October 1, 2014 | 1886 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Extra Volume Collagen Mascara Blackest Black

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ARIEL17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this mascara and i think it works great for volumizing and lengthening! People tell me that my lashes look really long, pretty, and also ask me if im wearing false eyelashes, which i dont. The only con is that it tends clumping a little after a few coats. But other than that its awesome!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by smallmediumatlrg

The brush on this mascara looks NOTHING like what is on the packaging and in the ads. When the brush bristles themselves are clumping together you know the mascara is bad. At least it was cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by vbgurlie5757

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so happy I bought this mascara. I usually spend $20 or so on high end mascaras that don't give me the results I want. But this makes my lashes extremely volumized and even lengthens them slightly. It does dry a little crunchy but I've pretty much found that mascara does that to my lashes so I'll get over it. But I will definately repurchase- I haven't found a mascara that volumizes my lashes like this does in a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by mininana

I was very excited to try my first L'oreal mascara. I've been using L'ancome hypnose for ages, and this is my third day with the L'oreal one.

1) Wand HURTS. :( It's irritating to my eyelash base.
2) Leaves my eyelashes very very hard. I'm not sure about this as the lancome one seemed to be a whole lot softer.
3) The blackest black isn't that black...

I won't be buying again but I will be using this until it runs out. I don't believe in returning mascara. I'm just sad I got two of them. I've been using them daily and the hurting issue has gone away as I'm less harsh on my eyelashes when applying but now I also noticed that my eyelashes look over done when I do more than two coats. I was used to doing multiple coats with my lancome because I have short and stubby lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by speechiegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

An oversized wand paired with a dry, flakey formula. This stuff is useless.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by appledee2

This mascara works like a high end mascara in my opinion. It's not meant for a natural look because it will give you a ton of volume. I especially like to apply several coats and separate my lashes with the comb. You will need to comb your lashes if you plan on using several coats. It's my favorite mascara at the moment!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by AuroraApril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara! I am a mascara addict and have tried tons and tons of brands, drug store and high-end. I have naturally very long lashes, so I start with a lengthening mascara of a different brand. Then I add this ExtraVolume Collagen on top. Its fantastic! It adds volume to my long lashes and thickens them to false proportions. Doesn't flake either! The one qualm I have is it CAN clump, but after a few coats I simply use an eyelash comb to finish- Minimal extra effort but its worth it! I wouldn't suggest this mascara for users with naturally short or medium lashes either.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by shoefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I have the Telescopic and it doesn't make my eyes itchy, but I wanted more volume. This makes my eyes itchy, clumps, flakes, and is basically horrible. The brush sucks too. It was $5 on sale, so that should have been a sign. I suggest using the Telescopic Carbon Black because it has a little rubber brush and doesn't clump but makes your lashes longer. I just wish it gave more volume. It also comes in a wide tube that is kind of too big to carry around in your purse.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by LoHopalong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like another reviewer, I experienced my eyelashes being destroyed by this mascara. I didn't sleep in it like her, but I had it on for a 12+ hour day. It shortened my eyelashes by half, though it happened in a more extreme way on my right eye.
I was in a state of shock when I went to curl my eyelashes and found they were so stubby I couldn't even grasp some of them.

That said, I think the outer casing is very appealing.

Naturally, it is up to the reader as to whether or not they want to take heed. When I read the other reviewer's experience I was a little shocked, since I have never heard of that happening before. I figured it was an over exaggeration, or a fluke. I know now that it wasn't. Naturally, I won't buy this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by notmyryan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hated this mascara. When I look for a mascara, I want something that gives me volume and this was zippo. It didn't do anything for length either. It made my lashes really hard, got clumpy on first application. Just not good at all! Even blackest-black wasn't that black. I'm returning it asap.