September 30, 2014 | 1150 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Aveeno - positively radiant

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by dahnab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have normal to dry skin, no acne, and fair-medium complexion. This product works very well on my skin. It blends well, doesn't look cakey at all, and the light reflecting shimmers in it give my face a very nice glow. It lasts all day. It doesn't make me break out, but again, after being on Accutane a few years ago, I don't really get any acne. The only thing I would wish for is a little bit more moisture.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Kiley4432

Was really hoping this product would work, but essentially ended up just breaking me out. Most likely due to the chemical sunscreen. If your skin isn't as sensitive to chemicals as mine, and is in the normal range, then give it a go if I were you. The color pay off was nice, slightly less than the average foundation but can be buildable. Don't expect this to cover any super dark pigmentation or prominent pimples, but can diminish the look of them.... Great for those lazy days running errands or school! The packaging was very convienent and sanitary. As far as application goes, I normally would use my hands for a sheer effect, but a brush (ELF studio powder brush) gave it a nice even look as well. I also noticed that using a brush took away a lot of the shimmer that was a little too overpowering in my opinion. This would have been a nice tinted moisturizer if it hadn't broken me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by RobinBirdOwen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am thrilled!! I am super sensitive to suncreen also have roscesa on my chest. It calms my skin, gives a good bit of coverage that blends with my facial foundation and tones down the redness on my chest.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

Blegh! I was so disappointed with this! I'm a huge Aveeno fan so when they came out with a tinted moisturizer, I was super excited. First of all, the scent is HORRIBLE. It smells like chemicals ... which I'm not really comfortable putting on my face. It also gives NO coverage at all. Being a tinted moisturizer, I expected it to have at least SOME coverage. It feels super greasy and gross on the face too. Also, after I applied it on my face and tried to rub it into my skin with my fingers, the product started rubbing off ... it was so weird... I just ended up washing it off and threw it into the trash.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by aliebrit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i bought this hoping that it would help with redness on my really dry skin. But this moisturizer didn't work for me. i really liked aveeno but this just didnt moisturize my face at all and i didnt see a different in my face. after i put on like 3 coats i still had really dry patches of skin

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Nikkitaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very small bumps on my face and I hate wearing full on foundation all day just to cover those up. I was looking for a tinted moisturizer and this being the only product I found at wal-mart, I bought it.

I bought the medium color and I think it works pretty well. My face is always a shade lighter than the rest of my body so this evens it out great. This is the only use of the color; to make your overall face look brighter, more healthy and glowing. It will in no way hide any zits or acne. I sort of expected that though which is why I rated it 4 out of 5. It is a moisturizer after all, not a foundation or concealer.

This moisturizer has a bit of shimmer in it and it might look orange if you put too much on. That's why you need to use very little and blend it well to avoid looking like a sparkly oompa loompa. I think this is another reason why this product was rated so poorly.

In the end, I did like the product but for this price, I wouldn't buy it again. I'd rather get myself a separate moisturizer and foundation, to get best results in every department.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by zebrabubbles11

this is awful awful awful... its kinda expensive and its tooo dark for fair/light skin ...it stinks, it has some shimmers in it, doesnt cover... ugh! waste of money trust me

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by TGrif6025

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There are very few products that I absolutely hate, or couldn't find some use for, but this is one of them. This stuff was absolutely awful. The smell was awful in my opinion and was very strong, and did not fade throughout the day. It actually gave me a headache wearing this. Also, I bought the fair-light shade, and even when I have a pretty dark tan this is too dark for me and extremely orange looking on the skin. Plus this feels super greasy, like you're slathering super thick sunscreen all over your face. I love the Aveeno brand but this was an all around bad product in my opinion. Wish I'd read reviews before I purchased this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I spent a few weeks trying to make up my mind whether to buy this or not (mindful of other negative reviews here and the price) but the idea of a "tinted moisturizer" with SPF 30 was really appealing - I was hoping it would work for me.
I bought the "fair to light" shade and all I can say is what a waste... Like many others noted, it's VERY thick and difficult to apply without adding extra moisturizer; it's rather ORANGE (!) and leaves my skin looking very "made-up" and shiny. Also, it rubs off onto clothes!
So, I guess I'll try to use it as a sunscreen product at some point...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by jaqifaber

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this out because I wanted a more natural, glowing look to my skin. At first, I found it too thick, so I mixed some lighter moisturizer into it. I have been using this for over a month now. I love that it has SPF, and it gives me a beautiful glow. I do think that it is giving me a few zits. At first glance, the bottle is small, but it lasts and lasts. To make sure it didn't stick to my dry skin, I started using a night cream. Oh, and by the way: it's a moisturizer, not a foundation. Squirt three pumps into your hand and use it like a mask!