October 23, 2014 | 1391 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this nail treatment! It's absolutely amazing. I have hypothyroidism, a common disease notorious for causing weak & brittle nails. My nails grow fast, fortunately, but I was having a lot of problems with chipping, flaking, and breaking away, so i decided to give this a try. I am so thankful for this product! it has allowed me to grow my nails to a healthy length without having to worry about them flaking or chipping or becoming weak. I work in a library so not only am I typing all day, i'm moving books around, toting boxes places, and doing a lot of stuff that would have put my old nails in danger of breaking, and that's how i know this product is truly worth the hype. I would be so lost without this. It has turned the health of my nails around 100%. I apply this once every week or two weeks and it prevents breakage completely. I even got my boyfriend hooked on this! He now uses it every once in a while. I just finished up my first bottle and placed an order for my second one. I usually buy it on ebay anywhere from $7-$9, or pick it up at ulta with a coupon. definitely don't pass this one up if you have weak nails!! So worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by MalloryLuers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use opi's Nail Envy Original as a base coat. I follow the instructions and apply two coats, and then apply my nail color and the top coat as usual. I am on my second bottle. I love it! After I used all of the first bottle, I wanted to try a different opi base coat. After that I noticed I had horrible horizontal waves in my nails. I would buff them down every other day, but they would come back just as bad. I decided to buy another bottle of Nail Envy Original just to see if it would restore my nails as it had before. And just as I thought, it did! My nails are growing back fast and without ridges. This is a must have for me. It is totally worth the price, which isn't bad anyway. I would (and have) reccomend this to a friend. It's the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by miss_beee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unless my nails look great I'm a picker. I pick at my cuticles, I pick at the nail. I'm like a starving child and my nails are cake, I will chew and pick until it's bleeding. I finally decided to ditch acrylics, well I didn't decide it was a requirement for school and work so I let my real nails grow. I used nail envy for months and my nails looked so great people were asking who did my acrylics. I didn't think nail envy was so great, then my bottle finished and Then came overtime shifts and working weekends and no time to get my nails done or find a new bottle. My nails went back to thin, peeling gross looking nails that made me lose my appetite. I learned the hard way how great this stuff really works. I followed the instructions the first week or two till my nails were long enough to polish with out them looking like they belonged to a 3 year old, then just as a base coat, a layer over my bonder. I now make sure I have an extra bottle on hand, it's expensive but definitely an hg

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

This did NOTHING for my nails. It was about a year ago that my previously always healthy and strong nails started breaking and peeling very easily, something that had never ever happened before. I had 2 nails on each hand that were constantly peeling, no matter what I did.
I tried Nail Envy on them for months and months on end, following the instructions exactly, almost finishing one bottle, and saw no improvement. My nails were not stronger at all, and the same 2 nails on each hand kept breaking, to my dismay. (At least it didn't turn my nails yellow like some other revieweres experienced!)
Then completely randomly, I heard from a dermatologist that actually what makes nails soft and easy to break is nail polish remover! Even if it is acetone free, the remover softens the nails and makes them easier to snap, so the more you use it the weaker your nails get.
So I stopped using Nail Envy and stopped using any nail polish on my nails so that I don't need to remove it. In TWO WEEKS my nails were back to normal and healthy again, all peeling gone!
Please ladies, don't waste your money on this "treatment", all it is is a base/ top coat for your nail polish but does not make nails stronger. And it's a whopping 18.65!
I'd suggest if your nails are breaking and you are a frequent user of nail polish or you change your polish often, try leaving your nails bare for a while and see if not using nail polish remover on them helps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Of late my nails have been peeling and then breaking. I got this after reading the reviews but this did nothing for me. My nails kept breaking. I've used u more than hald the bottle and still no change. I'm giving up. I bought sally hansen nailstrengthner and it works as wel. .........so in my opinion.............try it but keep the receipt coz its not cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

It somehow works for my weak nails after the removal of gelish nail polish. **one tip on how to go about using this product as instructed by my mum's manicurist is to remove it every 2 days & reapply it** so it will work, & since other reviewers complains about it being yellowish that's because you didnt remove it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by nabiekebabie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product. Literally changed my nails! I used to have dry nails that split and chipped easily and nail envy completely strengthened and seemed to reinforce the structure of the nail, and now I can actually have long nails that don't brake as soon as I go about everyday life! The only cons I'd say is that after time it has seemed to yellow the nail slightly. Also, I remember the first time I used nail envy I had a slight tingly warm sensation and was worried i'd had an allergic reaction, but luckily nothing else happened and I've never had that sensation since! Was a little disconcerting at first though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Knock on wood this product totally transformed my brittle nails..I put this on first before applying nail polish or sometimes just this product by itself and I think its amazing! My nails don't don't break anymore, which is awesome. Also love that I got this in BB&B with a coupon, very happy. Just a note haven't tried many nail treatments so I can't compare but this is one of the best ones, I have tried in a long time that helps with nail breakage.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by blackygreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just...no.
As a treatment, it doesn't do much and your nails look kind of terrible with it on. It's yellowish and peels.
For the latter reason, it doesn't work as a base coat.
So, no, I will not be repurchasing this.
I much prefer my LA girl calcium strengthener or my China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by flatteries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG base coat/treatment!!! My nails used to peel pretty badly, and to make matters worse, I'd always peel them off whenever they started flaking, leaving my nails very thin and prone to breaking. That was until I started using nail envy regularly, of course. I use this as a base coat and apart from helping my nail polish stay on longer and preventing staining, this strengthens my nails like nothing else! I'm on my third bottle of this, and I rarely ever have any issues with peeling anymore (like, VERY rarely). It is a bit expensive compared to the rest of the OPI range, (I think I paid around $11 for this and I had a $5 off coupon from Ulta) but it is definitely worth it if your nails are in need of some help. Of course, everyone's nails are different, so something that works for one person might not work for the other, but if you've got the money to spare, I would definitely give this a go. I haven't purchased any other base coat/treatment ever since I switched to this from using ORLY Bonder. LOVE it!