April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Eye Primer - Smashbox - Photo Finish Lid Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 4:52:00 AM More reviews by baronesserl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really astonished nobody seems to like this...I really like it and what I like about it is that it doesn't change the finish of the eyeshadow hence it is a really good product for daywear, I mean I don't want my eyehsadow to go metallic or glitzy in the daytime which is a problem for me with other primers I have tested. Also, the eyeshadow stays put all day long even when I've spent 2 hours in broad sunlight. What I don't like is the wand, I think a tube similar to the Too Faced primer would be a lot better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by queijada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This came in the Hazel Eyes kit. Nice consistency, easy to apply, looks darker than it is once on (I'm an NC25). However, I have oily lids, and 8 hours later I have puddles of oily color in my creases. I'll stick with UDPP.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This works better than no primer at all, but not much better. This cakes in my eyelid crease a few hours after using, just not as much as when there is no primer at all. I'm sure there are better primers for the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Jolene5329

Got this as a sample.

Comparing it to Two Faced and Palladio primers, this just doesn't stand up at all.

Two hours since putting on my eye shadow and parts of it are missing already.

I give up on Smashbox - these products just don't work.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by PerfectPursuit

Got this in the wish for the perfect primers box set.

The good: Easy to apply. Makes eyeshadow stay put versus without a primer.

The bad: Not sure because I am not familiar with primers.

Would I buy this again? No. I just want to try other primers on the market. I will buy it again if the same wish for the perfect primers set comes out again because I will save money on the photofinish.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 More reviews by kawanii

This was part of my 500 point perk at Sephora. I got a box of Smashbox sample-sized products. I normally use Urban Decay's Primer Potion but I wanted to use this up. After a 3-4 hours, the problem I had was the eyeshadow on my crease had gathered, giving my crease a line of collected eyeshadow. Was disappointed. Also, upon application, the colour was way too yellow. Even Urban Decay's matched me better and actually made my eye lid feel smooth while this one just made it feel oily. Luckily, I didn't really have to pay for it otherwise I'd return it. Wouldn't repurchase or try it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by dezyttt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So yea, I am so glad that I got a sample of this stuff, and didn't buy it. The stuff makes a difference, but hardly. I'm not entirely sure if it made my eyeshadow last longer, but it if it did, it was marginal. As for the complains about the small size of the bottle, it sorta makes sense to me, because a tiny amount spread over a large area. The same size I got was 0.5ml, and it's still not used up after five uses.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by newbie07

I got this as a sample and thank goodness I didn't purchase it. I wore the SB Photo Finish Lid Primer on one eye and my current E.L.F. primer on the other, lo and behold, after an 8-9 hour work day, E.L.F. held up better (no creasing). I didn't have a problem with the consistency of the product or the shade (a nude color). I love Smashbox products, however for the retail price and the lack of staying power it isn't worth the full price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a bit disappointed with the primer. It went on fine, equal to any other primer I've tried. The color is too yellow for me, though, I look pretty awful until I get shadow over the top of it!!! The real problem, though, was the creasing. I had shadow crease on my lids after about 8 hours. Bummer. I've had my e.l.f. primer keep my shadow looking fresh longer than that! It goes to show that paying more doesn't always get you a better product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

This primer is descent but not remarkable. I have somewhat oily eyelids with light veining that is apparent due to my pale skin.

Prose: (1) Evens out the appearance of discolortion and veining. (2) stay put formula. (3) kept eye shadow perfectly in place for 12+ hours.

Cons: (1) unhygienic tube packaging with doe foot applicator. (2) difficult to spread evenly. (3) Dry formula did not make for smooth application. (4) Formula drys out after 7 weeks.

I paid $35CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart. There are far nicer for less then this.
Happy Shopping.