October 21, 2014 | 845 users online

Concealers - Smashbox - High Definition Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by nghane

I don't usually wear a foundation on my skin because I don't feel that I need it but I do need a concealer to cover up really bad under eye circles. I've tried a lot of different products and eventually came to find the Smashbox High Definition Concealer in medium. Although it's really a phenomenal product for hiding under eye circles, it's not ideal for covering blemishes. The reason for this is that it's a very liquidy concealer so it covers color but not bumps or pimples. I have noticed that people with oiler skin tend to crease with this product under their eyes so I would recomment setting it with a powder. Also, people with drier under eyes, like me, neeeed to use a moisturizer before or else the under eyes will get flakey. Other than that I love this concealer and have already repurchased. A little goes a long way with this and it blends beautifully so it really will last. My first bottle lasted my around seven months and I use it at least once a day!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by alwayysbluee

This concealer worked pretty well. It matched my skin tone perfectly and covered up my dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by r4chel77

I haven't owned this quite long but I was using a potted concealer and it just wasn't hydrating enough for under eye circles but I find that super moisturizing ones crease and don't last. This one has a thin formula that covers up under eye circles perfectly (and I like mine to be completely concealed) and it dries slowly, allowing for perfect blending. This covers up a slight blemish and redness but wouldn't be something I'd use on a major one. It's best as an under eye circle; I recommend thicker, potted concealers for blemishes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by karenandwill

Very runny, separates in the tube, does not cover well. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic concealer. I got it in a tone that has yellow undertones because I use it primarily for hiding undereye circles & over small blemishes/redness here and there. This concealer is GREAT for that. It is so easily blended, nice and smooth. The only thing is it creases easily if you put powder directly over the 'wet' layer. I generally find it works better if I let it set for a minute or two, dap it with a piece of tissue, then set it with powder. I also found the product works better if you shake it or 'roll' the tube between your hands to mix the concealer (this concealer tends to separate). But besides being slightly 'high maintenance', it does offer wonderful all day coverage for undereye circles and MILD blemishes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by julieejuicee

This is my first high end concealer. I wanted to buy the Amazing Concealer, but it was too orange for me, so I saw this in my price range and gave it a try. It's smooth, and not hard to blend at all! I really like the consistency. I just needed it to cover acne scars, and I find that using my fingers didn't work that well, but using a brush works wonderfully. I thought my under eye circles weren't toooo bad, so I never concealed them, but after using this on them, I look so much better! lol. It doesn't make me look like i'm wearing concealer, it looks very natural. I like!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by sickgirl13

I was introduced to this by a SA at Sephora and I liked it. It doesn't crease under the eyes and does cover pretty well. I hate the tiny skinny tube though. What is up with that??Either way, I will still buy another once my current tube runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this concealer for about a month and a half now, and I'm pretty pleased with it. I bought it after getting Smashbox's HD foundation and being impressed with it. I have the concealer in the shade "Fair" and it works perfectly for me (I'm an NC15). It glides on sooo smothly and really covers my undereye circles beautifully. It really brightens up the area and gives it a glow, and lasts for a really decent amount of time. Another bonus for me is that it doesn't settle in my natural undereye creases (not wrinkles, but creases I've had since I was a little kid) as much as all the other concealers I've tried do. I let my foundation set on my skin before applying this, and I usually only have to blend out what's settled into the creases once, whereas with other concealers I'm literally doing it throughout the enitre day. Yuck. I love to use this on the extreme redness I have around my nose as well, and it looks really great at first. Unfortunately, as the day goes on it tends to separate and cake up like all other concealers do on me on that area. I still use it there, I just have to make sure I pay attention and touch-up when needed. I don't generally (or ever, really) get blemishes so I can't comment on how well it covers those. Yes it's a bit costly, but to me, it's worth the price if it's doing a good job. Two beauty products that I'm willing to spend more on are concealer and foundation because, let's face it (no pun intended), if you have a horrible looking concealer or foundation, your whole look is ruined. There's no point in spending a bunch of time and money on expensive eyeshadows and blushes if your base looks like crap. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by afoxxylady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This concealer works really well for me. I don't have very dark under eye circles, but the circles that I do have are easily concealed with this product. I also use this on blemishes and veins on my forehead and this product is great for concealing those areas. I never get dry or flaky patches of skin where I've used this unlike many other concealers I've tried. The staying power is great too! Overall, I'm very pleased with this concealer and would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by pachalbel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best concealers I have ever used. It is semi-creamy and easily blended with fingers. I use it for both my under eye circles and discolorated areas on my skin. It looks natural, and stay long time when set with powder. The only bad thing is package! I hate it. I wish it had a pump...