August 29, 2014 | 1427 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

PRICE: $20 usd for a tube of mascara is pretty steep, but I wouldn't be able to wear mascara without this

PRODUCT: As a mascara by itself, this is absolutely crap.

But if you have oily eyelids and under eye area, then this is the perfect mascara as a HG topcoat. I always get black smudges under my eyes regardless of seasons due to my oily eye area, even when I am using Kiss Me Heroine mascara. By wearing this mascara at the very last step, it prevents the other mascaras from smudging and can help keep the curl.

Also, this product is a godsend when you are in the tropical environment. In the humid weather of HK, this was the only thing that would stay on when the torrential rain comes out of nowhere. It also stays on very well considering how hot and wet the weather is in HK.

TIP: if wearing as a topcoat to prevent smudging, get it real close to the base and only run the wand to half length. The mascara isn't too heavy but depending on your bottom mascara, bringing the wand all the way to the very tips of eyelash can make them droopy at times.

Note: I have thin Asian lashes that are naturally straight. They are long for Chinese but short in comparison to Caucasians. And have Oily eyelids that causes all mascaras to smudge even when wearing Urban Decay primer on the bottom and top area.

CONCLUSION: I will continue to shell out $20+ per tube just to have the HG topcoat that prevents smudges and panda eye effects.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by louieludwig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I disagree with the reviews saying Blinc isn't a powerful enough mascara. It takes a number of coats and the application technique is different from any other mascara I've ever used, so it was difficult at first -- and a pain in the ass. But once I got used to application it became my favorite mascara of all time. It's my preference for day to day AND special events. More coats and more attention to lash tips completely transforms the effect. It's true that a single coat will never be enough, but two is fine for going to work, and the best part is the tube effect makes for seriously dark, thick-looking lashes that don't fade until you want to remove. The removal also weirded me out the first couple of times (I was afraid of pulling out or weakening my lashes), but again, once I got used to it, I LOVED it. I don't think I'll ever go back to any other mascara! Just take a few days to play with it and adjust.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by pinkshoeaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite mascara. No, it's not going to give me a dramatic look, but since I tend to have a more natural look outside of work anyway, Blinc suits my needs. It really stays on all day with no smudges or smears. I've bought my mom (who is in her 60s) Blinc as well and now it's the only mascara she wears.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this mascara a few Birchboxes ago. I'm pretty disappointed...it takes many coats and many minutes to even see a difference in my lashes, and removal is a big chore. The little tubes slipping off totally creep me out. It does have lasting power, I'll give it that. The fact that it doesn't look like I'm wearing mascara is the dealbreaker, though. (Not that I like looking too made up. But I would like my lashes to look longer, thicker, and darker if I'm going to put forth the effort.)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyrose57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara after giving up on my holy Grail mascara, Yves Saint Laurent. I am a veterinary nurse, so need a mascara that looks natural, effortless and most importantly, does not smudge or flake.

Unfortunately, after Yves Saint Laurent changed the formula of their mascara, it no longer performed as I wanted and I had to look elsewhere.

I spent a lot of time researching mascaras, looking through reviews, trying to find a product that had all the qualities I needed in order to get through the day without looking like a racoon.

The mascara that kept getting rave reviews with regards to staying power was Blinc. The fact that people were saying that the only down point was that it lacked va va voom on the lashes was only a bonus for me. I needed my mascara to look as natural as possible for work, so I ordered a sample.

From the first moment I tried it, I knew that this was my new HG mascara. It has ultimate staying power- no flaking or smudging, which is amazing considering I work very long hours constantly on my feet. I also wear a moisture rich concealer and the mascara still didn't budge. It also separates my lashes rather nicely giving a very natural appearance- perfect for staying out of trouble with my boss (we are not really allowed to wear make up).

The thing that surprised me most about this product was that it extended my lashes really well, making my lashes look impressively long (impressive because they still looked so natural!). It hasn't given lots of volume, which is great for me, BUT if you are the type of person that wants big big lashes, this definitely isn't the mascara for you.

I thought the effect on me was amazing. I am very impressed and have already purchased a full sized tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by jitterbugdoll

As a natural blonde with very sensitive eyes, finding the perfect mascara has been quite a challenge. My natural lashes are fairly long and thick with a nice curl, but they are also very pale, making mascara an absolute must. I've never liked the look of black or black/brown shades, as I find them much too harsh for my coloring (very light blonde hair and NW/NC 5-10 skin), and so my options are already limited. In addition, my eyes are easily irritated by eye makeup and can be quite watery when a product does not agree with them, narrowing the product market even more.

Enter Blinc mascara. I'll admit that this product was a total impulse buy when I was shopping online—I saw that it came in a medium brown shade and that it was highly rated at the site I was shopping on, and so I immediately purchased it. Then I checked the reviews on MUA, and saw that they were only so-so. Oh well, I thought, I probably just wasted $24.

I have to say that I'm very glad that I purchased this mascara before reading the reviews here though, as it has turned out to be a fantastic product for me! The color is perfect—not too dark, but also not too light or red. The formula works very well for me too—completely non-irritating (no more annoying watery eyes) and absolutely no smudging or flaking. Removal is a cinch as well—no more needless tugging on my eyes or ruined washcloths! I like a dramatic, "falsie" look, and applying 3-4 coats (without letting it dry between coats) definitely achieves this for me. My only complaint is that it seems to dry out a little quicker than regular mascara; I end up repurchasing a new tube about every two months. This mascara is otherwise perfect for me though, and therefore I will continue to purchase it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Heyitskristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara when i want to go for a more natural look, but for like a red carpet look it's just not good enough. What i kind of like is how when you remove it, it seems like your lashes are falling out but it's actually the tubes :) This mascara is so small it would fit in every purse. It's quit expensive for the results it gives though

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Halzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was useless for my needs.
I have poker straight lashes that hang downwards, so I have to curl them every day to avoid the 'elephant eye' look. I bought the Blinc mascara because it claims to be waterproof, and i find that most waterproof mascaras hold a curled lash tightly. Also, according to some reviews here, the Blinc mascara holds a curl well.
Not true at all.
I curled my lashes as usual with my shiseido curler and applied the Blinc mascara. Then I watched as my perfectly curled lashes slowly drooped back down and went poker straight again.
I threw the mascara in the bin and have gone back to my YSL waterproof mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by BoandChica2

Like other reviewers said, this product will absolutely not smear, smudge, flake or mysteriously appear on your brow bone. I used it the first time over my Trish thickening mascara. I put it on around noon when I bought it after the Trish had been on since the a.m. I really emphasized my lashes and made them stand out. The second day I used the Blinc by itself and really it didn't do much. Since I have short, straight, barely-there lashes, I don't like using waterproof because it's hard on my lashes. The Blinc comes right off with warm water. I probably will buy it again because of the lasting power it gives my other mascara....all day/night! It is expensive, but better than waterproof. Going to try it again by itself. The Trish mascara is one of the best I've used for thickening my lashes by the way. It does not smear or flake either. It lasts pretty long but not like the Blinc.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

PROS:

Doesn't smudge, smear, or flake!

Lasts all day

CONS:

Doesn't lengthen or volumise much at all

Expensive

I wouldn't recommend this if you want something really voluminous and lengthening because it just won't do either of those things. So what's the point even using it? Well, it truly does last all day and is a tubing mascara which means it won't smudge, smear or flake off, but will easily be removed with warm water or a waterproof eyemakeup remover (but seriously, warm water is the best for this). I have pretty lame, poker straight, short lashes, but I have very oily lids so I need a mascara that won't make me look like flakesville. I find that I can use this on my bottom lashes to give them definition and a tiny bit of length without too much volume, then use a regular or waterproof mascara on the top lashes. I don't get any smudging or flaking or smearing when I use this on the bottom lashes. Pretty useless as a top lash mascara as I find it doesn't do much! If they could make this mascara tubing AND volumising AND lengthening, it would be my HG. Maybe they'll get there one day :)