October 1, 2014 | 1972 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Dark Angels

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Ok, yeah..this product is not targeted to my skin type but I just had to try it. It looks so cool and smells so good IMO. It does exfoliate but not really evenly, nor smoothly. It's a bit scratchy, so you have to be mindful of the pressure you use while scrubbing. On the negative, it doesn't rinse completely clean so I would recommend following with a gel cleanser. After using, my skin does feel a bit softer but since it doesn't rinse clean and it's a bit too scratchy for my taste....i doubt I'd splurge on a full container. Not bad though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by margueta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin and I'm prone to acne. After using the product, I noticeably saw how smooth and soft my face looked. In addition, my face felt rather refreshed from using this. This is a corse exfoliator and I really feel the deep cleansing as I message it on my face. I recommend messaging this in circular motions and applying a face mask afterwards (I use cosmetic warrior--also from lush). Overall, I'm pleased that it helped me with my acne after continuous usage.

I guess one of the downsides of using this product is washing it off. It's sturdier and requires more effort and time, but I don't mind. It works for me so I find it's worth it.

Lastly, I like how you can ask the salesperson how much you want of this, so I usually ask for $3 worth of Dark Angels and it lasts me over a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Yoora

So i just bought this cleanser this afternoon with my mother. She, being the sweet asian woman she was, pointed out my face (which has broke out recently) is dirty.

So I thought of Lush and it has been a while since I walked in. I bought this after contemplating this with the other charcoal scrub. My skin is no sensitive at all, at least I don't think so, which I love.

Anyways, I bought it, came home hours later, bought it and just used it. My skin looks awesome after I used it. I don't see any bad reactions to it yet. But i'm hoping I can continue loving and not change this review.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Beccaberetta

I bought this product after a friend let me try it and I am obsessed. If you buy it at the store they will weigh out whatever amount you want by price so I got $10 worth and it goes a long way. I mix a little less than a quarter size with two drops of water and it makes a great scrubby paste. After a week my pores feel smaller. I will definitely keep using it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am a fairly new customer of Lush. I am not an all-natural, organic, homegrown type of fanatic but it's nice to know it's fresh nevertheless.

This should not be called simply a cleanser, this should be labeled a scrub before all else. It's too abrasive as an everyday cleanser. I have not noticed *improvement* in my skin, but it hasn't *irritated* it as other scrubs and cleansers do either. So I'm gonna stick with it for a while and see how effective it is. My main concerns are oil control and just sloughing off dead skin cells. This definitely softens the skin and removes the dead skin, but I can't really tell yet if it's made a difference on the oil production.

A little goes a long way with this. You can request a generous free sample at the Lush store before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ericatomars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a trial. I was really surprised by how much i enjoyed it.

Alot of people are off by the smell. But I personally do think its that strong and considering the ingredients in it. I would expect a funny smell.

Now to the fun part.. all you need is a piece and work it in with some water to make a paste then add to your face. Get in there.. its a great exfoliate and its not as rough as Sea Salt. Its smoothing and relaxing. Then I grab my wash cloth and wipe it off. I feel clean and refreshed. I know some have said it left marks on their face or clogged their pores. I have not had either. It wipes off without a problem with warm water.

And yes it could get messy.. but I've never had any crazy mess.

I really enjoy this product and would defiantly would purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by giraldo

After years of battling with acne, this is the ONLY thing that got rid of it.

I also use it on the shower almost everyday, I'm very pale and this doesn't leave my face stained at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Sweetspy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The sales lady recommended me this when I asked her something good for acne. I brought home and tried immediately because I was so looking forward to it. After that my skin didn't seem to like it, at first I thought may be its a first use so I didn't feel good again after few days I applied it and the result was nothing... The ultimate disappointments. I didn't want to apply anymore as I could see no any difference. I gave one of my friends to use it, surprisingly it worked for her though. I could see her acnes were disappearing. My bad this product was not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the delicious scent of this. However, my skin is rarely oily enough to warrant such a drying cleanser. I also find it a little too abrasive for my sensitive skin, even if I apply it gently. I have used it on my mam during facials though and she really liked it. it does stain a little, and if not properly removed, it can dull the appearance of your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Cmappelt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You have to overlook some issues with this stuff to appreciate it. First the negatives: it's messy, will stain sink and tub, you'll have to use toner or cleanse again after, and you can't use it with the Mia, plus packaging is weird. Positives: you can overlook these things because this is an effective, nice-smelling product that has an awesome texture and will leave you smooth and bright. It's a squidgy, charcoal cleanser. Mix a little water, spread over face and let sit while you brush your teeth. Then add a little more water and exfoliate with circular motions, being gentle. Rinse off and cleanse with the most gentle cleanser you can find like purpose face wash or cetaphil. Then use a toner like witch hazel. I do this routine once or twice a week. I always put the product in a different container first. Along with using my mia the rest if the week, my skin loves this.