MAC Sandy B. lipstick

3.9

on 10/9/2008 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this lipstick! It's a beautiful frosty light peach/pink color! I adore it. I put a little gloss on top of it and it's perfect.

on 9/12/2008 5:47:00 PM

This is a pale peach color on me, kind of like a nude peach. It is pretty frosty, though.

EDIT: I have taken off two lippies because this lipstick is too frosty for me. Lollipop Lovin' is Sandy B without all the frost. I prefer that one.

on 8/7/2008 6:55:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is indeed a very frosty light pink/peach lipstick ( more pink than peach on me). If you take the frostiness out, it would make a nice nude, but I suppose it is meant to compliment a different look. I think it can look kind of 80s and tacky if you won't pay attention to the rest of your makeup-I would say that subtle peachy/bronzey eyeshadow and bronzer is the best option-nothing too harsh or too colourful! It looks good on me now that I am tanned ( NC 25/30) but I am almost certain that I could not make it work during wintertime when I am really fair ( NC 15/20). Overall, it is a nice addition, but nothing spectacular or a must-have.

on 8/4/2008 3:37:00 PM

Sandy B. is a frosty/metallic peachy-pink. On me (NW15) it looks good with Dervish l/l underneath. The color is very pretty but there is one big drawback with this l/s that I've noticed - your lips must be perfectly smooth and moisturized to wear this. If not, every single little flake and dry spot will be magnified 100x over because of the metallic/frosty finish.

on 6/16/2008 7:56:00 AM

Hate it. I have medium-toned, yellow-gold-undertoned skin. Sandy B is a peachy-champange frost lipstick that makes my skintone look dirty. The overall look was "cheap 1980s asian chick". I can't explain it better than that. I think it'd look best on someone fairer or with pinky/peach undertoned skin. Oh, and did I mention it has almost no moisturising effect? It's incredibly drying!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just received this lipstick in a swap and I adore it! i had been wanting to try this shade for awhile now, as I am obsessed with pinky/peach nude lipsticks and this one did not disappoint. I have quite full lips that are nauturally dark rosy pink and this shade looks so natural and pretty. It is a frost, but I find it to be subtle and flattering on my NC30 with yellow undertones skin. On me it is nudish peach with a subtle golden shimmer, perfect to team with the simple dark eyeliner and mascara I wear everyday. Yes it can go on a little dry, but I combat this by applying soft lips first and it goes on like a dream. A firm favourite and even though I didn't buy this one, I shall be purchasing another when this runs out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I pretty well could just copy Pink Kitty's comments below. I have a hard time seeing how anyone could find a use for this lipstick. It does look pretty - until I put it on ... and it just looked like I had erased my lips. Maybe I am too dark skinned for this or something but my coloring is usually just bland enough tht I can wear about any color but not this. This is like, the absence of all color - a color eraser, if you will - which defeats the whole purpose! I looked like rigor mortis had set in. Oh well. Mostly love MAC but not this one.

on 6/4/2008 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Color: medium warm peachy pink with TONS of gold/peachy shimmer--glitter. Texture frosty-ish, chunky glitter...this is hard to wear if your lips are dry, must pair this with a good lip balm/gloss. I LOVE this lipstick!!!! My favorite MAC lipstick, ever. The problem I have with some frosty lipsticks is that they are over the top, garishly frosty--like the tan-aholic neighbor from "There's Something About Mary". But Sandy B. somehow manages to stay gorgeous/unique/attention grabbing while being toned down....unless your lips are dry/you apply too much, then it starts to look too frosty. I just love the color--it's the perfect balance of peach and pink. This is a must-have color for spring/summer looks--I pair this with Love Nectar lustreglass, my favorite lip combo but the best lipgloss to pair with Sandy B. is Enchantress lipglass---GORGEOUS. I think Sandy B. is *definitely* a must have in a MAC lippie collection, one of the best lipstick shades from MAC.

on 5/9/2008 6:54:00 AM

Color wise, this is perfect! Peach/pink color on my lips. I've been wearing with with Sock Hop a lot lately.
I would say its fairly similar to Lollipop Loving from the Heatherette collection.

One main different I have noticed however, is that this dries my lips by the end of the day. I wouldn't wear it without gloss as I have constantly got dry flaky lips and this only makes that more obvious. Prep & Prime plus gloss on top of Sandy B help, but I would pick Lollipop Loving over this.

on 4/16/2008 6:59:00 PM

This lipstick really reminds me of NARS Orgasm in the tube, but on it is really frosty looking. More so than most frost lipsticks I believe. Its pretty drying , and doesnt really layer well. I found I have to swipe it over my lips more than a few times to acheive the color in the tube, but then it looks kind of cakey and uneven. Also accentuates any flakes you may have on your lips. Overall, a pretty color if you could get it to work for you, but not my cup of tea!

Popular Lipsticks