use this medium coverage concealer all over the face and the undereyes. This concealer does not do much for the undereyes if they're very dark. It isn't a full coverage concealer. A positive is that it's not overly drying so it can work for under eyes provided you do not cake it on. When caked on, it's just a mess. It looks horrible (obviously).

Results:
This doesn't cover super red spots, discolourations, or dark undereyes. It's a good all around concealer for minor issues. It photographs ok and it is fairly easy to apply. It does look natural and does not break me out.

Cost:
I almost feel like it's a rip-off because you get a tiny tiny amount for the costs.

Why I Like it:
It's a super convenient packaging to bring with me to the office if I have to go out at night afterwards. It's a solid concealer for minor issues. It's easy to pat on and look natural. I've had no break outs and it doesn't crease on me.

Why I don't like it:
Expensive and limited colours for Asian skintones. It's not full coverage so I wouldn't recommend it for covering dark discolourations, undereyes, or breakouts.

Would I buy it again?
It wouldn't be my first repurchase if all my concealers were to finish up. I may consider it.