September 20, 2014 | 1776 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ncarro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

When I was in high school, my dermatologist tried me on a few different topical acne treatments before landing on Accutane. In the meantime, I often had strong reactions to the acne medications I was using, and one night my skin felt like it was burning and I was in extreme pain. I went to see my pharmacist and he recommended I use this product to calm my skin, and I've been using it ever since. It helps my skin feel hydrated and soft and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I've recently switched to the SPF 15 version of this product and I love that too. A great gentle moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This moisturizer did nothing for my skin... if anything, it made my skin dryer! After using this moisturizer for a couple weeks, my cheeks were so dry that the skin was flaking off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Shampooaholic

This is a great everyday moisturizer. I've been using it for a year now and will buy again. It's nice and light a doesn't make my acne prone skin breakout. I put it on after I wash my face while it's still damp and it absorbs nicely. Best moisturizier for sensative skin I have EVER used!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by pokejen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I loved, used, and repurchased this moisturizer for over a year. I initially bought it because it said it was oil free and for sensitive skin. I have acne-prone and sensitive skin so I thought it would be perfect. It has a nice consistency, is light, moisturizes well but takes awhile to sink in. I've had acne all my life so breakouts aren't new to me and I thought there was no way this product could cause them. I had acne the whole time I used this moisturizer (on my chin which was normal but also on my cheeks and forehead which were unusual and not normal places for me to breakout) I recently decided that it had to be something I was using because I did not hormonally breakout on the forehead and cheeks. I eliminated products from my routine one by one and didn't notice any improvement until I stopped using this moisturizer. The breakouts on my forehead and cheeks have stopped completely. It made me sad that it was the cause of my acne because I really did like this moisturizer. I'm sure this product works great for some people out there but it just isn't for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

I bought this for my boyfriend who has very sensitive skin and refuses to wear anything oily. I tried it and it is a very basic but very good moisturizer even for the dry winter months. It has no fragrance. It also lacks sophisticated ingredients like antioxidants and the like, but since it is for sensitive skin they have been omitted naturally.
I have this in my make up bag when i travel and it is great and if i lose it, no matter it was only 10 dolllars.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by 1017

My DH has used this plain jane moisturizer for years and years. He has always had dry skin, but growing up his parents didn't so he never had help with his discomfort. Then he met me, was complaining about it one day and I got this per a Derms rec for me one time (we are talking 1998). He seems to have no reaction...he loves the way it feels. I have tried to get him to use my Olay Complete so he has some SPF, but he likes the less shiny look of this and likes that no matter how dry his skin is...he can slather this on.

Now, he shares none of my concerns. However, over the 17 years we have been together, he has developed what looks like rosacea. He is hispanic so he isn't that light and doesn't have that much red to his skin naturally. I would love to find him a more comprehensive, soothing, possibly SPF moisturizer, but I can't get him to use anything but this now.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by honeybeehoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had this product just to moisture my skin which was full acne few years back!! at time of purchase i was happy to see the reviews but it made me so upset..... after 4 to 5 application skin got red flacks and acne started heading out !!! oh crappp !! i am not gona purchase this shit again

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by wq13

Let me just start off by saying that this is the absolute worst moisturizer I have ever used.
It is supposed to be for sensitive skin (or at least that's that the box said), but it BURNS. If you have some dry patches or if you accidentally get it in your eye, it burns badly.
When I first started using this, my skin became really irritated after about a week. It was actually painful to wash my face or put makeup on. Makeup didn't even look right when I put it on because that's how bad my skin looked. I didn't realize that this moisturizer was doing it to my skin; I thought it was my facial cleanser or something.
But recently, I started using Cera Ve's PM Moisturizer at night instead of this and my skin is healing/improving. This is definitely going into the trash where it belongs.
Because of this horrible experience, I will never purchase another Neutrogena moisturizer. If you truly have sensitive skin, (my skin isn't really extremely sensitive) then you will most likely not react well to this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Glossifyed

I bought this because I was out of moisturizer and I desperately needed something sensitive because I was breaking out terribly. I chose this because I've never had a problem with Neutrogena moisturizers in the past (I've tried two night creams). It took me two months of use to figure out that this was the exact product that was escalating my acne. It goes on very smooth and has a light non greasy finish which I loved. I really loved everything about this product tbh but my number of breakouts kept growing. They were painful pus filled white heads all over my cheeks when id wake up or on my jawline and chin area that i mistakenly attributed to hormonal reasons. I finally eliminated this product and my skin went back to what I consider normal. I had half a bottle left that I threw out. Overall packaging is great and feel of the product is excellent.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Nice moisturiser to use before (water-based) foundation application