August 28, 2014 | 1503 users online

Eye Primer - Smashbox - Photo Finish Lid Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by lsmiles13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this. I like that it is tinted and don't find the tint too light or dark.

Performance wise, there are other primers that I like better, but this works great and is easy to remove (unlike UD PP which I find almost impossible to remove).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

In comparison to all of the other primers I've used so far (ELF mineral, UDPP, TFSI, NYX HD) this is an average primer. Much drier than most primers which makes it somewhat hard to blend. It is also much darker than other primers I've used, which is OK now that I'm NC30-ish, but when I go back to my 'winter' skin shade of NC20, I have a feeling it will be much too dark to use regularly.

It does a nice job of smoothing out your eyelid and giving a great base for the shadows. I've never noticed creasing, even when using a colored base eyeshadow.

It's ok, but I'm not thrilled with it and won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am surprised by the low ratings with this primer. It really works for me. Keeps my eye shadow on all day without creasing. It is a yellow toned tinted primer that is in a medium skin tone I would say. I wish they had shade choices as I am very fair. Too faced, Urban decay and Lorac lid primers are all of a similar consistency and none of them worked for me. All of them made my eyelide area look crepey and sucked the shadow off my lids Smashbox lid primer is similar to BE prime time lid primer which also works for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by illume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's okay. I use it if I want to be quick because it's creamy and spreads easily. I've used better primers though. This primer is better than no primers. I think this would be nice for a lady with wrinkly lids because it does smooth over lines quite nicely.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by ReRe3579

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After running out of my Urban Decay Primer Potion I decided to give this one a go. That was a mistake its so horrible it has a weird consistancy almost like dry concealer although it does even out skintone thats about the only positive thing about this product. It made my eyeshadows go on smooth but within an hour they had creased and didnt look as vibrant at all. I will definitley wont be straying away from the Urban Decay Primer Potion next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by tashak23

I have VERY oily eyelids and have tried just about every primer out there and by far this is the best one. It not only brightens up any eye shadow it also prevents creasing, which a big issue for me. The only down side to this product is the doefoot applicator, as you need to use very little of this product (if too much is applied eye shadow will crease immediately). I usually apply with my finger , let stand for a few secs and then apply eyeshadow. The other pro with this primer is that it actually allows you to blend your eyeshadow (unlike UDPP). For anyone with extremely oily eyelids looking to make their eyeshadow creaseless for 8 hrs or more, I would highly recommend this product :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by bubbletea1212

SO glad I got this as a sample. First off it comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator like lipglosses. So like the urban decay primer potion I feel that I'll be wasting product.
Even as a sample, dried out very quickly (perhaps 1 month used VERY sparingly).
Did not help eyeshadow creasing at all, nor gel eyeliner to stay in place.
Brightened up my whole lid a little, which is not really the purpose of this product. Full size costs $20, so I gave it a 4/5 for being expensive. It is a high end product.

Would not repurchase as I don't see that it does anything significant at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by LaraD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am surprised too, that not more people like this. Compared to previous primers that I have used, Laura Mercier and MAC paint primer, Inglot, Urban Decay, Bare Minerals- this is the best one I have used on my lids. It doesn't crease, color stays put for 12 hrs. I bought this at the recommendation of the Chanel makeup counter guy at Nordstrom, and he said it was the best product. He was right! Some people just wear primer and eyeliner, I am not sure if I would wear this primer by itself. The color is a bit too nudey dark. Doesn't brighten the eyes much, but it is great for its intended use- priming the lids before eyeshadow and eyeliner application.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 4:52:00 AM More reviews by baronesserl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really astonished nobody seems to like this...I really like it and what I like about it is that it doesn't change the finish of the eyeshadow hence it is a really good product for daywear, I mean I don't want my eyehsadow to go metallic or glitzy in the daytime which is a problem for me with other primers I have tested. Also, the eyeshadow stays put all day long even when I've spent 2 hours in broad sunlight. What I don't like is the wand, I think a tube similar to the Too Faced primer would be a lot better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by queijada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This came in the Hazel Eyes kit. Nice consistency, easy to apply, looks darker than it is once on (I'm an NC25). However, I have oily lids, and 8 hours later I have puddles of oily color in my creases. I'll stick with UDPP.