October 24, 2014 | 1747 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2009 7:10:00 AM More reviews by carllin87

The photo on this page appears different from what I had in mind... I was looking to review that cleanser in the tube... rather than this one in the picture which shows what I think is the cream cleanser... but there are no others in my search under seaweed so here goes.

The cleanser was nothing special... It's kinda okay in consistency... but cleansing wise just doesn't feel like it's cleansing right.

One thing though, it does smell quite good... but then again it's the kind of smell you can get sick off after a while?

Oh well, that's my two cents - not a very great cleanser... it's okay but not something I'd go for again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by bluecloud2

I really like this product, i actually got given it by my grandma by accident as i asked her to pick up the body shop vitamin E cleanser and she picked up this instead (god knows why!). I really like my vitamin E cleanser, it has a lovely smell and thick creamy consistency. The seaweed cleanser has a more runny consistency and does not smell as nice but still does the job. I find both very kind to my skin and remove any excessed make up that i havent taked off with make up wipes brilliantly. My face always feels clean and is never left tight or dry and does not make me break out. I now mix both cleansers in my owns little bottle that has a pump and is easier to pump out onto cotton pads. when mixed together i find i get the nice consistency and smell of the vitamin E cleanser and the purifying elements of the seaweed cleanser. both great products and i would recommend them to anyone.
xx

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by vanities

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't mind the scent, and this cleaned my face of all makeup, but it also over stripped any natural oil as well- leaving my skin super tight, dry, and slightly irritated. Maybe if you have REALLY oily skin it would be OK. It would be better in a pump, (tubes leak in the shower sometimes). I think there are much better cleansers out there for the money... like the foaming version of Cetaphil. Will not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ow it burns! This facial wash doesn't foam up much, smells odd and cleanses ok. But it really irritated my skin. No go. So glad I only have a sample size.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by coppercutie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I was worried that it wouldn't clean my face because of the creamy consistency, but I think it will be a great cleanser for combo skins during the colder months. I don't wear a lot of makeup, but when I do, I just use a bit with a cotton ball and wipe it off before washing. A little goes a long way, so I think that for the price it's well worth it. I follow up with the toner, which I love since both leave my skin nice and matte. This is the first cleanser I've found that actually doesn't over dry my combo skin. Not sure how it will work in the summer months though, I may need to go back to clinique's oily skin cleanser. But I'm happy I've found a winter regime that works!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Sour

When I first bought this, I was a little skeptical because it contains seaweed but thankfully it doesnít smell like that at all! What I donít like about this cleanser is that it doesnít give your face that ďcleanĒ feeling that a facial wash is usually supposed to give. I like washing my face and feeling it tightening up a little since its usually oily but this one doesnít do that. I know itís meant for oily/combo skin but I think this would be great for dry skinned girls as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by marigold11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved this when I first starting using it, but after about a week I broke out in big, painful spots. You know the kind that lurk under your skin for weeks? I continued to use this for a little while longer, hoping that my skin would eventually get used to it and calm down (I'd foolishly spent a lot of money on a whole load of other seaweed products from the Body Shop on a whim, so I was determined for it to work!), but no such luck. It's a shame because I liked everything else about this cleanser, but something about it just didn't agree with my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2008 7:30:00 AM More reviews by ilovefruit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

it's an okay cleanser if you don't wear makeup. However, i felt it didn't do ANYTHING in order to remove my foundation. Unless you wash your face multiple times and use toner each time then it could be okay.. there are so many far better cleansers out there!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

**Description**
A mild, oil-free and soap-free highly foaming cleansing gel that effectively deep cleanses to clear open pores and rinse away excess oils, make-up, impurities and daily grime. Leaves the skin feeling cleansed and purified.
**MY opinion**
I like this product a lot. I bought its travel size version on a whim during a clearance sale at The Body Shop. I really didnít know what to expect from this face cleanser so I decided to put it on my swap list w/out testing it first. One day I was out of face cleansers and this product came to my mind. What a lovely surprise!! I ended up using it a lot during the last month and I honestly think this $ 10.50 Seaweed purifying face wash is worth every cent. It wonít dramatically change your life, but it will remove residue on your face, leaving that nice feeling of a freshly scrubbed skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 9:41:00 AM More reviews by gryph

I really like this cleanser, I use it at night. My skin feels very soft and clean after using. The next morning there is hardly any oil on my face, and it is usually an oil slick. My skin has been looking better since using this because the oil is under control. Will repurchase.