November 28, 2014 | 1871 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by RosieeS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great lip balm. Leaves a natural glow to your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really like the softness of this balm.The color is hardly noticeable. It's kind of moisturizing, the packaging is adorable and it is luxurious. I have gone through a whole tube and I purchase these as gifts for friends and relatives. I hoard lip balms and my collection wouldn't be complete without this. It is not an end all be all balm, it's just Dior.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$32 USD. This feels like a waxy lip balm then disappears very quickly. While it hasn't damaged my lips, I can't tell whether it's helping either. It also did nothing for me as far as color enhancement. I'm severely disappointed. I thought this was supposed to enhance my natural lip color - I'm really into Benetint and thought this would be a more convenient way to get similar "natural" look. It just became an extremely expensive lip balm, so I'll be returning it (which I rarely do with Dior products).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by gossipqueen2108

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best lip balm I've I had. It's very moisturizing and is the only one that helps my cracked lip in this super dry weather. Although it's expensive, it's totally worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this balm. It is moisturizing, although not the most moisturizing lip product I've used, but that's not what I bought it for. It really makes my lips look so beautiful and bright healthy pink. If smells nice too. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have one that I bought 3-4 years ago, and I've been giving it chance after chance to do something. Nope...nothing!
On me, it doesn't change color (yep, it stays clear like a lip balm), it doesn't moisturize at all (it actually dries up my lips) and disappears within the hour, without me eating or drinking or even talking.
I think it's time for it to go to the garbage can :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by l0laxc0la

I love this stuff. It feels so smooth and hydrating on my lips and just feels so glamorous to apply with the amazing packaging. I have to make sure I don't run through this too fast as I just want to use it all the time. The color it gives me is very nice and natural, just my lips with a little something extra. Will definitely repurchase and think this would work for everyone!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually the first lip product that I have finished over such a short period of time! This is both a good thing, and a bad thing. The good thing is that I enjoyed the product enough to use it so often, the bad thing is that I felt the need to re-apply all the time when carrying this around.

The whole thing about lip balms is that they're supposed to moisturize, right? Well, this thing does not do that, at least not in my book. Dior is a luxury brand, but they do not take the ingredients that much in consideration. It's supposed to have top notch, caring ingredients, but they do not make it high enough on the ingredients list to give a truly caring effect on the lips. With that said, it still deserves a 4/5, because:

The smell is great,
The taste is non offensive and sweet,
It has spf 10,
And the packaging is sturdy and pretty.

The effect it gives on my lips is very smooth and somewhat glossy. I will say it "glows" more than it shines, which I guess makes the product live up to it's name. On my lips it's a bright barbie pink, while on my friend it looks like a dark pink, almost red-ish shade. Me and a pack of friends bought this when it came out, and it gave all of us a different, but wearable color. Very natural and suitable, especially if the thought of playing with bright colors intimidate you.

I give it a high rating because it's comfortable to wear both in looks and texture, but I won't give it a 5 because of the lack of moisture I experience. This is a product you would use because you want to look nice and put together, not because your lips feel dry and chapped. It doesn't do anything bad, but it won't do anything good either. It has a similar effect like vaseline, it just sits on top of your lips. Thankfully, this leaves you with a slight tint, so it'a not like the color is going to go MIA on you after 5 minutes. Note that if you use this as a lip balm, then you will run out very fast, because it does not perform well in that department. Still, I'm definitely going to re-purchase because of the look and feel it creates when applied. You can get it for a fair price on evilbay, if you take the sellers rating in consideration that is.

So yeah, all in all, worth the hype. If it's in your budget, then I would highly recommend it. If not, then there are lots of dupes out there that's worth a look. The Korean brand Missha has got a balm in a variety of colors that I'm itching to try out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jocox88

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I too am coming to the end of my tube of this. I liked it initially, but it's not as moisturizing as It Cosmetics Lip Vitality in Je Ne Sais Quoi! The It Cosmetics is half the price and, if you can keep it from breaking (it's only flaw) it is truly a your lips but better balm. My dentist (female) even asked what I was wearing when I had it on. Will not repurchase the Christian Dior even though the packaging is elegant.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by jeanyi

i love this balm so much. i am a big fan of the natural look and this balm is perf, i have an uneven lip tone and when i put two layers of this it'll mask the uneven colour and give me the perfect lip colour. i love that it doesn't look oily if u put too much on (unlike many other lipbalms) as well. real big fan of this and i'm so glad i got it as a gift but the price is really kinda steep. But for people who like the natural look, this balm would really enhance but not overdo.