Caress Evenly Gorgeous Exfoliating Body Wash

4.3

water/aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, polyethylene, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycern, acrylates copolymer, cocamide mea, fragrance/fragancia, glycine soja (soybean) oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), molasses, maltodextrin, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, ppg-9, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, methylchloroso thazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, caramel, blue 1, iron oxides, mca, red 33, titanium dioxide, yellow 6

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I was enthusiastic about getting this body wash at first. I liked the idea of having an exfoliating wash because it's a time and money saver. I no longer had to buy a body exfoliator and I needed a new body wash, voila, two birds, one stone. Prior to buying it, I did what I always do now before buying anything. I read reviews. The ones I read here and on other sites were mostly positive. There were even some raves. I was most intrigued by the comparison of the brown sugar/karite scent to vanilla, as I find the soft scent of vanilla so comforting. When I first used it, I was taken aback by the smell. I did not feel it smelled anything at all like vanilla. I couldn't describe it. I didn't dislike it, but I was not a fan either. The exfoliating beads are small yet effective. My skin shines more than it did prior to purchasing this. They aren't too harsh and I'm glad it doesn't feel abrasive against my skin. The best part of this product is the lather. Boy does this lather! I'm trying to lay off the sulfates, but this sure is making that hard! I've found that the more lather there is, the cleaner I feel. Evenly Gorgeous delivers on that in spades. I've been using this for about three weeks now and I've gradually become more and more REPULSED by the smell. This morning I figured out why I've grown to detest it so much. It reeks of artificiality! It just smells so devoid of anything natural, even though it's claimed to be brown sugar and karite butter, two NATURAL things. This smells like some sort of artificial scent straight out of a lab. The "brown sugar" just smells like cheap sugared candy. That is absolutely NOT how brown sugar should smell. The "karite butter" smells off. It's gotten to the point that I'm just trying to get through the bottle. I'm going back to organic body washes. The smell is oppressive. I find I have to take cooler showers because the warmer the temperature of the water, the stronger this smells. I just can't. One lippie for the exfoliation, one lippie for the excellent lather. I can't find any other positives about this one. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this body wash! I purchased it when it first came out and I have been using it for several months. It smells awesome and makes my skin so smooth! The scent lingers in the bathroom and on my skin. I've gotten compliments from people on how good I smell. I'm always trying out new body washes but this is one I want to stick with. No need to try others because this is it. I hope they never stop making this. Love it!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I loooooooooooveeeeeeeeee Caress its definitely my HG bodywash. They always have the best variety of scents. It makes a shower so much better. This one is all sugary and sweet it makes me want to lick my own skin...hahahaa....and the scent stays on skin. It also has the whole bathrooom smelling good. Its a great moisturizer, I just bought this particular one today and I was n a rush so after my shower I didnt have time to lotion down. But my skin is still soft n smooth n not dry. Once again I'M IN LOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEE WITH THIS STUFF.
P.S: It was only 3 bucks at wal mart

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

HG, best body wash ever. The smell is so freakin intoxicating. I've used lots of body washes over the years, many of which have smelled quite nice, but this stuff is in a whole different ballgame. I am obsessed with the smell. Plus it lathers really well (this is a must for me) and leaves my skin feeling very clean. I don't find it overly moisturizing or drying, but I don't have sensitive skin that would necessarily notice either of these things. I just know I love the way it smells!!!!

Smells good, feels great and makes showering a pleasure! It doesn't dry out my skin and it leaves such a nice scent.

I am currently out of it and going to have to go buy more this weekend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Pros:
- 18 oz for only $3! (Purchased at walmart.)
- Higher quality than some high end brands!!!
- Cleans great without overdrying. I was able to remove all of my heavy make up with this only using a dime sized amount.
- Very gentle & won't irritate sensitive skin.
- Smells okay. I prefer fresher & fruity shower gel scents - but this doesn't smell bad by any means.
- Decent packaging.
- The gel itself looks like melted gold.

Cons:
-None.

I'm definitely going to repurchase, but in a different scent. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I broke out while I was using this, but I really adore the smell. It kept my skin soft, but it didn't clean like other soaps. I have one more bottle left, so I guess I'll use it but afterwards I'll use something else.

I first tried the bar version of this and I didn't really like it much. The smell was great, but I didn't feel like it got me "really" clean. After liking the smell so much I decided to try the liquid body wash version since I usually prefer those anyways - and I loved it! I felt like it really did get me clean, and the bottle lasted longer than the bars did. It made my skin really smooth. Oh, and I did like the little exfoliating pieces in it - got my skin really soft.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this body wash! I am not a bar soap kind of gal. I love lathering up a pouf, and I feel like body wash lasts longer. I had used the Caress body washes before & had a coupon, but hadn't tried this scent. One whiff & I was sold! It is even nicer in a steamy shower. My whole bathroom smells good afterwards. I am going to buy a freaking case of this stuff!

This is, by far, the best body wash I ever tried. True to its name, this great smelling wash improved my skin. It smells great and cleans without leaving any filmy residue, nice packaging, and really good price. I started using the bar soap at first, but the body wash was better to the last drop! I'm on my second bottle now and getting my third soon. Makes a great hand wash, too! This will be great if they come up with a body lotion and fragrance with the same scent. My HG body wash from now on! I just hope they don't discontinue this product.