November 24, 2014 | 2043 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Amazing Base Loose Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by juinfille

This is the BEST mineral make-up I've ever seen. It's the the best foundation I've ever used! Goes on flawlessly and stays on (using Balance Hydrating Spray or D20 to set it). The Natural shade is a perfect match. LOVE JI. !!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by MaggieN

I am using the amazing loose mineral foundation in Warm Silk. For ref, I'm asian with fair-medium skintone, I've used nc27 in Mac, Christian Dior Nude liquid makeup in Linen, Laura Mercier mineral foundation in Real Sand. The coverage is sheer to medium, I need to use concealor if I have some discoloration/marks on my face before using the mineral, it doesn't cover everything. The finish is natural looking, not -cake-on powdery like, a little bit of a sheen but not too much. It makes my complexion looks more radiant and eventone even though it doesn't cover every spot/marks on your face. I also use the purepressed base, and the purepressed base is a bit more matt finish than this one. This mineral foundation does not really matify your face if this is what your looking for, I need to apply a loose powder after this to make it more matt or use oil blotting sheet every once in a while to get rid of oil, but it seem I have to do the same with every kind of makeup.

Update: I'm reducing this foundation to 4 stars (more accurately 3.5). This foundation doesn't really give me the coverage that I need, it's really sheer, and it doesn't last on me much at all, after wearing this for a couple of hours and if I don't blot my face and it gets oil, the foundation would clump together into spots on my forehead, I think that this is due to the very finely mill consistentcy of this foundation. I still think this foundation would be great for other skin-type but just not that great for me at the moment. It's probably better for someone wanting natural sheer coverage, non-irritating ingredient for sensitive skin, someone with combo/dry skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by highcee24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only use a small amount each time, but it's enough to give me flawless, illuminating and most importantly natural looking skin. No one ever thinks I'm wearing foundation, they just think I have great skin. I set this foundation with the Jane Iredale Balance mist, and use it once or twice more throughout the day to keep my face looking fresh and dewy. Of all the loose powders out there, this is a really good product. I would recommend this to those with normal/combo skin rather than oily though. Or at least avoid it on your oily spots -- I use pressed powder on my t-zone and this loose powder everywhere else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Eva5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I havent tried a lot of mineral makeup. After doing some research I thought I would 'put my toe in the water' with this line. A salon I use nearby sells this stuff but I don't like the pressure of having someone stand over me telling me the colours they think are 'just me' only to get home and find that they really aren't right for me at all. I prefer to trust my own judgement now. I checked out the colours from the really well thought out and helpful site and then ordered some little pots through the mail. Warm silk over fake tan made my skin look golden and lit from within. I was in awe of this affect but thought it a little pale on its own. I settled on Warm Sienna which is quite yellowy and yet it seems to work. I also like Radiance and think I will try it next ( I am fair with golden undertones). Maybe mix the two even. My skin is in better condition and not 'bunged up' so much since stopping using the other foundations I used to use. I noticed this when I tried a liquid one after using the mineral powder. I didn't like the look of this under spotlights when shopping so don't wear it all the time now. However, it photographs beautifully. Its meant to be water resistant so I wear it swimming, though it doesnt really endure underwater swimming! This really came into its own on holiday in very hot weather. A quick brush over with a foundation brush, touch of concealer and blusher, lipgloss, mascara= done. It stayed on all day, looked great, felt light and I didnt feel ridiculous with a full face of makeup in 90 degrees, or return home to a full face of zits. Its also easier to clean off than liquid makeup. Its not foolproof but certainly has its uses. It lasts a long time too but, as with all these powders, its messy ( I always have a square of kitchen roll under the pot). I plan to maybe try a few other lines in future but really like the coverage of this and skin looks even toned. It is matt initially but as your oils come through I think it wears better and better and looks so natural, not deadpan as with a heavy liquid. It doesn't break me out. Now and again, if I have been exercising eg. with it on I felt it sting a little. I have some visible pores on the top of my cheeks and it glows off them and I don't like that. maybe a primer will help. It doesn't cover spots well so you still need to use a concealer and brightener around eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by lexley0602

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

They should rename this CRAP BASE because that is the only word that comes to mind. After purchasing Warm Silk and trying this on at home, I had to reapply this several times to build up the coverage. And my skin tone is even and smooth. I exfoliate on a regular basis and tone/moisurise religiously, but after one hour I had small dry flaky patches on my face. I was so disappointed, I returned to the store where I purchased this and asked them if I was preparing my skin correctly and if there was another product I should use prior to the mineral powder. They suggested the pure matte powder which I had read you should apply under the mineral powder, not on top, which I did. Still,the powder after 2 hours just disolved into my pores and the product started separating. This is supposed to be 'highly pigmented' - I know this is not true. Over priced and over rated...very disappointed!! DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I have tried every mineral powder on the market and the only one that is good is Nude by Nature. But you have to use a lot of this product to get sufficient coverage as the pigments in this product are very light. Back to liquid foundation for me!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amazing is right. Goes on smoothly with no grab, not chalky, settles to a matte finish, lasts all day. I love it. I first tried in a color too dark for me but liked it so I ordered a step down and it is perfect. For ref I am a PPP and light beige is a good color for me. Also pricey but you can find it cheaper if you look. I love mmu and this has made me love it even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by thenaillounge

I love the Jane Iredale range, and I use the Amazing base loose and on occasion I wear the pressed powder. I have never experienced itching, or any negative sides to the range - and I am super sensitive and am prone to dry areas around my nose, which most makeup makes worse. I genuinely have experienced no issues from using the range, apart from everyone saying my skin looks amazing, which to be fair is no issue at all. I generally purchase my Jane Iredale products from www.spicebeauty.co.uk as I know what products I am looking for - I do not need to purchase in a salon. This site is very competitive with the pricing - they pay all your VAT and they post free of charge.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by colleenwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love the color I got matched with - Amber - it really made my skin glow but oh my god the ITCHING!! I don't know what is in this stuff that makes my face itch but it is unbearable. Although when I first apply it the color is beautiful and like I said makes my skin glow but within a half hour my nose begins itching and pretty soon I barely look like I am wearing foundation. The coverage is very light and the ITCHING!!!! UGH!!! Does anyone else have this problem. I thought this stuff was supposed to be all natural and good for your skin. What is causing this itching!!! Sorry, won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2009 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG mineral foundation! After using it for half a year my skin got much more clear! But I must say that my skin felt a bit itchy when I started to use it. Now I don't have this problem any more. I have this foundation in Ivory, which is perfect for me, specially in colder days, together with a light bronzer. I'm gonna try it in Bisque now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Moe7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this product. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin with eczema and this does not irritate it at all, even when i use it ontop of the area of my face that has flared up. It gives a beatiful coverage and finish even when using small amounts. The jar is pretty large too so the foundation will last me for quite some time. What i love about this is that you can add more and more product if needed without looking all... powdery (just give it 15 minutes to set). I will repurches when i run out