December 19, 2014 | 1671 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I like the concept of this palette, but I think the colors are a bit too similar. The pigmentation is also lacking for some of the taupes. I really had to pack on the color to get the look I was going for. It's definately great for an everyday eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by SummerTango

I really like this palette. As a student i cannot afford expensive brands like Mac or Nars etc.
Yes, the colours are very similiar but when one runs out, you have other three similiar colours available!
I've done many different natural looks with this, AND smokey eye is possible with this palette, i created a lovely brown smokey eye with this, on myself and on my friend.
The pigmentation is good, but the palette itself is quite small, and i think it will run out soon.
Also i wanted to mention that i have oily skin, i use a bit of primer before applying the eyeshadow and it stays for the whole night, which is awesome!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I wanted to love this, I really did, but it just seems kinda sloppy..
First of all, the shades in the upper row are all very similar. If you're only using these expect to get a really really natural result, none of these colors are usable for a smoky eye, not even for a crease color.
There's only one shade I can use for the crease and that is the second shade in the second row..and even this one seems a little too light (and perhaps even a bit underpigmented, I have to apply a lot for it to become dark enough). The only two darker shades are waaaaaay too dark to look natural on someone with a lighter skintone, at least during the daytime.
The white you get is too white. And I guess I would prefer if it had shimmer because it's not very pigmented and barely shows up on me.
All the colors (apart from one in the first row) are decently pigmented but they aren't creamy and rich like Sleek, they almost feel a bit powdery. There's also some fallout with them.
The packaging is nice, a lot smaller than I expected it to be though, and the palette is very thin so it's easy to carry it around with you in your bag.
If you are only building your collection and don't have lots of eyeshadows at home..get this! if you are a huge fan of neutral looks you will probably also like it. But don't buy this expecting it to be great. Useful, yes, great - no. I still don't understand how it's easier for me to create a brown smoky eye look with Sleek's Storm palette when it has less brown shades but I guess it's because the colors are much more diverse. I would buy again but I doubt I will buy another one. I was thinking about buying more NYX ''catwalk'' and ''for your eyes only'' palettes but if this is supposed to be one of the better ones I guess I won't bother. If you want a cheap natural palette get WnW's Comfort zone or Vanity instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Got this based on the reviews and was looking for a neutral palette. I would give it a 4.5 if I could. The only negative is I wish it was a bit more pigmented, but nothing to be upset about since it was only $10. The colors are beautiful and just what I was looking for to wear everyday. It goes on smooth with little fall out and I love the case and large mirror. Def recommend to others.
EDIT: with UDPP, these colors are WAY more pigmented!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Rachelchick

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! The colors look so good on me, I can make it more toned down or more dramatic. I don't see this looking good on darker skin tones, I think its pretty obvious, but for lighter skin tones go for it! I even found that one of the shadow colors is similar to Nars Nepal which I love love love! Great quality product for not a ton of money. Adore.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by elambie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start this by saying that I love NYX. And the shadows in this palette are great quality, especially for the price you pay. My only problem with the palette is that it seems to have very similar shadows and is missing others that I would figure would be in a natural eye palette. I must say though, I bought this about a year ago and I used it all the time, usually everyday. But as I've expanded my makeup collection, I don't find myself reaching for this palette often, if ever. They're great shadows, but I just feel that the palette is missing something, probably a better crease color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by dubaibeilove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The price is cheap but the quality is better is high end. Highly pigmented and blends easily. I would never go back to Urban Decay's Naked palette. This is much better and cheaper!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by adriennewines

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this. I use it. But, it never stays on at all! I mean, it's GONE by the time I get home from work. I mean it doesn't even just fade, it disappears. I just thought this would perform better, the colors are gorgeous but if they don't stay on at least a little then what good are they! I may throw it away... :-\ Sad but true. Wet n Wild is better. bottomline.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by hancam1030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Are you serious? These colors are not a like, each of them are different. They are pigmented and smooth, look at the pictures above. I hate people who are snobs just because they tried MAC and think it is god of all make-up. So they compare MAC quality to brands like NYX and think the products are bad because it is not MAC. Dumb.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: I ended up keeping it and now its my most used palette. It great for a quick neutral eye that looks nice for work or anytime need to look nice quickly.

I have the NYX green eyes palette and the smokey eye palette and they are all I use anymore. I saw all the reviews and tutorials for this and thought I'd try this too. All the beige colors look very similar to me but I'm sure if they are your thing you would disagree. I guess I'm just not into neutrals unless they are very light for highlights or very dark for smokey looks and the smokey palette already has that. If I had to do a more conservative look all for work or whatever, this would be perfect, but that's just not me. All in all, nothing wrong with this one, it has all the pigmentation and the soft texture that I love in NYX eye shadows. Just not my colors.