July 24, 2014 | 2000 users online

Powder - BeneFit Cosmetics - Hello Flawless!

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeup15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm madly and completely in love with this product!! It's so smooth and soft but has great coverage. I bought this on a whim I was looking to try a new foundation and I was in ulta just looking around and I usually grab benefits porefection primer and I thought that's an amazing product maybe this powder would be good. I got a swatch and my color was beige. I use it with a very dense flat foundation brush and no kidding I was amazed at how soft the powder felt on my face. It has great coverage you can build up. The only thing is that it's quite expensive for the amount you get. I reached pan within a few weeks. I don't like the brush and sponge it comes with but the product itself is great. I got compliments on my skin the first day wearing this powder. I love love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Killviolet13

If you have combo and sensitive skin plus, are willing to spend a pretty penny than this is the product for you! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this foundation. It was the first powder I ever bought I usually buy liquid foundation. It makes my pores invisible. Its very light and it feels breathable. You can defenitely build if you want more coverage. I love how it makes my skin feel like velvet. I would totally recommend! I have bought this product for the 2nd time. I just wish it was a tad cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by urbancaseymariee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Used my own brush for this one. Beige color over my beige hello flawless oxygen wow and porefessional by benefit. Absolutely gorgeous powder (I'm not a fan of powders usually!) and makes me feel like a girly, sexy, flawless-faced beach babe. Works wonderfully with a swipe of blush and lip gloss. Absolute must buy if you're getting the oxygen wow foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I originally got this on a whim with all of the great reviews about how "natural" and not "cakey" this powder was. My Bare Minerals tended to cake around my nose even with the lightest touch.

When I got home, I originally used this as a setting powder. Meh. It looked really bad when I used the sponge too. Enter a random moment of messing around with makeup. I had my argan oil on for the night and found out I had to make a quick cigs run. Using my Sigma F82 brush (I think the dense round top kabuki), I buffed it into my sorta shiny/dewey face and WOW. It looks like I am glowing from within with the most flawless complexion on earth. AND it covered my disgusting acne scar I had recently gotten. I usually do have pretty good skin, never any breakouts or blemishes and just some slight redness around the nose. But this stuff evened everything out without a trace of being a powder.

I don't like the strange tuck away compartment with useless brush/sponge, and the powder is very little for a lot of money, but upon this discovery I don't think I want to go back to my heavy foundations again. Besides, I don't need all the extra steps and gunk on my face!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I have this powder in ivory (the lightest shade) because I am as white as paper. The packaging is really adorable and handy. It's made of sturdy plastic and includes a mirror and a application pad as well as a small brush. The pad has never been my preferred way of applying powder, but it works when I'm in a rush. The brush isn't great but it is useful when you're on the go. For my main form of foundation, I've always preferred liquid because it gives you a dewy, natural look. Although, I do really like this powder. I use it for an all over foundation when I don't feel like taking the time to put on liquid. It has medium coverage and usually looks pretty natural, although it is a little bit yellow for my skin tone. I use this mainly though to set my liquid foundation after I'm done. It does a great job of that without looking cakey or cheap. I've used it a lot so I've already hit the pan. I might repurchase even though it was pretty pricey.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Krystallulu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This powder foundation truly disappointed me. After reading all the good reviews on MUA, I decided to go buy it. I asked for a color match at ULTA and found that 'Honey' was my color. The powder seemed really nice when I tried it in the store, when the person applied it along my jaw line. I went home and applied it on my face using a fluffy powder brush and the sponge in the box to set my concealer underneath my eye for my severe dark circles. My under-eye area turned to this dark orange color instantly, yet the rest of my face looked fine with the powder on, the color blended pretty well on the rest of my face. It was really strange, I wondered if it was the concealer that's causing the problem. I was using Laura Geller's Real Deal Concealer.

So I did an experiment on my arm by putting different concealers on my skin, and then apply Benefit Hello Flawless Powder on top. All of the samples turned to the dark orange color I had seen earlier. I also tried to apply the powder on my skin first, then apply the concealer, the color change seemed darken less, but it was still showing a weird orange tone which made my skin looked strange. I have fair skin with yellow undertone, I was using Sephora's Mattifying Powder Foundation before I purchased benefit. The powder from Sephora didn't change color after I applied it on top of my concealer, but the coverage wasn't good enough for me. Although right now I have to go back to it since this powder isn't working for me for the area I needed coverage the most (dark circles :(!) I tried using the powder alone, without applying concealers, but it couldn't cover the dark circle entirely, I still looked like I didn't have enough sleep.

I am returning the powder. For those of you who found this to be your HG powder, well, you are lucky :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Cgoddard85

I bought this powder a few weeks ago from Ulta and loved it - even though I knew I was taking a risk, I have yet to find a mineral foundation that doesn't break out my skin...

I used this for about two weeks before the breakouts started. I stopped using this immediately and luckily there haven't been any new pimples but it will take some time for the ones that came up to heal.

I will say that I loved this foundation. It felt good on my skin, was easy to apply, and looked natural. It also really kept the shine down on my skin [ one of the first ingredients in Talc ]

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I'd try this based on the reviews. This goes on nice and your skin looks flawless but after only a few hours my face was oily. It slides right off. The powder also makes a huge mess and you lose so much of the product when using the brush. After 2 days of use I had 3 new pimples. It's is going back.I wouldn't recommend for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by lane87

This foundation powder goes on smoothly and blends really well. It doesn't break me out and doesn't turn me into a grease ball. I I can look a bit cakey on dry skin but if you moisturize before using it, that won't be a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got the "How to Look the Best at Everything" kit in "Lite" at Sephora, and it came with a sample of several products, including this powder in "Me Vain? Champagne." The color was one or two shades too dark for my very pale, neutral/pink skin, so that was no good. It did, however, dust on beautifully, and a little went a long way. After dotting concealer (Boi-ing 01) over my significant redness and a couple scars, a few swipes of this made my face glowy, smooth, and even, without looking cakey. I really prefer the natural, low-maintainence makeup look and this did the trick. The only real cons (except for the color which is fixable by purchasing a lighter shade) the powdery nature and the lack of SPF. I have dry skin, and the powder did cling a little to some flakier patches. Not as badly as every other powder I've ever tried, though! I'm taking one lippie off for the price and no SPF. As great as this product is, it does seem a little on the expensive side. Reccommended.