December 20, 2014 | 1710 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very impressed with this designer foundation! I've never imagined that GA has such a wonderful m/u line.
I've bought like 2 weeks ago this magnificent foundation and I am very impressed. It goes on like silk (the name doesn't lie you) and it lasts almost all day long. I like it very-very much but even though, I can't decide if it's a HG or not. It competes with Estee Lauder Double Wear. The difference between it is that EL DW has a medium to full coverage and GA Lasting Silk is more on the natural side. I would wear GA LS in hot summer days or during day time , while EL DW would be very nice for nights out, in an artificial light.
Anyway, I'd buy this again; it's a good investment and even though it's expensive, I love it and I am truly convinced that it worth the money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this after the Luminous Silk appeared too shiny after an hour of wear on my face. This was perfect. It blends perfectly, gives great coverage, and feels nice on my face. But what I loved about it most was how amazingly perfect it made my skin look. So perfect, that after I washed it off I felt sad when I saw my naked skin revealed. I'm just not ready for foundation in my life, I'm scared I'll become an addict and never be able to leave the house without it. Plus it's expensive. So I'll wait a few more years. But when I'm ready, I won't bother to try anything else....just this.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by elizabethnuckolls

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I finally bit the bullet and bought this foundation from the GAUSA website. If you're reading this review, you're probably at the stage I was, just before purchasing. Tossing and turning over which color to get. Searching and watching YouTube reveiws, even if they aren't in your language....
So, on with it. I bought it in the color 4. I am rather light skinned. Normal skin type. Some times a bit of a shiney spot, sometimes a dry chin. But all in all "normal" if you will...whatever that means.
The foundation was average to me. I was drawn in by the boasting of the flawless coverage, the satin finish, and the SPF20. The bottle itself is great. The pump is killer of course, and it's great that it has a decent amount of SPF.
But again, the foundation to me, was only average. There was nothing special nor miraculous that happened when I wore it. I tried it with a flat foundation brush and with my favorite foundation application my Sephora #55 stippling brush. The foundation wasn't bad by any means. It did seem to last throughout the day. The finish is indeed a bit of a glowy satin. The color was just a titch off from my own coloring, but for having ordered online, I made out pretty well there.
I guess what is comes down to is for the money ($65US) it just wasn't enough of a wow factor for me. Another foundation that I find to be a lot like this one is Lancome Miracle Teint. And I think I like the Lancome one more. It is also less expensive and more easily available to me. Now, I am one of those people that would pay $200 for a killer foundation, so the money wasn't the deal breaker, but again it was just the all over performance. I am finding I like my finish to be more of a mat finish, and this one was just a bit too glowy all over for me. I quickly went back to my all-time favorite Revlon Colorstay with Softflex (spf 6) in Buff. I felt like a kid coming home after a long journey. All my makeup looks "right" again. All the best to you - I know it is a hard decision and a never-ending search for most.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I am writing this review based on a sample. The texture is almost like Dior Nude, very natural and doesn't settle in fine lines. The color I used is 4.5 which is ok for me but a little ashy. What I don't like about it is that is very flat, no glow at all, hard to blend, light-medium coverage and a little drying. I think it's perfect for oily skins though...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't love it or hate it. It was okay. It did not WOW me but I say it is a decent foundation because it does no accentuate dry skin, felt light on my skin and look flawless. However, I prefer more coverage so I had to layered. I like how there's a pump. The price is expensive for a foundation that works alright!! I will not re purchase this considering the cost and how it did not "WOW" me at all.

I am a MAC NW20 and I was matched with 5.5. I prefer neutral (pink/yellow undertones). However, Giorgio Armani carries a wide range of yellow undertones.

I have purchased the Lancome Teinted Idole Ultra twice so far and I prefer Lancome over this one anytime. Lancome provides a medium coverage and it feels light as well. It covers better. It also provides a variety of colour selection. My next favorite is Estee Lauder Double Wear! Both are 100X better than Giorgio Armani Foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation does really live up to its rave reviews. I was torn between this and luminous silk but the SA said that lasting silk was more for oily skin and luminous silk is more for dry skin...my skin gets pretty oily so i went with lasting silk, and i'm def not disappointed. this foundation feels very light on my skin but yet has great coverage--medium but it is def buildable. this doesn't look cakey at all. It really does last a long time, i would say at least 8 hrs. It also has Spf 20 which is always a plus! the only negative thing about this foundation is it's price! it's my most expensive foundation..but i think it should last a long time because you only need one pump. Oh, i almost forgot to mention that you should not use this foundation if your skin is dry, it will make your dry patches much more visible and ugh, it just won't be pretty. make sure your skin is super moisturized before using this, it'll make the application so much easier and the end result will look so much better!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by cevinou

I was actually at the Armani counter asking for the Luminous silk foundation when the SA recommended this one. The lighting there made the foundation look really good so i bought it instantly. The first couple of times i wore it, it looked nice ...not too special. At that time my skin was also in good condition so maybe anything was going to look ok on. As the weather got colder and i had some dryness to my skin, thats when things got really bad. This foundation just makes my skin look horrible and flaky and it accentuates dryness . I tried using moisturizer under it and spritzing my MAC fix + spray but nothing seemed to work. I wanted to like this foundation as so many celebs claim its their fav but it just didnt work with me and i dont even have severe dryness so i imagine ppl with dry skin will find this a nightmare.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

I would only recommend this to normal skin types that have no lines whatsoever. This is a dry type foundation which requires primer since it dries down quickly with no moisture content. This also requires a lot of work in blending, definitely not to be used if you are in a rush in the morning. This does not last all day on me and migrates across my face such that by the end of the day, it looks like a layer of tinted grease, and Im only combo-oily. The biggest issue is that the shade #4 is way too ashy. Those are of that intensity rarely have that much green undertones and made me look oopa loompa....not good. The new shiseido refining foundation in BO20 is much much better, in formula primarily and in colour range if you are after some yellow based foundations. All I can say is that this color looks like a foundation a white person made for a yellow asian complexion, if that makes sense?

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by mikmik90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

NW20, shade 5.5 in lasting silk, combo skin.

I'll preface this review by saying that i love ALL Armani foundations- lasting is probably my favourite. Ive been using this foundation for a few years now, it is the closest thing I have to a HG (and im VERY picky about foundations).

I apply it with fingers or a damp mac 190 (is that strange?). I find this allows me to get a sheer coverage (which I like, lasting silk is medium coverage, i would say).
I set with MAC MSFN and I find it lasts all day.

Pros:
- Beautiful satin finish.
- Relatively good lasting power on my combo skin.
- Never looks cakey.
- Medium coverage, can be sheered down or built up.
- Has an spf.
- Doesnt break me out.
Cons:
- Colour shades are quite warm, so perhaps not best for super cool people
- Does oxidize a tad.

It does have minor cons, but they are far outweighed by the pros. I think it's fair to label this HG!

UPDATE: Been using this for years now, still love it. Definitely HG. I have realised, however, that due to the spf in this product, it goes on quite light. It does darken within the first 15 minutes, but this might cause some confusion when trying to pick a shade.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by SMcAllister1982

Have to say this is the best foundation I have ever used. I am a typical make up junkie and rarely buy the same thing twice but this I always go back to time and time again.

The coverage is great, and if you can get the primer too the both work so well with my oily T zone to keep it shine free all day. It doesn't sit in cracks but glides over the top and gives you a better version of your own skin. I love it!!!