MAC Lustre in Hug Me

4.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Acetate, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Lactate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polydecene, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ceramide 3, Synthetic Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine Red 6, red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 2/22/2012 12:07:00 AM

i have mixed feelings about this lipstick. i got it for free as a gift from back to mac program.. from swatches and videos ive watched, i expected it to be more pink-ish.. its more brown-ish than id like it to be. when i first put it on i immediately disliked it and wanted to back to mac it.. but i gave it a second chance and and i kinda like it now.
on me its like "my lips but better -brownish-..i guess ill keep it and use it, but i dont think ill buy this again.

on 2/17/2012 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick was actually a little bit too pink and too sheer for me...it comes off pretty quick if you don't use a primer. Pretty color, just not for me.
*update* 9/6/2013-
I don't know what happened, had a change of heart about this one. It has become one of my faves...a "my lips but better" color. I would buy again.

on 2/13/2012 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I just recently began my search at MAC for a perfect nude. It's not easy, since I have very pigmented and slightly two-toned lips. As with all my makeup purchases, I research the product and google images of it before I actually go to the store and buy it. I had my mind set on purchasing half n half (amplified creme) but in person it is way more brown than I expected. The makeup artist at MAC was not helpful at all, so I ended up just picking out "hug me" myself. Let me say, I am VERY pleased. It is not as opaque as I would like (if your lips arent that pigmented this shouldnt be a problem) but it is the perfect nude color for my skin tone. I do not look washed out at all and it does a great job at evening out my lips and giving them a sexy, pouty look. On me, it is a nice pinky-brown nude. I also like how creamy and smooth it applies. So happy with my purchase! For reference I am NC40-42.

on 12/30/2011 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Perfect nude. Like all Mac lipsticks, it's super hydrating. Not sure if it really lasts a super long time but it's a really pretty pinkish brown color. Very warm. Great color for fall winter season because of the warm ndertones.

on 12/4/2011 5:11:00 PM

Gorgeous colour, really enhances your general daytime look without being over the top. Doesn't last long though, and is a bit drying. Love the shine of the Lustre formula. AUSSIE and NEW ZEALAND girls, try Australis brand Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick in Macarena colour, very close dupe for Mac Hug Me, just a touch darker, but a lot more moisturizing and longer lasting, and much cheaper! :-)

on 11/12/2011 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Great day time lipstick. No too overpowering and my go-to lip colour. Gives me a pink-beige nude look and isn't drying. Wonderful day time lipstick!

on 11/8/2011 3:14:00 PM

This is without a doubt, my favorite lipstick ever! It's nice and sheer, almost a no-show color, but the tinest touch of nude pink. It's what I've been looking for FOREVER! It's so subtley pretty.

on 11/7/2011 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Totally a MLBB shade for me. It doesn't show up as a nude color but gives my lips kind of a pinkish shine (I have decently pigmented lips). It's getting a higher score mainly because of the color - the staying power isn't as great as my other MAC lipsticks and it does seem to come off after a few hours.
I do love the smell of all the MAC lip products, so that's a plus.

on 10/27/2011 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It does nothing for me. Looks like I've used a just a tinted lip balm, the colour doesn't show up at all since it's reaaaally sheer and lasting power is close to zero. Girls with pigmented lips, don't bother with this one.
I gave it a three because it doesn't accentuate the lines on my lips and feels moisturising.
I use it like a lip balm, for the days that I want something not obvious on my lips.
Oh, and I read that this is considered similar to Estee Lauder Crystal Baby. Well, on me it isn't! Crystal Baby is more pinkish and provides better coverage.

on 10/27/2011 7:22:00 AM

I'm NC25. This Hug me lippie is my HG!!!
I love the color so much, I would repurchase this lipstick again!!

Popular Lipsticks