November 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Pressed Powders - Lancome - Matte Finish Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2003 9:32:00 AM More reviews by BunnyH

have never used pressed poweder before so have nothing to compare this with. It does blend well and only a little is needed to combat shine but the effect only lasts for a couple of hours. Not sure if I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2003 1:02:00 AM More reviews by orangelatte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in "Pale Beige" and it blends in very well with my skin. I've compared this with Clinique's matte pressed power (which was too cakey) and Cover Girl's Fresh Look powder (which didn't apply on as smoothly) and this is by far, the best. It's $23US, but it's a high-quality product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2003 4:45:00 PM More reviews by lenah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in Beige 0 which was such a good match that it was invisible when I tried it in the store. After I'd bought it and tried it on at home, it seemed 2 shades too light for my skin! Plus it made my skin flaky--and I normally have oily skin. But that was in the winter time. However, it works great in the summer when my face is oiliest. For me, this powder is seems medium coverage, not so sheer. My skin looks more even when I put this on. I'll reserve this for summer use, b/c this powder is best for super-oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2003 4:28:00 PM More reviews by coscouns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is more sheer than the Photogenic pressed. Not that great as a foundation, but ok as pressed powder (which is what it is marketed for!). NC 35-40 usually, I found the Clair was a bit too light. The Lt beige was better for winter. an ok product, but not that great. *edited* This has become my favorite powder used as a foundation! Cleared my skin up, even if coverage isn't the greatest!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2003 12:53:00 PM More reviews by g00sie

This is a really Sheer Powder, which is what I was lookin' for and found .... I never really like Pressed Powder, because I am afraid that it will make my face look CAKEY .... but this one go on so SHEER and smooth .... I actually LOVE it ....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2003 8:09:00 PM More reviews by maryam

apparently, this is supposed to control oil. i put it on in the morning and 2 hrs later i was an oil slick and i'm not even that oily! it also has some weird floral fragrance that is really irritaing and the colors all run pink. the case looks nice but gets all scratched up in your purse really easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2003 10:35:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

This powder comes in a nice black laquer compact. It would be nice if they separated the sponge from the product, though if you save the clear plastic insert, it would serve the purpose. Comes with a washable sponge which is nicer than the Nars puff and the one in MAC Blot Powder. The powder itself goes one smoothly, but unfortunately, it oxidized on me and turned orangey. I've had this problem with other powders also. I may try another shade or the translucent next time. I tried Clair and wear Buff 4 (used to be Clair) in Teint Idole.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2003 12:52:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

**FYI: I have the ingred. list on the box scanned and posted in my MUA pics.**Yippie!!! I adore this pressed powder! It goes on smoothly, with no caking. It blots shine and keeps my skin shine-free for hours. (It's much, much better than MAC Blot, which makes my skin feel greasy an hour later(ick!).) It also gives a touch of coverage, to help even the skintone.SHADE:I wear 'Clair' and it's perfect for my MAC NC20/Stila B/BB Warm Ivory/Px Sheer Vellum skin. With my request, the MA tested 3 shades on me: 'Clair', 'Light Buff', and 'Pale Beige'. The 'Light Buff' appeared the correct shade for me in the compact, but when applied, it was clearly too pale. (An FYI, this powder goes on paler than it appears in the compact.) She said that 'Clair' had golden undertones which worked better with my skintone than the 'Pale Beige'.SKINTYPE/INGREDIENTS:I'm oily/acne-prone/sensitive, and this powder does NOT break me out or irritate. It's talc-based(1st ingredient), Sage "safe", and does not contain any potentially comedogenic ingredients, like Corn or Rice Starch. Plus, it's fragrance-free, so it doesn't bother my sometimes sensitive/fincky skin. It contains Titanium Dioxide as the 2nd ingredient, so it may not be the best choice for use in photographs.PACKAGING:The compact is smaller and slimmer than my previous BB Sheer Finish Pressed Powder, which was way too bulky. I'm not too fond the sponge applicator it comes with, so I replaced it with my really nice BB sponge, which you can buy seperately for $6. Do save the clear plastic sponge holder, as it works to prevent the oils from the sponge from getting on the powder. I paid $23(US) which I thought was reasonable, as it takes my a long, long time to finish a powder. There's nothing I don't like about this powder! A HUGE rave from me!!! **UPDATE** 4-04: I still love this pressed powder! No breakouts from it either! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2003 3:12:00 PM More reviews by radekal19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good product, keeps my oily skin matte, but I think the Beige color is too light for me (NC42 - the SA kinda pushed it on me). The next color choice was way too dark though. This would be a nice product if it came in more colors (only 4 colors plus translucent). I'm thinking about exchanging it for the translucent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2003 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Sablois

FABULOUS! This is a product I will buy again and again. Totally my HG pressed powder. I LOVE how it absorbs oil on contact, but doesn't make me look weird or sick. It also looks INVISIBLE on the skin so it doesn't even look like I have powder on. VERY IMPRESSIVE, and totally worth the small pricetag! Merci beaucoup, Lancome!