November 28, 2014 | 1280 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Roby

Blinc Amplified Mascara...in Brown.
I have blonde lashes & this is my usual mascara application. Curl lashes wait a few minutes (3-5min) then apply mascara. As soon as I applied the Blinc I saw my lashes collapse! I continued to apply & saw no volume at all . Also missing was any length.
Contrary to what the pkg literature says this is not buildable. You wind up with clumps & at the end of the day flakies too; but no raccoon eyes (lol). The best part about this is the ease of removal & that's about it. This cost $27.00 which was way too much but you live & learn. I will continue to stick with CG lash blast 24hr.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by windowbird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have finally found my HG mascara. For the past few years, I have tried every mascara imaginable in search of one that does not smudge. No matter what kind I tried, waterproof or not, I would have very large dark smudges under my eyes within a few hours. I was constantly checking my reflection and wiping off my undereye area.

A poster on the Cafe board recommended this, so I went to Sephora and plunked down $26 for this. Crazy expensive for mascara, but since Sephora has such a generous return policy I figured I wouldn't be out anything but a bit of time should it not work for me.

I love it. It honestly does not smudge AT ALL. I have crazy weird work hours and very long days and it holds up perfectly. It is tricky to work with; you have to work quickly and carefully. Once it's set, it's set. Removal is a breeze, just water and gentle pressure removes the tubes. Plus, I don't have to go over my undereye with eye makeup remover to get off any leftover because there is none.

I am a very frugal person, but this mascara is so great that I will not hesitate to fork over $26 again for this little gem!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

I agree exactly as the last reviewer, does form tubes and doesn't flake, but did absolutely nothing for my lashes except make them look darker. Got NO volume or fullness at all, in fact probably the worst mascara I've tried in those categories. Wasn't sure what the point was either.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Nomnynom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yea it does form tubes around your lashes, doesn't flake etc. But it really doesn't do much for the lashes. No volume and no lengthening. I just don't see the point.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

PRICE: $20 usd for a tube of mascara is pretty steep, but I wouldn't be able to wear mascara without this

PRODUCT: As a mascara by itself, this is absolutely crap.

But if you have oily eyelids and under eye area, then this is the perfect mascara as a HG topcoat. I always get black smudges under my eyes regardless of seasons due to my oily eye area, even when I am using Kiss Me Heroine mascara. By wearing this mascara at the very last step, it prevents the other mascaras from smudging and can help keep the curl.

Also, this product is a godsend when you are in the tropical environment. In the humid weather of HK, this was the only thing that would stay on when the torrential rain comes out of nowhere. It also stays on very well considering how hot and wet the weather is in HK.

TIP: if wearing as a topcoat to prevent smudging, get it real close to the base and only run the wand to half length. The mascara isn't too heavy but depending on your bottom mascara, bringing the wand all the way to the very tips of eyelash can make them droopy at times.

Note: I have thin Asian lashes that are naturally straight. They are long for Chinese but short in comparison to Caucasians. And have Oily eyelids that causes all mascaras to smudge even when wearing Urban Decay primer on the bottom and top area.

CONCLUSION: I will continue to shell out $20+ per tube just to have the HG topcoat that prevents smudges and panda eye effects.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by louieludwig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I disagree with the reviews saying Blinc isn't a powerful enough mascara. It takes a number of coats and the application technique is different from any other mascara I've ever used, so it was difficult at first -- and a pain in the ass. But once I got used to application it became my favorite mascara of all time. It's my preference for day to day AND special events. More coats and more attention to lash tips completely transforms the effect. It's true that a single coat will never be enough, but two is fine for going to work, and the best part is the tube effect makes for seriously dark, thick-looking lashes that don't fade until you want to remove. The removal also weirded me out the first couple of times (I was afraid of pulling out or weakening my lashes), but again, once I got used to it, I LOVED it. I don't think I'll ever go back to any other mascara! Just take a few days to play with it and adjust.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by pinkshoeaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite mascara. No, it's not going to give me a dramatic look, but since I tend to have a more natural look outside of work anyway, Blinc suits my needs. It really stays on all day with no smudges or smears. I've bought my mom (who is in her 60s) Blinc as well and now it's the only mascara she wears.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this mascara a few Birchboxes ago. I'm pretty disappointed...it takes many coats and many minutes to even see a difference in my lashes, and removal is a big chore. The little tubes slipping off totally creep me out. It does have lasting power, I'll give it that. The fact that it doesn't look like I'm wearing mascara is the dealbreaker, though. (Not that I like looking too made up. But I would like my lashes to look longer, thicker, and darker if I'm going to put forth the effort.)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyrose57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara after giving up on my holy Grail mascara, Yves Saint Laurent. I am a veterinary nurse, so need a mascara that looks natural, effortless and most importantly, does not smudge or flake.

Unfortunately, after Yves Saint Laurent changed the formula of their mascara, it no longer performed as I wanted and I had to look elsewhere.

I spent a lot of time researching mascaras, looking through reviews, trying to find a product that had all the qualities I needed in order to get through the day without looking like a racoon.

The mascara that kept getting rave reviews with regards to staying power was Blinc. The fact that people were saying that the only down point was that it lacked va va voom on the lashes was only a bonus for me. I needed my mascara to look as natural as possible for work, so I ordered a sample.

From the first moment I tried it, I knew that this was my new HG mascara. It has ultimate staying power- no flaking or smudging, which is amazing considering I work very long hours constantly on my feet. I also wear a moisture rich concealer and the mascara still didn't budge. It also separates my lashes rather nicely giving a very natural appearance- perfect for staying out of trouble with my boss (we are not really allowed to wear make up).

The thing that surprised me most about this product was that it extended my lashes really well, making my lashes look impressively long (impressive because they still looked so natural!). It hasn't given lots of volume, which is great for me, BUT if you are the type of person that wants big big lashes, this definitely isn't the mascara for you.

I thought the effect on me was amazing. I am very impressed and have already purchased a full sized tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by jitterbugdoll

As a natural blonde with very sensitive eyes, finding the perfect mascara has been quite a challenge. My natural lashes are fairly long and thick with a nice curl, but they are also very pale, making mascara an absolute must. I've never liked the look of black or black/brown shades, as I find them much too harsh for my coloring (very light blonde hair and NW/NC 5-10 skin), and so my options are already limited. In addition, my eyes are easily irritated by eye makeup and can be quite watery when a product does not agree with them, narrowing the product market even more.

Enter Blinc mascara. I'll admit that this product was a total impulse buy when I was shopping online—I saw that it came in a medium brown shade and that it was highly rated at the site I was shopping on, and so I immediately purchased it. Then I checked the reviews on MUA, and saw that they were only so-so. Oh well, I thought, I probably just wasted $24.

I have to say that I'm very glad that I purchased this mascara before reading the reviews here though, as it has turned out to be a fantastic product for me! The color is perfect—not too dark, but also not too light or red. The formula works very well for me too—completely non-irritating (no more annoying watery eyes) and absolutely no smudging or flaking. Removal is a cinch as well—no more needless tugging on my eyes or ruined washcloths! I like a dramatic, "falsie" look, and applying 3-4 coats (without letting it dry between coats) definitely achieves this for me. My only complaint is that it seems to dry out a little quicker than regular mascara; I end up repurchasing a new tube about every two months. This mascara is otherwise perfect for me though, and therefore I will continue to purchase it!