September 18, 2014 | 1306 users online

Eyeliner - Prestige - Total Intensity Eyeliner Deepest Black

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately after one use this product irritated my eyes. Wish it had worked out after reading so many positive reviews. I'm planning to try Milani Liqif'eye liner instead. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by laurenmn

This stuff blew my mind. I've tried everything to not sweat off my eyeliner, including waterproof, and everything smeared! Not this stuff. Sets well, goes on well, doesn't budge unless I want it too, and looks amazing. Only con is how well it stays! Takes some effort to wash off but so worth it. Amazing value for the price. Buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Aquaduck97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, my first mua review(:
i really really like this eyeliner. I'd buy it a thousand times if i could. it goes on SO smooth & creamy, so there's no tugging or pulling. and the staying power, don't even get me started! it lasts forever. i cry, it stays. i shower, it stays. i sweat, it stays. i sleep, it stays. this is the second eyeliner i've tried (and i've tried many) that lasts like this. the first being Avon's glimmersticks. but i can't get it anymore because it has to be ordered and the lady i got it from quit selling Avon. but anyways, this stuff is AMAZING. nothing, i mean NOTHING stays on my waterline. not even revlon colorstay. *gasp* however, this does. i picked this up at Ulta for around 4 bucks. now i hate pencil liners with all my life, but i've heard SO much rave about prestige liners so i had to get it. i've never tried to get it before, since i thought it was a high end product like stuff from mac, and i'd NEVER pay $17 for any eyeliner or mascara. but i was wrong, and very suprised to see it was as cheap as drugstore products (yay!)
now about the packaging, i guess i'm pretty biased beacause, like i said earlier, i hate pencil liners in general. so of course i really don't like the packaging. but if you like pencils, then this shouldn't be a problem.
Overall, i LOVE this. if you havent tried this yet, BUY IT. matter of fact, buy two, to save you a trip to the store. since i guarantee you'll want to re-purchase. the only thing keeping me from possibly not buying this again is because it's pencil. but if i see a prestige eyeliner that's retractable, i'll pounce on that ish. nuff said <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Chocolateyanyans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this eye liner. I have Asian monolids (this means I have no crease.), and with the rubbing action going on in my lids (this is what happens to most people with monolids and if you still don't understand, search google) its hard for eye liner to stay on. I even tried revlon colorstay and it sucked for me. It kept coming off and I had to reapply like what... every hour. But prestige DOES work for hours. It will come off with makeup remover, Lasts long. and the color is SUPER SUPER intense and creamy. no dragging whatsoever. This is my HG drugstore pencil liner. I would prefer it if it was automatic cause I hate sharpening it but who cares as long as it works great. for 5 bucks, this is a great deal. I also tested this on my waterline. I put it on and cried while watching a movie and afterwards looking in the mirror it stayed put.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by releasethatpeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is exactly what i was looking for. an intense black that stays. goes on as smooth as butter, but stays put. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered 4 of these eyeliners. The black one is the one I wear the most. This pencil in my opinion is very comparable to Milani's Liquifeye Eyeliner Pencil in Black. They both have great pigmentation, a true deep black that is not opaque at all and requires a light hand, and they both need to be sharpened but it is hard to sharpen them to the exact point you want. Because of this is can be hard to make a thin even line on the upper lashline. However, this pencil along with Milani's are the only ones I can find in a drugstore that last on my waterline. They last all day on my upper lashline (however I tend to wear liquid liner there most days) and while they do not last forever on my waterlines (nothing can on this area of the area) they last the longest of all the pencils I have tried- requiring one touch up a day. I do not find the sharpening required for these pencils to be cumbersome because they are cheap and Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils which are pretty similar to these are much more expensive and still require much sharpening.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by mooseformayor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read somewhere on the net (I've since forgotten where I saw such words of pure wisdom and enlightenment) that Prestige's Total Intensity eyeliner in Deepest Black is an exact dupe for Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On eyeliner in the LE shade "Perversion" (which you can get only if you buy the 15th Anniversary 24/7 set or alternatively through eBay). I'd seen swatches done of it and so I really wasn't skeptical at all prior to purchase. Besides this version is DIRT-cheap compared to UD! $5.50 plus local tax (if applicable) compared to $18? That's an absolute no-brainer.

Color- and intensity-wise, Prestige's Deepest Black is the identical twin of Urban Decay's Perversion. The identical twin that was born at the exact same time if that's physically possible. Prestige's take on (deepest) black is some of the purest, darkest black you will ever come across. Darker than coal if indeed there is such a shade. Darker than the middle of the night with all the lights turned off. It is impressive and astonishing and a huge bargain at only $5.50 a piece. The texture is as equally creamy as Urban Decay's 24/7 line. It too glides right onto your eyelid and the words "pull," "tug" and "skip" will never cross your mind when you hold this pencil in your hand.

The only downside I can think of is that being so creamy and easy to work with, it DOES fall on the softer side and this makes it somewhat of a pain to sharpen. I've had the tip of another Prestige Total Intensity color break on me right after I sharpened it. It caused instant dismay and disappointment but I've read that others have stuck it in the fridge prior to sharpening, so that may be an option I will explore if it continues to happen. I would think the force with which you are pressing the tip of the pencil to your eyelids also plays a part in determining whether it will break. So perhaps the more gentle you are, the lesser the chance of the tip breaking.

Overall, A+ on this particular eyeliner. Prestige has equaled, if not outdone, Urban Decay with this shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ttzeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is now my all-time favorite drugstore eyeliner. I love deep black eyeliners, and so far, this is the only other drugstore liner next to L'Oreal's Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Liner to deliver the same creamy, intensely dark black. The formula glides on really smoothly and lasts for a long time. I usually put some powder under my lines to prevent them from smudging because it is not smudge-proof on me. It was also quite cheap...around $5 I think! An absolute must-have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Where has this eyeliner been all my life?? I LOVE this liner! It is the most INTENSE black that I have ever come across. Much better than the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner that I was a bit disappointed with. It has a very smooth creamy formula that glides on like butter and best of all, it doesn't smudge!! (provided it is set with a matte black eyeshadow) It managed to survive a grueling workout at the gym without making me look like I had panda eyes. Lasts all day even in humid weather. A big problem that I have with some pencil liners is that they tend to smudge near the outer corner of my eye. This one didn't at all. It stayed put on my waterline and on my upper lash-line which is great considering I have oily lids. A must-have for my makeup bag now! Definitely going to be repurchasing this little gem!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by normaestrada19

Yes and I mean YES, I would def. re-purchase this little drugstore gem. This has got to be THE best gel eyeliner hybrid pencil I have used. So many reasons to love this line of eyeliners but mainly, for me at least, this STAYS on my waterline :) Let me count the ways I love this pencil: A truly pigmented intense black, smooth like butter, long wearing, cheap, and most importantly it stays on my waterline. Yes tis true, you do have to sharpen quite often and sometimes it can be hard to draw a straight line on upper lash line (due to it's butter like consistency) BUT for under 6 buck a pop, I do not mind the sharpening. I end up using my Clinique cream liner for upper line or if in a hurry will use this as well but the line is not as thin as with a cream liner. I have used it all, super high-end pencils, loose kohls and even an eyeliner from Pakistan, and yet this gets the job done better than anything. I waited months to review this pencil because I truly wanted to try it under several circumstances before professing my undying love for it and yup I am in love :) I have these in all the colors they are available: black (true intense black), brown (basic brown, but wish it had a bronze sheen), teal (kinda of a grayish teal with metallic finish), green (beautiful hunter green color with metallic finish), strong slate ( gorgeous gunmetal silver with metallic finish), blue (lovely denim blue with metallic finish), purple (more like a black purple without the somewhat metallic finish on the other colors) and finally olive (pretty warm olive color with metallic finish). Once more, I am in love with these pencils and look forward to more colors.....