Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing powder

4.2

Talc, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Squalene, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraoctanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Serine, Allantoin, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Sodium Hyaluronate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide.

on 11/14/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

To be quite honest, i just thought this was "eh". I went to my local Sephora and the SA raved about how wonderful this bronzer was and how EVERYONE was wearing it and it was the ONLY bronzer I would ever purchase, blah blah blah. So i shelled out the $50 (which i thought was waaay overpriced) and see how well it worked. To me, it was just like any bronzer.. to be honest, it is a dupe for the wet n wild princess bronzer which was $2.99!!! I was horrified. I had to do a side by side comparison and yes, the Guerlain did go on smoother and not as ruddy, but the color payoff was almost spot on. I will keep the Guerlain just to say I was crazy enough to spend $$$$ on it but I will never repurchase again. Very disappointed.

on 10/30/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Guerlain Terracotta is the original bronzer -- and it's simply the best. I have tried several others out of curiosity (Bobbi Brown, Stila, L'Oreal, Estee Lauder, NARS) but none have ever topped the performance of this classic. Expensive, but one compact will last you years!

Shades/Tones:

For blondes, three pink-toned (red) shades: 00/02/04
For brunettes, four golden-toned shades: 01/03/05/07
For ethnic skin, one copper-toned shade: 08

on 10/18/2011 11:46:00 PM

I have shade 02.. would NOT EVER buy this one again as it is ORANGE and turns muddy and dirty looking on me.. However I am eyeing up shade 08 (a more solid brown shade).. I do like the matte effect. I just think for a 50$ bronzer it should be better

on 10/15/2011 11:02:00 AM

I know that this is a bronzer, but I was looking around for a face powder that would give me a nice coverage and not break me out, and I ended up getting this is #5 as an all over face powder. I'm tired of MAC, MUFE, NARS and other brands breaking my face out, so I figured I would give this a shot, and I'm glad that I did. This bronzer gives me a nice glow and on top of my concealer, it's the perfect coverage. I've gotten so many compliments on how nice and glowy my skin is when I wear this. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to try something different as a face powder. I also tried #7, but it was too dark...Mac nc50/nw45..Bobbi Brown Almond 7 for reference. It is expensive, but it's worth it.

on 7/24/2011 9:09:00 AM

I have this in 01 and I am NC 20.It works great all over my face andnot just as a highlighting bronzer. Other bronzers or shades are too orange ortoo dark for my skintone. A classic product for this brand,

on 7/10/2011 10:37:00 AM

I needed some new bronzer and so tried this, based on reviews. It works fine, but not worth the cost, in my opinion. I am going to stick with my BeneFit Dallas, for about half the cost.

on 6/5/2011 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This may shock some but I got this bronzer in 08 Ebony Terracotta moisturizing bronzer powder..and I am NC20-25. The MA said to me it was way to dark for my skintone..etc.., but I told her I wanted a red toned bronzer, not orange or yellow and lately that is what I have been swatching with other brands. I love the color of MAC bronzer in Bronze, but the pigmentation was awful and frankly did not show up on the face. Getting back to this bronzer, great pigmentation, you only need a small amount with a fluffy brush for a nice sheer sunkissed look, its great for contouring and can be used as a blush also. There is no glitter but there is a slight sheen that gives you this nice glow not glittery/discoball effect. The scent is not too heavy and it does go away after 5 minutes on the face..I am sensitive to strong scented cosmetics..ex. Lancome and Dior products. I have oily skin so this bronzer does not last all day, but nothing does on my skin. it does not turn orange, so far not break outs. Applies smoothly and blends very well. When i am wearing this bronzer I dont feel like I have anything on my face, with some bronzers I can sort of feel the heavyness of having makeup on the face, if that makes sense. If you are very fair this will not work for you, but for those leaning towards light/medium and medium this will work if you are looking for a sunkissed look ,if applied lightly. I love this bronzer, glad I did not listen to the MA because she suggest 05 and on my hand it looked orangish. I dont normally buy Guerlain products because they are expensive and usually you can find similar products from other brands cheaper, like their lipsticks for example, prefer MAC, but this is just my opinion. This bronzer was worth the price tag because I could not find a good bronzer for me and what I wanted in colour..from drugstore to higher brands. Give this color a try you might be surprised.:)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I thought this award winning, highly acclaimed, Terracotta bronzer was once again too dark, even in the color 00. It also had a fragrance and texture that was irritating to my ultra sensitive skin. The color 00 and 01 were both too orange with red undertones. Simply put, not too flattering on my fair skin. I personally think Guerlain is one of those brands that is over hyped and way over priced. Next!

on 5/18/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I like it. It's not a bad bronzer. It doesnt make my skin look dark.
It's a nice product. I have oily skin and I dont like alot of shimmer coz my pores.

on 5/16/2011 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love using bronzer as blush, especially on days when I wear a pink shirt. I hate looking *too* pink.... pink cheeks, pink shirt, etc., so that's when I like to reach for my bronzer. I bought this one because I know Guerlain has a good reputation, and it looked matte, and I prefer matte blushes and bronzers. I paid about $50 for this bronzer, and for the price, I find this to be quite disappointing. It does not last all day on me, and it appears more orange on my NW20 skin than bronzers from other brands that I should have just stuck with. I was advised by a Sephora mua to buy the 01 (brunettes), which would seem agreeable since I am a brunette. I guess my biggest complaints are that this product appears too orange on me and is not long-lasting enough, but maybe that's a good thing. :) I will stick with NARS Laguna, Bobbi Brown bronzer in Medium, MAC Golden, or Laura Mercier's Moroccan Bronze or Bronzer powder in Shimmer from now on. Those look far more natural & flattering on my skintone. I will chalk up the purchase of this Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer as a costly error.

Popular Bronzers