October 31, 2014 | 1532 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

This is my HG morning cleanser.

I have slightly oily, very sensitive skin. I break out in small flesh colored bumps and blackheads, never pimples.

This cleanser leaves my skin perfectly balanced - not oily, nor dry. It's too gentle at night to remove my makeup (concealer, powder, brow pencil, mascara, blush or Bronzer, and sometimes eyeshadow or eyeliner,) so I use a deeper cleanser with my Clarisonic at night. But for the morning, when my skin just needs a little refresher, this cleanser is perfect! Leaves my skin soft and ready for makeup. Reduces redness. Calms skin. Fragrance free. I love it(:

UPDATE: It's been a good solid 4 or 5 weeks of using this. Still my fav.

Update: a year of use. My HG for morning and night. Skin has never been clearer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by yellowease

I began using this cleanser when I reintroduced cetaphil in my skincare regimen. My skin is currently recovering from a winter breakout (and perhaps the tragic result of experimenting with too many products) and while I initially started with Cetaphil, I bought this one because I found it far more gentle on my skin.

The consistency is very similar to cetaphil, it does not lather but it feels more like a cream cleanser. It is non-drying which is a plus! After I pat my face with a towel, my skin feels rehydrated and ready for my moisturizer.

The biggest plus is Cerave DOES NOT test on animals! This is my new HG cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by noname4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Having a dermatitis condition on my face, I have to be careful not to irritate it. I've used Cetaphil for years and it's good, but there's something about the CeraVe that makes it better. I think it feels creamier on my skin and I just like the feel of my face after I've washed with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by DVick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This burns my skin on contact. Probably the alcohol in it. Don't understand how it's suppose to be gentle and hydrating. It makes my skin red and dry. I wouldn't recommend it if you have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by TracyNevins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

CereVe makes a product dermatologists love and recommend! It is so mild...and it makes your face feel smooth and clean. I give their cleanser and moistener an a plus!! Priced quite reasonably, as well :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by xxAlandraxx

I really wanted to like this product as I have used the lotion for years. However, it burned when I applied it to my skin. I gave it 3 tries and had the same reaction each time. My skin has been very dehydrated recently which is causing mild breakouts and this seemed to be very popular so I thought I would try it. Maybe my skin is just in a bad way right now. Maybe I will give it a try at another time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by bobbywoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this cleanser over a year now and love it. I have sensitive, dehydrated skin with mild rosacea. This is a gentle, hydrating cleanser that does not irritate any of my conditions. In my past experience with other cleansers my skin tightens up and becomes dry after using, CeraVe Hydrating does not do this to me. It will not remove makeup or heavy suncreens, I use a carrier oil for that task.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

This is a very good cleanser once you've removed most of your make-up - it's a liquid consistency and very cooling for sensitive skin. The amount you get makes it very good value and the packaging is functional and very basic. It comes with a pump. I use it in the shower with my Clarisonic as I don't find it as effective otherwise. You have to follow with a toner as there is a very slight residue but it's easily removed. I'm not sure I'd buy it again but for sensitive skin it's a very good option as it doesn't flare up or dry out my sensitive/combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I'm a huge fan of this cleanser and use it almost exclusively when using my Clarisonic Mia (I only use the delicate brush heads). I find that this cleanser creates an almost "cushion" when using the Clarisonic, so I get all of the cleaning benefits and gentle exfoliation, with no harsh effects from the Clarisonic. I wet my face, then massage one pump of the Cerave cleanser all over my skin. To the Clarisonic brush head I apply two big drops of L'Oreal 360 Cream Cleanser and two pumps of the Cerave Hydrating cleanser, briefly work this mixture into the brush head, then carry on with the Clarisonic. Using this method and combination of cleansers, I've been able to use my Clarisonic once daily with no bad effects, whereas when I've used other cleansers (especially when using just foaming cleansers and no Cerave) I was only able to use my Clarisonic 2-3 times per week or less, because my skin was being over-exfoliated. The cerave Hydrating Cleanser is a great product that I'll continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have dry skin and this cleanser does a great job of cleaning while not drying me out completely. It's a hair more expensive than the average Neutrogena cleanser (or similar brands), but you get plenty of product and it works very well.