Smashbox High Definition Concealer

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Propanediol, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Silica, Methicone, Ribose, Soy Isoflavones, Lecithin, Polysorbate 80, Alcohol, Angelica Archangelica Root Extract, Caffeine, Sodium Salicylate, Lysolecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Aspartame, Soybean Germ Extract, Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 8/6/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a pretty good concealer. I'd call it medium to full coverage. I took off one lipstick for the packaging, because I'd prefer a wand or a brush, but I just squeeze a bit onto the back of my hand. I dot it where I want it on my face and blend it out with a concealer brush. It blends nicely and doesn't accentuate any dry areas, or crease or collect in lines. I find that it covers well what I need it to, but I don't have any really dark circles or extreme redness. It's supposed to have a slight light reflecting quality but I don't notice that too much. It helps reduce the look of the pores on my nose a bit. It does stay put for a long time-it keeps up with my 10-12 hour days at work with no problems. I am very fair with a neutral-cool skin tone, and I use the shade fair, and it's an excellent match. I'm pretty sure I would buy it again, but I don't really care for the packaging. It's a bit expensive but a little really goes a long way!

on 7/27/2012 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Honestly, this product did not work AT ALL with me. I have very bad dark circles...that I have to wear a corrector then a concealer...someone at Macy's recommended this product to me and it worked well when she put it on me...but when I went home and tried the product myself, the texture is very thin and watery....it does not conceal and it does not even last an hour...I would not recommend this product if you have bad dark circles...because it will honestly be a waste of money....I think smashbox is good for their primers but for concealers..not so great!

on 7/9/2012 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This concealer just doesn't work for me. I found it to be bizarrely thin--not just in its coverage but its consistency. It spreads like a runny liquid. I use it for under my eye area (I have very dark circles) and I found when I blend it it virtually disappears. I've used comparable products from Lancome and Clinique and found them to be of much better quality. I think this might be good for someone looking for a very, very light coverage but in my opinion if you are spending over $20 on a concealer, you are probably looking for more coverage. On a more positive note, the colour selection is great and the product did not irritate my sensitive eye area.

on 6/13/2012 2:06:00 PM

I don't usually wear a foundation on my skin because I don't feel that I need it but I do need a concealer to cover up really bad under eye circles. I've tried a lot of different products and eventually came to find the Smashbox High Definition Concealer in medium. Although it's really a phenomenal product for hiding under eye circles, it's not ideal for covering blemishes. The reason for this is that it's a very liquidy concealer so it covers color but not bumps or pimples. I have noticed that people with oiler skin tend to crease with this product under their eyes so I would recomment setting it with a powder. Also, people with drier under eyes, like me, neeeed to use a moisturizer before or else the under eyes will get flakey. Other than that I love this concealer and have already repurchased. A little goes a long way with this and it blends beautifully so it really will last. My first bottle lasted my around seven months and I use it at least once a day!

on 6/13/2012 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer worked pretty well. It matched my skin tone perfectly and covered up my dark circles.

on 5/15/2012 10:48:00 PM

I haven't owned this quite long but I was using a potted concealer and it just wasn't hydrating enough for under eye circles but I find that super moisturizing ones crease and don't last. This one has a thin formula that covers up under eye circles perfectly (and I like mine to be completely concealed) and it dries slowly, allowing for perfect blending. This covers up a slight blemish and redness but wouldn't be something I'd use on a major one. It's best as an under eye circle; I recommend thicker, potted concealers for blemishes.

on 4/24/2012 9:29:00 PM

Very runny, separates in the tube, does not cover well. Waste of money.

on 4/24/2012 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is a fantastic concealer. I got it in a tone that has yellow undertones because I use it primarily for hiding undereye circles & over small blemishes/redness here and there. This concealer is GREAT for that. It is so easily blended, nice and smooth. The only thing is it creases easily if you put powder directly over the 'wet' layer. I generally find it works better if I let it set for a minute or two, dap it with a piece of tissue, then set it with powder. I also found the product works better if you shake it or 'roll' the tube between your hands to mix the concealer (this concealer tends to separate). But besides being slightly 'high maintenance', it does offer wonderful all day coverage for undereye circles and MILD blemishes

on 3/27/2012 9:39:00 PM

This is my first high end concealer. I wanted to buy the Amazing Concealer, but it was too orange for me, so I saw this in my price range and gave it a try. It's smooth, and not hard to blend at all! I really like the consistency. I just needed it to cover acne scars, and I find that using my fingers didn't work that well, but using a brush works wonderfully. I thought my under eye circles weren't toooo bad, so I never concealed them, but after using this on them, I look so much better! lol. It doesn't make me look like i'm wearing concealer, it looks very natural. I like!

on 3/16/2012 6:16:00 PM

I was introduced to this by a SA at Sephora and I liked it. It doesn't crease under the eyes and does cover pretty well. I hate the tiny skinny tube though. What is up with that??Either way, I will still buy another once my current tube runs out.

Top Rated Smashbox Products