July 25, 2014 | 1806 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was pretty ok. I love that this brand has different undertone selections so that's great but I found myself not totally in love with the product like I thought I would be. Powder foundations aren't for me because they emphasize my dry spots and imperfections. This powder was ok but it would fade and rub off easily so it was pointless. I have a long day that consists of a 9 hour work shift and a 5 hour college class schedule daily. I don't expect this markup to stay perfect all day because I have a long day but I expected alot more from it especially because of the price. The staying power wasn't great as the coverage was a little above average. Mr worth the money for me. ($20 full size jar)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I feel like I've wasted my money on this stuff. I've used drugstore mineral foundations that I like just as much. L'oreal makes a great mineral powder, and Maybelline is very good too. I wanted to treat myself to a nice makeup, but this foundation doesn't impress me much. Next time I'll save the extra bread.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HORRIBLE FOUNDATION!!! I have smooth skin, but this settles into every pore and it makes your skin texture really ROUGH looking! If you have large pores it will magnify and highlight them. It has LIGHT coverage, so it basically gives no coverage at all. If you have combo/oily skin this doesn't stay matte for long. After an hour it was a greasy shiny mess. It also feels really heavy on the skin, which is super annoying to me. My favorite foundation Cover girl 3 in 1 doesn't feel like your wearing anything and it makes your skin look smooth and flawless. Bare minerals matte will not give you a flawless finish. Mineral foundation is so hyped, its just ground up pressed powder!! DON'T BUY THIS!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Goldensunset83

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I was at Sephora it looked good on me until a few days later. I noticed that it was very orangy, and it broke me out like CRAZY!! I usually just get a few breakouts but it was all over my cheeks under my eyes on my nose pretty much my whole face! I returned it a week later and the lady at Sephora said (since I am acne prone) that product contained mineral oil which can clog pores and cause breakouts. It looked pretty nice I guess but would probably not work for acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. Really just wow. I was once scared to try Bare Minerals because I thought it just wouldn't work, but truly it does. And I think I found my HG product. I bought this in the starter kit btw. Bare in mind I've only used it for a week though, but it has impressed me so much I just have to review it.
Few things I wanna say first:
-The matte one does not contain Bismuth, which is a possible skin irritant that the original formula contains.
-The Bare minerals brushes and primer truly work best with the product
-Less is definitely more

Ok, so I think the reason a lot of people don't like bare minerals is that they do not apply right. Always sprinkle just a tiny bit into the lid, and when you swirl, do it for at least 5-7 seconds, this will warm up the minerals and will result in smoother application. Yes, ALWAYS tap off the excess. If your applying this and you see minerals flying out of the brush, your using too much and may result in cakiness, it settling into fine lines, not lasting all day, etc. Now, buffing is truly important when applying this. You cannot swipe or pat this into the skin. Buffing will evenly spread the minerals around your face, make it last longer, look smoother,and result in more coverage. So if you need more coverage, just keep buffing and if you add more, do it in small amounts because less is more! And if you have any blemishes or trouble spots, takeing the maximum concealer brush and goinf over those areas by patting it in, it will work like concealee. Takeing the time to do the swirl, tap, and buff method may take a little longer then your average foundation, but it's worth it! Believe me. It looks so natural, it stays on my skin, and it does not break me out. The primer, mineral veil, and brushes I believe are important to use with it, so getting the starter kit is a good idea because it's like a 147 dollar value, and you get it for like 60 dollars. And they're haveing a sale right now and you can buy it for 49! So all in all, yes I do recommend trying this. Take time to learn how to apply it properly and it will look great and last all day. And one last thing, they come in three formulas, the matte, original, and ready. The matte is of course matte and oil controlling, original is more luminous, and ready is a natural, fuller coverage finish. I like the matte for my oily skin and also because it doesn't contain bismuth. Sorry for such a lengthy review, I'm just loveing this so much and think everyone should try this.:)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When the people at Bare Escentuals said this was a matte foundation they weren't lying. When I first applied this I was shocked...but In a good way. Before I get into all that let me tell you about my skin. I have an oily T-Zone with very pronounced pores under my eyes and all over my nose with my forehead only getting oily after eating greasy foods (I'm looking at you pizza). The only place I consistently breakout is near the apple of my cheeks though I do get the occasional blemish here and there. Along with the acne, I do have slightly large blackheads around my cheek area with miniscule ones on my nose. Now on with the review.

This and the Original formula are my first foundations that were recommended to me by a Sales Clerk at Ulta for my oily skin. After getting a 'makeover' I decided to buy a trial kit for $20 that comes with sample sizes of both foundations, the concealer, the Finishing Veil, and two mini brushes before dropping $27 for the full size. It has been a couple of days since then and I believe I have gathered enough data to give my opinion.

Pros:
-This foundation is truley matte. I am more into the normal/dewy skin look, but I was afraid that if I tried the dewy look I would end up looking like I was swimming in grease.
-This covers red spots really well. When I put this over my cheek area the redness ceased though not all of the blemishes were covered.
-I get no shine even after 8 hours!
-Very blendable! You just have to spend more than 30 seconds brushing it on.

Cons:
-The coverage is not as great as I would like it to be. This does not fully cover my pores, acne, or cheek area which is a mix of clogged pores and acne marks. However as read someone mention before me, It "..blurs imperfections...".
-If you are not careful this will look cakey around your nose and where you layer it.
-Speaking of layering, this gets darker and darker after each layer which you may need to do because the coverage isn't all that, so you may want to consider purchasing in a slightly lighter shade.
-The packaging helps some bit this product will go all over the place if you are not careful.

While the cons may outweigh the pros for you they really are very minor to me and I am really considering purchasing for full price!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by sierrab2010

Horrible product. Spent close to $80 on a BM kit mainly for this foundation because I'd heard great things about it and wanted to wear less makeup each day. Basically, this foundation covers NOTHING. My skin isn't even that bad either. I usually have a couple pimples on my face at any given time because of hormones and other stressors. My skin isn't near perfect but holy crap this did nothing to help it. It accentuated my pores and failed to blend into my skin no matter how much I tried to buff it in and make it look natural. If you already have perfect, gorgeous skin with zero problem areas and "need" a light foundation then you can get away with using this. Anyone hoping to cover acne, freckles, blotches, fine lines, birthmarks, etc., please don't waste your money on this sub par product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Bree74

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this foundation for 5 years. It is the best foundation I've used for my face. Very long lasting throughout the day. You get alot of product for the price. The texture of the powder is silky smooth and gives my oily skin a flawless look. So glad I found Bare Minerals!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by lwjw

I would say this is much better than everyday minerals, just my opinion. It is great for everyday wear and it feels light, yet it evens out skin tone and covers pretty well. On days I have good skin I can wear this alone, otherwise i wear this with concealer underneath ( but I also find that without concealer under, it tends to enhance the powdery look/ pores on your face straight after applying it). You can even use this as a loose powder over liquid foundation. Or use with a smaller brush for extra coverage, like a concealer, on blemishes etc. I like how dewy this can look further into the day! Even though I have oily skin, I still love some glow on my face and somehow this does the trick when it blends with your face's natural oils..haha. This also looks very natural! (just make sure you have thoroughly moisturized your skin) haha my friend even complimented me on how lovely my skin looked. The packaging is great for traveling too because you can twist and lock it. It lasts quite a while too. I have been using mine for almost a year now!
Personally, I was surprised at the staying power.. I have worn this for 16 hours and it looked fine. I think it's all about the right primer and concealer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. Goes on smooth, great coverage (for a tiny amount of powder!) it's buildable, so you can have light to medium/full coverage. I hate how most powder foundations can feel heavy and slightly dirty on your skin, this didn't, it didn't feel like I was wearing make up at all. Hasn't irritated my skin (so far). It's a very fine powder and is complemented by the BareMinerals mineral veil, I was wearing this for a good 8/9 hours and looked as fresh as when I put it on, so it's a lasting foundation. Will definitely be buying this again.