September 30, 2014 | 1875 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I am writing this review based on a sample. The texture is almost like Dior Nude, very natural and doesn't settle in fine lines. The color I used is 4.5 which is ok for me but a little ashy. What I don't like about it is that is very flat, no glow at all, hard to blend, light-medium coverage and a little drying. I think it's perfect for oily skins though...

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't love it or hate it. It was okay. It did not WOW me but I say it is a decent foundation because it does no accentuate dry skin, felt light on my skin and look flawless. However, I prefer more coverage so I had to layered. I like how there's a pump. The price is expensive for a foundation that works alright!! I will not re purchase this considering the cost and how it did not "WOW" me at all.

I am a MAC NW20 and I was matched with 5.5. I prefer neutral (pink/yellow undertones). However, Giorgio Armani carries a wide range of yellow undertones.

I have purchased the Lancome Teinted Idole Ultra twice so far and I prefer Lancome over this one anytime. Lancome provides a medium coverage and it feels light as well. It covers better. It also provides a variety of colour selection. My next favorite is Estee Lauder Double Wear! Both are 100X better than Giorgio Armani Foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation does really live up to its rave reviews. I was torn between this and luminous silk but the SA said that lasting silk was more for oily skin and luminous silk is more for dry skin...my skin gets pretty oily so i went with lasting silk, and i'm def not disappointed. this foundation feels very light on my skin but yet has great coverage--medium but it is def buildable. this doesn't look cakey at all. It really does last a long time, i would say at least 8 hrs. It also has Spf 20 which is always a plus! the only negative thing about this foundation is it's price! it's my most expensive foundation..but i think it should last a long time because you only need one pump. Oh, i almost forgot to mention that you should not use this foundation if your skin is dry, it will make your dry patches much more visible and ugh, it just won't be pretty. make sure your skin is super moisturized before using this, it'll make the application so much easier and the end result will look so much better!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by cevinou

I was actually at the Armani counter asking for the Luminous silk foundation when the SA recommended this one. The lighting there made the foundation look really good so i bought it instantly. The first couple of times i wore it, it looked nice ...not too special. At that time my skin was also in good condition so maybe anything was going to look ok on. As the weather got colder and i had some dryness to my skin, thats when things got really bad. This foundation just makes my skin look horrible and flaky and it accentuates dryness . I tried using moisturizer under it and spritzing my MAC fix + spray but nothing seemed to work. I wanted to like this foundation as so many celebs claim its their fav but it just didnt work with me and i dont even have severe dryness so i imagine ppl with dry skin will find this a nightmare.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

I would only recommend this to normal skin types that have no lines whatsoever. This is a dry type foundation which requires primer since it dries down quickly with no moisture content. This also requires a lot of work in blending, definitely not to be used if you are in a rush in the morning. This does not last all day on me and migrates across my face such that by the end of the day, it looks like a layer of tinted grease, and Im only combo-oily. The biggest issue is that the shade #4 is way too ashy. Those are of that intensity rarely have that much green undertones and made me look oopa loompa....not good. The new shiseido refining foundation in BO20 is much much better, in formula primarily and in colour range if you are after some yellow based foundations. All I can say is that this color looks like a foundation a white person made for a yellow asian complexion, if that makes sense?

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by mikmik90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

NW20, shade 5.5 in lasting silk, combo skin.

I'll preface this review by saying that i love ALL Armani foundations- lasting is probably my favourite. Ive been using this foundation for a few years now, it is the closest thing I have to a HG (and im VERY picky about foundations).

I apply it with fingers or a damp mac 190 (is that strange?). I find this allows me to get a sheer coverage (which I like, lasting silk is medium coverage, i would say).
I set with MAC MSFN and I find it lasts all day.

Pros:
- Beautiful satin finish.
- Relatively good lasting power on my combo skin.
- Never looks cakey.
- Medium coverage, can be sheered down or built up.
- Has an spf.
- Doesnt break me out.
Cons:
- Colour shades are quite warm, so perhaps not best for super cool people
- Does oxidize a tad.

It does have minor cons, but they are far outweighed by the pros. I think it's fair to label this HG!

UPDATE: Been using this for years now, still love it. Definitely HG. I have realised, however, that due to the spf in this product, it goes on quite light. It does darken within the first 15 minutes, but this might cause some confusion when trying to pick a shade.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by SMcAllister1982

Have to say this is the best foundation I have ever used. I am a typical make up junkie and rarely buy the same thing twice but this I always go back to time and time again.

The coverage is great, and if you can get the primer too the both work so well with my oily T zone to keep it shine free all day. It doesn't sit in cracks but glides over the top and gives you a better version of your own skin. I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by amie246

I love love love this product! It's so amazing. I got this foundation on the hope that it would give me a lovely matte look and it does. The packaging is super sleek and elegant and I recommend it to all my friends. They always ask me isn't it a bit pricey.. well sort of but you definetly get what you pay for. The colour range is great and the shade 4 is a perfect match for me. So easy to apply and is very light on skin. It even lasts me a whole 8 hours of wear and this foundation is irreplaceable from my makeup draw :):)
UPDATE: Now on my second bottle of this stuff and i'm still in love with it <33

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by minibee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using GA's luminous silk foundation for years before lasting silk liquid foundation was launched. The difference between the two is - lasting silk has a better lasting power than luminous silk. I have to admit that from the search of my HG foundation, lasting silk is the winner and the keeper. I found Bobbi Brown's liquid foundation too yellow for me even though I have yellow undertone. It was just impossible to get the right shade for my medium-fair Asian skintone. RMK was a rave when I was a teenager but it broke me out somehow. Otherwise it gives a "pearly" finish which brightens your skintone. That's a lovely one but too bad I couldn't use it. I really wanted to love Chantecaille future skin but it only works like a dream when I have perfect skin. Love the texture love the finish but it cannot last me all day during the summer. I need more coverage and lasting power than that.

As for GA Lasting Silk, it gives a natural coverage that doesn't make you look like you're wearing a mask. It's not drying at all in the winter and it can last me over half day in summer before a retouch is needed. I adore the buildability of this foundation and the finishing touch of it. Although this foundation is getting more and more expensive year by year, I'm still gonna stick to this one before I find something more extraordinary. I will certainly buy more when it runs out.

One more thing, I like the new bottle design much better as it allows me to have better control over the amount pumping out from the bottle.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by brucelegs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

thanks to doing a swap for a sample of this I have found my HG foundation - and you know you have a keeper when your derm comments on your foundation and wants to know what it is.

Me at 53 with some sun damage, very, very slight rosacea on my cheeks, aTazorac user and the other normal "it comes with age" issues. I use 2 pumps of this and apply with the beauty blender sponge - I first used it with a foundation brush but get a much more natural finish with the BB sponge.

The coverage is buildable, no transfer or oxidation. I hit it with blotting paper after lunch and it still looks great at the end of my work day.

I apply my SPF 55 sunscreen first, then a primer (usually Smashbox) put 2 pumps on the hand and dab away with the BB sponge. The pores on my nose disappear and my skin just looks so even and dare I say it - younger. I think the key to good application is the sponge not a foundation brush.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No