April 16, 2014 | 1510 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clean & Clear - Oil free Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by ClaireMcD77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good eye makeup remover. I was using the Almay Moisturizing remover and it sucked...not only was it greasy but it didn't remove well at all. This is definitely better..doesn't take as much rubbing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by karen137972

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is hands down the best eye makeup remover I've ever purchased. It is very gentle on your eyes and takes off waterproof mascara without rubbing. I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by georginapeach

As other reviewers have said, it is very similar to Bi facils, which is why i purchased it. i love bi facils, but its so expensive just to remove makeup. this isn't quite as good, but its very similar, and considering i can buy about 5 bottles of this for the price of one bottle of bi facils, i don't mind having to use a bit more of the c&c remover to take off all of my makeup. i had no trouble taking off my waterproof mascara, as long as i let the remover really soak in.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by IAmAMakeUpAddict

This product is what it claims to be. The best eye makeup remover!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

- Great value for money
- Works well on my sensitive skin around the eyes
- Does not leave oily residue
- Can remove waterproof mascara and eyeliners

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by shaunix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I did some research here on MUA before purchasing this, and I must say I am disappointed. It removed my makeup, but I feel like I had to use a ton to do it. I would understand this problem if I wore waterproof mascara but I never have. I have used over half of this in 2 weeks, and the Equate makeup dupe of Neutrogena's usually lasts me a month and a half. So I wouldn't purchase this again just because its more expensive than the equate, and I have to use more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This remover is able to take away all of my eye makeup which includes waterproof mascara. My only complaint is that there is a bit of an alcohol smell. I know a lot of reviewers have said that it leaves a bit of residue, but honestly I haven't noticed. This is probably because I wash my face right after removing my eye makeup.

I usually soak a cotton pad with the remover then leave it on my eyes for a few seconds to let the product soak in. Then I just swipe gently and all of the mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, etc... comes right off with minimal tugging.

A lot of reviewers have said that this makeup remover is comparable to Lancome's Bifacil. Check out this video to see if it really stacks up:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm...I dont want to bring down the ratings, but this product is medicore. I am an avid user of Lancome liquid make up remover (my HG!), and Clinique take the day off liquid makeup remover, both are superior products that effectively take my waterproof eyeliners, and dark shadows. However, this product is quite similar but very cheap. When I used it, while it did take off my eye makeup, it flaked off my mascara and my eyeliner, those flakes ended up in my eyes, and tugged on my eyes as I wiped it off. This is a no go for me. I dont want puffyiness and swelling due to tugging. I will stick to high end makeup removers, there are things I dont want to skimp on because I think my lids, my eyes, and my lashes are worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by spiffytiffi912

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I have found my HG eye makeup remover!! Prior to this, I used Clinique's Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent, Clinique's Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover, and lastly Shiseido's The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover.

Pros:
- CHEAP. I got this for around 5 bucks at Target. Even other drugstore eye makeup removers cost around 8 dollars. And it's easy to find.
- WORKS. Granted, I'm not a heavy duty makeup wearer (don't wear waterproof mascara, liquid eyeliner, tons of eye product), but this takes everything off very gently. I have no eye irritation or stinging from this product, even after accidentally swiping this across my eyeball.
- I love how it doesn't feel super oily against my skin. There is SOME slight residue, but a quick splash of water and a pat of my face towel and it's gone.
- I love the way it looks - the purple is so pretty! And the clear bottle just gives off a 'clean' and simple vibe. And I like shaking it. I find the product doesn't separate very quickly which is good.

Cons:
- If I had to complain, I guess the only minor downside to this is the bottle opening. There's nothing wrong with it (typical twist off cap and you just place your cotton over the opening and flip), but I've come to really like the Shiseido design. It has a pointy tip opening and I could control how much came out and in what shape (I found a rectangular shape worked really well with me). With this one, you basically just get a circle. But again, this is just a personal preference so I'm not going to mark it down.
- Oh, and I don't know if this can do it, but I liked how with Clinique's Take the Day Off and Shiseido's you could take off lip stuff too. I haven't tried it with this one yet, but since it didn't advertise that it could, again I won't take anything off.

Overall, a solid product, the best yet! It's a dual-phase formula but it doesn't come off as oily, it's cheap and readily available, you get a lot of product, and it works marvelously!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ibakeuacookie

UPDATE: I still continue this product I have repurchased 3 times now. I use the sephora brand waterproof makeup remover for my waterproof mascara. I then wash my face with this cleanser so that every single particle of makeup is gone. It removes the residue from the sephora remover and leaves my skin clean and soft.

This is my HG of make up remover. I used to use the Almay moisturizing pads to remove my make up and it left my skin so oily I would have to use an array of acne products after. This is AMAZING, it removes everything, leaves my skin flawless and not oily. I don't even have to use acne products because of how sensitive but effective this is. This even takes off my waterproof mascara, it takes a little bit more time but I don't need to scrub or irritate my eyes.