Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

3.2

Isododecane, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Beeswax, Silica, Boron Nitride, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Talc, Microcrystalline Wax, Propylene Carbonate, Cetyl PEG/PPG10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-12 Glyceryl DiMyristate, Water, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Betaine, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxide

This lid primer works perfectly on me. I have fair/medium olive skin, and my eyelids are a sallow grey. This primer evens the skin tones on my lids and makes me look more awake. It is a yellow-based tone, which I imagine would look strange on someone who has cool/pink/purplish/blue undertones. For fair to dark skin with warmer undertones, it is absolutely perfect. I have tried Urban Decay and MUFE lid primers, and they do not compare in any way to this one.

The packaging on this primer is particularly great. The doe foot applicator is the perfect way to get the product onto lids.

My only complaint would be the high price per ounce of this product. It is ridiculously expensive. I wish Smashbox would make it in a jumbo size at a value price. That would solve the value problem for me.

Come on girls ! This is a great primer. Even if you dont put on eyeshadow, it evens out the color of your eye lids and makes you look younger. Works well under eyes as well. The product does what it says it will do... extends the life of powders and eyeliners. Would repurchase for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Not that great. Got it in a mini-size, and the texture is so dry, and the finish is extremely chalky. What's even worse is that it's at least three shades darker than my skintone. It's a warm yellowed beige, and I have fair, cool toned skin. Hmmm, doesn't sound right, does it? I find it preposterous that they only sell this in one color (which they call 'universal'). You've got to be joking. It's not sheer, either. It's quite opaque. And this is even worse than UDPP in terms of blendability of shadows over the primer. The texture of this is so stiff and tacky, that my shadows....will...not...BLEND! And by the end of the day, they've turned into a faded, creased, muddy mess anyway. It's like I hadn't even used a primer. Do not recommend. May work for medium-toned gals with oily lids, but that really narrows it down in the market for this primer. No wonder it's not popular.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This primer is crappy. I'm glad I didn't purchase it with full prize. I got it from a 'try it kit'.
First... it's way too dark. I'm pale and when I put it on I look like I have mud on my eyelids. I can only use it with darker eye shadows. I also use primer under my lower lashes and this is totally unwearable there.
Second... it's very drying. It's hard to apply because of the dryness.
Third... the biggest reason why this product fails so badly is that it doesn't prevent my eye shadow creasing. That's the only reason I wear eye primer and if a primer doesn't do that, it's as good as nothing.
This primer doesn't hold my eye shadow on place even for an hour. Many times I've put on some make up when I go food shopping to my nearby supermarket and when I've gotten back home, I've noticed my eye shadow creasing really badly and every time I've worn this primer.
Even the cheapest primers, like E.L.F, keep my eye shadow from creasing the whole day, but not this one.
It's a crap product in my opinion. Total fail. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have no idea why everyone hates this product. This is the only eye lid primer I've trusted. It might have a weird consistancy but it does the job of holding eye shadow and really making shadows reach their full potential.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

MY HG for eye primers is NARS, but a friend of mine mentioned that this one was great and that I should try it. I'm not a fan of the chalky looking and feeling texture. Coverage is less than average compared to Nars which goes on colorless and holds up for about 8hrs. So happy that this tube is almost finished !

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Completely agree with the reviewer below me. This product dries really quickly, in fact when you open it it's not that smooth and moisturizing to begin with. I have some right now that I received from the Smashbox Try It Kit (which is kind of a miss btw) so thankfully I didn't buy a full bottle of this at full price. l likewise combine this with e.l.f. primer (which is $1) and the two compliment each other very well! e.l.f. is too fluid, and Smashbox is too dry. However, is it worth purchasing this product to then combine it with another product? Absolutely not in my opinion. However if you already have this eyelid primer, then yes purchase the elf primer at $1 to be able to utilize this and not waste it.
My order for Urban Decay primer potion is coming in a couple days so I'm thrilled to try that next.

=( buy Urban decay instead. On par w/ ELF eye primer. Dries out very quickly. Better than nothing, but not by a whole lot.

This is just an average primer and it does an average job. I think you can get just as effective of an eye primer for a lot less money.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials