December 18, 2014 | 1754 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this quad for creating a simple, everyday eye look. My two favorite shadows are the lid and outer corner colors. Unfortunately, those are the two smallest shadows in the palette. I really wish they'd kept the old packaging, where all four shadows were equally sized. Now the two biggest shadows are the base and liner. I don't mind about the liner, because it is a color I could use in a lot of looks, but I really don't like the base color. It's not pigmented at all--it doesn't even show up. If I actually wanted a highlight with this look, I'd have to go grab another shadow. So, for the three other shadows, this is amazing, but that terrible, over-sized base shadow that I'll never use kind of ruins it. Minus 1 lippie for that and the fact that the lid color could be a bit more pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Trayceeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this quad last week and finally got around to using it today. I am a Mac NC45 and hmmmmm... I don't really like it YET. I didn't find the taupe color showed up well on me. The crease color and liner color did work well. The highlight color was not the best. I will not give up on this product because of the great reviews. I have to get a new UDPP and try this product again over primer to make the lid color really pop. Still think it's great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I think this is my most loved/used drugstore eyeshadow quad. I have had this for years, when I first started wearing makeup, and have hit pan on the lid/crease colours already!! For daytime, I usually just wore the brow bone colour all over my lid and then the lid colour on my crease as it was more school appropriate, and other times, I would wear all four colours. I used the outer corner shade the least as I only used it to line my eyes and not as a crease colour since I felt it was too 'intense', but since it was a matte shade, I used it to also fill in sparse areas for my brows and it did a pretty good job since I have black hair. (black is usually too harsh, and this dark chocolate brown was the best option). The brow bone shade is quite sheer. A big difference to the other three shades which are all quite highly pigmented. Not alot of fallout from this quad compared to the others from this line, and a primer is a must to keep these shadows in place and to prevent creasing. Blending is very easy too. Not much effort required to get these shadows to work. Buying another quad as it's very travel friendly and very versatile. Can go from day-to-night in just one quad. Perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by SabrinaWoods

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A nice quad for a no brainer brown smokey eye. Pretty good quality, except for the highlight shade which i guess is ok for blending colours out but doesn't show up at all. The lid colour is my favourite, very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this was just ok. I wanted to like it more than I did. the color payoff is decent, especially over primer, but I really only liked two of the colors. The white color and the taupe shade weren't really that great for me, and had the least payoff. However, I do love the matte dark brown color and the coppery color. I didn't have any problems with staying power, but I do use them over TFSI, so I don't know about not using them without it. I don't think I would buy these again, just b/c I'm pretty sure I can find other colors to replace the ones I like.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by keeshondowner

I LOVE the colors in this quad! They are decently pigmented and just gorgeous, in my opinion. The reason I rated it so low is because even when I apply Urban Decay Primer Potion, these shadows STILL crease on me. Granted, I have really oily eyelids, but my MAC and UD shadows don't crease when used with UDPP. So if you don't have an issue with oily eyelids, I would highly recommend this quad!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by paigex1992

i find this is an easy way to apply a smoky eye,i love how this goes on and the product itself is great ,
im not sure if i like the package because you have to be extra careful or the cover can come off and it can ruin your whole quad
overall i LOVE this product:)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by marigold00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few stylish smokes quads I don't particularly care for some odd reason.I guess the shades I expected to be more intense,but maybe it's just a quirk of mine.I just think it didn't quite do it for me,but thank god all the others are really good

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by LiteBulbIsMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product. I have NEVER been into brown eyeshadows.. but this one changed everything for me. :) I even went the extra mile and bought a back-up one today along with the Sunlit Bronze quad, hoping I like it as much as I like this one!!

Each color is absolutely perfect. I found this product by watching a girl on youtube review and demonstrate how to use it. So I did it step by step the way she said and it was great!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

PS the lid color is the prettiest. I wish i could buy another eyeshadow of jsut the crease color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Is this the perfect smoky eye palette? For the price, yes. The colors are gorgeous, and it makes it so easy to get a nice smoky eye. I adore all of the shades that are in this palette and they work well for a variety of looks besides it's specialty, a neutral taupey shimmery smoky eye. This is basically like Kim Kardashian eyes in a single palette. (Sans huge falsies, of course.)