December 20, 2014 | 1326 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by lgooding

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know that this is a bronzer, but I was looking around for a face powder that would give me a nice coverage and not break me out, and I ended up getting this is #5 as an all over face powder. I'm tired of MAC, MUFE, NARS and other brands breaking my face out, so I figured I would give this a shot, and I'm glad that I did. This bronzer gives me a nice glow and on top of my concealer, it's the perfect coverage. I've gotten so many compliments on how nice and glowy my skin is when I wear this. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to try something different as a face powder. I also tried #7, but it was too dark...Mac nc50/nw45..Bobbi Brown Almond 7 for reference. It is expensive, but it's worth it.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in 01 and I am NC 20.It works great all over my face andnot just as a highlighting bronzer. Other bronzers or shades are too orange ortoo dark for my skintone. A classic product for this brand,

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by qmsterling

I needed some new bronzer and so tried this, based on reviews. It works fine, but not worth the cost, in my opinion. I am going to stick with my BeneFit Dallas, for about half the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by feeb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This may shock some but I got this bronzer in 08 Ebony Terracotta moisturizing bronzer powder..and I am NC20-25. The MA said to me it was way to dark for my skintone..etc.., but I told her I wanted a red toned bronzer, not orange or yellow and lately that is what I have been swatching with other brands. I love the color of MAC bronzer in Bronze, but the pigmentation was awful and frankly did not show up on the face. Getting back to this bronzer, great pigmentation, you only need a small amount with a fluffy brush for a nice sheer sunkissed look, its great for contouring and can be used as a blush also. There is no glitter but there is a slight sheen that gives you this nice glow not glittery/discoball effect. The scent is not too heavy and it does go away after 5 minutes on the face..I am sensitive to strong scented cosmetics..ex. Lancome and Dior products. I have oily skin so this bronzer does not last all day, but nothing does on my skin. it does not turn orange, so far not break outs. Applies smoothly and blends very well. When i am wearing this bronzer I dont feel like I have anything on my face, with some bronzers I can sort of feel the heavyness of having makeup on the face, if that makes sense. If you are very fair this will not work for you, but for those leaning towards light/medium and medium this will work if you are looking for a sunkissed look ,if applied lightly. I love this bronzer, glad I did not listen to the MA because she suggest 05 and on my hand it looked orangish. I dont normally buy Guerlain products because they are expensive and usually you can find similar products from other brands cheaper, like their lipsticks for example, prefer MAC, but this is just my opinion. This bronzer was worth the price tag because I could not find a good bronzer for me and what I wanted in colour..from drugstore to higher brands. Give this color a try you might be surprised.:)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by LipstickJunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I thought this award winning, highly acclaimed, Terracotta bronzer was once again too dark, even in the color 00. It also had a fragrance and texture that was irritating to my ultra sensitive skin. The color 00 and 01 were both too orange with red undertones. Simply put, not too flattering on my fair skin. I personally think Guerlain is one of those brands that is over hyped and way over priced. Next!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by lexamilly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I like it. It's not a bad bronzer. It doesnt make my skin look dark.
It's a nice product. I have oily skin and I dont like alot of shimmer coz my pores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I love using bronzer as blush, especially on days when I wear a pink shirt. I hate looking *too* pink.... pink cheeks, pink shirt, etc., so that's when I like to reach for my bronzer. I bought this one because I know Guerlain has a good reputation, and it looked matte, and I prefer matte blushes and bronzers. I paid about $50 for this bronzer, and for the price, I find this to be quite disappointing. It does not last all day on me, and it appears more orange on my NW20 skin than bronzers from other brands that I should have just stuck with. I was advised by a Sephora mua to buy the 01 (brunettes), which would seem agreeable since I am a brunette. I guess my biggest complaints are that this product appears too orange on me and is not long-lasting enough, but maybe that's a good thing. :) I will stick with NARS Laguna, Bobbi Brown bronzer in Medium, MAC Golden, or Laura Mercier's Moroccan Bronze or Bronzer powder in Shimmer from now on. Those look far more natural & flattering on my skintone. I will chalk up the purchase of this Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer as a costly error.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this bronzer for a couple of years, and I just love it! It has NO sparkle (don't get me wrong, I love sparkle) so it looks more natural than bronzers with shimmer.
It goes on easily, too. I'm very fair and color 01 is perfect, and allows me to layer for a light tan or something deeper.
I've warn this all day and I've never had to reapply. And it doesn't dry out your skin.
The only downside is that my skin is oily and that makes the top of the powder clump a bit.

BOTTOM LINE: No shimmer, allows for a more natural tan. Goes on easy, and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by stephieg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful bronzer. A friend recommended this and I have never looked back. Beautiful colour, smells great, looks gorgeous and lasts all day.
I find the packaging (case) a pain to open.
Lasts for ages, I think I have had mine for about a year and it's no where near the end (I use it every day).
If I can't be bothered with make up, I just where this and my skin looks great.
I use colour 02.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by nicedreams000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this from Sephora the other day and I think this is the bronzer that will prevent me from straying to ones from any other brand! I bought the 03 shade and it is so perfect with my nc 35 skintone.

It melts into my skin and the shimmer that you might have seen in the pan is almost invisible after applied. I like the light lavender-rose frangrance, but I can see where others might not. The smell is not apparent when worn though so it's probably not a big deal either way.

Some might argue that it runs too orange, but the key is to apply with a very light hand...you should only need to barely touch the top of your brush to the powder and then apply to the high points on your cheekbones, and sweep any remaining product on your temples and the very top of your forehead. I also lightly apply on the bridge of my nose and chin when I want that "just got back from the beach" look.