July 30, 2014 | 1772 users online

Deodorants - Lavanila - The Healthy Deodorant

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by missmelodyskye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I read great reviews on Sephora and watched great reviews on Youtube, but this stuff SUCKS! I am one of those people who cannot use "commercial" deodorants like Suave, Secret, etc because it makes my armpits break out and itch, so I am always on the look out for different natural deodorants. I was a little taken aback by the price (18$) but figured it would be worth it if it worked. WRONG. This stuff doesn't work at all! My job is very sedentary but if I so much as get up to use the restroom with this deodorant on, I start to reek! The smell of this stuff (plain Vanilla) is also kind of weird. I liked it initially but after awhile it starts smelling like a gross baby powder smell. Even if this did work, I really don't understand why they have to charge nearly twenty dollars for a deodorant. The only "pluses" this product has is that the packaging is cute and it didn't break my armpits out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

to be honest, i really don't have a problem with b.o. or pit stains or anything. just some slightly uncomfortable dampness is all. however, i like smelling fresh and being dry so i'll put on some when i know i'll be moving around a lot. my problem is a lot of normal deodorants (secret, degree, and some dove) will give me a terrible reaction where my pits crack and bleed (ouch). the only deodorant that was perfect for me was teen spirit but i can't find it anywhere :(. the term 'healthy deodorant' is what drew me and lead me to believe that this would be effective, yet gentle on my sensitive pits. what sold me was the smell. i picked up the vanilla coconut and oh my god.. heaven. i can't stop smelling myself. to me, it comes across as a vanilla cake with a powdery essence to it. i love it. the only thing i don't love is how it does show up very white at first and will transfer onto clothing. and an $18 price tag doesn't please me either but i smell delicious and i'm not in pain. i'm going to see how long this lasts me and then decide if i'll actually buy it again. if it only lasts me a month then unfortunately, as much as i love it, there's no way i will allow myself to continue to purchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Gingerbelle8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the smell of this deodorant but sadly it does nothing for my stinky pits. :( I love looking for more safer alternatives to help with my nasty body odour issue, but usually they don't even work. Also, this really stains black clothes...so that's no good.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by SoVeryChic1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this deodorant and have repurchased it many times. I had tried numerous different brands before this and none would keep the odor or perspiration at bay. Now that I've found this, I'll never look back.

I did take one star off because, like others have mentioned, I have also noticed that the body odor smell is much more potent than normal after this deodorant has worn off or in the morning before I shower.

My other complaint is the price. In my opinion, $18 for deodorant is ridiculous and basically price gouging. I guess we're the suckers who continue to pay it though :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by LizzyK

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Sadly although this deodorant works better than any other I've used I can't buy it anymore. After, a week or so my underarms starting getting red and raw. After a few days reverting to my old deodorant I was back to normal. I still use it, but I switch back and forth between this and my old brand. Which seems to work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always, as an adult, had problems finding a really great anti-perspirant/deodorant that really did the job, since I do sweat, and tend to stink if I'm not wearing a good deodorant! I have been using Mitchum which has been a life saver for me, since it works better than any other deodorant on the market, IMO. However, there is an exception, and wow- it's natural, too! I chose the Coconut Vanilla scent since it smells divine (mostly just really vanilla smelling) and I'll tell you what- I was impressed! It smells wonderful and it kept me covered almost just as good as Mitchum! I like to wear this when I want my deodorant to smell nicer than good 'ol Mitchum (no offense, my dear Mitchum)... It looks like it might last me a long time, too. I'd re-purchase of course, but will always have Mitchum in my "rotation" ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by PitbullLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always used drug store deodorant, and that didn't seem to helping me stay "fresh" smelling all day. I ended up buying this product, I love the smell of it (Vanilla Passion Fruit). The first week I loved it, I went all day/night without any issue. Than it started to work a little less, and now it's been about a month since I've been using it and it seems to only work for a few hours. It's wierd. I wanted to love this product but I guess I need to continue my search!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by katarczyna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bottom line: I stunk by the end of the day.

Do I really need to say more?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by kwallis88

Pretty expensive for a deodorant. That being said, I love it! Lasts all day, and I don't have to worry about the harmful ingredients that is on other deodorants. Love the Vanilla Grapefruit scent!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by kahealani63

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many women on here, I was ISO a natural deodorant that was aluminum free. I hate this stuff. Not only is it pricey ($18), but it left my underarms raw and red. I don't understand why it would do this, because it seems like it would work better than other deodorants that are natural. It smells good and the texture gives your underarms a cool smooth feeling. BUT it sucks. I'm disappointed because I really like the smell of it. I wouldn't recommend buying this for those who have sensitive skin. Something in this deodorant gives an allergic reaction. I tried this product for nearly a month thinking that maybe it would get better and my underarms weren't used to it, it just got worse. It actually started to hurt. So beware and think twice before being tempted to try this.