December 22, 2014 | 1692 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by shoegal2122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. It feels nice on the skin and is moderately abrasive. It does help control oil and any blemishes have improved since using this product. It last a long time and just a little pinch of the product goes a long way. The only drawback to this is it is black colored and will stick to your shower. The only way to wash it off is with cleaning products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this along with Angels on Bare Skin to try for NZ$18.90 each. I think for the price it gives a decent amount of product as you only need to use a pea size each time. I bought this primarily for an exfoliant to use once or twice a week in the shower (very messy!). Don't know what it is but I'm not completely sold on it yet. Maybe it's because it feels too harsh on my skin? It just feels scratchy and I don't like the smell at all. But other than that, it seems to exfoliate well enough, and my skin doesn't come out looking red or irritated after. Probably won't repurchase, but keen to try other Lush exfoliators.
EDIT: This has now become my everyday face wash, and my skin has never looked better!! I ran out of the AOBS and decided to use this up before purchasing that again, and it is much better for my skin. It says on the tub it's like Angels on Bare Skin for oily girls. My skin isn't all that oily but I do a pre-cleanse to take off my makeup with coconut oil and I think this takes all of that off my face and doesn't leave any residue. It's not as messy as I thought once you get the hang of using it. Will definitely repurchase after I finish this tub!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very oily skin that is prone to breakouts, and I like having a cleanser that will exfoliate my skin regularly. When I use something with a bit of exfoliant and natural ingredients once a day my skin seems to clear up and I no longer have any noticeable breakouts or redness on my face. I bought an $19 container of this from LUSH and figured it would be ok, since I haven't had any other problems with Herbalism or anything else, and I live far away from a LUSH store so I don't like having to get samples and go back! It seemed ok for a few days and then it seemed to start making my skin irritated and itchy. When I use something different however (like a mask or different cleanser) it doesn't seem to bother me. I am thinking maybe it is an ingredient in the Dark Angels cleanser whether it is natural or not it would be easy for something to irritate my skin and give me an allergic reaction.
I have also been using Mask of Magnaminty, Herbalism, and Brazened Honey and none of these products irritate my skin so I have decided I will continue using them, and just stop using the Dark Angels cleanser.
I do like the smell, and I love how rough it scrubs your skin. I would recommend using it in the shower like I did if you are going to use this cleanser because it is so dark colored and could be a bit messy to clean up anywhere else.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Angeleyesmdc

I started using this product a little over a month ago. I'm pregnant and have been having a horrible time with breakouts. I don't like putting harsh chemicals on my face, so I decided to give lush a try. At first, I couldn't stand the smell, but it has grown on me. It's kinda earthy, but not unpleasant. I use this morning and night and follow it with a quick rub with fresh farmacy to remove any residue. I then follow with a Boots Botanical toner and gel lotion. My face has calmed down and I haven't had any big, painful cysts like I was getting before. I did break out once, but that was after a weekend at the lake with sunscreen on my face for 2 days. I've noticed some people complaining about the mess, but I always get water everywhere when I wash my face, so it doesn't make a difference to me. Hopefully my routine continues to work after the baby is born!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really enjoying this product! I have noticed a reduction in the amount of oil on my skin now which is great! On the pricier side- But i guess that's what you pay for quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Ok, yeah..this product is not targeted to my skin type but I just had to try it. It looks so cool and smells so good IMO. It does exfoliate but not really evenly, nor smoothly. It's a bit scratchy, so you have to be mindful of the pressure you use while scrubbing. On the negative, it doesn't rinse completely clean so I would recommend following with a gel cleanser. After using, my skin does feel a bit softer but since it doesn't rinse clean and it's a bit too scratchy for my taste....i doubt I'd splurge on a full container. Not bad though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by margueta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin and I'm prone to acne. After using the product, I noticeably saw how smooth and soft my face looked. In addition, my face felt rather refreshed from using this. This is a corse exfoliator and I really feel the deep cleansing as I message it on my face. I recommend messaging this in circular motions and applying a face mask afterwards (I use cosmetic warrior--also from lush). Overall, I'm pleased that it helped me with my acne after continuous usage.

I guess one of the downsides of using this product is washing it off. It's sturdier and requires more effort and time, but I don't mind. It works for me so I find it's worth it.

Lastly, I like how you can ask the salesperson how much you want of this, so I usually ask for $3 worth of Dark Angels and it lasts me over a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Yoora

So i just bought this cleanser this afternoon with my mother. She, being the sweet asian woman she was, pointed out my face (which has broke out recently) is dirty.

So I thought of Lush and it has been a while since I walked in. I bought this after contemplating this with the other charcoal scrub. My skin is no sensitive at all, at least I don't think so, which I love.

Anyways, I bought it, came home hours later, bought it and just used it. My skin looks awesome after I used it. I don't see any bad reactions to it yet. But i'm hoping I can continue loving and not change this review.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Beccaberetta

I bought this product after a friend let me try it and I am obsessed. If you buy it at the store they will weigh out whatever amount you want by price so I got $10 worth and it goes a long way. I mix a little less than a quarter size with two drops of water and it makes a great scrubby paste. After a week my pores feel smaller. I will definitely keep using it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am a fairly new customer of Lush. I am not an all-natural, organic, homegrown type of fanatic but it's nice to know it's fresh nevertheless.

This should not be called simply a cleanser, this should be labeled a scrub before all else. It's too abrasive as an everyday cleanser. I have not noticed *improvement* in my skin, but it hasn't *irritated* it as other scrubs and cleansers do either. So I'm gonna stick with it for a while and see how effective it is. My main concerns are oil control and just sloughing off dead skin cells. This definitely softens the skin and removes the dead skin, but I can't really tell yet if it's made a difference on the oil production.

A little goes a long way with this. You can request a generous free sample at the Lush store before you buy.