October 21, 2014 | 1594 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by DollyBoots

I have 2 bottles of this and a spare, I love it(: hehe

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

Can't understand the good reviews for this product. For me, this holds no curl AND smudges like mad!
I have no problem with regular non-waterproof mascaras holding a curl, but this one just does not. Ten minutes in and my lashes are poker straight. Not the desired or expected effect from a waterproof mascara!
If that wasn't enough, it smudges, so that the first time I've used it, by the time I got to work, I had grey shadows under my eyes. I thought hey, maybe it was a one off, so tried it again a few more times - same result! Again, not what I'd expect from a waterproof mascara, especially since the only reason I use a waterproof one is because now that it's winter my eyes are a bit runny from the wind when I'm outside, so I don't want to end up with mascara under my eyes.
As for volume and length... it does give some volume, but it seems more natural to me, rather than full lashes, and I can't see much effect in terms of length. It also isn't as black as I'd like it.
Disappointing product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by kenziesport15

If you're looking for length, you can't go wrong. This mascara gives me unbelievable length! It looks quite natural, so usually I use it as a base and put a thicker masara on top so that it looks dark. But truely, it's cheap, and it works. It's worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ivycasull

I love this mascara!! I have really stubborn asian lashes but this mascara holds the curl perfectly. It doesn't flake and doesn't have the weird scents that other mascaras have. Will definitely repurchase ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by xoJemz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE this mascara! I'm 15 so this is the 6th mascara I've tried and it's absolutely the BEST (so far)! I've already started using my 2nd tube of it. I like it waaay better than its "sister" Volum' Express The Falsies Flared (waterproof). I've gone through 2 tubes of that then I finally decided to try this one since they're the same price, under or around $6 (depending where you purchase it). It gives me really nice volume and length as well. I curl my lashes then BAM! Thicker, longer lashes. I'm Filipino (Asian), my lashes aren't super thick or super long. I'd say it's pretty average because it isn't sparse either. I RECOMMEND this product to anyone! I don't think you could completely hate this product. I'm in the US so the packaging's different from the picture above. I don't have much to say about the packaging, yellow isn't my favorite color lol, but it's alright.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by FlyAwayTiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! Great volume and length. It doesn't clump and separates them perfectly! I love the smell, I know pretty weird. It has it all. My top mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Bossjade

I WILL NEVER, NEVER EVER, USE ANOTHER MASCARA BESIDES THIS ONE. GIVES MY LASHES INSANE VOLUME AND LENGTH, LOVE IT!! & IT LASTS VERY LONG

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by allycatgirl88

I got the waterproof Maybelline Colossal Volum'Express mascara in Glam Black and I think it's wonderful! I've bought this mascara several times over, and I can't see myself trying anything new because this works so well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by AllieMonique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Owning around 30 mascaras half of them being drugstore ones i found Maybelline's Volum' express the colossal one to be one of the best i have bought , for me it separated and lifted my lashes so they almost looked false.
i love this product and will buy it again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by KaylahJane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this mascara, and around the first week I noticed GREAT results. Then I started to notice that it would get flakey, clump together, and the mascara just wouldn't stay on really well. Its definitely a nice mascara, I just found that it didn't work too well for my eyelashes. :(