- Great value for money
- Works well on my sensitive skin around the eyes
- Does not leave oily residue
- Can remove waterproof mascara and eyeliners
I did some research here on MUA before purchasing this, and I must say I am disappointed. It removed my makeup, but I feel like I had to use a ton to do it. I would understand this problem if I wore waterproof mascara but I never have. I have used over half of this in 2 weeks, and the Equate makeup dupe of Neutrogena's usually lasts me a month and a half. So I wouldn't purchase this again just because its more expensive than the equate, and I have to use more.
This remover is able to take away all of my eye makeup which includes waterproof mascara. My only complaint is that there is a bit of an alcohol smell. I know a lot of reviewers have said that it leaves a bit of residue, but honestly I haven't noticed. This is probably because I wash my face right after removing my eye makeup.
I usually soak a cotton pad with the remover then leave it on my eyes for a few seconds to let the product soak in. Then I just swipe gently and all of the mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, etc... comes right off with minimal tugging.
A lot of reviewers have said that this makeup remover is comparable to Lancome's Bifacil. Check out this video to see if it really stacks up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qfwoa601y4
Hmm...I dont want to bring down the ratings, but this product is medicore. I am an avid user of Lancome liquid make up remover (my HG!), and Clinique take the day off liquid makeup remover, both are superior products that effectively take my waterproof eyeliners, and dark shadows. However, this product is quite similar but very cheap. When I used it, while it did take off my eye makeup, it flaked off my mascara and my eyeliner, those flakes ended up in my eyes, and tugged on my eyes as I wiped it off. This is a no go for me. I dont want puffyiness and swelling due to tugging. I will stick to high end makeup removers, there are things I dont want to skimp on because I think my lids, my eyes, and my lashes are worth it.
I think I have found my HG eye makeup remover!! Prior to this, I used Clinique's Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent, Clinique's Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover, and lastly Shiseido's The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover.
- CHEAP. I got this for around 5 bucks at Target. Even other drugstore eye makeup removers cost around 8 dollars. And it's easy to find.
- WORKS. Granted, I'm not a heavy duty makeup wearer (don't wear waterproof mascara, liquid eyeliner, tons of eye product), but this takes everything off very gently. I have no eye irritation or stinging from this product, even after accidentally swiping this across my eyeball.
- I love how it doesn't feel super oily against my skin. There is SOME slight residue, but a quick splash of water and a pat of my face towel and it's gone.
- I love the way it looks - the purple is so pretty! And the clear bottle just gives off a 'clean' and simple vibe. And I like shaking it. I find the product doesn't separate very quickly which is good.
- If I had to complain, I guess the only minor downside to this is the bottle opening. There's nothing wrong with it (typical twist off cap and you just place your cotton over the opening and flip), but I've come to really like the Shiseido design. It has a pointy tip opening and I could control how much came out and in what shape (I found a rectangular shape worked really well with me). With this one, you basically just get a circle. But again, this is just a personal preference so I'm not going to mark it down.
- Oh, and I don't know if this can do it, but I liked how with Clinique's Take the Day Off and Shiseido's you could take off lip stuff too. I haven't tried it with this one yet, but since it didn't advertise that it could, again I won't take anything off.
Overall, a solid product, the best yet! It's a dual-phase formula but it doesn't come off as oily, it's cheap and readily available, you get a lot of product, and it works marvelously!
UPDATE: I still continue this product I have repurchased 3 times now. I use the sephora brand waterproof makeup remover for my waterproof mascara. I then wash my face with this cleanser so that every single particle of makeup is gone. It removes the residue from the sephora remover and leaves my skin clean and soft.
This is my HG of make up remover. I used to use the Almay moisturizing pads to remove my make up and it left my skin so oily I would have to use an array of acne products after. This is AMAZING, it removes everything, leaves my skin flawless and not oily. I don't even have to use acne products because of how sensitive but effective this is. This even takes off my waterproof mascara, it takes a little bit more time but I don't need to scrub or irritate my eyes.
I've been a diehard almay makeup remover fan for as long as I can remember. I never would have even tried C&C's oil free version if the samples weren't attached to some blotting papers I bought. This remover blows almay out of the water. C&C is soft and soothing on my eyes while almay's oil free is drying and pulls out lashes. I will be buying a bottle when my samples are done. continued >>
I received a sample when I purchase Clean & Clear's oil blotting sheets. I immediately fell in love with the product. The sample was a pretty good size. It last me about a month. Once the sample was gone, I purchased the regular size.
I love this product! I have been searching for the perfect oil free eye make-up remover. This removes stubborn waterproof mascara effortlessly and it doesn't leave any heavy residue. It also doesn't irritate my eyes. When I wake up, I don't have any eye make-up residue left because it has removed it all. I will definitely continue purchasing this wonderful eye make-up remover! continued >>
an eye makeup remover could not be anymore perfect cannot beleive i have been using disgusting oil based removers for so long, it makes me mad. This deserves the ratings of vaseline
-removes makeup! even waterproof and no rubbing like with oil based removers
-doesnt remove makeup by making the whole area slipery and thus the makeup easily slips off but instead actually dissovles the makeup
-does not sting, irratate or make eyes blurry
- does not leave any residue on skin, like at all skin just feels clean and soft but not like you just moisturized
-cheap, this is like bi facil but 10X cheaper
I'm so glad I bought this product, it is the BEST bargain I've ever bought! I was looking for a good eye make up remover since I run out of my Bi-facil from Lancome and was looking for something cheaper. Luckily I saw a video on youtube comparing this 2 products and said that the Clean&Clear work just as good as the Bi-facil and WAY CHEAPER! I ran out to the store and got myself one and proved the video was right! Just so you know I have very oily eyelids so the make up I use is smudge proof like BB gel eyeliner, Shiseido mascara base, Diorshow and this MU remover removes it all w/o too much effort. For the record before my Bi-facil i was using the Sephora professional MU remover for waterproof MU (hated it I had to scrub my eyes with the cotton ball till my eyes hurt and still didn't remove it all) continued >>