April 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Amazing Base Loose Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amazing is right. Goes on smoothly with no grab, not chalky, settles to a matte finish, lasts all day. I love it. I first tried in a color too dark for me but liked it so I ordered a step down and it is perfect. For ref I am a PPP and light beige is a good color for me. Also pricey but you can find it cheaper if you look. I love mmu and this has made me love it even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by thenaillounge

I love the Jane Iredale range, and I use the Amazing base loose and on occasion I wear the pressed powder. I have never experienced itching, or any negative sides to the range - and I am super sensitive and am prone to dry areas around my nose, which most makeup makes worse. I genuinely have experienced no issues from using the range, apart from everyone saying my skin looks amazing, which to be fair is no issue at all. I generally purchase my Jane Iredale products from www.spicebeauty.co.uk as I know what products I am looking for - I do not need to purchase in a salon. This site is very competitive with the pricing - they pay all your VAT and they post free of charge.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by colleenwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love the color I got matched with - Amber - it really made my skin glow but oh my god the ITCHING!! I don't know what is in this stuff that makes my face itch but it is unbearable. Although when I first apply it the color is beautiful and like I said makes my skin glow but within a half hour my nose begins itching and pretty soon I barely look like I am wearing foundation. The coverage is very light and the ITCHING!!!! UGH!!! Does anyone else have this problem. I thought this stuff was supposed to be all natural and good for your skin. What is causing this itching!!! Sorry, won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG mineral foundation! After using it for half a year my skin got much more clear! But I must say that my skin felt a bit itchy when I started to use it. Now I don't have this problem any more. I have this foundation in Ivory, which is perfect for me, specially in colder days, together with a light bronzer. I'm gonna try it in Bisque now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Moe7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this product. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin with eczema and this does not irritate it at all, even when i use it ontop of the area of my face that has flared up. It gives a beatiful coverage and finish even when using small amounts. The jar is pretty large too so the foundation will last me for quite some time. What i love about this is that you can add more and more product if needed without looking all... powdery (just give it 15 minutes to set). I will repurches when i run out

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

I am so angry! I paid an arm and a leg for the amazing base and powder brush and then I find out that it has algae extract in it, which is an acne causing ingredient. No wonder I have these little bumps on my face that won't go away! I can positively say that nothing else I am using could possibly be causing these little bumps. I thought it was just my skin being stubborn, but I am happy to say I figured out that it was this stupid powder.

The sales lady convinced me that this was all natural, which was a lie because there is dimethicone it, and that it was a great product. LIES! The dimethicone I am okay with because it does not make me break out, but I can't believe there is algae extract in here.

If you don't have sensitive skin, then feel free to use it as it is a decent foundation powder and has SPF 20, but if you have sensitive, acneic skin, AVOID this like the dickens!

*UPDATE* Skin cleared up after only two days of not using this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Abbieness

I have been using this for over 2 weeks now and I am very impressed. I think 'light beige' is the best color match i have ever found in a foundation. I found if use my mac skunk brush i get the best application. I used a cheaper kabuki brush and it didn't spread as evenly. No breakouts. Does not accentuate lines, seems to make them less visible, if you can believe it. I don't think it would work well for really dry skin, mine is combo and in the dry spots it can show flakies but not as bad as other products i've tried. Foundations I've stuck with for longer periods of time and now moved on from: Stila Illuminating; MUFE Velvet Matte; MUFE F&B; Shiseido the Powdery. My skin is combo sensitive, prone to breakout. I have issues with hyperpigmentation, red acne scars, wrinkles around eyes and mouth. This foundation gives me natural looking coverage. I use Shiseido color control stick, MUFE full cover concealer, and clinique pore minimizer underneath and this seems to be a good combo at the moment. It has no cakiness, and it makes me look like i have naturally nice skin, which I don't. I will definitely repurchase. UPDATE: as it turns out it turns orange on me. can't use it after all!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by w5bjm

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love Amazing Base! I am on my fourth jar of the loose powder and I will buy another when this is gone (It does last a very long time, so the relatively high price is actually a real bargain in the long run.) I wear Radiant and it is a perfect match for my skin. I am well over 50 and I get compliments all the time on my beautiful skin--Thanks, Jane Iredale! I also love the blush and the concealer.

I am adding to my review, because I have read several negative reviews that state that the product does not apply well, etc. While everyone is different, I have found that Amazing Base goes on so much better on clean, moisturized skin. That is how they showed me at the dermatologist's office, and it works. I put on my moisturizer (Cerave Face Lotion), let it soak in while I brush my teeth and dry my hair, then I add my lifting and firming cream and my Amazing Base. Works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by cedar

For a mineral base makeup this is my favorite so far. It doesn't cause me to breakout or have a cakey look like others I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by shbea

You must try the color on first, but this stuff is amazing. Lasts all day, covers full but looks like wearing nothing. I wear a very dark color, but my skin isnt dark, THIS IS MY HG - have tried everything, this is the one!