October 20, 2014 | 1612 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kirito

I've heard both good and bad things about this eyeliner. I never really liked liquid liner, but the cream eyeliner I was using at the time was just smudging way too much, so I decided to give liquid liner a second try. I love Maybelline products, so I went with the Line Stiletto in Black.

I do like the felt tip applicator, since I find brush applicators too flimsy, and I can't control the line as much. Also, I can make either a thin or thick line with the applicator, which is nice. The liner is quite opaque, but I do sometimes have to go over the line a few times if I really want it to be black. The main problem I have with this product is the fact that when I first got it, a lot of product was on the brush, and I would really have to wipe off the excess. I've had it for about a month, and now, when I want to get more liner on the brush, I have to close the lid and shake the tube vigorously to get more product back onto the brush if that makes sense. It's not a huge problem, but it's a bit inconvenient.

As for staying power, it's quite good. The liner is a bit smudged by the end of the day, but I have oily eyelids even with primer, so it probably won't be a problem for people without oily lids.

I would probably re-purchase this eyeliner, but I do really like my Dolly Wink eyeliner, so until I run out of that one, I'll be keeping the Line Stiletto as a back up liquid liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by danchung811

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only eyeliner that I can use. All smudge-proof water-proof gel/pencil liners failed me even with UD potion - I mean, literally all! Liquid liners that dry like a glue are the only type I can use. But even then, most liquid liners are too harsh for everyday makeup. However, this one goes on so light and thin that I can use without looking too much 'made-up.' Finally, exactly what I need. Hope Maybelline will never discontinue this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Carela26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice liquid eyeliner. It stays on and does not smudge. The trick is to take a bit of the excess off the tip of the felt applicator. you don't need too much to apply a perfect line. You can also blend it with your finger, if you want a smokier look. If you're not accustomed to liquid eyeliner this may not be for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Melissa6705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't buy this again. It has a nice wet look and it's easy to apply, however the slightest touch to your eyelid and it's smudged or completely off, id have to reapply it or just take it off all together.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product was........okay

I feel like I haven't had much luck with any liquid eyeliner I try. The felt tips always give me trouble, either their too stiff or too wobbly. I would like to try a brush tip next and see how that goes as I'm a huge fan of a cat eye and have a pretty steady hand.

I bought this and it does the job but it takes a lot of extra work which I'm not into. A lot of product comes out on the felt tip...or is it a sponge? It's a very strange material as it's flexible and soft. Anyway so much product comes off that I need to wipe excess off on my hand or a tissue which is such a waste. It doesn't do a bad job at giving me the look I want to achieve but I just feel like theres something better out there! It lasts pretty well but will come right off if you rub your eyes or god forbid cry haha it's happened to me a few times.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by xxFebruaryxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner. I'm not a usual user of eyeliner because I have trouble applying it. This eyeliner has been the easiest eye-liner for me so far. I can even do wings with it, and I am someone who has trouble doing a straight line.
Having said that it is not a waterproof eyeliner (not a bad thing for me, because if I mess up I can wash it off), and it takes awhile to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Hollie08

This was the first liner I used that I could actually do a wing or cat eye. Its very easy to use for beginners because Of the felt tip, you have a lot of control. The down part is by the end of the day it's either patchy, or almost completely gOne.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by krsgarcia

This used to be my Holy Grail eyeliner. The fact that I had so much control when doing my cat-eye was a big plus, but after being on my second eyeliner I noticed a lot of flaws.

Pros:
- Easy to apply - you have total control
- Colour is very opaque
- Glides on easily

Cons:
- Takes awhile to dry
- When I would curl my lashes after applying the eyeliner, some of the eyeliner would transfer and the original line on my eye would be patchy
- If you have only lids, this won't last long
- The felt tip is a little tricky if you're a first-timer

Unfortunately, because I do not enjoy the staying power on this liner, I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this liner. The brush is strange, but it works for me somehow.

Pros:
Nice, steady lines with ease for me
Doesn't dry out
Lasts all day
No smudging/transfer

Cons:
I don't like the shiny/wet look it gives

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I don't like the tip on this. There's always too much on it and it's not thin enough for my taste.

I also don't like the formula. It doesn't last very long and it fades to a gray on me. Would not repurchase.