August 21, 2014 | 977 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation) [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

As per Cover Girl's website, this was replaced by

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ShesDeadlyPoison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this powder everyday as a setting powder. I've been using it for roughly 5 years now. It gives a nice finish and flawlessly matte look at first. It fades rather quickly. I've mostly continued using it because of it's ease of accessibility and how cheap it is. It's not a bad powder, just not that grand. The only reason I still use it is because I haven't found something that I love. I'm not going to switch to something more expensive but just as mediocre. I definitely recommend for the younger crowd though. I started using it my senior year of high school and absolutely loved it back then. I think my skin was just different.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by shelly73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really hate to do this, but I've tried this product several times over the last few years, thinking maybe *this* time...and it never works out. I used Ivory, the lightest shade and it was still a touch dark. The problem was, it turned orangey everytime I wore it. It just isn't going to work on my skin. While I can't blame the product persay, for an oily skinned type product, you'd think that those kinks would be worked out.

I WISH it had worked out color wise, cause the texture was great. I've switched to mineral makeup for everyday, and for special occasions, I use CG simply powder, the ingredients are almost the same I believe, but that one doesn't turn orange for some reason.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Love this powder! I used this all through high school and I still use it today. The color (classic ivory) matches my skin perfectly. It makes my skin soooooo matte. You do need to touch up throughout the day, but the best part about this product is that you can pile it up and it never gets cakey. Absolutely love it. The blue compact is cute and I like to use the sponge it comes with - although I do have to wash it often. The coverage is light, so I'd recommend this as a powder and not a powder foundation (unless you have really good skin).

-Great for oily skin
    -Best at mattifying
    -Never gets cakey
    -Cheap

Can't get too much better than that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 7:21:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't written a review of this yet. I've used it for several years. I use 655/Soft Honey. It matches my skin perfectly, covers well and gives me a nice matte look. Plus it's less than ten bucks. I always stock up when I see a BOGOF sale. My beef with CG makeup is they just can't coordinate their shades. I mean, when I want to try a new foundation, the numbers and names are off and it's another freakin' crapshoot. Why can't they be like Maybelline? Honey Beige is Honey Beige is Honey Beige; same name no matter what foundation formula you try. Except their disastrous stab at mineral makeup. What a fiasco that was! I digress. I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by semor211

To preface: I do not use this product as my foundation, but I use it as a normal pressed powder throughout the day.

As a regular touch-up powder, I love this. It helps me go from work to dinner to wherever and look fresh and put together.

I will occasionally use just this as my foundation if it's the weekend and I'm going to the grocery store or something like that, and it works pretty well for quick, light coverage, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by anettescorpio12

This product I only buy just because its cheap...it works for a ibit when I use it for oily skin but if you dont mund reapplying often then its okay....this is my other compact...it like med/light coverage , it works...for the price...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by alisoncooks

I had no major problems with this foundation. I used it for quite a long while (several years). The only reason I switched was b/c I was trying to transfer my skin care/ makeup to all-natural.

For the price, it is a great product. Decent light coverage, very portable and easy to use. Over the course of a day, I found that I needed to blot and if I *wiped*, quite a bit of this foundation would come off onto the tissue.

But...it's cheap and I'd probably buy it for travel again. As for daily use, probably not. I don't know if it helped/hurt my complexion since I have changed so many items recently.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by d0rkiamyxd

Finally, I'm writing a review for this product! I've just been waiting to see how this product works on my face for a few weeks, before I write a review.

First of all, I have a pretty OILY face. Since I'm a high school student who only gets a few allowances, I always look for products in drugstores. And I've been looking for a foundation or a powder that looks natural and makes my face non-oily.

After using about 4 different powders/foundations, CG Fresh Complexion Pocket Powder is ... SERIOUSLY ... the BEST. Not only do the colors look so natural on my face, it isn't cakey AT ALL (at least not on my face). Ironically, my face is now actually pretty dry in some parts, but I don't mind that too much.

One thing I dislike about this product, however, is that it doesn't give a very good coverage. It makes the skin color look balanced, though. It just doesn't cover those acne scars on your face, so I need to use concealers to cover them.

BUTTTTT I still love it. 5/5

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

Really dry, little coverage, and a crappy compact. There wasn't too much to like here...but it was convenient.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2009 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Vanilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry/sensitive/oily T-zone/acne prone skin. I have some occasional blemishes, a few pimples here and there depending on the days and a bit of rosacea.
    On to the product, overall this product was really good (I use it for on-to-go: it's really quick and easy). It covers pretty well but it looks a bit cakey (maybe it's my dry skin that's making it seem cakey).
    Sometimes I would break out after using this product, I can't really tell because I don't use this powder everyday. I think this depends on the individual.
    The only thing I don't like is the sponge applicator. It has a weird smell... like latex? And it has an odd shape like a half-moon, so it's hard to buy a latex-free sponge to replace the original.
    Overall, I would buy this only if I had no other choice.