July 23, 2014 | 1906 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Knock on wood this product totally transformed my brittle nails..I put this on first before applying nail polish or sometimes just this product by itself and I think its amazing! My nails don't don't break anymore, which is awesome. Also love that I got this in BB&B with a coupon, very happy. Just a note haven't tried many nail treatments so I can't compare but this is one of the best ones, I have tried in a long time that helps with nail breakage.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by blackygreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just...no.
As a treatment, it doesn't do much and your nails look kind of terrible with it on. It's yellowish and peels.
For the latter reason, it doesn't work as a base coat.
So, no, I will not be repurchasing this.
I much prefer my LA girl calcium strengthener or my China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by flatteries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG base coat/treatment!!! My nails used to peel pretty badly, and to make matters worse, I'd always peel them off whenever they started flaking, leaving my nails very thin and prone to breaking. That was until I started using nail envy regularly, of course. I use this as a base coat and apart from helping my nail polish stay on longer and preventing staining, this strengthens my nails like nothing else! I'm on my third bottle of this, and I rarely ever have any issues with peeling anymore (like, VERY rarely). It is a bit expensive compared to the rest of the OPI range, (I think I paid around $11 for this and I had a $5 off coupon from Ulta) but it is definitely worth it if your nails are in need of some help. Of course, everyone's nails are different, so something that works for one person might not work for the other, but if you've got the money to spare, I would definitely give this a go. I haven't purchased any other base coat/treatment ever since I switched to this from using ORLY Bonder. LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Tried & true protein treatment to strengthen weak or thin nails. Be cautious of overuse, as with all protein treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by pollybomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It's expensive, especially as I have no income at the moment, but it really works. I've bitten my nails for over ten years, and I also have a habit of peeling my nail polish rather than removing it properly, yet I have noticed that my nails are stronger and don't peel as often as they did before I started using this product around a month ago.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This did not like my nails. It gave me peeling and more yellowing issues. Just...did not work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by ecmeikle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This didn't work for me at all! I'm not sure that it worsened my fingernails, but it did nothing at all to improve their condition. All it did was dry on a kind of yellow colour and tinge them slightly. I applied this as directed for a few months with no results, and then thought I would just try to use it as a base and top coat. Still nothing. Nails remained extremely slow-growing, bendy and flaky. Glad I managed to get this for a cheaper price because I would be pretty grumps if I had paid the full RRP for it.

Note - I have also tried Nail Envy sensitive, with the same lack of results.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by HOPI87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok so I have been using this religiously as instructions say for almost 2 weeks now, I have been growing my nails out and was looking for something to keep them strong and keep from bending or breaking. My nails still feel the same as always...thin and easily bendable :( disappointing for sure. Or maybe I need to try a different formula?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Xusha2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! It makes my nail really really strong and they have stopped ripping and chipping. I also use this as a base coat for when I can't be bothered to go through the whole routine of adding a coat every other week.
I have heard it makes your nails yellow but I haven't had that yet, but I will add to this review if I do.
I listed it as not expensive because I know you can get it off places like Amazon and eBay for about 9 which is a great investment as it doubles as a base coat too.
It comes with a really nice wide brush which is super comfy to use and it dries within a minute or two, for me anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is what gave me nails I'd never dreamt of having. I had bitten my nails for over 20 years and to be honest I didn't care what state they were in until my now husband proposed nearly 2 years ago. Then I panicked lol I decided to tune into an Opi show on qvcuk (never watched or ever been interested before) and this was billed as a nail life saver! So of course I ordered it along with the Avoplex oil for my ragged cuticles. I followed the instructions and battled through the urge to bite them and came out the other end a few weeks later with strong smooth healthy looking nails with no urge to bite at all, and massaging in cuticle oil day and night had rid the ragged bits I actually became really proud of them and started investing in opi lacquers which I love! They are lovely nd long now and I haven clip and file them down now. If you can get one please get the Leighton Denny crystal nail file it keeps the edges smooth and water tight I wouldn't use anything else. And please get nail envy mine were in a bad way wish I had a pic of them before. Highly highly recommended.