April 21, 2014 | 1030 users online

Deodorants - Lavanila - The Healthy Deodorant

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sparklythings

I've been looking for a deodorant that actually works, and this is it! it's not going to be as effective as an antiperspirant, but this works great! and without all the harsh chemicals.
I just find that most antiperspirants have been clogging my pores under my arms and causing in-growns. But since using this, it has been clearing up.

i am absolutely in love with the scent. I got Vanilla Lavender and every time i put this on... it's the most delicate fresh smelling scent ever. I just can't get enough!
I'm a huge fan of lavender... so naturally i got this scent. I did smell all the other scents they had available at Sephora, but i liked this one the best. Honestly, if you are looking for a deodorant, this is the one to try. It is amazing! I really enjoy it... however, this is pretty pricey. i believe i paid $24 CDN + tax

EDIT: i love the smell of this, but i stopped using it... maybe i will in the cooler weather, but it just didn't help much during the summer. Probably won't repurchase. it's too expensive, and doesn't work

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by msimone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after reading the reviews and wanted to try out a new deodorant. I purchased the Coconut Vanilla one from Sephora. At first I loved it - the scent is gorgeous and I didnt really mind the sort of wet feeling upon application. But after 2 days I noticed my underarms were so red, they looked sunburnt! Kind of weird because it did not hurt, sting or itch. I stopped using it, and then tried it again 2 weeks later and the same thing happened. Bummer because I wanted to like this, but I guess im not *that* bummed because it saves my wallet from repurchasing over and over again!

I think I will be returning this to Sephora.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Regarding the reviewer two reviews down who said this deodorant has a petrochemical in it, I asked my husband about this (he is an environmental engineer). He said the ingredient is corn-derived, thus it's not a petrochemical. Wikipedia and other sites state the ingredient can be used as a "building block" in things like antifreeze and brake fluid. This does not mean that propanediol in itself is dangerous. This is like a basic chemistry lesson. Water in itself isn't harmful, but if it combines with cyanide, it becomes a cyanide solution, which is then harmful. Anyway, I find this deodorant extremely effective. I didn't think any of the scents smelled like vanilla or what they were labeled as, but they do have a clean smell, however. I put this on before I went to bed last night and remembered halfway through today that I forgot to put deodorant on this morning. I had no body odor whatsoever.

EDITED 7/16/11: I changed rating to 2 because I can't stand the white flakes/stuff that is under your arms at the end of the day. I'm sticking with a clear deodorant instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by jija

this deodorant became a joke at my house. we were calling it "odorant" because it did a horrible job of preventing the smell of sweat; I quickly returned this and went back to the drugstore deodorants. I don't even sweat very much so it was a crushing failure on the part of the deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by pkrs

I've been using this deodorant for over a year now and just read this, which makes me NEVER want to buy it again. Unreal.

"One of the main ingredients in The Healthy Deodorant is propanediol which is “corn-derived.” In fact, 1,3-propanediol is a shameless petrochemical with a chemical name trimethylene glycol. It is used in the production of paints, plastics, and antifreeze liquids, same as propylene glycol.

Why would Lavanila disinform their customers by claiming their Healthy Deodorants are free from petrochemicals? The answer is simple: because green sells better."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by NancyT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am highly allergic to commercial antiperspirants so I'm always looking for non-irritating substitutes. This is labeled as a deodorant, but it actually keeps me dry with no irritation whatsoever. I've used all 4 scents. The scents are gorgeous, fresh and subtle. I hope they never discontinue these. Holy grail status!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this deodorant in Vanilla Lavender, and it smells absolutely lovely. Though I wouldn't use this in lieu of an antiperspirant, it's perfect over Certain Dri, which I apply a couple times a week. The texture is drier than most cream deodorants, which means it doesn't streak on clothing or feel damp. Overall, this is a great product, and I'm a huge fan of the natural ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

My dad has told me for years now to stop using regular deoderant because it's linked to breast cancer. I finally took his advice and bought this 'healthy' deoderant and I'm so glad I did. I used to have to use clinical strength stuff and it still would not work that great. Since I've switched to this brand I've had zero underarm irritation. It works great, even in 100+ degree weather. You have to get used to the consistency b/c it felt a bit wet when I first tried it, but after a week or so it's fine.

I got it in the regular vanilla scent and it smells great; doesn't even really smell like vanilla to me. It's a unisex scent because my husband loves it too.

Although this product is pricey, it's worth it if what they say about 'regular' deoderant is true. What's more important? Your health or your wallet?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by sparkletrash

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried virtually every natural deodorant on the market. This one worked great, smelled great and did not irritate my skin.

Problem is it's too expensive to justify buying again. It didn't last terribly long.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by bronislava

I love lavanila, but the deodorant is mediocre. It smells wonderful, has natural ingredients, etc, but wears off quickly and doesn't even mask heavy sweating. It's more like a fragrant underarm butter. I'll try it with a deodorant crystal, but I'm still looking for a really nice, natural deodorant.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No