Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

3.2

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Beeswax, Silica, Boron Nitride, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Talc, Microcrystalline Wax, Propylene Carbonate, Cetyl PEG/PPG10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-12 Glyceryl DiMyristate, Water, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Betaine, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxide

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This primer is crappy. I'm glad I didn't purchase it with full prize. I got it from a 'try it kit'.
First... it's way too dark. I'm pale and when I put it on I look like I have mud on my eyelids. I can only use it with darker eye shadows. I also use primer under my lower lashes and this is totally unwearable there.
Second... it's very drying. It's hard to apply because of the dryness.
Third... the biggest reason why this product fails so badly is that it doesn't prevent my eye shadow creasing. That's the only reason I wear eye primer and if a primer doesn't do that, it's as good as nothing.
This primer doesn't hold my eye shadow on place even for an hour. Many times I've put on some make up when I go food shopping to my nearby supermarket and when I've gotten back home, I've noticed my eye shadow creasing really badly and every time I've worn this primer.
Even the cheapest primers, like E.L.F, keep my eye shadow from creasing the whole day, but not this one.
It's a crap product in my opinion. Total fail. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have no idea why everyone hates this product. This is the only eye lid primer I've trusted. It might have a weird consistancy but it does the job of holding eye shadow and really making shadows reach their full potential.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

MY HG for eye primers is NARS, but a friend of mine mentioned that this one was great and that I should try it. I'm not a fan of the chalky looking and feeling texture. Coverage is less than average compared to Nars which goes on colorless and holds up for about 8hrs. So happy that this tube is almost finished !

on 4/21/2012 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Completely agree with the reviewer below me. This product dries really quickly, in fact when you open it it's not that smooth and moisturizing to begin with. I have some right now that I received from the Smashbox Try It Kit (which is kind of a miss btw) so thankfully I didn't buy a full bottle of this at full price. l likewise combine this with e.l.f. primer (which is $1) and the two compliment each other very well! e.l.f. is too fluid, and Smashbox is too dry. However, is it worth purchasing this product to then combine it with another product? Absolutely not in my opinion. However if you already have this eyelid primer, then yes purchase the elf primer at $1 to be able to utilize this and not waste it.
My order for Urban Decay primer potion is coming in a couple days so I'm thrilled to try that next.

on 3/21/2012 12:07:00 AM

=( buy Urban decay instead. On par w/ ELF eye primer. Dries out very quickly. Better than nothing, but not by a whole lot.

This is just an average primer and it does an average job. I think you can get just as effective of an eye primer for a lot less money.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 1/11/2012 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Inconsistent, or rather I suppose it depends on what shadows you're using for this primer. I've actually had no problem with using this under my mineral shadows, but I tried it with a MUFE pressed shadow (without using a base shadow) and it creased like you wouldn't believe. Maybe the mineral shadows absorbed oils that the MUFE shadow couldn't absorb for shit, but it creased regardless.

I won't buy this again since I have UDPP coming in the mail. If you have the Smashbox primer I say try it with a mineral shadow (if you have one) and see if it creases or not because again, I only had problems with pressed shadows over this primer.

on 9/17/2011 6:29:00 PM

I like this. I like that it is tinted and don't find the tint too light or dark.

Performance wise, there are other primers that I like better, but this works great and is easy to remove (unlike UD PP which I find almost impossible to remove).

on 9/16/2011 11:54:00 AM

In comparison to all of the other primers I've used so far (ELF mineral, UDPP, TFSI, NYX HD) this is an average primer. Much drier than most primers which makes it somewhat hard to blend. It is also much darker than other primers I've used, which is OK now that I'm NC30-ish, but when I go back to my 'winter' skin shade of NC20, I have a feeling it will be much too dark to use regularly.

It does a nice job of smoothing out your eyelid and giving a great base for the shadows. I've never noticed creasing, even when using a colored base eyeshadow.

It's ok, but I'm not thrilled with it and won't repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials