April 20, 2014 | 1444 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmers - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've bee using this for YEARS and I'm addicted to it. I use it strictly on my lips, every night before I go to bed and always before putting on lipstick. It's the best thing on earth and I would panic if it became unavailable. I have other lip balms all over the house and in my handbag, but none of them comes close to this one.

The way I use it before lipstick is, I put a good layer of this first thing, before I start putting my MU on. Then, when the time to apply l/s comes, I take a damp towel (a corner of it), I scrub my lips gently with it. Then, I apply another layer of this l/b (unless I decide to wear gloss, in which case it's not necessary), I blot, and I follow with l/s. My lips look soft and smooth, and the l/s doesn't dry out. This is especially helpful if I'm wearing matte l/s.

Terrific product. Not waxy at all. And the tube lasts me more than a month, even with multiple every day application.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

This "glue" stick is a beautiful thing...I slather this all over my lips every night before bed and in the morning. This stays put my lips are so soft and moist and it lasts. What a gem, and yes the smell is decadent you'll wanna eat it. This is also great for cuticles and any other random dry patches. This does not breakout/irritate my sensitive skin. Chapstick can make friends with the garbage can, have you read the ingredients for all those lip products recently?? Yuck.
Update 5/2012- Found i never really went to grab this often, using it up on my hands will not repurchase. Search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by nutella87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I FINALLY FOUND THIS!!! Seriously, I've been reading reviews for the Palmer's Cocoa Butter stick for 3 years now. The repurchasing percentage was so high and the reviews were usually positive. My lips are always dry it seems; I have a lot of lip balms and chapstick. My favorites being Vaseline Intensive Care and Nivea Kiss of Smoothness. But the only reason why I bought those was because I couldn't find this.
BUT I HAVE FINALLY FOUND IT. At a neighborhood WalMart surprisingly... I've checked out so many stores before.
I've only used this on my lips so far-- and yes, it does smell like cake batter. Yum.
Leaves me lips feeling moisturized long after its faded. Not wet though, or greasy like Nivea and Vaseline, but moist.

Yes I will be repurchasing.
Glue stick appearance? Whatever, I don't apply chapstick in public anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by danyellec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love Palmers cocoa butter but the lip balm isn't as great. For my lips it is too greasy and leaves a ring around my mouth where it has taken my foundation off which I don't tend to get from balms like MAC lip conditioner (tube). I wouldn't buy it again as I have far better balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Aily

This is my favourite lip balm EVER. It smells great and makes your lips soft without feeling sticky or anything. I've never seen it on sale in Canada, which is sad, so I pick it up when I see it in the States, it's something like $3.50. Totally worth it, The only downside is that people always feel the need to comment on how it looks like you're rubbing a gluestick on your lips...ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by emhenzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love, love, love this product! It's my HG lip balm; the only moisturizer that protects against New England winters. I keep a stick in every coat pocket and handbag. A little more expensive than your stadard chapstick, but absolutely worth the price!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

This dried every bit of skin on my lips after 3 hours. This feels like a failed copy of Badger's organic cocoa butter lipbalms. I love those ones and they are a staple for me and my BF. IMO, the formulation of this is much sub-par compared to the smooth formulation of Badger's.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by mayanquice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. I use it every night. It has helped my forehead wrinkles. I put it on areas that I feel need it or are wrinkle prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by CarlyR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG lip balm! It's so moisturizing and smells great, like vanilla :) It's huge, so even for a lip balm addict like me, it lasts a very long time. I'll repurchase this as long as they make it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

Update 1/5/12,
Still love this! This summer I got a massive tub of Palmer Cocoa Butter (I find it works well over just applied dark self tanners, to help them blend and not make me look dipped haphazardly in paint!) but still missed this stick despite having all that product. As I state in the review below, the tub variety is simply not the same. The formulation in stick is so lovely on lips, so comforting, soothing and healing. Try it!

I've used this forever and took for granted that I must have reviewed it at some point. First point, this is not the same as the smaller, but very similar looking, lip balm from the brand, nor is it even the same as the little tubs in trial size (though they are closest, they're creamier). I make the distinctions because this is the one to try, at least first. Here's why, for me this is a first rate lip moisturizer. It's also a great multi use product, great for traveling because its good for cuticles, skin anywhere, especially heels, elbows, even mild enough for facial use. If you forgot a product and need something to smooth some frizz, rub on your palms.

But as a lip product this is fantastic. I have a medical condition causing my moisture glands to die off. Many have dry skin/lips, I know dryness in a way most cannot. Its not a contest I want to win, but it does make me feel qualified to say what works for dry/sensitive, reactive skin since I've dealt with this for 15 years now. For those reasons I like a lip balm that is very moisturizing, long lasting (through the night is helpful for me), beneficial to my lips, the smell/taste if any, must be more than tolerable. This fits the bill in many ways, I love the diameter, I find very thin products like Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers and Soft lips, nice, but too thin in diameter, and though I have avg sized lips, they're too thin for me to get good coverage in one swipe. This feels great on, smooth, soft, yet the stick will last ages and ages, despite swiping it on often. The scent is the usual one for the brand but not as sweet. I love their scent but realize some find it cloying. I find it most natural of the ones in their brand I've tried.

I love this so for using at home, but need a lip balm with spf to wear under my l/g, and was thrilled when I saw the same packaging in a mini but with spf. I could not use it, somehow that stung my lips, tried it over and over thinking it was something else, sadly, no. Could just be me and my reactive skin. I also tried (ran to try!) the other version with a chocolately mint scent, but it neither smelled nor tasted right, though I have to believe I possibly got an old, rancid one as it was so off from others descriptions.

Its a great idea to have two of these which I do, one exclusively for your lips, and one for use elsewhere. This heals my lips when they have gotten chapped (from wind, sun or cold, exposure), and also very healing for the corners of my mouth which crack from time to time. A few days use on cuticles and they look much better too.

Very few products, especially for lips (and given my condition imagine how many lip balms I go through?!) that I use right to the end, I mean struggling to get the last bits out of the packaging cause I didn't have a back up! These I've used till not a drop is left. This is a cheap, and very useful, thrill, try it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No