OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 5/13/2013 10:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Before this polish, I had a horrible time with chipping/breaking my nails and dealing with nicks in the nail tips at least 3-5 times a week. After seeing some blogs mention it, I purchased a bottle and use it ALL THE TIME. Probably the best purchase beauty-wise I have made in a long time.

Nail breaking or chipping is really uncommon now, and nicking is down to once a week, if that, and the nicks are minor and easy to file away without huge issues (I'm one of those crazies that can't have mismatched nail sizes on each hand.)

I use it as both a base coat and a top coat usually, and make sure to put some polish under the tips of my nails to help it stay put when I use it.

The only thing I disliked, was the other day when I took off the polish I was using, I noticed some lifting on the tip of my nail, and couldn't figure out whether I was peeling off a thin layer of nail, or if it was layers of Nail Envy build up.

All in all, I would, and have, recommended it highly, and will purchase again.

on 5/6/2013 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This did not work for me at all. It made my already dry and brittle nails peeling even more and it turned them yellow/brown which looked disgusting. I used it for a month before I stopped. My nails slowly recovered. There are still brittle but at least they look white again. Would not recommend this at all! But it seems to work for other people...

on 5/1/2013 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

not sure where to buy this in my local area, but I ordred it from Amazon based on the rave reviews here on MUA. the reviews did not let me down. This is an awesome nail treatment. It helps to strengthen my nails, which is needed since I stopped wearing acrylic nails. I love how shiny and healthy this treatment makes my nails look. It's a little pricey but worth it. I wish I could find this at the local pharmacies and grocery stores, but so far I have only found it on Amazon.

on 4/18/2013 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just started using this a few days ago, after seeing it on someones nail care routine. So far, this is what I've discovered-
I LOVE that it stays shiny like a plain clear nail polish. I can use it as a base coat, or I can use it alone to give a nice, clean look while protecting my nails.
As far as its promises to create strong nails, I think it does a pretty good job, atleast better than anything I've tried. I'm trying to grow my nails out, and since they are still very short it is hard to tell, but it SEEMS as though they are less "bendy" and less likely to peel. It also dries very quickly, which is a plus.

on 3/26/2013 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this is a fantastic nail treatment and you pay for it!!! it is very expensive in the UK it costs 18!! if your nails are in very bad condition i suggest you soak your finger tips in warm soapy water for around 5 minutes... gently push your cuticles back using a wooden yellow stick, file them down very short in the shape you desire ( filing as much as the damaged nail as possible, but never filing so low that the skin under your nails is visible), give them a nice buff. make sure your nails are clean and dry and then apply two coats of the nail envy. Each day after that apply a single coat on top everyday for around five days and then remove. i also recommend using a little bit of oil daily (olive oil or almond oil) to massage into your cuticles. I always use nail envy as a base to my nail polish even when my nails are in great conditon. there is no doubt it is the best nail treatment i have come across!

on 3/25/2013 7:45:00 PM

this does nothing for my nails. i started using it as a base coat after my nails started flaking, but it does not make a difference (maybe it keeps it from getting worse?). i don't notice a yellow tint, though it is yellow in the bottle.

on 3/23/2013 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this nail treatment! It's absolutely amazing. I have hypothyroidism, a common disease notorious for causing weak & brittle nails. My nails grow fast, fortunately, but I was having a lot of problems with chipping, flaking, and breaking away, so i decided to give this a try. I am so thankful for this product! it has allowed me to grow my nails to a healthy length without having to worry about them flaking or chipping or becoming weak. I work in a library so not only am I typing all day, i'm moving books around, toting boxes places, and doing a lot of stuff that would have put my old nails in danger of breaking, and that's how i know this product is truly worth the hype. I would be so lost without this. It has turned the health of my nails around 100%. I apply this once every week or two weeks and it prevents breakage completely. I even got my boyfriend hooked on this! He now uses it every once in a while. I just finished up my first bottle and placed an order for my second one. I usually buy it on ebay anywhere from $7-$9, or pick it up at ulta with a coupon. definitely don't pass this one up if you have weak nails!! So worth it!

on 2/17/2013 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use opi's Nail Envy Original as a base coat. I follow the instructions and apply two coats, and then apply my nail color and the top coat as usual. I am on my second bottle. I love it! After I used all of the first bottle, I wanted to try a different opi base coat. After that I noticed I had horrible horizontal waves in my nails. I would buff them down every other day, but they would come back just as bad. I decided to buy another bottle of Nail Envy Original just to see if it would restore my nails as it had before. And just as I thought, it did! My nails are growing back fast and without ridges. This is a must have for me. It is totally worth the price, which isn't bad anyway. I would (and have) reccomend this to a friend. It's the best!

on 2/10/2013 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Unless my nails look great I'm a picker. I pick at my cuticles, I pick at the nail. I'm like a starving child and my nails are cake, I will chew and pick until it's bleeding. I finally decided to ditch acrylics, well I didn't decide it was a requirement for school and work so I let my real nails grow. I used nail envy for months and my nails looked so great people were asking who did my acrylics. I didn't think nail envy was so great, then my bottle finished and Then came overtime shifts and working weekends and no time to get my nails done or find a new bottle. My nails went back to thin, peeling gross looking nails that made me lose my appetite. I learned the hard way how great this stuff really works. I followed the instructions the first week or two till my nails were long enough to polish with out them looking like they belonged to a 3 year old, then just as a base coat, a layer over my bonder. I now make sure I have an extra bottle on hand, it's expensive but definitely an hg

on 2/8/2013 4:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This did NOTHING for my nails. It was about a year ago that my previously always healthy and strong nails started breaking and peeling very easily, something that had never ever happened before. I had 2 nails on each hand that were constantly peeling, no matter what I did.
I tried Nail Envy on them for months and months on end, following the instructions exactly, almost finishing one bottle, and saw no improvement. My nails were not stronger at all, and the same 2 nails on each hand kept breaking, to my dismay. (At least it didn't turn my nails yellow like some other revieweres experienced!)
Then completely randomly, I heard from a dermatologist that actually what makes nails soft and easy to break is nail polish remover! Even if it is acetone free, the remover softens the nails and makes them easier to snap, so the more you use it the weaker your nails get.
So I stopped using Nail Envy and stopped using any nail polish on my nails so that I don't need to remove it. In TWO WEEKS my nails were back to normal and healthy again, all peeling gone!
Please ladies, don't waste your money on this "treatment", all it is is a base/ top coat for your nail polish but does not make nails stronger. And it's a whopping 18.65!
I'd suggest if your nails are breaking and you are a frequent user of nail polish or you change your polish often, try leaving your nails bare for a while and see if not using nail polish remover on them helps.

Popular Treatments